Concentration...Gone.

Revenge.

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 2 8 / 0 4 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter One  Concentration...Gone

"W-Walk on water?" D.O.'s eyes widened even wider than before.

 

 

Brian shook his head as he let out a heavy sigh. “B-Brian, what was all that about?” Baekhyun gathered the guts to ask as Brian let out a bitter chuckle. “This would usually happen when she gets injured.” Brian nodded his head once before looking up to face the boys. In their eyes he could see souls who were actually worried about Hae Jung. They looked sincere, kind and pure.

“Was she crying because it hurt..?” Sehun asked as Brian shook her head. “If she could get stabbed with a silver knife multiple times before, this shouldn’t be so painful for her.” Brian let out a warm smile before blinking the tear away. Maybe he thought the boys didn’t see that, but they sure did. “Since you guys drank blood already, let’s head out for training. We’ll come back for her later. She needs more rest.” Brian headed towards the door with twelve boys following behind him. They didn’t really have a say in anything yet. As he placed his hand on the doorknob, he took a glance around the room. He spotted a few spots of pink dots at the corner of the room. He couldn’t help but smile as something as simple as a few pink spots, brought back warm memories.

The boys followed his gaze only to stare at the corner of the room with pink dots on the wall. It was just a tiny patch of pink dots, but it was barely noticeable. “I-Is something there, Brian?” Chanyeol asked, breaking Brian in his thoughts of walking down memory lane. “Huh?” Brian shook his head as he shifted his gaze to Chanyeol. The boys turned their heads to stare at Brian as he shook his head. “Nothing. Nothing’s there. Let’s go.”

“We’re leaving now.” Brian came to the balcony as she was looking up into the sky with her eyes closed. He walked closer towards her before wrapping his arms around her waist to pull her close. “You should drink some blood, you need it when you come to train them later.” She gazed down to his hands on her waist as she opened her eyes to see his hands. 

“Later?” she questioned as she turned her head slightly to meet his eyes. He nodded his head before pulling away from her. “I’ll give them a head start of training first. You’ll come in later. You still need to rest an-“

“I’m coming now. I’ll drink some blood later.”

“Hae Ju-“

“Brian, please.” He gulped as he stared into her eyes. She stared back at him as though it was a staring contest. “Fine.” Brian muttered softly before turning around to let his back face her. “We’ll be at the lake..The one where..You know where it is.”

It was peaceful and pure serenity. Brian’s tigress came swiftly by his side as the tigress rested on the ground. “Well someone’s lazy today.” Brian commented as the tigress let out a soft growl. The tigress could understand everything perfectly. “B-Brian, how did you.. Get your tiger?” Tao asked as Brian scoffed at the boy after glancing back and forth from Celestial and him. “Tigress. She’s a female.” Brian smiled before crouching down to pat her head.

“I was just, 54 years as a vampire when I met her. I was this close to getting killed by another vampire but she came to the scene to kill off the vampire that had tried to kill me. Right after that, I found out from Yunho that she’s a Benesta tiger.”

“B-Benes-what?” Suho questioned as Brian chuckled softly before standing back up. “Benesta tiger. These tigers have a purpose living in the world. One of their main duties is to find their destined owner. There are only 10 existing in the world now. One of them happens to be mine. They will have a feeling of who their owner is. But to clarify it all, this is how they confirm it.” Brian said as he crouched down on the ground again.  Brian held out his hand in front of Celestial as she placed her left paw on Brian’s hand. The twelve boys grouped around Brian as he revealed two familiar looking scars. One on Celestial’s left paw and the other on Brian’s wrist.

“I-Is that some sort of connection between the two of you?” Tao asked again as Brian nodded his head. “Something like that. She can tell when I’m in great danger and vice versa. She can feel what I feel, and I feel what she feels. It’s more or less the same thing.” He let out a soft chuckle before placing Celestial’s paw on the ground before standing up. He turned around before signaling them to back off a little. “Today I’ll teach you how to run on water.”

Their eyes widened as some of them gape their mouth open. “W-Walk on water?” D.O.’s eyes widened even wider than before. Brian shook his head before wiggling his finger in front of D.O.’s face. “Run.”

The boys looked at one another before having a confused look on their face. “Is that even possible?” Luhan asked as Brian nodded his head. “For you, it’s more than just possible. Since you have telekinesis powers.” Brian pointed at the boy with deer like eyes as he gulped. “Not all vampires can do this. But with the right trainers, you should be able to pull this off.” They didn’t move and some couldn’t even blink. “Even Celestial could do it.” Brian took a quick glance at his tigress before signaling her to take a quick run on the water.

She got up slowly before getting on her heels to dash straight onto the water. She ran around the lake for a while before she came back on land to lay down on the ground. “Saw that? If she can do it, so can you.” Brian smiled before looking at his tigress. “Good job.” He showed her two thumbs up before looking back at the boys in front of him. “But she’s a tigress. We’re hum-“

“Vampires.” Kai cut Sehun off as he smiled sheepishly. “Y-Yeah, vampires.”

“Alright, since none of you believe me. I’ll show you that vampires can do it.” Brian smirked before turning around to face the lake. It was one of the biggest lakes in the offside of town. No one dared to come here as rumors were that vampires trained here. Well, they were smart enough to believe those rumors. Especially now when it was only seven in the morning. This lake was connected to a lot of rivers as this lake was really wide and deep.

