Sixty.

Revenge.

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 1 7 / 0 7 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Sixty 

 

Luhan rammed his fist against the wall behind him when he turned around. Hae Jung wasn't replying him, why? Did she really mean what she said? Whatever the case is, he's not going to let him bother him but it did sting his heart a little. He walked down the stairs, run to be exact until he kicked the door open. He turned left and right before decided to take a right turn down the hall. It slowly got darker and darker until he couldn't see anything ahead of him. He hissed and wanted to turn around but then something sparkling caught his eye. He narrowed his eyes only to make up that image in front of him were chains. Silver chains.
 
Cautiously he walked slowly towards the silver chains and he pulled them but it wouldn't break. He hissed before he tried again but it wouldn't work.. again. He looked what the silver chains were wrapping around and it was just a big bookshelf. What the hell was a bookshelf, covered in silver chains doing in the middle of the hallway? His eyes widened when he could hear voices coming from the wall behind the bookshelf. There were grumbles and the floor was shaking before he made the right choice to crouch down on the ground when the bookshelf exploded into pieces along with the silver chains. A few pieces of wood pierced his skin but he pulled them out and soon his wound closed. There was smokes of dust and pieces of wood flew everywhere including the silver pieces of the chain spreaded everywhere on the ground. He coughed before he could hear voices and he knew he wasn't alone.
 
He stood up and opened his eyes wide when he saw four people, one of them being Hae Jung after the smoke died down. He gulped before the three vampires gave him a look. "He's that boy I saw in the vision." Hae Hwa breathed out before Kwan Jung's eyes widened. Alaric stepped out of the room before he gripped Luhan by his shoulders. "Can you tell me what is going on?" Alaric's voice was calm and collected, the complete opposite of Zenon but at the moment Luhan didn't know who he was. Luhan could feel the calm aura radiating from Alaric but he still doesn't know who he is.
 
"Who are you?" Luhan hissed before he pushed Alaric's hands away. "He's King Alaric." Kwan Jung said in a stern voice before Luhan's eyes widened as he took a look at the man in front of him. "K-King Alaric?"
 
"That's fine. It would only be normal for you to push me away like that but for now, I need to know what is going on. Save the introductions for later."
 
"The treaty is broken." Was the first thing Luhan thought was relevan to say to him at a time like this though he said it in a soft voice, still in shock and not believing that the king was right in front of him. "Alaric, we have to move now. We can't let Zenon open the gate." Kwan Jung reminded Alaric who had just remembered about the gate. "The ga-? Hurry! We must get there!" Alaric said as he turned around but he didn't walk when he turned back to look at Luhan. "Young one, can you take care of the girl?" Alaric said before he pointed at Hae Jung who was lying on the ground who tried to get up but she was struggling. She had used most of her energy to break down the wall along with the bookshelf blocking the way instead of letting her parents or Alaric pitch in to break it down. Since she knows she can't walk properly, it would also mean she can't fight properly. Her parents and Alaric needed their energy more than her. Luhan ndoded his head immediately but Hae Hwa wouldn't budge. "I'll stay here with my daughter."
 
"No, we need you." Alaric said before Kwan Jung tried to pull his wife away from Hae Jung but she was just as stubborn as Hae Jung. "No! I will not let anything happen to her again! I haven't seen her in such a long time and I will not, I repeat. I will NOT let anything happen to her!" Hae Hwa shouted before her eyes changed into a slight shade of purple. Being a mother not able to see her own daughter for almost two centuries now was heartbreaking. What more when she was locked up down in this dungeon all this while, not breaking free only to think that her daughter was safe when it was the complete opposite? She swore to herself that she would never let anything happen to Hae Jung again.
 
"M-Mom, I'll be fine." Hae Jung breathed out before she pushed her mother away even though she wanted her mother to stay. She wanted her mother to stay more than anything in the world but at a critical time like this, she can't be selfish. Her mother was a very important and strong vampire that needed to carry her duties now. "Just go, they need you more than I do." Hae Jung said in a soft voice before Luhan walked into the room as he stayed by Hae Jung's side. "I'll be here to make sure nothing happens to her. I promise." Luhan nodded his head before Hae Hwa saw the determination in his eyes. Hae Hwa could see the power and energy Luhan had in his eyes. Another thing extra she saw was the love he had for her. From there she was convinced that he will protect her with his life. Love conquers all and would make him stronger. She walked towards Luhan and handed him a small tube. "This is for emergencies only. Use it if you or her are injured." Hae Hwa whispered before Luhan nodded his head as he took in the image of Hae Jung's mother.
 
