A Royal Secret.

Revenge.

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 1 5 / 0 6 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Thirty-Eight  A Royal Secret.

"I just told you my life story and you won't tell me anything? he asked and she gulped but she didn't say anything.


 
I don't know what you're talking about.” she scoffed as she continued walking after she pulled her arm back from him. "You know, I'll tell you about me being a leader if you tell me about your story." he offered as he caught up beside her as they walked past the forest and all the trees. The trees were swaying from left to right as though it has a soul. "Wow, the trees are moving." she said out loud and Brandon sighed. "Hae Jung," he called her out but she kept on mentioning about the things around them, ignoring him. "Look, I don't know you that well like Brian does but I do know that I can help you." she stopped walking and she turned to look at him.
 
"How can you help me? You don't even know what I'm going through." she scoffed and she tried hard not to cry just thinking about her parents. She kept telling everyone that her parents died and she would stop at there. They didn't know there was a story behind all this. They thought that her parents got killed because they went to create a treaty among the two clans, the Dynarion Clan and the Carrion Clan but that wasn't all. There was more to this and Brandon knew something about this. He wanted Hae Jung to know something about this too but he knew he had to loosen up to her first. He's a guy afterall, not to mention he's older.
 
"I never wanted to be a leader in the first place." He admitted as he sat down by the river. She furrowed her eyebrows and she stopped walking when she saw him sitting by the river. "Come here and sit down. We've been walking for hours now. It's just another two hour walk from here." Brandon said as he patted the same beside him. Brandon was sitting by the river bank as he patted the same spot he patted earlier. "Ah, what could hurt?" she muttered softly as she sat down beside him. "I only became a leader because they said it was the only way." she turned to look at him and he smiled just looking at the river. "They told me, if I was a leader I could protect Brian. And that's what I did."
 
"After that incident where those vampires in the Carrion Clan came to kill my parents, supposingly they were going to kill me but they didn't. After I sent Brian off, I was alone with a few vampires that were about to take my life away and that's when I was wrong. I actually had the strength to kill all those vampires and I survived." Hae Jung furrowed her eyebrows. If he was alive, why didn't he find Brian? After all these years? Brian had no clue whether his only family member was dead or alive. He had no closure, he had no clue and he was so lost and lonely all these years until he found Hae Jung. "Then why..?"
 
"I found out that my father and mother was among the few leaders in the Dynarion Clan. Right after I killed the vampires I tried searching for Brian but I stopped when I knew he's in safe hands. I thought that even if he's in safe hands, I can find him right?" he asked Hae Jung and she nodded her head but he shook his head, letting out a sigh. "Wrong."
 
"W-Wrong?" she raised an eyebrow and he smiled bitterly. "Before I could even find him, or reunite with him, the leaders of the Dynarion Clan somehow found me. They told me that it was either me or my brother that should take over my parents post as a leader. But either me or him would need to undergo training and live in the castle for at least five to eight decades."
 
"So you.."
 
"I took over the post as the leader so my brother could live peacefully and progress by himself without going through hell in trainings at the castle. The leaders over there don't kid around when they talk about 'training'. I couldn't let him suffer at such a young age. I just couldn't." Brandon scoffed at his first memory on his first day of training with the leaders. He was the only new leader out of the many experienced ones there as they recruited new, capable vampires to be leaders. That was where he met the Praecipuus brothers. The ten brothers who could combine their energy to create a big blow. The only ones left were Siwon, Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, Eunhyuk and Dong Hae. The other five had died during the war and.. things were never the same for the remaining brothers again. He remembered when he made a mistake, they would make him feel the pain of experiencing real pain. 
 
He had experienced all the pain there is during the trainings. You name it, burning rods, burning quicksilver rods, silver knives, poison bombs, poison injections, he experienced it all. Even the arrow back there where Hae Jung got injured? He experienced that similar pain back in the castle. That's how he knew he had to remove it from her arm before it would harm her any further. "Has it ever accour to you that you should visit Brian?" she asked and Brandon sighed. "I did. I visited him when he got badly injured from a fight and I cured him. I made it look like it was a 'miracle' and he didn't notice a thing." he chuckled softly before he turned to look at her. "He's doing alright, I know he is."
 
"But Brandon," she breathed out and he looked away. "Don't." he shook his head and she raised an eyebrow. "Don't what?"
 
"Don't tell me what I should do. I know I should face him and tell him that I'm alright but I'm still.."
 
"Not ready?"
 
