Wild Goose Chase.

Revenge.

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 0 3 / 0 5 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Sixteen  Wild Goose Chase.

"Damn it! This is their little trick! We're sore like this and they set us up for a wild goose chase!"

 

She let out a deep sigh before trying to hide her aura. She didn’t exactly have a bad or threatening aura around her but let’s just say she didn’t have a good one either. She made her way down the mountain easily as this was her countless time going down. She stood in front of the tree where she looked up to spot the boy leaning his back against the tree. “You’re not going to notice me down here?” she questioned loudly, attracting the attention of the boy who was staring off in to space a moment ago. He looked down and gulped before managing to ask, “W-What are you doing down there?”

“I’m down here because I’m not up there. Mind lending me a hand?” she questioned as her head tilted sideways. He hooked his legs on the tree before bending down as far as possible to reach for her hand. She jumped up and reached for his hand as he pulled her up to sit down beside him on the tree branch. He let go of her hand immediately and scooted away from her, leaving a gap between them. She shook her head slightly before scooting closer. “What’s bothering you?” she questioned as his eyes widened before letting out a soft yet shocked, “Eh?”

“I asked you,” she breathed out as she looked up into the boy’s eyes, “What’s wrong?” He was literally having an argument with his inner self whether he should really tell her or not. In his mind he flipped a coin. Heads he would tell her, and tails he wouldn’t. The funny part was the coin landed standing up. Not showing whether it was heads or tails. “How the hell is that possible?!” he shouted as Hae Jung raised an eyebrow. “What’s possible?” she questioned again as he turn to look at the girl beside him. He cursed at himself for being an idiot at a time like this. “N-No-Nothing.” He stuttered through his words as he waved a hand at her. She wanted to read his mind to really understand what he was talking about but she had a deep feeling inside her, wanting to listen to him tell her himself.

Maybe it was because she wanted him to trust her enough to tell her. She didn’t want to invade his privacy even though she could easily do it. Chanyeol was just praying in his heart that she would get bored or frustrated and leave. Although the thought of her leaving did make him feel pull him down a little. “Look,” she gripped onto his shoulders before turning him to face her. His eyes widened at the sudden touch but he didn’t mind it. “I’m not leaving until you tell me. Can’t you just tell me what’s going on in your mind?” she tilted her head as she stared into his eyes. He didn’t seem like he could divert his eyes away from hers, it was pulling him in like a mouse walking blindly into a mousetrap.

“As your senior, you can’t tell me?” her grip loosened on his shoulders as he gulped. She pulled her hands back before raising an eyebrow. “Not even as a friend?” she shook her head as he tried to speak but not even a simple sentence could form in his mind. His mind was totally blocked as nothing would pop up. If you were to ask him a simple ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ question now, he couldn’t even answer it. “Fine.” She muttered softly before jumping down from the tree to land on her feet. She glanced back up at the boy staring down on her, “But if you decide to tell me, I’ll be free to listen to you.”

With that being said she left him to be alone again. He mentally cursed himself and broke the tree branch above him. “You’re a ing joke Chanyeol. Joke of the millennium.” He shut his eyes tight before feeling a presence beside him. He turned his head to meet a pair of eyes looking at him. He nearly fell of the tree but he gripped on the tree trunk beside him. “W-Who are you?” Chanyeol questioned the person sitting beside him who wasn’t looking at him anymore. The person beside him was rather interested at the girl that had just walked away from him. “She’s something else, isn’t she?” the person questioned as Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows.

“Who are you?” the person beside him smiled before turning to face him. “I’m a spirit, Park Chanyeol.” Chanyeol’s eyes widened as he nearly fell off the tree branch again but as the person beside him tried to grab onto him, he ended up making his hand past through Chanyeol’s wrist. Chanyeol balanced himself sitting on the tree branch before scooting away from the person beside him who had just told him he was a spirit. “Look who are you and what do you want?!” Chanyeol raised his voice as the person beside him could only chuckle before looking away from him. His reaction made Chanyeol calm down just a little. “I’m Kyle, I won’t exactly tell you who I am but at least you know my name.” He smiled before turning to look at Chanyeol.

“A-And why are you here? B-Beside me I mean.” Chanyeol gulped as he managed to pull himself together. “Let’s just say, I want to help you.” He smiled up to the sky before letting out a soft sigh. In Chanyeol’s mind he was literally throwing a lot of questions at Kyle. If only Chanyeol knew that Kyle had already noticed every single question. “No I’m not here to kill or possess you. Being a spirit is troublesome enough. I’m just here to help you, because I want to. That’s all.”

