This Is Love.

Revenge.

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 2 8 / 0 6 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Forty-Six  This Is Love.

"Can't I be the one who you'll smile for too?" he asked softly, in hopes she would just open her eyes and kiss him but much to his dismay, she pushed his hands away before taking a step back away from him.
 
 
Who are you? Brian whispered softly this time as if his anger had dissolved before Brandon pushed Brian's hands away. "Who else do you think I am? Can you really not remember me anymore? After all I've done for you?" Brandon asked and Brian gulped. "B-Brandon?" Brian croaked out softly and Brandon managed to smile a little, glad to know that his brother didn't completely forget about him. "Hello to you too." Brandon said softly and Brian backed off until he was out of the room with Brandon still walking closer towards him. Brian has so many questions he wanted to ask, so many things he wanted to say to his brother but this was all too sudden that he didn't even know what to say.
 
For the first time, Brian was blank in his mind and he was at lost for words. He walked backwards until he stumbled upon the body behind him on the floor. He stopped and turned around only to crouch down to lift Hae Jung up. "H-Hae Jung!" he shook her body but she remained motionless. "She's just unconcious. You weren't exactly delicate when you pushed her off like that." Brandon snapped at his younger brother. Brian flinched at the sudden comeback being thrown at him as he could sense the disappointment in his older brother's voice. All this while, the reason why Brian has been training so hard, the reason why he's been surviving like it was his last day was to redeem himself and get his revenge back on Zenon for killing his whole family.
 
He really thought he was alone in the world, which would lead to why he couldn't believe Brandon was right in front of him at this moment. He didn't want his brother to think that he was useless. Brian wanted to show Brandon he has made it somewhere and gained some acheivements as a vampire along the way. "Brian, I know this is all too sudden for you but.. I have something I need to tell you." Brandon said and Brian sighed before he lied Hae Jung down on the ground before standing up to look at his brother. "W-What?"
 
"You have to promise me you won't burst out on this. Can I trust you on that?" Brandon asked before his younger brother nodded his head. Ready to agree to whatever his older brother wanted. After 10 solid minutes of explanation of why Brandon has disappeared, his younger brother was in tears. He let silent tears from his eyes as Brandon pulled him in for a hug. "Keep it down. You're a trainer now. You should not be crying like this." Brandon hushed his younger brother who couldn't help but hug his brother tightly again. "I-I'm sorry." Brian croaked out softly before Brandon smiled. Hae Jung was right. Instead of Brian getting all angry for not visiting him for decades, he was rather more happy that his brother was finally back to his side. Especially after how Brian heard how much Brandon suffered just so Brian didn't need to suffer.
 
"That's not all." Brandon said softly before Brian pulled away from the hug to look at his brother. "What do you mean?" Brian asked softly and Brandon glanced at Hae Jung before glancing back at Brian. "What is it? What is it about?" Brian asked and Brandon sighed before he got up to lift Hae Jung from the ground and place her on the bed. Even up to now she was still unconcious and Brian felt guilty but Brandon told him that she would wake up soon. "You see this bracelet?" Brandon asked as he lifted up Hae Jung's wrist. Brian nodded his head and Brian furrowed his eyes. "Did you give that to her?"
 
"No." Brandon shook his head before putting her wrist back down on the bed. Surprisingly, Jonghyun and the rest didn't come back to check on them. Instead they went on ahead with their journey first as they knew Brian and Hae Jung would join them later on. "Someone else gave it to her when she was in the Underworld. As well as the ring that I slipped onto her finger."
 
"So you're not getting blood bonded to her?"
 
"As tempting as that sounds, no." Brandon joked before Brian sat down beside Brandon on the bed. "Then who gave her that ring?"

"Kyle." Brandon breathed out and Brian's eyes widened. "A-And the bracelet?"
 
"Her brother."
 
"T-That's not possible. Hae Jung doesn't have a brother." Brian furrowed his eyebrows and Brandon sighed before looking at Brian. "Can I trust you with a secret?"
 
"Anything." Brian said as Brandon let out a heavy breath before he began talking again.
 
When Hae Jung opened her eyes, she found herself in a tent on the ground. She furrowed her eyebrows and rubbed the back of her head. It didn't hurt anymore but she could feel it stinging at the back of her head just a little. She felt dizzy but she got out of the tent only to see no one around her but tents all around her. "What the crap?" she cursed before she hissed when she felt presence around her. "It's just me." she heard a voice speaking up and she turned around to look at Luhan from a distance just staring at her as he was leaning against a tree. "Where are the rest?" she asked and he didn't answer her. Instead he walked towards her and stood in front of her without saying a word.
 
"What?" she snapped at him and he gulped. "I'm sorry." he muttered softly and he looked up to meet her eyes. "I'm sorry for.. what I did."
 
"And what was it?" she asked and he kept silent. "You don't even know why you're apologizing? Then why bother apologizing in the first pla-" her voice trailled off when he cupped her cheeks with his delicate hands. She could see the contrast between the Luhan standing in front of her now and the Luhan when he's battling against other vampires. When he's battling, she noticed how furious and how rough he would get but around her he was like a harmless deer. He his lips before his lips parted to say something, which Hae Jung allowed.
 
