Hero For The Day.

Revenge.


P u b l i s h e d   o n : 2 1 / 0 5 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Twenty-Three  Hero For The Day.

"Oh, now you finally decide to act like a team?" they heard a voice coming from the stairs.

 

When they reached back to the house, the rest of the boys flooded downstairs as they came running down the moment they felt the familiar presence. “Oh my god.” Kris croaked out as Baekhyun, Kai and Hae Jung fell to the floor the moment they reached the living room. Hae Jung was lying down on the floor in between Kai and Baekhyun whose arms were still around her shoulder. They felt dead tired and they couldn’t be bothered to move. “I don’t think they managed to find Brian.” Tao said as Kris smacked his head. “You don’t say?” Xiumin said sarcastically before Suho clapped his hands. “Since there are ten of us, three of us will take Baekhyun, another three will take Kai and four of us will handle Hae Jung.”

“How about we just leave them like this?” Xiumin suggested as Luhan was busy just staring at the girl on the ground in front of him. “A-Are you alright?” he secretly sent a thought to Hae Jung. He pressed his lips together the moment he saw her hand twitch but it wasn’t obvious. “I’m fine. Just leave us be. Get some rest. Thank you, Luhan. You did great today.” She sent a thought to him and his eyes widened the moment he received the thought. He gulped before he signaled everyone to leave them. “Luhan, you out of all people I would think should actually leave them like this.” Suho said as he sighed. “Are you all that lazy?” Kris asked as Luhan gulped. “She sent me a thought telling us to just leave them be. We should listen to her.” Luhan said firmly as he glanced back at Hae Jung. A few of them couldn’t believe Luhan but some of them believed him.

“You guys will be the death of me.” They heard a voice coming from the floor. Their eyes widened and they felt like their hearts stopped when Hae Jung tried to get up. She grunted the moment she tried to push herself up but Kai and Baekhyun wrapped their arms around her torso and their legs tangled around hers. She shut her eyes tight before she squeezed out with an annoyed tone, “Get. Them. Off. Me.” The boys didn’t hesitate to pry Kai and Baekhyun away from Hae Jung. They pulled the two away from her and they were still on the ground while the rest took a step back away from them. She got up with her eyes shut to catch her breath.

She raised a hand up to make everyone keep quiet as they were whispering among one another. When it was dead silent she dropped her hand down to her side. Slowly she opened her eyes and the first person she laid eyes on was Luhan. His eyes widened as it was filled with worry. She looked away to focus on everyone in front of her, excluding the two guys on the ground. “Let me make myself clear.” She inhaled deeply before she continued. She could easily tell her injuries were sealing up but that doesn’t mean she’s not feeling weak. A few newborns managed to cut her with silver knives and let’s just say she met one feisty newborn that managed to stab her on her back.

“I don’t want anyone to leave this house on your own conscious unless you really have to.” She warned them as some of them gulped. “What I mean is, if there is any intruders.. Yes, you fight for your life and run. Other than that, listen to me and don’t leave the house unless you want every day to end up like today. Is that clear?” she asked as everyone kept silent. “I said,” she breathed out before she raised her voice, “Is that clear?!”

“Yes, Hae Jung.” The boys muttered softly before she felt pain on her back. She shut her eyes tight and used one of her hand to place a fist on the injury. “What happened?” Luhan asked softly as she was too focused on her injury on her back, she couldn’t hear anything. She heard the door creak open and her eyes immediately shot open as she disappeared to reappear in front of the door. She was ready to pounce on the vampire until she realized it was Yunho. His eyes widened at the sight and he knew something was wrong. His eyes darkened the moment he could easily sense Hae Jung was injured, and she wasn’t the only one he could sense was injured. He immediately lifted her up in his arms and brought her up to her room to be treated. The twelve boys were left dumbfounded downstairs as they didn’t dare to move.

“We really ed up big time.” Chen whispered as Tao rolled his eyes at him. “It wasn’t our fault Kai and Baekhyun decided to be hero today.” Luhan, Lay and Xiumin turned to glare at him. “We’re a team, we should act like one.” Chanyeol voiced out as he crouched down to lift Baekhyun up to place him on the sofa as Kyungsoo followed his actions to lift Kai up to place him on the other sofa in the room. “Chanyeol’s right.” Suho said as everyone grouped in a circle. “We are a team. Regardless of how we met one another and how we transformed to be vampires. We’re a team and we should act like it. If not we’ll be vulnerable to the people in the Carrion Clan.” Kris said as everyone nodded their heads.

“Oh, now you finally decide to act like a team?” they heard a voice coming from the stairs. They all gulped the moment they heard that voice. It was Yunho. With a strong force of wind the twelve boys were suddenly seated on the floor facing Yunho. Their eyes widened but they didn’t do anything, they couldn’t possibly do anything. “I have a few things to say.” Yunho said in a low voice as he clasped his hands together. He made sure he was loud enough for them to hear but at the same time he tried to be soft to not wake Kai and Baekhyun up. “As the chosen ones, it is your duty to take care of yourselves. Also, it is important for you to care for one another.”

“But Yunho-“

“I’m not done speaking.” Yunho eyed Suho as Suho pressed his lips together before keeping quiet. “I get that your teamwork bond isn’t that strong yet. But you guys must really strive for what you want. She’s pushing her heart out for the sake of the twelve of you. And honestly? You don’t get that a lot from Hae Jung. You should be damn grateful she came all the way back here just to help you boys. What would’ve happened if she didn’t come back?” the boys gulped as they knew it would be a bloodbath to fight for Baekhyun and Kai. “It wouldn’t be pretty. And chances are high that maybe Kai or Baekhyun would’ve got killed. I’m usually nice when it comes to training the newborns but I know you boys are worth so much more. So pick up the pieces together and work as a team or I’ll make you.”

He turned around to leave but, “I don’t think I’ll need to come back here and tell you what you should do. Each and every one of you should know what to do. Maybe you can start by apologizing to Hae Jung. Other than that, work as a team and strengthen your skills and your bond with one another. If I don’t see improvement within the next few months, I’ll be back here. And this time, I won’t be nice.” Was all he said before he left as chills were sent down the boys’ spines.