Think Again.

Revenge.


P u b l i s h e d   o n : 0 9 / 0 5 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Twenty  Think Again.

"If not what?!" he half-whispered, half shouted.

 

“Are you sure it’s safe now? Baekhyun whispered as they stood by the hallways of the house on the third floor. Everyone else had showered, drank some blood and now they were getting ready to go to bed. Well other than those who were already fast asleep.”I still don’t think it’s a good idea.” Baekhyun gulped as Kai tugged Baekhyun’s shirt, teleporting him downstairs along with him. “Your skills are getting better.” Baekhyun patted Kai’s shoulder before Kai smirked. “Exactly, so let’s get out there and find him. We apologize and everything will be alright.”

“Can’t we just wait until he comes back?”

“And what if he doesn’t? Do you want them to keep using this against us? It’s not all that fun getting pushed around just because of one simple mistake.”

“It’s not a good idea.”

“Look Baekhyun for the third ti-“ Kai’s voice trailed off the moment he turned to look at Baekhyun but his gaze travelled to the person behind them. “You guys will get in huge trouble if you run into someone that you won’t want to meet.” Luhan crossed his arms in front of his chest before Kai let out a soft hiss. “It’s really annoying on how you guys keep using this against us. Especially Tao.”

“Then what about your safety? Isn’t that more important?” Luhan questioned as Kai was this close to losing his temper but Baekhyun patted his shoulder. “Luhan, I think this will be up to us. Go sleep or something.” Luhan let out a scoff before shaking his head. “You guys better be back or we’ll come to find you.”

“How will you know if we’re back?”

“I have skills, idiot.” Luhan snapped at Kai before he left to head back to his room. “That guy is getting fiercer especially since his training with Kyle.”

“Well we can’t expect him to be a pretty boy all the time. I can tell by the end of three weeks, we’ll be seeing different people.” Baekhyun sighed as Kai teleported them out of the house. “Let’s go.”

“Wait,” Baekhyun placed a hand on Kai’s chest to prevent him from walking any further. “What now?” Kai growled as Baekhyun pulled his hand back. “We don’t even know which way to go.” Both of them took a little while to think and use their senses to sense where Brian was. “I think he’s on this side, follow me.” Kai gestured as Baekhyun followed him to disappear into the woods.

“Are you sure they’re here?” one vampire questioned the other as the other stopped. “Yes, I sensed that they’re here. Lingering around here somewhere..” he muttered softly as the two of them walked around. One of them had black hair along with slender legs and arms while his partner had blond hair with a slightly built body. “If you say so then, let’s just walk around here for a while and if we don’t find anyone we’re heading back.”

“Kai, we’ve been walking around for 2 hours. Are you sure this is the right way?” he questioned as Kai stopped walking. “And now you’re not walking? What the hell?!” Baekhyun hissed but Kai placed a hand over Baekhyun’s mouth. He gulped before he moved his hand away the moment Baekhyun froze. “We’re not alone..are we?” He whispered as Kai shook his head. They gulped before trying to hide their presence. They leaned their backs on a tree that was big enough to hide both of their bodies. “What do we do?” Baekhyun whispered as Kai had no idea what he should do either. “We should’ve listened to Luhan.”

Their hearts stopped the moment they heard a twig snap. It was dead silent and nothing filled the woods apart from noises of the trees moving because of the wind. “Baekhyun,” Kai whispered as Baekhyun let out a nervous and shaky, “Hmm..?”

“I’m sorry.” He gulped as Baekhyun shook his head. “It’s not your fault.” They could sense the presence coming closer and closer and they didn’t have a plan. “What do we do now?” Baekhyun whispered as he gulped. Kai’s eyes changed into a slight color of brown before letting out a soft growl. “We try to run. If not,” he breathed out as Baekhyun couldn’t help but feel nervous. “If not what?!” he half-whispered, half-shouted at Kai before Kai gave him a glare. “We fight.”

“I don’t think they’re here.” The vampire whispered to the other as they wanted to turn around to walk back to where they came from. “Yeah, I guess you’re ri-“ his voice trailed off as his senses told him otherwise. “What is it?” his partner asked but he raised a hand up to hush him. He placed a finger on his lips before signaling his partner to move forward with him. “Baekhyun, grab on.” Kai whispered as Baekhyun nodded his head, gripping onto Kai’s arm. Kai tried to teleport as far as he could, he managed to teleport until they were almost out of the forest without a sound. Kai stopped behind a tree with Baekhyun still gripping onto his arm. “I think we’ve lost them.” He grinned as Baekhyun let go of his arm. “Think again.” A voice spoke up behind the tree they were hiding behind.