Rascals.

Revenge.


 

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 1 7 / 0 4 / 2 0 1 3
 Chapter Six  : Rascals.

"That's a pretty name," Baekhyun commented. "for a pretty girl." Chen finished Baekhyun's sentence as Brian flicked both of their foreheads.

 

 

“Ready? Brian asked as he opened the door for Hae Jung. “If I said I wasn’t, what would you do?” she asked him as they stepped out of the house. “I will.. Make you ready.” He winked at her before she shoved him aside to walk towards the new college they were enrolled to. “So what are you going to major in now? Since you can choose whatever you like.” He asked her as she thought about it for a while. She wasn’t actually sure of what she wanted. She and Brian could easily excel in any classes or whichever major they would like to major in but they would actually like to enjoy it.

“Hmm, I was thinking of trying out for art class first but I don’t know. It’s not that important to me. You know how I don’t take college seriously.” She shrugged her shoulders as he smiled. “Why? What are you choosing to major in?” she questioned him as he smiled again. “I’m choosing whatever you’re choosing.”

She stopped walking only to glare at him. He gave one of the cutest faces he’s got yet. He puffed up his cheeks slightly and opened his eyes wide. He tried to do a little pout but it failed as his cheeks deflated before he could even do a proper pout. “No, I told you that you can’t choose your major based on me.”

“But why? I don’t see what’s wrong with that.” He dropped the cute act as he tugged his bag over his shoulder. “Look, I just want you to choose whatever you want to do. Not because you want to be with me. Please?” He let out a heavy sigh as he knew he could never talk her out of it. “Fine, just take good care of yourself.”

She let out a soft scoff before walking faster. “Just because I’m a girl you underestimate me.” She muttered under her breath before she bumped into a guy, causing her to stumble but she didn’t fall. “Oh my I’m so sorry!” the guy apologized as she looked up, realizing it was Chanyeol. His eyes widened as he took a step back to bow. “I’m really sorry!”

“It’s okay, don’t worry about it.” She said as she brushed her clothes, tugged her bag over her shoulder before walking away from him. Behind Chanyeol were the rest of the guys, walking in a group. Brian realized it was them when Suho called him out. “Hey! Funny, we were just talking about you.” Suho smiled as Brian raised an eyebrow. “Me? What about me?”

“We actually wanted to apologize for yesterday.” Xiumin said as a few of them nodded their heads. “Where’s..?” Kris asked as he looked around. “She went ahead of us already.” Chanyeol said as he pouted a little. “I sort of bumped into her.” He said as he rubbed the back of his neck. “You will forever be a klutz.” Chen said as he patted Chanyeol on the shoulder. “You .” Chanyeol cussed as he pushed Chen’s hand away from his shoulder.

After an hour or two of walking, they finally reached the college. They stood in front of the college as Hae Jung was already inside the building. Although it was a further distance compared to the previous college Hae Jung and Brian enrolled to, they still didn’t mind walking as it was good to train their stamina every day. Unless they get lazy then there’s a van to drive.

The group of guys walked down the hallway, receiving squeals from the girls in the hallway. All of them were just looking at them in awe. Thirteen good-looking guys walking in a pack. What was more attractive was they were smiling at every girl they passed by. Hae Jung closed her locker and glanced at the group of guys walking in her direction.

“It’s only the beginning of the year and girls go insane already.” She muttered under her breath before turning, walking away from them.

“Hey, isn’t that.. uh..” D.O. said as he pointed at Hae Jung. “Damn it what’s her name?” D.O. cursed as he snapped his fingers multiple times.“You guys don’t know her name?” Brian asked, slightly amused. “Nope,” Xiumin answered before he glanced at Hae Jung walking away. “-we didn’t have the guts to ask her for her name. She might whoop our asses.”

“Her name is Hae Jung. Shim Hae Jung.” Brian told them as they all nodded their heads. Some letting out ‘ooh’-s and ‘ahh’-s. “That’s a pretty name,” Baekhyun commented. “-for a pretty girl.” Chen finished his sentence as Brian flicked both of their foreheads. “Rascals.” Brian muttered under his breath before making his way towards his class as he had already decide what class he wanted to take for the day before he confirmed it since Hae Jung and Brian was given a chance to try out any classes they want before the finalize what classes they would want to take.

The group of boys decided to split up to go to their respective classes. A few of them would walk in the same direction as a few of them would be in the same class. It was down to Kris and Chen that shared the same class in the morning. They knocked on the door before entering the classroom. Squeals and giggles could be heard as they took their seats, which was right beside one another. They simply smirked when they heard the voices of girls reacting to them.

“Alright class,” Mrs. Jin spoke up as she lowered her reading glasses. “-we may or may not have a new student joining us from now on.” The class went dead silent as they looked around, trying to find the new student but they ended up frowning at one another. They couldn’t spot the new student anywhere.