"I'm sorry that.. I kissed you like that and I shouldn't have. You didn't want it and I kept forcing out of you and I apologize." before she could say anything, he continued. "But don't lie to me. I know I felt you felt something too. I'm not the only one in this. You're in this too." she looked away but since his hands were at both sides of her cheeks, he turned her head to face him again. He leaned closer and pressed his forehead against hers. The rest of the boys went to train and Brian was busy introducing the rest his long lost brother so they would probably be alone most of the time unless Luhan decides to tell Hae Jung where they were. "W-Where are the rest?" she asked and he shook his head on her forehead. "Don't avoid this question."
 
"What question?"
 
"Please, Hae Jung." his voice had a pinch of pleading Hae Jung could sense it that she actually felt guilty. "Why won't you give me a chance?" Luhan asked softly and she blurted out with a soft, "Look." she gulped because she didn't know how or what to say at this moment. It's been a long time since she would feel this way apart from how Kyle treated her. Ever since Kyle died, she swore to herself she would never be with another guy again, especially not another chosen one. For those who didn't know yet, Kyle was one of the chosen ones too. Not because she couldn't move on from Kyle, she could. It's just that, she didn't want to be selfish dragging them down with her, you know? She was that kind of person who would care so much about the people around her, she would forget about her own happiness and would believe happiness didn't exist for her.
 
"I.." she couldn't go on as she couldn't find the right words to say. Even a simple sentence couldn't form in her head but so many lines were lining up in Luhan's mind staying in that position. His hands just cupping her cheeks with his forehead leaning against hers made him feel safe. It's supposed to feel the other way around but he felt secure with her around. "Do you know how insane you're making me feel?" he asked softly as he leaned away from her forehead but their faces were still so close. He pulled his hands away to tuck strands of her hair behind her ear from her face, so he could see her face perfectly. It was nearing 2.00p.m. and the rest were still busy training somewhere in the woods while Luhan was the one who came by to check if Hae Jung was awake.
 
He reached for one of her hands to place it on his chest, directly above his heart where she could feel his heartbeat. It was so calm yet at the same time it would increase it's beating pace for a split second. "See how my heart beats like this when I'm around you? You don't even know how much I've fallen in love with you." she shut her eyes tight before he smiled when he probably saw hope she may feel the same way. On that day when he kissed her, she didn't say she didn't have feelings for him. She only told him that he was confused and now he's damn sure he's not confused. This was love and he knew it was. "Can't I be the one who can make you smile again?"
 
"Can't I be the one who you'll smile for too?" he asked softly, in hopes she would just open her eyes and kiss him but much to his dismay, she pushed his hands away before taking a step back away from him. She opened her eyes but she was staring at the ground. "I-I'm sorry but I can't." was all she said as she turned around to disappear but before she could, Luhan was quick enough to appear in front of her and cup her cheeks. "Just give me a chance." he pleaded as he was breathing heavily. Not once he would fight this hard for a girl and he was glad he was fighting for a girl like Hae Jung because he knows that she'll be worth it. "I'll do whatever you want to prove to you that I love you. I'll do anything." he blurted out in one breath as he just wanted her to admit she likes him too.
 
Sure she could deny it as much as she wants but Luhan could feel her heart as if it's his own heart. He could feel she likes him too but he just didn't know why she wouldn't embrace it. Why would she run away from her own feelings? When she didn't say anything for a minute or two, he leaned in closer until their lips were millimeters from one another. Luhan was breathing through his mouth and his breath hit against her lips, causing her to gulp her lips as she swallowed hard. "I can make you happy." Luhan whispered on her lips before he was this close to sealing their lips with one another with a soft and delicate kiss but she found the strength to push him away as her breathings began to pick up the pace. "I'm sorry." she whispered as she disappeared.
 
From there Luhan fell to his knees as he let a tear run down his cheek. He wiped the tear with the back of his hand before he chuckled bitterly. He used his mind to rip apart a few trees before crushing them into pieces out of anger. "Where were you?" Brian asked as she just gulped before brushing the thought away of what had just happened. Jonghyun gave her a look and she raised an eyebrow at him. "You owe me an explanation." Jonghyun mouthed the words at her and she sighed before looking away. "We were just talking about you." Brandon said as he got up. Everyone was just sitting by the lake and talking after practicing. It was like their break time and they seemed to be talking about Hae Jung.
 
"R-Really? About what?" she asked softly and Brian got up. "About how you're a princess." Brian spoke up and her eyes widened before her eyes darted at Brandon. gaped open before she scoffed at Brandon. "You promised me you wouldn't say a word until I would tell them myself." Hae Jung snapped at Brandon who pretended to be deaf at that moment. "Oh yeah? When do you plan on telling us?" Brian asked before she turned to look at Brian again. Brian took a few steps closer before he reached her. "When do you plan on telling me?" he whispered when he stood in front of her.
 
She could've sworn he would just go on rambling about how she hid such a secret away from him. How she didn't trust him enough to tell him the truth from the beginning instead of lying and saying she didn't have any siblings. How he was left in the dark all this while but he wasn't the only one. The rest of the chosen ones kept silent as they knew about this but they knew this wasn't something they should interfere.
 
"When do you plan on telling me how much you've been suffering along all this while?" Brian whispered before he placed his hands on her shoulders. She jerked up a little as this was the complete opposite reaction she was expecting. Brandon must've explained it in a sense where everyone could easily feel her pain. Brandon had that kind of quality in him. "Silly girl," Brian breathed out when he pulled her in for a hug.
 
"You've been suffering alone for too long."