So that is how she looks like. No wonder Hae Jung has a slight shade of purple and brown in her eyes. When Luhan looked up to take one last look at Kwan Jung, who he assumed was Hae Jung's father but he doesn't know his name, he had brown eyes. Before he knew it, the three vampires had left, leaving Luhan together with Hae Jung. "Why are you so stupid?! You should have never come here in the first place!" She shouted at Luhan who didn't hesitate to seal her lips with a kiss. It wasn't long when he broke the kiss and placed a hand over her lips with her eyes slightly widened. "I'm doing this because I love you. I know you said all those things just so Zenon wouldn't get to me."
 
"All in all, you shouldn't be so reckless! Coming here by your own is forbidden!" Her screams her muffled when he pressed his hand harder over . "I know it is! But it would be wrong to let you suffer here on your own!" He raised his voice before his face leaned closer towards hers.
 
"Lu-"
 
"No more! We're settling this once and for all. Without the help of the leaders in the Dynarion clan. We're being independent and we know we made the right choice. We're not backing down on the decision we've made because everything that we do, there's a price we have to pay. We've already paid the price and now we have to win them. We can't let them do this anymore."
 
Hae Jung sealed before she gulped. Luhan pulled his hand away from slowly before he lifted her up with his hands behind her back. At the corner of Luhan's eyes he could see a ring and he lied her down again on the ground before he used his mind to take the ring. He placed the ring on his hands only to realize it was the ring that Kyle gave to her but it was a little bit dented. He lifted up Hae Jung's hand before he slipped in the ring on her ring finger. "Don't ever do this again." She warned him before he gave her a slight smile. Of course he was happy to have her in his arms again but nows not the time to enjoy that at the moment. "There won't ever be a next time."
 
"Watch out!" Himchan shouted as Kyungsoo ducked when daggers were being aimed at him. Before the vampire could pounce on Himchan, a white figure came and attacked the vampire. It was within a few seconds when Himchan watched the white tigress rip apart the vampires head quickly before the tigress gave a low growl at Himchan. Himchan was this close to the energy out of the tigress but Kyungsoo turned around and stopped him. "No! Don't! She's on our side!" Kyungsoo shouted before Himchan furrowed his eyebrows. Himchan faced front again when the tigress lunged forward at his direction that he dodged it but it was pointless. Celestial was going for the vampire behind Himchan, not him. Himchan gulped before he nodded his head, processing the fact that a tigress was on their side.
 
"There's so many!" Daehyun raised his voice before he broke the defense of the vampire who had a shield over himself as Daehyun dashed forward to stab the vampire with a quicksilver knife at his heart. Zenon clenched his fists as he sat down there, refusing not to fight as he watched all of this take place. Everyone was too busy fighting on their own, they didn't notice the presence that appeared in front of Zenon. "Stop this, brother." Alaric appeared and Zenon's eyes widened before he shot up from his seat. "YOU! How did you-!"
 
"I SAID STOP THIS!" Alaric's voice was so loud, it sent echoes in the room, causing everyone to freeze at what they were doing but they kept their guards up. EXO and B.A.P widened their eyes when they could easily recognize the person standing in front of Zenon, although they could've sworn that maybe they were hallucinating. "If you don't stop this, and follow the treaty, I will end this. Once, and for all. Too many people have died and for your men to break the treaty, is a very despicable thing to do." Alaric's voice was stern, yet it had this feeling in his voice that would make you follow whatever he wanted but not to Zenon.
 
"NO! You've been loved for far too long and I will not hold back this time! Open the gate!"
 
Alaric dashed forward to stop his brother but he was a little slow when Zenon had disappeared. Zenon clasped his hands together before he whispered a soft chant. When the chant was finished, grumbles could be heard, hisses and whispers of soft "Give me your soul." Could be heard. No one knew what was going on except for Alaric and Zenon. Kwan Jung and Hae Hwa had left the castle easily to head back to the Dynasty side, as well as calling for help. It would take a while for them to reach and come back but they had to follow Alaric's orders, whether they liked it or not. They couldn't bring Hae Jung back because it would only slow down their process and God knows how many vampires were already on her parents' tracks.
 
"You're making a big mistake!" Alaric shouted but Zenon could only laugh when the whole atmosphere became darker and darker. The lightbulbs in the room burst before it was fully dark but everyone could see one another because of the moonlight as the walls were broken down due to the fight. Tao gulped before he tugged Kris's shirt. "What's going on?" Tao whispered before Kris shrugged his shoulders. Luhan's eyes widened as he hugged Hae Jung's body tight as he lifted her up and placed her in the corner of the room when he felt grumbles on the ground. A black portal appeared opposite the room they were in and Hae Jung's eyes widened. 
 
The gate looked too familiar. "No." She breathed out when she tried to get up but she couldn't. "Luhan, run!" She shouted when she pushed him up but he shook his head. "No! Whatever it is, whatever is coming out from there, I'm fighting it!" Luhan raised his voice but she hissed. "This is not the time for you to be like this! Run! You can't!" She shouted but then it was too late when a gate appeared in front of the black portal. A tall rusty gate appeared and soon, it unlocked itself. "It's too late." She whispered when Luhan's eye color changed to a slight shade of red. He was determined to kill whatever that was coming out from there. "What a pleasant surprise." An eerie old man's voice spoke up before monsters from the Underworld came out of nowhere and Luhan's eyes widened.
 
