I'm Sorry.

Revenge.

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 0 6 / 0 6 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Thirty-One  I'm Sorry.

"Stop feeling guilty." Brian said as he kept a straight face to focus on the road.

 
“Everyone, get up and into the van. One of you, carry Hae Jung's body. Brian said as he walked towards the van without sparing another glance at Hae Jung's body. He couldn't bear to see her face again or else he would break down in tears again and he didn't want to let the boys see him becoming all weak. Celestial had already started her way back to Grandion but Sty didn't. They didn't know who should carry her body but Luhan stood up and asked softly, "C-Can I carry her?" The rest nodded their heads and they could see it in his face that he feels guilty. Luhan carefully lifted her body in his arms and treated her body as though it was glass.
 
He took slow steps towards the van. Her face was pale and her eyes were closed. She didn't look dead, instead she looks like she's in a very deep and peaceful sleep. Luhan was staring at her features the whole time as he walked. Some of them wondered what about Ravi, who was still solid as a stone but when Xiumin went around the house to check, his body was gone. When the boys got into the van, Luhan lied her down on one of the bench with her head on his lap. The rest could actually feel like Luhan was the one going through all the pain when it's supposed to be Brian. Sty came to rest on Hae Jung's stomach as the eagle let out soft scorching sounds.
 
It sounded like he was crying but the boys couldn't tell what was going on. "B-Brian," Suho called out as Brian didn't answer or say anything other than driving. "Don't. He's having a harder time than all of us." Kris said as he placed a hand on Suho's chest. As much as the boys wanted answers, they knew they would get them when they reach Grandion. Brian had so many things running through his mind, he has no idea which one bothered him the most.
 
The fact that Hae Jung's soul is in the underworld and she may or may not get out alive.
Or the fact that his brother was still alive based on what his mother had said.
Or the fact that everything was happening so quickly and rash that it feels like it's all a dream.
 
As Brian kept on driving for somewhat that feels like a few hours, he could tell all of them had fallen asleep except for one, and he knew damn well who that person was. That person has been awake throughout the whole drive. Luhan placed his hand on her left cheek as he pulled his hand back quickly right after he did that. Sty was still resting on Hae Jung's stomach and the eagle doesn't plan on leaving his owner's side anytime soon. He felt like he had no right to touch her but at the same time, that was the only thing he wanted to do. If he could trade places with her and be in the underworld for her, he would. He didn't know what he was feeling for her. Not sure if it was mutual love for a trainer or something more but there was one emotion that he felt clearly, guilt.
 
"Stop feeling guilty." Brian said as he kept a straight face to focus on the road. Well, he'd be a liar if he said he was focusing on the road because his mind wasn't even on the road but he knew just where he was going. Luhan pressed his lips together before he lifted Hae Jung's head up from his lap to place it gently on the bench before he took small, slow steps towards Brian who was at the front seat. "Don't." Brian hissed when he could feel Luhan's hand lingering above his shoulder. Luhan gulped before he pulled his hand back. "I'm sorry." Luhan apologized and Brian gave a nod. "I'm really sorry." Luhan repeated softer this time but Brian tried his absolute best to become deaf at that moment. The last thing he wanted was Luhan's apology. He just wanted Hae Jung back.
 
"If you're really sorry, then why don't you-" Brian paused before he was going to let his anger all out on Luhan. "Forget it." Brian breathed out before he gripped tighter onto the steering wheel. In all honesty, the emotion Brian was feeling wasn't entirely anger. It was like a big mixture of anger, confusion, lost, depression and hate just bottling up in his heart. He knew it wasn't Luhan's fault but he couldn't help but picture it that way. At least for now. Brian tried to exhale the emotions he was feeling but it was pointless. If he were to keep breathing in and out calmly just to get rid of his emotions, it would be an absolute waste of time.
 
"Just say it." Luhan said monotonously as even he knew what Brian was going to say. Luhan knows that Brian was going to blame him but all of a sudden, Brian stopped the van when they stopped in front of a very tall and rusty gate. "Wake everyone up, and carry Hae Jung's body. We're here." Brian said as he got out of the van. Luhan let out a heavy sigh before he turned around to do as he was told. "Guys, wake up. We're here." Luhan said as he went one by one to wake them up but it was taking too long to wake one of them up. He even got hit in the face a few times by the rest because he tried to wake them out. Instead he used his mind to push everyone off their seats. They grunted as they could already tell why they were being disturbed from their sleep. "Get out of the van and meet us outside. We're here." Luhan growled as he went to Hae Jung's body and carried her in his arms before taking a step out of the van.
 
