Don't Let Go, Please.

Revenge.

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 0 5 / 0 6 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Thirty  Don't Let Go, Please.

"NO!" Luhan shouted as he got up to jump back into the window but the rest held him back, not letting him risk his life.


 
Hae Jung put her hands together as she created a big glow of light that easily scared the shadow people. She dashed towards Luhan and tried to reach for him but the shadow people pulled him aside as she killed a few of the shadow people with her light emitting around her. She kept her chant going on and on to ensure the light would keep shining on. The louder she chanted, the brighter the light will be but it would drain her energy out slowly. She couldn't take it anymore and she wanted Luhan out of their grip immediately. She chanted as loud as she could and disappear to reappear in front of Luhan. She stopped chanting the moment the shadow people let go of him and she could see him perfectly without the hands wrapping around his body. "Hae Jung." Luhan breathed out as she held onto his hand to run towards the window and pushed him out first, making him crash through the window with her following behind him.
 
Just as he landed on the ground he pushed himself up to turn around to help the girl who had just risked her life to save him. "Hae Jung!" he shouted when he saw that the shadow people got a grip on her leg. Luhan held onto her hand tight and tried to use his mind to push away the shadow people but it was pointless. "No no no!" he shouted as she tried to let go of his hand. "Luhan, let me go." she gulped but he wouldn't let her go. "No! These people can't take you away!" Luhan roared as she tried to chant and emit light around her but it was pointless the moment her chants weren't working. It was definitely stalling the shadow people but it wasn't enough to make them let go of her. If she were to cast her chant or sing her lullaby to kill them instantly, chances are Luhan would be under the same spell and she would kill Luhan along with the process.
 
She knew she had no chance of breaking free from the shadow people and she had no intentions of bringing Luhan down with him. If she were to die and let Luhan live, that should be the way. She had already lived longer than Luhan did and it would be unfair for Luhan to die at a young age. "Let me go or this will be last resort." Hae Jung warned but he wouldn't let go. "Please! Hold on!" he shouted as a tear rolled down Luhan's cheek. Hae Jung shut her eyes tight and soon Brian and the rest came to aid Luhan. "Baekhyun! Shine your light now!" Brian shouted as Baekhyun stammered as he came forward to put his hands together to form a light ball. Brian tried his best to use his mind to push the shadow people away like Luhan but it was pointless. If Brian were to break apart the house, the shadow people would definitely go after the rest of the boys. Brian kept trying over and over again to push them away with his mind but it still wouldn't work. The hands around Hae Jung's ankle was slowly rising up higher and higher to the point where they were already at her calves.
 
"I'm sorry Luhan." Hae Jung whispered before she said a soft chant to burn Luhan's hands but he still wouldn't let go. "Even if you burn me, I won't let go!" Luhan begged as he felt his legs getting wobbly but he knew he had to hold on. "Baekhyun! Hurry!" Brian shouted as Baekhyun was trying his absolute best. The rest couldn't do much as they didn't possess the powers to produce light. Chanyeol tried shooting fireballs at the shadow people but it would only get in and dissolve. Even the power of wind couldn't push them away as Sehun tried multiple times to the shadow people in his tornado but it was pointless. A few of them came behind Luhan to held grip onto her wrists as Baekhyun had finally produced a light ball big enough to blow all the shadow people away.
 
Hae Jung could already feel the shadow people entering her body from the bottom and she knew that if she allowed Luhan and the rest to get ahold of her, there are possibilities that it's like an open door for the shadow people to enter their body as well. "I'm sorry." was all Hae Jung whispered before she let out a chant and force had pulled Luhan along with a few of them who were trying to hold onto Hae Jung's wrists away from her. In a few seconds, Hae Jung's body was wrapped as though a black cloth has been wrapped tight around her body before she was pulled back into the window. "NO!" Luhan shouted as he got up to jump back into the window but the rest held him back, not letting him risk his life. "Let go of me!" Luhan shouted as he tried to pry away from them but they wouldn't let go.
 
"No Luhan! Don't!" Kris shouted but Luhan couldn't care about anything at that moment. He used his mind to create a forcefield around him and the rest were pushed back by force. Luhan tried to jump back in through the window when a light ball flew across his face into the window after Brian shouted "Toss the light ball!"
 
The light ball exploded and Luhan fell backwards onto the ground and shut his eyes tight. Everyone shut their eyes at the sudden brightness that kept on increasing and increasing. Brian didn't hesitate to make the corner of the house burst, making pieces of the walls fly apart because of the amount of force Brian had used to break the corner of the house. After the light had died down, Luhan and Brian were the first two people to run towards Hae Jung as the shadow people had disappeared as the rest tried to open their eyes. "Hae Jung!" Brian shouted as he shook her body rapidly. "Wake up!" Brian shook her body even faster but there was nothing. Luhan placed a finger at her neck and there was no pulse. "No." Luhan breathed out as he got up and backed away from Hae Jung's body.
 
"No no no no!" Luhan constantly repeated that word as though it's the only word he knows. Her soul was gone and they knew that. As much as they didn't want to admit or face that fact, they had to. They were taking too long and there were too many shadow people entering her body at once, speeding up the process of taking her soul away to the underworld. Even though Hae Jung was a strong vampire, she's never had experience or listened to any stories of vampires coming out alive from the underworld.
 
