Love..or Gratitude?

Revenge.

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 2 2 / 0 6 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Forty-Three  Love..or Gratitude?

"Tell me, how can I prove it to you that I like you? That I love you?" It was dark, but just like Luhan, she could see his eyes clearly.
"You're just confused."

 
 
Well, you thought I was. Luhan replied her before Chanyeol got up to pounce on him even though the both of them were injured. Chanyeol's left cheek had a burnt mark that was visible and Luhan's lower half of his shirt was burnt, exposing his toned lower torso. Surprisingly, he had abs and that made Hae Jung smirk when Luhan's cheek was painted pink the moment he realized Hae Jung noticed his muscular body he's been working on. "Watch out." Hae Jung sent a thought to Luhan who faced front a little too slow only to get kicked until he landed on the other side of the forest. Luhan growled before he kicked away the branch on top of his body. "You knew I wasn't looking!" Luhan shouted and Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders. "You should've paid attention then."
 
"Bastard." Luhan hissed before he got up to counter Chanyeol by using his mind to put a forcefield over himself before he attacked Chanyeol. Luhan pulled out a few trees at once from the ground to throw them at Chanyeol. Chanyeol put his hands together but he was too slow when three huge tree trunks fell on Chanyeol in three different directions. Luhan wiped the side of his lips where it was bleeding a little before he noticed smoke was coming out of where Chanyeol was. Soon the trees were on fire and Chanyeol appeared again after the three trees burnt down. "Didn't think I'd leave the party early, did you?" Chanyeol taunted before Luhan cracked his knuckles. "Not at all." Luhan answered before he dodged Chanyeol's incoming fireballs.
 
Chanyeol's speed of creating fireballs increased tremendously that it surprised Hae Jung. "How long was I gone?" she whispered to herself when she looked away from Chanyeol to look at Luhan. He put his hands together and created a few layers of sheild that blocked Chanyeol's fireballs. "Wow," she breathed out when she looked around her this time. She could see Kris flying faster and the way he flew in between the trees with such speed was just madness. Tao managed to stop time only to affect the people near him, not everyone around him. He froze time and Xiumin froze just when Xiumin was going to toss icicles at him. Tao grabbed all the icicles coming his way and tossed them at Xiumin's direction before he resumed time.
 
"DAMN IT!" Xiumin shouted when he tried to dodge all the icicles being thrown in his way. Grumblings from the sky could be heard and that's when she knew Chen was doing something that could blow her mind. Her eyes darted at Chen and she was right. He made a few lightnings struck at once at Kyungsoo but what impressed her even more was Kyungsoo immediately shaped a roof of soil to shelter himself from the lightnings and Chen cursed before he stopped all the lightnings. When Kyungsoo dropped the roof, he formed a big soil ball and tossed it at Chen's direction. At the same time Chen managed to make a lightning strike on Kyungsoo's feet before he got  buried with soil.
 
Suho created a water spear and threw it at Lay, who was standing there not doing anything. Lay caught the spear and changed the color of the water spear. From transparent it was now black. Lay threw it back to Suho and Suho dodged it but little did he know, Lay controlled the spear to turn back around to let the water spear enter Suho's body. Suho shouted when the spear contained poison and it was spreading in Suho's body slowly. Suho managed to place a hand over his chest to pull out all the poison and formed it into a ball before he threw it at Lay.
 
Kai teleported behind Kris and kneed him on the back before he teleported away from Kris who immediately turned around to attack Kai. Kai teleported himself on a tree and continued to jump and teleport at the same time to get from one tree to another quickly. His speed and Kris's speed was almost tied when Kris was flying beside Kai, attempting to land a hit on Kai who would easily just escape him because of how swift Kai was without needing to fly.
 
When it was night, everyone was in their respective rooms where they rested and Hae Jung was in the room she was placed at the whole time.  She stared at the ring on her finger as she twisted it around. From the training before this up to now she was wondering how the hell the light Jong Up blasted at her was by the ring. How was it even possible for the ring to release the light at the time where she wanted to blast it at him? Curious, she got up from her bed and opened the door slowly before shutting the door behind her. It was silent and she knew everyone was fast asleep.
 