"Afraid." Brandon gazed to the ground and she furrowed her eyebrows. "What are you afraid of?" she asked and he sighed. "I'm afraid of how he will take all of this. Long story short, I just don't want to risk my brother hating on me just because I couldn't tell him even after all the trainings for five to eight decades, alright?" she nodded her head and she knew this wasn't her business to mess into. "I guess you could tell him when the time is right.." she muttered softly and he scooted closer towards her and slung an arm over her shoulder. "Now you." Brandon smirked and she pushed his arm away. "No thanks."
 
"This is a little unfair, don't you think?" she raised an eyebrow before she turned to look at him. "How is this unfair?"
 
"I just told you my life story and you won't tell me anything?" he asked and she gulped but she didn't say anything.
 
"Wow, you really aren't going to tell m-"
 
"I knew I was the princess up for the throne but I couldn't stay for it." Brandon's voice trailled off and he kept quiet as he listened to her. "I was lost, you know?" she said as she remembered the incident that had happened. She was just 30 years of being a vampire and her little brother, Jae Jung was 20 years of vampire age. In human age she was only fifteen years old and her brother was only twelve. Ever since her parents 'died' after making the treaty, she couldn't help but cherish him like her own world. In fact, she did step up to the throne, she took her little brother along to stay with her in the castle but that was absolutely pointless. Since she needed to carry her duties as the new queen at such a young age, her brother was left in the care of the soilders in the castle in Darian Town. Not until one day Zenon's men came and ambushed the castle. They took her little brother away and that's when she knew she wanted to give up the title and the throne for the safety of her own brother. She didn't care if she was going against all the leaders, she just wanted her little brother back.
 
The leaders didn't let her leave the castle even though her brother was under the hands of Zenon. So that's when she decided to sneak out of the castle and made her way to Zenon on her own. He made a deal with her that she will need to kill a number of humans in her own side and  bring back packets of blood from the people she killed. She would also need to give up the throne as queen to save her brother. Zenon thought she was so young that she wouldn't do it but she did. She killed an amount of people, brought back the packets of blood to Zenon just to save her own brother. When she has done everything that Zenon told her to, he gave a place where she could find her brother and she went to the place. It was a small hut a little offside in the Dynasty side and it took her twelve continuous hours just for her to walk from one sied to another. When she went in, she found her brother lying on the ground, dead. She felt betrayed and she felt so alone that she didn't even want the title as the queen anymore. If it's anything she wanted the title on her name to be gone.
 
"After I lost my brother, I didn't want it anymore. I can't even feel proud if I were to wear that stupid crown on my head." she chuckled bitterly and he sighed. "Your parents, they're.. not exactly dead." Brandon whispered and her eyes widened as she turned to look at him. "What?" her voice cracked and he sighed again. "I'm not supposed to tell you this but that day when they went for the treaty, it wasn't only for the people. It was for you and your brother too." Her eyes widened and she clenched her fists listening to Brandon go on. "They made a treaty with Zenon that if they gave themselves up as king and queen, they would leave you and your brother along with the people alone. It was rumored that your parents got killed but some say that they're locked up in the dungeon at the castle in Celtic Town, where Zenon is. I guess, since he didn't kill your parents, maybe that's why he went after you and your brother instead."
 
"So my parents.."
 
"They may be alive."
 
"But.." she furrowed her eyebrows as she looked up at Brandon. "How did you know I was the next princess up for the throne as queen? After all these years if you knew, why didn't you inform the other leaders?"
 
"Several reasons."
 
"And they are?"
 
"One, when I saw your eye color, I instantly knew you were Hae Hwa's daughter. No one else now has that eye color apart from you and your mother. Two, they thought you died, that's why they thought there was no one else up for the throne and they just left the spot for King and Queen empty for all these years. Three, after listening to your story, do you actually think I would go and tell them? I'll admit this, you were pretty bold for just sneaking out and heartless for killing people for your own brother's safety but let me tell you this, I would've done the same if I was in your situation and if Brian was in Zenon's hands." she scoffed and she looked away. "Yeah, thanks." She muttered softly because she didn't know if that was a compliment or an insult. "Look, I know it's pretty hard on you and everything but, we should get back to Dis's castle and have you back into the real world."
 
"Wait," she placed a hand on his chest before he could get up. "Can we just keep this between us?" she asked and he looked at her for a while. "I'm not ready to expose all of this yet. I would tell Brian when the time is right. I would also need to tell the rest of my rookies under me but, I just need the right time." Brandon smiled before he nodded his head. "As long as you don't reveal my secret, I won't reveal yours." he said as he got up and pulled her up by her hand to continue walking. After two hours of walking, they reached in front of a large castle and he unlocked the gate using his mind and he leaded her in. The castle was twice as big as Hine's castle. They entered the castle and her eyes widened when she saw two familiar looking boys talking to one another. One was older than the other.
 
"J-Jae Jung?" and she gulped when she analyzed the other boy. "Kyle?"