What Kyle said had easily answered five of Chanyeol’s questions. “Y-You-How-What?!” Chanyeol ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. “Look,” Kyle closed his eyes shut for a moment, receiving a pitiful look from Chanyeol. “I’m just here to help you. Sincerely, that’s what I’m here for. So why don’t you tell me what’s bothering you? Maybe I could help?” Chanyeol didn’t mean to, but he let out a soft scoff before rolling his eyes at the spirit. “You? Help me? You’re a spirit.” Realizing what he just blurted out, he turned to look at Kyle to see his reaction. “I-I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to-“

“It’s alright. It’s true anyway.” He shrugged his shoulders before scooting closer towards Chanyeol. “So, what’s bothering you?” Chanyeol gulped as he contemplated to tell Kyle but it was pointless to hide anything because Kyle could see it through him like glass. “You know, it’s better you tell me yourself because you’ll feel a whole lot better once you let it out.” Kyle smiled before attempting to pat him on the shoulder but he pulled his hand back. “Sorry, I sometimes forget that I can’t really touch people anymore. It’s a really bad habit.” He bit his lower lip as he apologized.

“Well I guess..” Chanyeol muttered as he played with his fingers.

“How long do we have to stand like this?” Kai whispered to Xiumin, who he thought was beside him but it was actually Luhan. “I have no idea.”

“Wait, who are you?” Kai questioned as he furrowed his eyebrows the moment he heard Luhan’s voice. “Kai, it’s me. Luhan.” Luhan chuckled softly before getting hushed by the rest of the members. “Sorry..” the two of them muttered softly. “Do you guys want to stop?” Brian questioned as most of the nodded their heads except for Baekhyun. “Baekhyun? What about you? Don’t you want to stop?” Brian stood in front of Baekhyun as Baekhyun frowned. “Guys, someone’s missing from here.”

Hae Jung smirked before snapping her fingers. “Bingo.”

 “Until you guys can figure out who is missing among you, none of you can break free from this position.” Hae Jung said as she signaled Brian to bring Chanyeol back. This is where most of the furrowed their eyebrows. “Missing? Who?” Instantly their senses triggered and they could scan everyone around them and felt their presence except for Hae Jung’s. “Did Hae Jung leave?” Xiumin whispered as some of them shrugged their shoulders, not that anyone could see their actions besides Hae Jung anyway. “Nope, I’m still here.” Hae Jung raised a hand as she paid no attention to whatever they were doing.

“Chanyeol’s missing.” Kris stated dryly as now they realized he was gone. The rest gulped as they tried to move but they couldn’t. “Guys I can’t move!”

“You’re not the only one!”

“And you’re not supposed to.” Hae Jung stated coldly and everyone stopped trying to move. She was the one controlling their movements and until she decides to let it all go, they will be under her command. Hae Jung looked up only to spot Chanyeol walking back up with Brian towards where they were. She smiled a little when Brian had his arm over Chanyeol’s to drag him faster. Chanyeol came back and quietly went back to the position as the rest of the members. Some of them suddenly smiled when they noticed Chanyeol’s presence. “Chanyeol’s back!” Baekhyun smiled as the rest broke into a smile. Hae Jung snapped her fingers and the boys could move their bodies again.

“Now, how do you feel?” Brian questioned as the moment they could move all of them fell to the ground. They were standing in that position for over 5 hours without a break. Their knees felt wobbly if they tried to walk and they didn’t want to raise their hands ever again in their lives. “And now, we’ll put your senses to the test. Considering how it’s nearing 7.30p.m., during this time is the best time to train your senses because it’s dark yet you still can see everything. Hae Jung and I will separate. Six of you will have to find her and six of you have to find me. Whoever finds one of us first, well this isn’t a competition but do make it like one if you have to push yourselves harder to find us.” Brian stated as he nodded at Hae Jung. Brian was fast gone before the boys could even blink. They gulped as Hae Jung smirked. “You boys have exactly 10 minutes to find us. If you find us within 10 minutes, you get the whole night off. If not, prepare to train your asses off until midnight.”