She looked left and right before she attempted to walk downstairs to go to the library of books where she would usually spend time with Brian and Kyle. She unlocked the door with her mind and she entered. She narrowed her eyes at the corner of the room where she saw a figure sitting in the dark. She could feel like everyone was asleep, so this may be an intruder. Sneakily, she charged up to the person at the corner and the person gasped. That person was a guy, and she could tell that when her hands gripped onto his arms. "Who are you?!" she half-shouted, half-whispered as she pinned the boy below her.
 
Her breath hitched when she was rolled over and the boy pinned her down instead. "Hae Jung, it's me." she furrowed her eyebrows in the dark when she could analayze that voice. "Luhan?" she croaked out softly and she could roughly tell he was nodding his head. Since she didn't close the door behind her, a slight shade of light filled the room but it was still pretty dark. "What are you doing here?" she asked and he gulped before they continued to remain in that position. Luhan's body was hovering above hers as her legs were trapped in between his legs. His hands were covering her wrists on the carpet floor. "Luhan?" she called him out but he didn't hear her at all. Even though it was all dark, he could somehow see the glow in her eyes that pulled him in.
 
Lately he's been going insane. Whenever he tried to calm himself down or when he couldn't sleep, he would come here. To read some books in the dark. He didn't know how either but he managed to create a small light in the middle of the books he was reading and most of the time, the books he read would be ancient love stories between vampires. For some odd reason, each time he read the word 'she' in the book, he would easily picture Hae Jung. Whenever he read the name of a female vampire in the book, that name would be replaced with Hae Jung's name in Luhan's mind. It was driving him crazy and he doesn't know how to stop it. He's been trying to avoid it but now he decided to embrace it instead.
 
Unknowingly he leaned in closer until he pressed his lips onto hers. Her eyes widened but he didn't stop or pull away, he continued to kiss her until he moved his hands to put at the sides of her waist. He felt the softness and how sweet her lips tasted and he wanted more. She didn't know why but she was trying not to kiss him back but her lips twitched a little when he pressed his lips onto hers. He noticed this and he kissed deeper. "Don't hold back." he mumbled the words into the kiss as he continued to kiss her roughly.
 
She was fighting the urge because she knows this is all wrong and she knows if she went along with the kiss, she may lead him off to something else. She didn't know where this feeling came from, but she wants it to go away. She pushed him off until he blinked at her. "What?" he growled and she scoffed before she wiped her lips with the back of her hand. "What do you mean 'what'?" she asked and he pressed his lips together after he realized what he did. Lately he couldn't stop thinking about her ever since she left reality to be in the Underworld after saving his life.
 
He began to think what she really meant to him and he noticed it was just more than just a trainer. He didn't want to admit this, he was going crazy but he had to admit this one way or another. He began to realize slowly ever since he met her, he's become more cautious of her. He began to care about her a little bit more than the rest. On the other hand, she has no idea why all of this was happening but she knew that he was only reacting this way because she saved his life. Either that or he's just blind or maybe he was feeling guilty. Those were the only reasons why he should be acting this way. "Why were you-" she couldn't even finish her sentence when he cupped her cheeks and claimed her lips again. "L-Luhan!" her soft shouts of calling Luhan's name were muffled when Luhan continued to kiss her. One time of kissing her wasn't enough for him.
 
"You want this too." he growled as he kissed her again. She punched his chest multiple times but even with that he didn't let go of her. He's been waiting for this kiss for so long. He thought he wouldn't be able to kiss her when she was gone from reality for a few days. He really thought she was a goner but he was more than just happy when that was proven wrong. He was acting rash in just kissing her upfront and he knew that but the feeling of just knowing his lips are on hers, was more than enough to push all those thoughts away.
 