Brian took off in a high speed as he glided on the water. His hands flew back as he kept running around in circles before running in a zigzag pattern. The boys stared at him in awe as they knew it would take a long time to practice those skills. Brian dived into the water, disappearing from their sight as they began to panic. “Guys! He’s gone!” Xiumin shouted as he pointed at where Brian was running a moment ago.

Suho was getting ready to plunge into the water when suddenly a great force brushed past him. Suho nearly slipped and fell but Kris held onto his arm, pulling him up. “T-That’s Hae Jung!” Chanyeol pointed at the girl running on water as though it was the easiest thing to do. Brian suddenly reappeared on the surface as he chased after Hae Jung.

The boys couldn’t tear their eyes away from the little chase going on between the two. She managed to jump over Brian as she used his shoulders as her base to do her flip. She landed on the water as if it was solid ground before dashing back to land. Brian followed behind her, not as fast as Hae Jung. When Hae Jung reached land she jumped in the air, doing a somersault before landing on her feet. She looked up as she smirked, even though the boys couldn’t see her face as her back was facing them. She heard applause behind her as she stood up to turn around.

“You still got it.” Brian chuckled before she walked towards him. “Mind you, I helped you to actually balance yourself on water. If it wasn’t for me-“

“Yeah yeah yeah.” He cut her off as she glared at him. “Shall we get started?” he gestured for her hand but she brush past him, purposely letting her shoulder bump into his. “We shouldn’t waste anymore time. Let’s get started. We need all the time we can get.”

After hours of training by the lake, it was impossible to not get drenched into water. One by one kept falling into the water as they weren’t using their minds and body balance well enough. It takes time and practice, it wasn’t impossible. Hae Jung was working one on one with the boys as it would be easier that way. The other boys were sitting behind them, wet and shivering but they had to endure it. Controlling all boys at once would be hectic. So far, no boys managed to even walk on water. Yet alone stand.

Hae Jung let out a soft sigh before looking up at the boy in front of her. “Let’s try this one more time before I help Kai.” He gulped before nodding his head. “Luhan, you can do this. You have the powers of telekinesis.” She tried to encourage him but it didn’t work. If it did, he would’ve been floating on water by now. “I..I just can’t. I didn’t exactly have a good experience in the water when I was young.” He admitted sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his neck.

The few boys sitting down on the ground behind them understood Luhan’s situation perfectly. As a kid, his older brother nearly drowned him when they were at the beach. His brother threw him into the water, thinking it was a funny joke. It wasn’t all that funny when suddenly a huge wave crashed on Luhan, drifting him away from shore. If it wasn’t for his awareness of having telekinesis powers to be able to push the water away with his mind, he would’ve been a goner.

Hae Jung took a glance at Brian and he was as frustrated with his group of boys as she was with hers. She took in a deep breath before closing her eyes shut. She reached for his hands and he pulled back instantly. “W-What are you doing?!” he raised his voice a little but lowered his voice the moment she opened her eyes to glare at him. “I’m helping you, that’s what. Now give me your hands.” She gestured for his hands as he reluctantly placed his hands in hers.

“Now follow me.” She whispered softly as he nodded his head. She took a step on the water and Luhan followed behind her. She was doing all she can to support him on the water. All Luhan had in his mind before this was drowning but now, he was calm. In his mind he was focusing on balancing on the water. She took another step and Luhan followed her. Now the two of them were fully standing on the water just a step away from land. Luhan closed his eyes as he was afraid of falling into the water and drown. She gave his hands a light squeeze and all his thoughts of drowning disappeared. “Focus Luhan, use your mind and your body balance. You can do this. I know you can.” She whispered as he felt his surroundings change. The boys stared at Luhan in awe, he was the first one among them to succeed.

“Look! Luhan’s doing it!” Xiumin shouted as he pointed at Luhan. Heads darted at Luhan and Hae Jung as Kris pulled Xiumin back to cover him by his mouth. “Shut up, you’ll break his concentration.” Kris hissed at Xiumin before uncovering his mouth. “Sorry.” He grinned before turning back to stare at the younger boy floating on water. All Luhan had in his mind now was balancing himself. The moment he heard Hae Jung saying 'You can do this.' it instantly gave an effect to his body. His mind concentrated and his body reacted.

“Luhan, you’re floating on water.” Hae Jung whispered and let out a slight smile as she felt proud at the boy in front of her that managed to clear his thoughts. “It’s only because you’re supporting my weight. If only they knew that.” He muttered under his breath as his eyes were still closed, but Hae Jung’s eyes were open. Wide open.

“What are you talking about?” she questioned him when he opened his eyes. Only to widen his eyes when he realized that right after he shut his eyes, she had already let go of his hands. He was supporting himself on the water all this while. Luhan looked down on his hands before looking back up at the girl in front of him. The look on his face made Hae Jung break into a bigger smile than before. “B-But how?” he whispered as cheers came from the boys who were watching the whole scene but it was inaudible to Luhan's ears.

He didn’t avert his eyes away from her. His eyes were still locked on hers. “You were strong and brave enough to push away all those thoughts in your mind. That’s your strength. Use it.” She gave him a smile that showed her teeth. That made him bit his lower lip. His concentration was gone just like that and he fell into the water.