“But wai-“ Chen’s voice trailed off the moment he realized she was already gone. “Damn it! This is their little trick! We’re sore like this and they set us up for a wild goose chase!” Tao groaned as Kris was the first one to get up. “Get off your asses and let’s show them that we’re serious about our trainings.”

“Hae Jung!” Brian jerked up the moment Hae Jung appeared behind him on the same tree. “You scared me! Don’t use that power on me!” He gently pushed her as she couldn’t help but chuckle. It’s been ages since she’s actually done something as playful like this. “I haven’t seen that smile in a long time.” Brian whispered before tucking a few strands of hair behind her ear. “I don’t know, I just feel..”

“Different?” he tilted his head sideways as she nodded her head after giving a thought of what he had said.

“Where the hell are they?” some of them groaned in unison when they couldn’t find their trainers. “Look we have exactly 8 minutes left.” Kris said as they stopped walking. “Let’s split up, it’ll be faster this way. Once we find them, send a signal like we practiced.” Most of them nodded their heads before proceeding to split up.

“Can we just stay like this a little while longer?” she whispered as he wrapped his arms around her tight. He nodded his head as she rested her head on his shoulder. “B-Brian?” she croaked out as tears were suddenly filling her eyes. “Yes?” he whispered softly but she could hear it perfectly. “Is it stupid if I cried?” she questioned as he shook his head, not sparing a look at her. “It’s completely fine if you-“ his voice trailed off the moment he could feel his shirt getting wet. He shut his eyes tight as he knew she was already crying.

“It’ll be okay.” He breathed out as he patted her back. “it will be okay.” He gulped before continuing to pat her back. “Just where the hell are the-“ Chanyeol’s voice trailed off the moment he heard sniffles. Chanyeol jerked up the moment someone bumped into him. “Ouch! Damn it Chanyeol.” Tao hissed as Chanyeol hushed the younger boy. “What’s wrong?” Tao whispered as Chanyeol looked up, with Tao followed his gaze. Their eyes softened and mouths gaped open the moment they saw Hae Jung crying.

“He said he would be fine!” She raised her voice while letting out the tears. “I know he did.” He whispered back even though she was shouting. “I just want him back.” She muttered softly as Brian inhaled deeply. “You promised him you wouldn’t cry.” Brian chuckled dryly as it was his only way of not crying along with her. “If he can break his promise, so can I.”

His heart shattered into pieces every time Hae Jung cried. She wasn’t those kind of people to share her pain with others. If she shared her pain with others it could only mean she trusts them a lot. Even with that being said, sometimes she doesn’t tell others she’s hurting. She would rather go through it alone. Maybe that’s why Brian gets hurt whenever he sees her cry because it’s been years since he saw her cry.

“I..I think we should go.” Chanyeol said as Tao nodded his head after meeting eyes with Brian. “Go.” Brian mouthed the words to them as they wanted to protest but the moment they saw a tear rolling down Brian’s cheek, they immediately sealed their lips and disappeared. “Guys, let’s head back home.” Chanyeol chimed as Tao tried to drag all of them home, assuring them it was alright to leave because Brian said so. It was hard to convince them at first but based on how Chanyeol was reacting, they bought it easily.

Before Tao walked ahead of the others, he stopped and waited for Chanyeol. Tao tugged Chanyeol’s arm before holding him back from walking any further. “Why were they crying?” Tao questioned as Chanyeol was just as clueless as he was. “I have no idea man.” Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders as a sense of frustration could be found in his voice.

When the guys gathered back home, ten boys surrounded the two boys who had informed them that their trainers said it was alright to leave. Tao and Chanyeol were in the middle of the circle as the rest of them interrogated them to spill it. “Just tell us, what did you guys do until they would let us off the hook like that?” Kai questioned as he poked Chanyeol’s nose. “Hey!” Chanyeol rubbed his nose before shaking his head. “We didn’t do anything!”

“Just believe us damn it! We didn’t do !” Tao raised his voice as everyone backed away, including Chanyeol. “They were crying, alright? Both of them. That’s why. Happy? Geez.” Tao snapped at everyone excluding Chanyeol before storming off to his room. “Man, what’s his problem?” Kai asked as Chanyeol raised a brow as he shrugged his shoulders, “Maybe if you guys were to believe us then he wouldn’t be so ticked off.”.

"So what do we do?" Xiumin asked everyone as most of them shrugged their shoulders except for Suho.

"We wait for them to come back, I guess.."