“So this is the class.” Hae Jung shrugged her shoulders before placing her hand at the doorknob. She knocked on the door before opening it. She took a step in before closing the door behind her. Looking up, everyone was already staring at her as if she murdered someone. She raised an eyebrow before making her way towards the older lady in the room, whom she assumed was the teacher.

“You’re Shim Hae Jung?” Mrs. Jin asked as Hae Jung took out a pin-on nametag to pin on her shirt as well as a tag to wear over her neck. On the tag it was understood by anyone that she was new and she could try out any classes she want before she finalized them. Art class was one of them. “So you’re the new girl,” the teacher smiled before facing the class once again. “This is the new student.”

Kris mentally cursed when he realized a new person would be joining them. Always when there was a new student, classes would be hell as everyone would go insane or they would even try to bully the new student. He looked up to take a look on how the new student looked like and his eyes widened as he realized the new student was Hae Jung. Indeed he knew they were in the same college now, but he didn’t expect they would be in the same class. Kris’s head snapped at Chen’s direction. “Chen!” Kris whispered. “Dude!” Kris hissed as he crushed a paper ball before tossing it at Chen’s head. “What..?” Chen groaned as he lifted his head up, only to straighten his back and widen his eyes as he saw Hae Jung standing in front of the class.

“You may take your seat on the front row at the most right.” Mrs. Jin told Hae Jung as she nodded her head a little before making her way towards the seat. She sat down in front of the canvas as she dropped her bag onto the floor beside her. “Alright class! Considering we have a new student here today, let’s just take it slow and easy. The topic or should I say, theme for today is something that gives or explains something. For say, you can paint something really simple but it can have a deep meaning behind it or vice versa. Keep it simple, yet meaningful!”

Mrs. Jin clasped her hands together before taking her seat at the front of the room. “Just because I’m new you gave an easy topic. Typical.” Hae Jung murmured under her breath before reaching for her bag to take out her tools she needed to draw.

“She’s in the same class as us?” Chen questioned as he stared at the back of Hae Jung’s head. “Seems like it.” Kris said as he was staring at the same girl Chen was staring at. “Should we say hi? Or acknowledge her or something?” Chen asked as Kris shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know, but I’m not going to.” Kris said as he tore his eyes away from Hae Jung to start drawing. “Why not?” Chen asked Kris when Mrs. Jin tapped Chen’s shoulder, causing him to snap his head around to see who it was. “Mr.Kim, I believe you can start now.”

Chen let out a dry chuckle before facing front at his empty canvas. “Nice going Chen.” Kris said sarcastically as Chen lifted up his pencil. “Shut the hell up Kris.”

Three hours passed by just like that. Everyone was required to stand up, present to the class what they drew with a little explanation before handing it to Mrs. Jin. Chen was a little anxious to see what Hae Jung had drawn that he wasn’t paying much attention to his own drawing. “First up, Hae Jung. Since this if your first time, it’s alright if you mess up.” Mrs. Jin raised her voice as the class was noisy but it was unnecessary since Hae Jung had sharp hearings. The moment Hae Jung stood up, the whole class became silent.

“The heck.” Hae Jung muttered under her breath before she lifted up her canvas. “Come here.” Mrs. Jin called out as Hae Jung rolled her eyes slightly before making her way towards Mrs. Jin, in front of the whole class. She flipped her canvas around and most of everyone’s mouth gawked open. It was just a simple red rose, that’s withering among a bunch of roses behind it. The rose was very detailed and beautifully drawn. The outlines, shadings along with the color shade for that one specific rose that was withering.

The painting definitely caught Chen’s and Kris’s attention, along with the whole class including Mrs. Jin.

“E-Explain your drawing slash painting, Hae Jung.” Hae Jung closed her eyes for a split second before opening them to look down at her canvas. “Basically,”

“The withering red rose, symbolizes those who feel like an outcast. You can see that at the back, there are so many beautiful red roses growing by its own. But then there’s a withering rose. Slowly fading and losing its colors as though there’s no other rose around that rose to help. The roses around the withering rose are just focusing on making themselves shine, that they couldn’t care less about any other roses. And for that, this specific rose symbolizes an outcast.”

Most of the students nodded their heads in understandment as they understood completely what she had meant. Hae Jung lowered down her canvas as she glanced at Mrs. Jin. “H-Hae Jung, leave your canvas here.” Mrs. Jin spoke up as she tapped the table beside her. Hae Jung placed her canvas on the table before heading back towards her seat.

“That’s incredibly deep.” Chen commented as he leaned back on his chair. “Well at least we know she’s not a rebel in class.” Kris added as he let out a sigh. “Look man, do you hate her or something? What’s up with you?” Chen asked as he managed to tap Kris’s arm. Unfortunately by doing that, it caught Mrs. Jin’s attention.

“Kim Jong Dae, let’s see what you have.” Mrs. Jin spoke up, causing everyone to look at Chen. He gulped before looking down at his canvas, which was empty.