Fifty-Eight.

Revenge.

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 1 4 / 0 7 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Fifty-Eight 

 

 
The group of six parted ways as they were taking different routes to get to the castle. If eighteen of them were to walk in a group there, it would be too noticable that they were going to do something. However, if they were to walk separately in their groups, it would be perfectly fine.. or at least they hope it would be.  It was one or two hours nearing midnight as they walked through the forest before they passed the border to enter the Cattrige side. It's shocking to them how easy they could just enter until a few groups that had just passed the border heard growls. "Just to think we could walk through peacefully." Daehyun hissed over the ear pieces and everyone tensed up. "Stay on guard, they'll attack any time." Kris reminded everyone as he whispered and everyone caught that loud and clear.
 
"You're not from here." A voice spoke up behind Yongguk and immediately he turned around only to see no one behind him. Him along with Kyungsoo and Sehun had only crossed the border not long ago and already someone had noticed their presence. This someone doesn't seem that friendly either. "Stay on your guard, they're attacking soon." Yongguk whispered before the other two nodded as they quickly walked forward. Chen's eyes widened before he stopped walking. He nudged his two friends by his side before they turned to look at him. "What?" The other two whispered before he blinked. "Did you guys hear that?"
 
"Hear what?"
 
Growlings of a few vampires could be heard around them and the two of them widened their eyes a little, but they weren't afraid. They were trained and they were ready. "That." Chen breathed out before they all turned around with the three of their backs facing each other as four vampires revealed themselves. "Remember, we can't kill them."
 
"But they can kill us?!" Xiumin half-whispered, half-shouted as he took a step back to lean his back against the other two backs leaning against his as Chen shook his head. "No, he can't either. But once their so-called 'king' gets his hands on us, there's no indication what he may do to us once the war is declared. We can't let them get to us." Chen explained before the three parted ways for a moment to take on the vampires surrounding them. "Stop." Lay breathed out before Suho and Youngjae furrowed their eyebrows but soon they understood why Lay had stopped them because they could sense vampires coming onto them just as they passed the border into the Cattrige side.
 
"Don't even think about it." Kai hissed when he kneed the vampire he was dealing with until the vampire flew across the forest away from him. Before Kai knew it, the vampire had came back to him and Kai teleported behind the vampire to inject a needle at the vampire's neck. It was filled with chemicals that could make any vampire pass out for at least 5 hours. Kai took as many of these as he can, knowing that they couldn't kill the vampires, these were the things that could come in handy. However Kai managed to defuse this needle in a way where he would only inject half of the liquid in the tube, making the vampire only pass out for about 3 hours or less. Kai pulled out the needle before he kicked the vampire away, who was currently unconcious. "Move quick." Kai whispered before Luhan and Himchan gave a nod before knocking out the vampires that tried to pounce on them.
 
"Come with me you usele-!" The vampire couldn't even finish his sentence when Lay held onto his hand and managed to control the vampire's part of the brain that controlled his body balance, the cerebellum. Lay applied force on that area, causing the vampire to fall onto the ground. Lay then moved on to controlling another part of the brain and with just a little bit of force, the vampire became unconcious. Lay let go of his hand before he took a step backwards. "If we keep letting them get to us, we'll never make it there quick." Lay hissed before Suho and Youngjae stood in the forest before they tried to talk to the others. "Are you guys listening?" Suho asked and most of everyone from each group responded with a soft "Yes."
 
"Good, because I think we have to make it less obvious we're in a group. If we keep letting them keep up with us, it's hopeless to reach there in time." Suho said before Jongup suggested, "We all should split up. Each and everyone of us split up and reach there as quickly as we can. I'm sure we all know the route we're using so just split up and keep a distance from one another. But each group should split up in a way where they're not too far from one another if the other needs help."
 
"Not bad, Jongup." Yongguk praised before Jongup smirked when Chen patted Jongup's shoulder. "Alright, everyone split up. Everyone should be there in two hours. Head out." Kris said before everyone immediately split up, using the routes they were assigned to but they would leave a distance between one another so the vampires can't sense them so easily. "Is everyone here? Head count." Suho said as he counted the number of people around him. But there was one missing. "There's one missing." Suho froze as he breathed out. "T-That's impossible. We were all close with one another." Sehun shook his head when he heard through his ear piece that everyone was keeping the same pace with one another so that they all would reach the castle at the same time.
 
Some of them got held back because some vampires got to them but they shook them off pretty fast before continuing their way here. "Oh ." Daehyun facepalmed himself and everyone turned to look at him. "Why?"
 
"Zelo's missing."
 
"Which means?"
 
"He's not good with directions."
 