Monsters came out from the portal passing through the gates but they avoided Luhan and Hae Jung. They weren't even bothered with them and made their way to somewhere else. "Guys! Be on your guard! Monsters are heading up!" Luhan quickly informed the rest through the ear pieces but he noticed he was too late in informing them when he could hear screams, shouts, grunts and curses through the ear pieces. Hae Jung furrowed her eyebrows before she pulled Luhan's hand until he bent down and she pulled the ear piece out of his ear to wear it in her own. She doesn't want him to listen to anything going on up there, it would be painful for him to hear his friends' cries during the fight.
 
"What have you done?!" Alaric shouted at Zenon who could only smirk. "It's about time I win this time."
 
"This isn't the way!"
 
"Then what is?"
 
"Heartless bastard." Alaric breathed out before he dashed forward to take on his brother when the rest were already fighting against the monsters from the underworld. Even vampires in the Carrion clan had to fight against the monsters. The monsters in the underworld favours no one but Zenon. Anyone else other than him will get eaten up, hurt, injured or killed. "Where the hell are these monsters coming from?!" Sehun shouted when he made a tornado to the snake with eyes all over it's body into it before he tossed the snake out of the window. God knows what that snake is capable of. Just then the vampires heard thuds coming towards the room and the walls broke down and revealed three red, large six foot Minotaurs. Minotaurs are man-eating monsters with the head of a bull. It is red in color and eats any man he sees.
 
It fears nothing and nothing at all. It will stop at nothing to eat everyone up except for Zenon. It doesn't even fear death. The minotaur easily picked up one vampire from the Carrion clan before he ripped apart the vampire's body and then started to eat on the flesh. The vampires gulped before they started to take on the Minotaurs. It was like at that moment, it didn't matter whether they were from different clans, it only mattered that they killed off these monsters first with the amount of man power they had. Meanwhile, Luhan got up immediately and stood in front of Hae Jung when a blurry image appeared in front of the portal. It was blur at first but then a demon, with horns, a tail with a tall and lean body appeared with a smirk on its face. However, there were no eyes on the face when suddenly two holes sunk in its face on where the eyes should be. Luhan's mouth gaped open before he clenched his fists. No way in hell he would let this demon get to him, or Hae Jung.
 
"We have to figure out where these monsters are coming from! If we go on fighting like this, we'll never make it alive out here!" Kris shouted before Suho came by Kris's side. "I think there's a gate somewhere here! There has to be that or either a portal! I've read this somewhere in the books that Zenon has the key!"
 
"We don't have time to find a key!"
 
Remembering the power Youngjae had, a few of them shouted Youngjae's name. "Can you shape the key to seal up the gate?" Suho asked through the ear piece and Youngjae gulped. "I-I'm not sure if I can."
 
"You have to give it all you've got! This is our only shot!"
 
"F-Fine! I'll give a shot at it!" Youngjae raised his voice before they struggling fighting the incoming horrifying monsters they've never seen before in their lives.
 
"Guys!" EXO and B.A.P's eyes widened when they could hear Hae Jung's voice. "Hae Jung?!" Some of them chorused as they focused on staying alive and not getting eaten by the incoming Minotaurs as well as the other monsters lingering in the room. "There's a gate down here from where I am now! There has to be a key, or something! I don't know where I am now, I hope you can sense m-" Hae Jung's voice was cut off with a grunt and the boys couldn't put together what had happened.
 
"Hae Jung!" A few of them called out but she wouldn't respond. It was like her ear piece got crushed. "Damn it! Himchan! Youngjae! Come with me!" Yongguk said before Yongguk stood in front of the Minotaur blocking their way. Himchan gulped before he tried to drain the energy of the Minotaur but Yongguk raised a hand. "Don't interfere." Yongguk whispered before the two boys, Himchan and Youngjae froze on their spot. Yongguk lifted his hand up and his eyes rolled back a little before the Minotaur roared loudly sending echoes to be heard around the whole room as well as grumbles on the ground and wall but Yongguk wasn't afraid. He knew he could do this, he knew he could.
 
The Minotaur took small, hard steps towards Yongguk and Kris was this close to swinging into action but with a snap of Yongguk's fingers, the Minotaur stopped a few steps away from Yongguk. Yongguk hypnotised the Minotaur in front of him as he controlled the Minotaur to bring him , Youngjae and Himchan where the gate was. "Are you sure this will work?" Himchan whispered when the Minotaur had stopped roaring and kept silent. The red monster turned around slowly to punch the wall to create a hole for it to walk out. Before they knew it, the Minotaur was leading the three to where it came from. "It's working." Yongguk smirked as the three followed the Minotaur.