Forty.

Revenge.

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 1 7 / 0 6 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Forty

"And how far did that get us?"
"Far enough."

 

So you're Shim Hae Jung?” Dis asked and she gulped as she nodded her head. He was taller than her by a head and he was holding onto a staff. He looked like, one of those characters from Harry Potter. Wait, he looks like a combination of two characters. Snape and Professor Dumbledore. He looked humble, nice but the aura he had around him was intimidating yet powerful. He was holding onto a black staff with a crystal on it and that was the only thing she was staring at. Dis noticed that and chuckled. "This crystal here is the thing Hine is after for." Her eyes widened and she darted back to his eyes. "S-Sorry?"

"This is the thing that's keeping me in control of everything down in the underworld. Unless she has this, she can't be in control." Hae Jung nodded her head and she wondered just how he knew what she was thinking, considering she was a vampire with a mind that no one could read what she was thinking. "Love, I'm a God. I can read anyone's thoughts." he chuckled again and she gulped before looking away. "I bet she gets all the guys after her. Am I right Brandon?" he looked at Brandon and Brandon scoffed before he patted her head. "I'm sure she does if she tosses away her sarcasm."

"I bet you'll get a soul mate if you let go of your ego, Brandon." Dis didn't know if he should stop the bickering between the two or laugh. "Now now, stop this." Dis ordered and they two nodded their heads before Dis looked at Hae Jung. He was very approachable as he extended his hand. She raised an eyebrow but he looked at his hand and looked back at her. "Come here, my dear." he said as she turned to look at Brandon. "Go, he's the one who will bring you back there." Brandon give her a slight push before she walked closer towards Dis. They were currently in Dis's 'lair' where there was a big chair painted with gold along with a big pathway towards his chair. The room was dark and it was impossible for any light to get in. But the lights weren't needed as there were candles on the sides of the rooms, enlightening the room.

"Are you sure you want to go back?" he asked as she glanced back at Brandon. She nodded her head and he smiled. "Give me your hand, love." he said and she placed her hand on top of his. "When you open your eyes, you will be back to the real world. Are you sure this is what you want? Once you go there, you cannot come back down here." she gulped before she gazed down to her hand on top of his hand. She then looked at the bracelet on her wrist along with the ring attached to it. "Wait," she breathed out as she pulled her hand back. She walked back towards Brandon and she gave him a hug. He was surprised but he responded to the hug. "What's with you?"

"Thanks," she breathed out and she broke the hug. "For everything." she smiled and he ruffled her hair. "Will I see you back in reality?" she asked and she was hoping for a yes. She would want him to be with them and she would want him to reunite with Brian. "If you see me, you see me." he smiled and she pulled away from him to give him a hard slap. He placed his hand on his cheek where she had slapped him. "What the hell was that for?!"

Dis was just smiling from all of this. It was like his personal entertainment. "I'm just getting even." she smirked at him and he pulled his hand away to realize what she meant. "Hey, I slapped you back there to save our asses."

"And how far did that get us?"

"Far enough." Brandon said as he leaned closer. "Go on now, they're waiting." he said as he turned her by her shoulders and pushed her towards Dis. She gave him his hand again and Dis asked her one last time. "Are you sure you want to go back?"

"I'm positive. I want to go back."

When Dis had sent her off, it was just Dis and Brandon alone. "What do you plan to do if you get back?" Dis asked and Brandon sighed. "I don't know if I should go back." Dis used the staff to hit Brandon on the head. Brandon hissed before he rubbed his head. "What was that for?!"

"You're the one encouraging her, telling her it will be alright if she went back. What about you? Hypocrite." Brandon let out a soft 'Tch' before he looked away and pulled his hand away from his head. "You don't understand." Dis used his free hand to tilt Brandon's face to meet his eyes as  Dis was sitting on the throne while Brandon was sitting on the arm of his chair. "Everything will be fine when you go back. Your brother will not hate you." Brandon pushed Dis's hand before he gulped. "How do you know that? You don't know my brother."