She pushed him off until his back came in contact with the bookshelf. "Why are you doing this to me?!" Luhan shouted and she got up to get closer and put a hand over his mouth. Luhan was on his knees against the bookshelf and she was doing the same, only thing different was she was covering his mouth with her hand. "Keep it down! The rest are asleep!" she hissed and he used his mind to shut the door, now they were in complete darkness but the two of them could tell one another's move clearly as if it was broad daylight. "Answer me." he growled as he gripped onto her wrists. "Me? You should be answering that question!" She hissed before she pulled her hands away but he managed to grip onto one of her wrists. "Why are you pushing me away? Can't you see that I like you?!" he roared and she was starting to get confused.
 
Him? Like her? Since when? "How could you even like me?!" She shouted and he gripped onto her waist with both of his hands. "I just do, alright?!" he shouted and she kept silent.
 
"The way your eyes just look at me with such attraction and love. The way you call out my name and it sounds so perfect when you call me out. Your determination to kill, I find that y and endearing. You're so beautiful you don't even know why. Even I don't know how I ended up like this but I do. Deep down inside I know you're dying to know how love feels like again.  And I want to be the one who can help you with that. You want me as much as I want you. And I'll say it again. I want you." she pushed Luhan's hands away after comtemplating for a while when she backed away from him. She didn't know what she was feeling either but she knew one thing for sure, Luhan was just confused.
 
"You're not in love with me nor do you like me." she said that monotonously and Luhan got frustrated. "Why won't you believe me?" he asked coldly when she looked away. He tilted her head to face him and she gulped when he stared into her eyes. She got up on her feet to turn around and wanted to walk out of the room but he pulled her wrist and within a split second she was against the bookshelf with Luhan caging her in as Luhan stood on his feet. His hands were on both sides of her head, gripping onto the one of the shelves. "Tell me, how can I prove it to you that I like you? That I love you?" It was dark, but just like Luhan, she could see his eyes clearly. "You're just confused."
 
"How am I confused?!" he shouted and she pushed him off by his chest but his hands maintained at the sides of her head. "You are just confused with what I did for you. You love what I did for you, not for who I am. If you feel that you have to love me from now on just because I saved your life, you don't have to worry about that. You don't have to feel pressured to love me just because I saved you because that is not how true love works." she shook her head and Luhan was lost for words. Was he really acting like this because she saved his life? Now that she's mentioned it in this kind of way, he started to think, thus not being able to say anything to change Hae Jung's mind or how she was feeling.
 
"Just stop wasting my time and I'll forget all of this ever happened." she said as she pushed one arm off so she could escape his embrace. She walked towards the shelf on the other side of the room to pull out a book and she left. Frustrated and now confused, Luhan turned around to slide his back against the bookshelf before he reached the floor. He placed a hand on his lips before placing one on his chest. "What am I really feeling?" he asked himself before he shut his eyes tight.
 
“Luhan, you’re floating on water.” Hae Jung whispered and let out a slight smile as she felt proud at the boy in front of her that managed to clear his thoughts. “It’s only because you’re supporting my weight. If only they knew that.” He muttered under his breath as his eyes were still closed, but Hae Jung’s eyes were open. Wide open.

“What are you talking about?” she questioned him when he opened his eyes. Only to widen his eyes when he realized that right after he shut his eyes, she had already let go of his hands. He was supporting himself on the water all this while. Luhan looked down on his hands before looking back up at the girl in front of him. The look on his face made Hae Jung break into a bigger smile than before. “B-But how?” he whispered as cheers came from the boys who were watching the whole scene but it was inaudible to Luhan's ears.

He didn’t avert his eyes away from her. His eyes were still locked on hers. “You were strong and brave enough to push away all those thoughts in your mind. That’s your strength. Use it.” She gave him a smile that showed her teeth. That made him bit his lower lip. His concentration was gone just like that and he fell into the water. 

He opened his eyes and found himself smiling at the memory a few months ago before he realized he fell for her. "I fell pretty hard." Luhan breathed out bitterly before lifting his head up to stare at the door. When she closed the door behind her, she leaned against the door before hugging the book close to her chest. She brushed her fingers on her lips, where she could still feel the effect of the kiss lingering on her lips. "What the hell?" she muttered under her breath before she made her way back to her room.