"Someone call him out." Suho said before Yongguk raised his hand, indicating he would call Zelo out. "Zelo, where are you?" Yongguk furrowed his eyebrows when there was no response. Everyone else could hear Yongguk's voice through their ear pieces, which means Yongguk's message got across fine. "Z-Zelo. Answer me."
 
"Choi Jun Hong!"
 
"Hy-Yon-I'm-" Zelo's voice kept getting cut off each time he said something, thus making the words coming out of his mouth not understandable. "I'm going after this ki-" Yongguk's voice trailled off when he turned around only to see Zelo limping as he reached in front of the rest. Jongup and Sehun immediately appeared beside him to put an arm over their shoulder, supporting Zelo's weight. "What happened?" A few of them chorused before Zelo coughed out blood. "Five of them ganged up on me. They even broke this." Zelo said as he pulled out his ear piece from his pocket to show them that his ear piece was clearly broken, which leads to why his voice was being cut off every few seconds. He threw it to the ground before he spat out more blood. Everyone had worried looks before Zelo's wound sealed up and his bones were strong again, ready to use them as a weapon again. "Don't give me those looks. I took care of them already." Zelo said as he wiped the blood at the corner of his lips before he stood up straight again.
 
After a glare from Zelo, everyone waited for a few seconds before they went with their group again.
 
"Good luck everyone. Remember, call if you need help. Retreat if necessary." Suho reminded everyone before they gave an O.K. sign as they parted ways again to surround the castle. Today it was surprisingly quiet, too quiet. Luhan's group managed to get in without being noticed as they head down immediately towards the floors they were assigned to check. There were a few vampires pacing back and forth but they avoided them as much as possible and would only take action if it was possible. Avoiding all contact was the main point.
 
Baekhyun's group along with Chen's group were the only two groups who had to stuck by each other before they parted ways in the castle. They walked down the halls as they looked around and used their senses to sense where Hae Jung might be, but at the same time they had to focus on hiding their presence. "Everything alright?" Suho whispered before everyone gave a soft "Yes."
 
"Damn it." Kris hissed when the door they wanted to enter was locked. "Don't waste anymore time, move forward." Tao said as the three continued to check all the floors. It was pretty odd that there were no vampires lingering around the castle. From what Suho informed all of them and in the research books they've been reading, they all mentioned that there would at least be twenty vampires just walking around to stay on guard. Zelo stopped walking and nudged the two older ones to stop as they leaned against the hallway wall. "This is getting too weird." Tao whispered and everyone else who isn't with the three could hear them too, thus giving them their response. "What do you mean?" Himchan asked before Tao furrowed his eyebrows. "This is all too odd. Something's not right here." Tao whispered before Zelo signalled the other two to follow him as he found a door that wasn't locked.
 
The moment Zelo entered along with the other two following behind him into the dark room, the door shut tight and Kris hissed. He had a bad feeling about this. That feeling that felt like his guts were being folded inside out. The three of them walked inside the room, trying to make sure they didn't kick anything or make any sounds but it felt like the room was empty. They stopped walking until they were in somewhere in the middle of the room. Just then Tao's eyes widened when he could hear breathings of other people, and those people weren't s or the two people who came in with him. Much to their surprise, the lights came on and they were greeted with growls from the vampires in the Carrion clan who surrounded every possibly way out of the room. "." Tao cursed when the three backed up with their backs against one another before they knew they had entered a trap.
 
"Do you actually think we didn't notice?" One of the female vampires spoke up as she walked towards Tao but stopped a few steps away. "And who might you be? The royal ?" The female hissed but she didn't pull any sudden movements. "You look pretty young." A male vampire said as he pointed at Zelo. "It doesn't concern you." Zelo growled before he clenched his fists.
 
"Oh it will when I get to get my hands on you."
 
"Give me your best shot."
 
"Guys, they know were here." Kris whispered through the ear piece and some of them had already responded with either "I know." or "We're already taking them on."
 
Kris's eyes widened when a man appeared in front of him. Kris growled before he got ready to pounce on the man but soon the man disappeared again, leaving Kris to furrow his eyebrows. The man appeared in the corner of the room, grabbing the attention of the three of them in the room as their eyes darted to the corner of the room. "Allow me to introduce myself,"
 
"My name is King Zenon. The rightful king o-"
 
"You're not the king." Zelo cut him off and the other vampires in the room hissed, excluding Kris and Tao. "King Alaric is the rightful king. You're just a heartless old man."
 
"Zelo! Don't say anything more!" Suho tried to warn him through the ear piece but then he remembered that Zelo had already got his ear piece broken. "When the war is declared, I'm killing you first." Zenon sent a glare at Zelo before Zenon clapped his hands.
 
"Get them."