"I don't know your brother, but I know every vampire in general. And I know that no matter how bad things you've done to him or kept secrets from him, he'll be grateful of what he has..or be grateful to have the only thing he has left. Don't let him give up the hope that one day his brother may come back alive. Put yourself in Brian's shoes. Imagine you lost your big brother and you don't know whether he's alive or dead. How would you feel?" Brandon gulped before he sighed. "I guess I would feel like crap. Not knowing whether my last family member is dead or alive."

"Exactly my point. So don't be a sour puss and show your brother you really love him. Show him that he's not alone in the real world." Brandon smiled before he reached to hold Dis's hand. "Now I see why you're a God."

"It's been a few days now." a few of them sighed as they surrounded Hae Jung's bed. The eighteen chosen ones were sitting around her as they stared at her, hoping for her to wake up. Their trainers were discussing among themselves something that they couldn't listen to so they all decided to just come here and wait for her to wake up but it was pointless, even Luhan knew that because instead of sleeping at night, he would come here instead to wait for her as he held onto her hand, waiting for her to wake up. He didn't know what's gotten into him lately, but he just wanted to do this. It's like a need for him.

Their powers were developing very well and the trainers were thinking on bringing them for a camp out and train activity. Where they will be splitted up into groups and they would train at the forest only without any blood. This would be a great exercise for them but at the same time it would be torturing if they can't endure well. They just got back from their training and it was nearing 7.30p.m. but they didn't want to rest yet as they knew they would have trainings soon later that night. It was silent in the room as no one dared to speak. The room was filled with their own breathings.

"G-Guys." Kris breathed out and everyone turned to look at him. "What?" some of them chorused in unison when Kris weakly lifted up his hand to point at Hae Jung. All heads darted to Hae Jung and they could see her chest rising and falling weakly, as though she's slowly regaining concious. "I'll call them here!" Sehun and Daehyun said as the two ran out to call Onew, Brian and the rest of the trainers. Luhan's eyes widened as he was sitting on the chair right beside her. "Please, please open your eyes." Luhan thought as he wanted to hold her hand now but it would seem inappropriate. 

Just like that, twenty-four guys flooded the room as they watched over Hae Jung, hoping she would at least open her eyes, say something, just anything. Waiting for her to wake up was like waiting for a desert to snow. It wasn't even a week but they felt like it's been ages since they've heard her voice. Slowly her fingers started to move and as an instinct, Luhan grabbed onto her hand. The rest widened their eyes when she gave a tight grip onto Luhan's hand. "S-She's squeezing back!" Luhan announced and everyone saw hope in Hae Jung for her to wake up. Like a miracle, she opened her eyes only to close them back shortly after she opened them to adjust to getting back into her body. Everyone gasped when she opened her eyes.

When she opened her eyes again, she could see everyone clearly just staring at her as though their eyes were going to pop out anytime soon. "What's with all of you?" she asked and suddenly Luhan just got up from his seat to bend over and hug her while the rest cheered. The trainers smiled at the moment before they left the room to let their rookies converse with their trainer they've been waiting to wake up for so long. Brian smiled as he walked out of the room. "I knew you'd come back for us."

"I thought you'd never wake up." Luhan breathed out as he was still hugging her tight. She raised an eyebrow as she looked at the rest. "What's with him?" she mouthed the words to them but they could only shrug their shoulders and smile at her reaction. They loved how even though she was in the underworld for so long that when she came back she was still her old self. The one that the twelve chosen ones actually missed. The remaining six didn't know who she was but they were interested. "Thank you. Thank you for waking up." Luhan thanked as he continued to hug her as though he's never seen her for years. Hae Jung's weird expression on her face made the boys crack into a smile. She patted his back slowly as she felt awkward but being in his embrace didn't feel that bad either.

"D-Don't be like this. Calm down." she tried to calm him down as she patted his back. "Luhan." she called him out and he let out a soft "Hmm?"