"This is all my fault." Luhan placed a hand on his forehead before he fell to the ground on his knees, a few steps away from Hae Jung' body. Sehun and Lay crouched down beside him to hug him tight but he wouldn't let them as the moment they wrapped their arms around him, he created a forcefield that made them back away. "This is all my fault. It's all my fault." Luhan breathed out as he looked up into the sky. "Take me instead." he whispered so soft that it wasn't audible for the rest to hear the pain in his voice. The other's felt pity for him but they couldn't do anything but watch. If they were to go to him and try to comfort him, he would hurt them. "Luhan, it wasn't your fault." Suho said softly but Luhan wouldn't listen.
 
"There was a vampire who shape shifted as me to trick you. It wasn't your fault." Kai explained and he hoped that would make Luhan feel better but it didn't. "If only I had been more observant to realize it wasn't you, she wouldn't be gone." Luhan said coldly and it was the first time the rest had seen him glare. His eyes were scarlet in color. Brian clasped his hands together as he rested his head on Hae Jung's chest. "W-What is he doing?" Xiumin asked but no one could answer him. They didn't even know what was going on. Slowly the rest of them came towards Hae Jung to kneel down around her. "Luhan, at least come here and join us." Chanyeol said as he helped Luhan up. Luhan kneeled down beside Brian who was still resting his head on Hae Jung's chest. The rest of them lowered their head for respect.
 
They could feel their hearts ache when they heard Brian whimper as he tried to sob quietly. Lay, who was on Brian's left patted his back as the rest tried to look away but they couldn't. "You can't leave." Brian croaked as he sobbed. He lifted his chin up and the boys could see the tears streaming down his face. He unclasped his hands to place them on her shoulders. "You promised me. You promised me so many things and you managed to keep only have of them. Who will be there to make your promises you made with me come true?" he whispered as the rest couldn't help but cry along with Brian with their heads lowered down.
 
They lifted their chins the moment light was emitted from Hae Jung's body. Brian leaned away and wiped the tears from his eyes when a figure appearing behind them. Brian turned around only to widen his eyes when he saw a figure of his mother a few steps away from him and the rest of them. "W-Who is that?" Sehun asked softly as Chen placed a hand over Sehun's mouth even though he wanted to know who that person was. "M-Mom.." Brian croaked out softly to himself as he pushed himself off the ground to walk towards the figure of his mother. "She still has a chance, Brian." she whispered as Brian's eyes widened. "W-What? How? T-Tell me. Please." Brian begged as he gulped. His mother shook her head before she gave him an assuring smile. "Kyle and the rest are trying their best to break her free from the underworld now. They knew something was wrong the moment they reached Grandion."
 
"T-They went to Grandion?" Brian asked softly as his mother nodded her head. "Yunho and the rest know about this already. They are seeking help from the leaders. You remember Dong Hae right?" she asked as Brian nodded his head. Dong Hae was actually the son of Dis, God of the Underworld and Riches. His father had fallen in love with one of the vampire leaders and got married to her, which was Dong Hae's mother. When they had the baby, his father decided to let Dong Hae be a semi-God but still possess the skills of a vampire.
 
Even though Dong Hae had connections like this, he has never abuse his powers as to open the underworld gates. He would probably get slaughtered by his father if he did this anyway. If Dong Hae were to travel to the underworld, he would need to sleep and let his soul wander off on his own, which is not something everyone can do. Only a few people like himself, his mother along with a few leaders in the Dynarion Clan possess this skill. And as much as they hated it, a few people in the Carrion Clan carried this skill too.
 
"W-Why are you here then?" Brian croaked out softly as his mother chuckled softly. The rest were still on the ground as they stared at Brian conversing with the elderly. Even though they could tell she was old, her looks didn't match with her age. "I'm here because I volunteered to be the one to inform you about this. There's a chance that her soul will come back to her body. It may take days, or weeks even to break her free but we won't know for sure if she'll come back. Indeed Dis is the father of Dong Hae and he'll try everything to help us but if Hine casts a curse on her soul.. I believe you know the consequences." Brian gulped as he felt a tight grip around his heart. As much as he didn't want to know anything else, he had to listen more.
 
Hine is the God of Night, Death and the Ruler of the Underworld. Dis was definitely a higher rank than her in the underworld but because of that, she decided to form her own force to be against Dis to obtain full power and control which is the forces of the shadow people. She is a daughter of Tāne. She fled to the underworld because she discovered that Tāne, whom she had married, was also her father. The red in the sunset comes from her. If she were to put a curse on Hae Jung's soul, it may take a long time to break the curse even with the help of Dis. Or even worse, the curse can't be broken.
 
"What I'm trying to tell you now is, you have to mentally prepare yourself to live without her. I know she was the only person who was there for you when me and your father died, but you have to strive to continue your journey. For now you should head to Grandion and bring Hae Jung's body along. Make sure they train enough because you should know very well that the lives of the people are in your hands. Besides, how would Brandon feel if you didn't try to look for him?" Brian's eyes widened as he backed away until he fell backwards on the ground. "W-What?" Brian let out inaudibly as the figure of his mother begin to fade. "N-No! Don't go yet! What are you trying to tell me?!" 
 
"You should know what to do now. It's my time to leave. Good luck, my son." soon, the figure had disappeared.