A Challenge.

Revenge.

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 0 7 / 0 5 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Eighteen  : A Challenge.

"He's a spirit and it seems like he was a close friend to both our trainers."

 

She let out a heavy sigh as she watched the boy drag himself up to his room. “Now you know why we don’t tell you?” she shook her head as they turned their attention back to the girl in front of them. She got up to check on Brian and the mood of the day was definitely ruined. A boy grabbed her by her wrist, causing her to stop and turn around to see who was holding onto her wrist. Baekhyun gulped but he didn’t let go of her wrist. “You haven’t told us about you.” He whispered as she pulled her hand back when the grip on her wrist loosened. “Tonight is bad enough. For me to make it worse would be selfish of me. Wouldn’t it?” The boys gulped before she walked away from them. She stopped walking before she could disappear from their sight to say, “About my past,” she shut her eyes tight as they could see her clenching her fists. She released them as she let out a sigh. “Forget it, get some rest.”

The next morning came by pretty fast and all the boys gathered in one of the Suho’s room with a plan. “Look, you two pig brains need to do something.” Xiumin crumpled a piece of paper before tossing it at Kai’s face. Kai dodged it before letting out a soft hiss. “I get it! I get it! We messed up big time!”

“More than just big time.” Suho retorted back before Kai rolled his eyes at him. “Whatever you guys are planning, stop it.” They hear a guy’s voice speak a few steps away from them. They looked up only to see there was no one there apart from the twelve of them. “Guys, who said that?”

“Was it you, Kris?”

“Why would I say that for?” Kris questioned as some of them felt shivers down their spines. They could tell they weren’t alone. “T-Then who was it?” Luhan whispered loud enough for everyone to hear as they got up on their feet. “It was me.” Suddenly that voice sounded very familiar to Chanyeol and Kris’s ears. Both of them murmured softly at the same time, “It can’t be..”. Chanyeol and Kris gave each other a look before realizing that both of them were the only ones who had seen Kyle before. Before they knew it Kyle appeared before them, scaring the crap out of the rest of the guys who haven’t seen Kyle before.

“Who are you?!” some of the chorused as the same time before Kyle smiled at Kris and Chanyeol, who immediately looked away the moment he tried to make eye contact with the two of them. “Where’s Hae Jung and Brian?” Kyle asked as he stood in the middle of the room. Some of the boys who didn’t know what was going on tried to attack Kyle who easily disappeared the moment they tried to do anything. Kai was getting frustrated the moment he couldn’t get a hold of Kyle. When he nearly got a chance, his hand passed through Kyle’s upper torso. He pulled his hand back and his face paled. “D-Don’t tell me..” Kai croaked out as everyone in the room froze. “Guys, stop trying to attack him. You’ll never get to inflict pain on him..” Chanyeol muttered softly before Kris told everyone to sit back down.

Everyone gathered on the ground to sit in a pack, apart from Chanyeol and Kris who stood beside Kyle. “This is Kyle,” Chanyeol pointed at Kyle who could only smile and wave a little. “Hello.”

“He’s a spirit and it seems like he was a close friend to both our trainers.” Kris explained as some of them gape their mouths open. “W-What did you say his name was again?”

“Kyle. Alright, since all of you are here..Let’s just have a proper introduction, shall we?” Kyle grinned before clapping his hands. Soon Kris and Chanyeol were seated down with their legs crossed in front of them in a blink of an eye. “Holy .” Tao leaned back on Xiumin the moment the two boys appeared sitting in front of him. Their eyes darted back at Kyle who could only smirk. “How did you..”

“Well no one said being a spirit came without powers.”

"I'm Kyle and knowing my name is more than enough for you to know about me." Kris and Chanyeol could tell there was a change in his voice. He was no longer a nice spirit that wanted to give them advice on their problems. "And I want to let you guys know that you shouldn't be messing up anymore. I probably have no right to say this to you guys but it's an advice you all should take. Push yourselves harder as if there's no limit. Strive to survive each day because Hae Jung and Brian won't be your trainers forever. There will come a time where they won't be here to protect you."

"What are you trying to say?" Suho questioned as Kyle held a hand to keep him quiet. "What I'm saying is, appreciate them as much as you can. There's no saying how long left you guys can train considering Zenon might pull off a fast move. I know he won't, but I'm just afraid he'll do something that will bring you guys off guard."

Before Kyle could go on to tell what else he had to say, the door opened revealing Brian. "My my my, who do we have here?"

"Brian!" Kyle chimed before he disappeared to reappear in front of Brian. "What are you doing here, brat?" he chuckled before the boys widened their eyes. "He seems alright already." Sehun murmured as Brian heard that. "I have to be, right?" Brian shot a smile at Sehun before attempting to smack Kyle but his hand would only past through his face. "Man I never get tired of that." Brian chuckled as Kyle smiled. "How is she?"

"She's not here now, she's gone for a while. She went to help Yunho at the Cattrige side." Kyle's eyes widened as he tried to move but he couldn't. "Not so fast tiger. I suggest you don't go there and screw things up for her. Let her be." Kyle sighed as it was no use in fighting Brian's powers. Even though he was a spirit, Brian still managed to make his powers effect Kyle. "So, how about a little challenge?" Kyle chimed as he turned around to head towards the twelve newborns on the ground. Even though they were still stunned that they had a spirit as a 'friend', they weren't afraid of him. In fact, they were getting stronger day by day and their fears would reduce overtime. "What kind of challenge?" Kyungsoo asked as some of them gulped.

"How long until Hae Jung gets back?" Kyle questioned as Brian looked up to think for a while. "I'd say... With the amount of bull she has to take care over there? Three weeks."

"Three weeks is more than enough." Kyle smirked before grinning at Brian. "You can't be serious." Brian chuckled before coming to stand beside Brian. "I'd like to see you try." Brian smirked before he let out a sigh to cross his arms in front of his chest. "C'mon! We don't know what's going on! Tell us!" Xiumin shook Brian by his arm as he let go the moment Kyle spoke. "How about we show Hae Jung that guys, can be great vampires even though they're just newborns? I mean, we have Brian here. And you have a spirit by your side. We have three weeks to whip you boys up into shape. You guys are alright, but you can be good. And from good you can be better. From better, what else can you become from there?"

"The best." Brian answered before anyone else could. "So how about it, boys?" Kyle smiled before the twelve took a while to think. "Hae Jung is the type of girl that sees progress more than bonding. If you can show her that you guys are worth it, she'll believe it. Maybe then you'll see the sides of her she would never show you before this. Are you with me or not?" Kyle seemed to be speaking from experience. That was one of the main reasons some of them agreed. The remaining weren't too sure but they gave in anyways. "Alright then, let's head out. Training shouldn't be indoors." Brian had already left the room to find a great training spot. Before Kyle could leave, a few of them called him out.

"What do you mean by 'We have three weeks to whip you boys up into shape.'?" Kyle simply smirked before turning around to face Chen who had asked him that. "Well it doesn't hurt to come back to train my clan members, doesn't it?" Chen's eyes widened as Kyle turned back around.

"I'm not called The Honour Newborn of the Dynarion Clan for nothing.".