"That little-" Kai was this close to teleporting behind Luhan and kicking him in the back but Suho placed a hand on Kai's back. "Don't," Suho breathed out as he could feel the emotions Luhan was feeling. "He just feels.." Suho paused as he couldn't exactly explain what Luhan was feeling. "Guilty." Baekhyun finished Suho's sentence before he helped Kai up. "Let's go, I think they're waiting for us outside." Baekhyun said as he went to the others and helped them up. "So.. this is Grandion?" Tao asked as some of them were still feeling a bit woozy from their sleep. "Once we cross this gate, yes." Brian said as he placed his hand on the gate before he said a soft chant that none of them knew but it was somewhat familiar to Luhan's ears.
 
Luhan furrowed his eyebrows and he was wondering where he had heard this before but when he glanced down to Hae Jung's face, everything that he was wondering was flushed away. The gate was times three of Brian's height. It's like a barricade wall but it's actually a gate, you could roughly imagine how tall it is. The gate slowly opened by itself, revealing a forest-like atmosphere with trees everywhere. It was close to dawn and Brian signalled everyone to get in. When everyone stepped through the gate, they turned around and the van disappeared. "W-Where did the van go?" Chen asked but no one answered him. The gate closed and they faced front again where they could see the van in the middle of the forest.
 
"Walk, I'm not going to carry you boys there." Brian snapped at them as they broke away from their gaze at their surroundings. It was like a high class forest where everything was on point. They could hear the sounds of river flowing as well as the sounds of waterfalls. It was like heaven, for now. The skies were a mixture of violet and blue that were slowly changing colors. They walked into the forest until they reached a huge tree that was over a hundred years old. The tree branches were spreading and growing so much, it looked like a canopy. The tree was so tall that it looked like a miniature tower. Brian placed a hand on the tree before his hand sunk into the tree trunk. The boys' eyes widened but no one said a word. Then the tree trunk formed a door and Brian opened it. When the door was opened, it revealed a stairway.
 
"Start walking." Brian said as he pointed at the stairs with his head. The boys gulped but Kris was the first one to go down. Half way when all twelve boys were walking down, Brian said a soft chant and the steps of the stairs were gone and it turned into a slide just like that. The boys tried to grab ahold of the walls to make sure they wouldn't slip and slide but it was useless as the walls started to become slippery. Even Luhan fell to his feet and slided all the way down in Hae Jung's body in his arms but he made sure he cocooned her so her body won't get hurt, even though he would get hurt instead and she wouldn't feel a thing.
 
When they reached the floor, after roughly 5 minutes of sliding all the way down in a spiral motion, they felt dizzy but they got up instantly when they realized they were literally hundreds of feet underground but it was nothing like an underground headquarters or anything like that. It was like a luxurious mansion built underground and they knew there was more from where this all came from. "Well," they hear a voice speaking up from the corner of the living room. "Welcome." A tall guy with brown hair and brown eyes spoke up as he came closer towards the boys who could only stand there. "Looks like we have company." another guy spoke up as he came behind the taller guy. He too had brown hair but his shade of brown was lighter.
 
"Since these two aren't explaining everything, I'll do all the talking." one of them appeared out of nowhere and he was a blonde. "I'm Kim Kibum, but you can call me Key for short. That tall one is Minho and the skinnier one is Taemin. Welcome to our home and our home is your home. Since we're in the same clan." Key started explaining as he snapped his fingers and another boy appeared out of nowhere. He was muscular. Not that Minho, Taemin or Key wasn't muscular but he was a bit more buff than the three. "Luhan, right?" Key asked as Luhan nodded his head slowly. "You can hand this guy here, Jonghyun, Hae Jung's body. He'll take care of her." Key said but Luhan didn't look like he was going to hand him her body anytime soon.
 
"We can either do this the easy way, or the hard way. Let's not waste time shall we?" Key said sternly and Luhan sighed softly before he handed Jonghyun Hae Jung's body. When Jonghyun got her body, he smirked at Luhan before he gave a wink. From there Jonghyun disappeared. Luhan's eyes darkened and Minho caught that. "Don't worry, you'll get to see her anytime you'd like but for now just calm down." Minho said as he gave a smile to Minho. "Alri-" Key's voice trailled off when a door slammed shut from the corner of the living room. All eyes were on Brian  as he raised an eyebrow at Key and Taemin went over to Brian. "H-Hey, how are you feeling?" Taemin asked as Brian gave Taemin a pat on the shoulder. Brian brushed past Taemin and Minho stopped him by tapping him on the shoulder.
 
Brian turned around to look at Minho who showed him a pitiful smile. "I-I'm sorry for what happened." Minho said softly but Brian pushed his hand away slowly. "It's not your fault." Brian breathed out as he looked at Luhan. Luhan looked away and the rest could roughly put the pieces together that Brian was indirectly blaming Luhan and they were waiting for more but Brian said, "It's not anyone's fault."