"Can you get off me now?" she asked and his eyes widened before he realized what he was doing. He leaned away and broke the hug. "S-Sorry." He breathed out and she waved a hand at him. Her eyes widened when she couldn't see the bracelet with the ring on her wrist. They noticed the change on her expression and Yongguk asked, "Is something wrong?"

"Y-Ye-No." she stuttered as she sat up on the bed. "Wait who are you?" she pointed at Yongguk and before he could answer she diverted her attention away from him quickly. Shockingly she didn't feel weak or anything. She sat up on the bed and felt completely normal. She pulled the blanket off her legs to reveal that there were no burnt marks. She sighed in relief that the burnt marks she received in the underworld didn't follow her here. She touched the back of her knees and she shut her eyes tight just in case she would feel any pain but she didn't feel anything. She opened her eyes and pulled her hand back. "No no no." she panicked when she tried to find for her bracelet but she couldn't. The boys started to wonder what was going on but they didn't want to bother or make her feel more complicated than she already was. She hissed and shut her eyes tight before she put her hands into her pocket only to open her eyes when she felt the bracelet and the note. She pulled out the bracelet to wear it but she couldn't.

She was fumbling with the chain and it was just useless for her to put it on her own."I-I'll help you." Luhan offered as he took the bracelet from her hands to wear it on her. She felt complete with the bracelet on her wrist along with the ring on it. Luhan stared at the ring as she let out a deep breath before she smiled at her twelve rookies. She leaned back on the bed rest before she lifted up her chin. "Missed me?" she asked them and they laughed. "Definitely." They said unison. Before they could ask about what happened she turned to look at the other six guys in the room. She raised an eyebrow before she pointed at them, "You boys are..?"

"They're Onew's," Chanyeol started and Baekhyun went on, "Minho's"

"Taemin's," Suho added.

"Key's," Xiumin chimed in.

"And Jonghyun's rookies." the twelve finished in unison before she nodded her head to look at the six of them. She analyzed them closely as she tilted her head sideways a little. "Oldest." she said as she pointed at Yongguk. Yongguk showed his gummy smile before he nodded his head. Her finger dragged until she pointed at Zelo. "Youngest." she said softly and he nodded his head. "Save the introductions for later. I'm losing my sanity soon." she said as she put her hand down. The six nodded their heads before they smiled at her. "You know, you guys can leave or anything. You all don't need to be here." she said but eighteen of them didn't want to leave. They've had enough of the male trainers and they wanted to get to know her more as well as know what happened in the underworld.

"What happened when you were there? Did they hurt you? Anything?" Luhan asked and the rest turned to look at him. Some gave him a weird expression while some just smirked at him. "Uh..I mean ju-"

"It was alright I guess. Despite getting burnt with quicksilver rods, being tied up with some ridiculous blue tape and vines and getting shot in the arm with an arrow." she groaned and the six other chosen ones in the room cracked into a smile. She talked about painful things like these as though it's just a pinch on her arm. "Did it hurt?" Youngjae asked as he rubbed his arm just with the thought of getting shot in the arm with an arrow. "It hurts like hell. I swear I'd rather chop my hand off at that time." she breathed out, earning laughter from the guys.

After an hour or so, Hae Jung grew closer to the six new chosen ones she's never met before. The six weren't going to lie, they were attracted to her and she left a good impression on them as a good trainer. After listening to how she pulled through in the traps and everything in the underworld, they knew she was something else. Everyone had gone to train except for Brian, who was left with Hae Jung. They forced her to stay and rest until she felt better again. Brian hugged her and he missed her touch, her voice. "I missed you." he breathed out and she smiled. "Not you too." she said as she broke the hug. "Lately everyone says they miss me." she smirked and Brian lied down beside her on the bed. "But it's true you know. We did miss you." Brian sighed as he tilted her head to rest on his shoulder.

"L-Listen, Brian. I have something to tell you."