Honestly..

Revenge.

 

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 1 7 / 0 4 / 2 0 1 3
 Chapter Five  Honestly..

"That's all I'm asking for as your trainer, a senior and a friend."

 

Yunho sat on the chair Brian sat on moments ago, as he smiled at the boys. “So, what do you think of them?”

“Well..” all of them chorused at the same time as they looked at one another. “Don’t worry, be honest with me. I want to know what you guys think.” Yunho gave them another warm smile, making them feel like they could say anything they want.

“Brian’s really nice but,” Kris started out as he bit his lower lip. It’s not to say he didn’t like Hae Jung. He was just wondering why she was acting like a total towards them but around Brian she was like a total different person. “The girl is just..”

Yunho raised an eyebrow before eyeing Kris. “The girl?” Yunho asked again, clarifying that they still didn’t know her name. “Yeah, she’s not a guy right?” Chen joked as a few of them laughed. “You mean, you don’t know her name?”

“We didn’t really dare to ask her because she looked like she was pissed at us already.” Kai shrugged his shoulders as most of them agreed with what Kai said. Yunho pressed his lips together before showing them another smile. “Well you guys have to it up, and tolerate with it. Try to ask her for her name.”

"Uh, no thanks. I don't want to get clawed by her." Tao answered bluntly before getting hit by Yunho on the head. "Ouch! What was that for?!"

"You brat." Yunho chuckled before patting his head.

“Hae?” Brian called out as he entered Hae Jung’s room. She was sitting by her table, staring out of the window as it slowly started to rain. Sty was standing on the table as he was also feeling the mood his owner was feeling. Brian let out a sigh when he saw her in this state. He glanced at Celestial that was standing on the other side of the table. It wasn’t a good expression on the tigress’s face. He walked towards her to crouch down beside her as he reached for her hand. gape open but she couldn’t say anything. She didn’t even know what to say.  He had just interupted the flashbacks that popped up into her brain one by one. Slowly killing her on the inside even though it happened ages ago. “Are you alright?” Brian asked her even though he knew the answer already.

She wasn’t okay.

She nodded her head before standing up, pulling her hand away. “We’re training them, aren’t we?” she questioned Brian as this time, he nodded his head. They knew it from the start that they will be training the chosen ones. It wasn’t an easy task, but definitely not impossible. They’ve trained countless number of vampires before.
“I don’t know if I can do it.” She murmured softly before she gazed down to stare at the ground.

“Hey..” Brian whispered softly before lifting her chin up with his index finger as he took a step closer. “We all know you’re capable of training them, and.. I know that you’ll do fine.”

She shook her head before pushing his hands away gently. “It’s not that,”

She let out a heavy sigh before looking up into his eyes. “-I-I.. Let’s just go down.” She said before she turned around, walking towards the door.

“It’s just that, she seems so cold.” Tao commented. “She seems to be like one of those y stepsisters you’d see in Cinderella.” He added on, not realizing Hae Jung was already listening to their conversation. She revealed herself along with Brian as a few of them gasped. “Have you said enough?” she questioned Tao, leaving him speechless. She looked away, shifting her gaze to Yunho. “We’re their trainers, aren’t we?” she questioned Yunho as he nodded his head. “You’ll be training them until they’re strong enough to carry on by their own. They aren’t the only chosen ones this time.”

Her eyes widened as she glanced at the twelve boys. “They’re not?” she croaked out before she looked back at Yunho. He smiled before he patted her head. “They’re not. We need more reinforcements this time, since.. You know why.” He smiled again as he reached for one of her hand. “After you train them for a few years or so, they’ll be meeting Jonghyun’s batch. The two of you will meet up and his group along with yours will unite.”

“I knew he would be a part of this.” She said sarcastically before she pulled her hand back. “Where will they be staying?” she questioned him as he pulled his hand back, since she pulled hers back. “Somewhere nearby your area. You know that big house I have on the other side of the forest?” Yunho questioned her as she nodded her head. She remembered the place well as she used to live in that house for quite some time before she moved into this house.

“That’s where they’re living at the moment. At least they won’t be so far away and they can seek help whenever they need your assistance.”

“Is that all?” she raised an eyebrow before he chuckled. “What’s the rush?” he questioned her as she smiled just a little. It was a slight smile that was barely unnoticeable to anyone but a few of the boys saw it. And they’re not going to lie to themselves, it was a pretty attractive sight. “You’ll be going to the same college as them. They’re still attending college and well, some of them will be graduating the same year as you.”

“I still don’t get why we go to college. Everyday we’ll be mixing with humans and sometimes the things they say about vampires ticks me off.” Hae Jung said before Yunho pulled her in for a small hug. “I know, I know it makes you mad. But you know why I want you to go to college, it’s for your own good to gain knowledge. They might come in handy.” Yunho said softly before pulling away from the hug. “So it shouldn’t be a problem, should it?”

Hae Jung shook her head before glancing at Brian, who shook his head too. “We’ll do anything to keep them safe. If switching colleges is one of them, then so be it. Those are just minor changes.” Brian said as he glanced at the boys before looking back at Yunho. “Then it’s settled. Everything has been taken care of. You will start attending their college tomorrow. Going there separately is alright, but coming back.. I think it’s safer if you all came back together.”

“We’re fine with anything.” Suho and Kris said at the same time as he looked at Yunho. Yunho smiled seeing how cooperative they were before he turned his attention to Hae Jung. “Hae?” Hae Jung let out a heavy sigh before glancing back at Brian, who had a facial expression of agreeing with it. “It’s for the best, and it’s to keep them safe. You know how many people will want to take their lives away especially since they’re the chosen ones.” He mouthed the words to her as she looked at Yunho. It’s not to say Brian didn’t have any control, it’s just that the final call goes to Hae Jung since she was older than Brian.

“Fine, just. Tell me the details and everything I need to know to start my day tomorrow. I’m leaving.” She said as she brushed past against Yunho and Kris’s arm to get out of the house. "Wait," Yunho called out as Hae Jung's hand touched the doorknob. She turned around before questioning him why he called her out. "Let's at least have a proper introduction." Yunho smiled before nodding his head once. "I'll pass, you guys can have a blast." she said before walking out of the door. Kris glared at the girl that just brush past him as Yunho took in a deep breath before he turned his head to face Brian. “Take care of her well, please.” Brian nodded his head before he stared at the ground. The rest of the boys in the room felt left out. They didn’t know what Brian and Yunho were talking about.“You know you’re the only one she has now. You have to be there for her, do you understand?”

“I understand.” Brian answered him immediately. “You know I promised him I’ll take care of her with my whole life. I don’t plan to let him down.”

“That’s good, that’s..good..Maybe now she’ll have more friends. Like these guys here.” Yunho whispered softly before taking a step back.

 “I’ll be leaving, I’ll come by to check from time to time and give tests to them. So they better be ready. If not.. Brian, you know what the punishment is.” Yunho announced before he gave each and every one of the boy a handshake and hug. “Good luck boys, good luck.”

With that being said, Yunho left. Leaving Brian with twelve newborns accompanied with a tigress and an eagle. “I think we should head home, it’ll be a long day tomorrow.” Kris said before everyone agreed. “Wait,” Brian called out as he blocked the way out. The boys backed up immediately as they thought he was going to do something. Brian let out a heavy sigh as he hid his intimidating aura.

Seems like he didn’t hide it because of the slight anger he was feeling inside. He couldn’t stand it whenever someone judged Hae Jung just by the way she acts, especially when she’s a girl that’s going through so much. So much that even Yunho didn’t know it was possible for a person to handle, yet alone a vampire. It amazed Yunho along with a few other leaders of the Dynarion Clan on how strong Hae Jung was. Not physically, that’s Brian. She was insanely strong, mentally and emotionally.

“I get that, Hae Jung seems like a total to you. And that she seems like she couldn’t be bothered to even help you. But I’ll speak on her behalf now.”

He took a step away from the door before continuing. “She’s just like that, alright? I know, it’s hard to understand why she’s acting like this. But you have to stick by us for at least a few years. Maybe within this few years you’ll learn and understand why. Even get to know her a little bit along the way but I don’t know, that’s up to her if she wants to open up to you and vice versa. Meantime, refrain from talking about her. If you wish to do so, do it where she can’t hear you. As cold of a person she is, she's also a person with feelings. To hell of thinking vampires don't have feelings. I'm sure you all have feelings right?"

The boys nodded their heads once slowly, feeling intimidated and scared but at the same time everything he said so far made sense.

"That’s all I’m asking for as your trainer, a senior and a friend.”

Before the boys could react to what he was saying, he continued.

"She's acting cold towards you boys but you clearly saw the way she wanted to protect you guys. Even though she didn't know you personally, she willingly put her life on the line to save you from those nine tailed foxes. Isn't that something you guys should be grateful of? Something to show you that you need to respect her because she saved your asses from being ripped apart?"

"She could easily sit back down and watch you guys get ripped into pieces like she said, but she didn't."

Brian could tell they were shocked, but he said what he had to say. "So please, just..please. That's all I'm asking for."

The boys, including Kris and Suho took a moment before they nodded their heads. They’ve come to realize that Brian cared for her deeply, whether it was in a brotherly way or not. Some of them even began to feel guilty based on what they thought of her, and what they said about her when Brian was right.

She was willing to put her life on the line just to save them, and they didn't appreciate it the way they should.