I Won't.

Revenge.

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 0 1 / 0 7 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Forty-Nine  I Won't.

"I just can't and I won't. If you were to leave me I know that won't happen."

 
Its been nearing two weeks now and they were reaching Cantron. Their skills were getting more and more developed but they could be better than how they were now. Zenon's men are people that they should never let their guard down upon and they knew better than that. Especially the leaders in the Dynarion Clan. "This is hopeless." Brian breathed out as the chosen ones were with Onew and the rest. "What is?" Hae Jung asked before Brian sighed, "All of this. I don't know if we can even get through this war again."
 
"You know how it was previously." Brian shuddered as he remembered the number of vampires and humans that were killed because of this war. It wasn't pretty. Cries of young vampires forced to go up for the war and they had no choice but to take their lives away or else those young vampires would take theirs away. It was killed or be killed. Everyone didn't dare to go out and the war lasted for quite a while until the vampires in the Dynarion Clan managed to win the war but who knows this time around Zenon's men and the Carrion Clan may manage to turn the tables around and the humans would be done for. The only reason why Zenon isn't mercilessly going around killing humans now is because he's saving  it for the right time. Once he has full power and control over the people in the Dynasty side, let's just say you might as well blow up planet Earth because it's better to blow it up than live in a world full of darkness under the control of Zenon.
 
"We can't leave them. I don't think I'll be able to." Brian breathed out and Hae Jung gulped. "Funny, I'm stuck between yes or no too." she said dryly as she remembered the talk she had with Yunho yesterday at night where she snuck out of her tent to meet up with Yunho and Brian somewhere deep in the forest. Thank God Luhan wasn't hugging her tight and she demanded for a little space because she knew she had to meet Yunho at this time or else Luhan would probably want to tag along and she knew that this was for personal affairs only. 
 
"You guys know you're allowed to leave now. Once we reach Cantron, the Praecipuus Brothers will take them on from there for higher intensity of training." Yunho said as Brian and Hae Jung nodded their heads. It's been some sort of rule if you're a chosen one and you are chosen to train chosen ones. For Brian and Hae Jung's case, these two had remarkable skills and powers that made the leaders in the Dynarion Clan appoint them as trainers to train the chosen ones. The number one rule is you don't get attached to them but seems like it's too late for Brian and especially for Hae Jung. She broke that rule once before for Kyle and it seems like she may or may not break that rule again.
 
"Unless, you two don't want to leave?" Yunho asked as he could sense Hae Jung had something going on with Luhan. He may not be here through it all but he wasn't dumb to not realize anything. "Especially when one of you are in love with them?" Yunho spoke up louder this time, indicating this message to Hae Jung personally who sighed. "To break the rules again?" Yunho emphasized on the word 'again' as he said that word louder than the rest of the words he said in his sentence. "Well if the leaders would've let me take care of my bro-" she paused and breathed in before she exhaled to look away. She didn't want to bring up that matter anymore and Yunho knew that. He was one of the leaders who knew about her situation.
 
"It's not like I planned to fall in love with him." Hae Jung said monotonously as she looked up to meet Yunho's eyes.
 
"I didn't say you did. I'm waiting for an answer."
 
"Look, I just.." she couldn't go on and Yunho took this chance to speak. "You know the rules. It's either you choose to stay with them forever until they are ready to part ways from you or you part ways now and they have no say in what you decide. You've been doing this for decades now Hae Jung. I think you breaking that rule once is enough for you to know what you should decide." Yunho spoke up sternly and she knew she had to make a choice. She wants revenge for her parents who may or may not be alive and especially for her only brother. She knows the only way she can have revenge is if she goes into Zenon's castle by herself. No one else is brave enough to go all the way there by themselves except for Hae Jung even though she knows she would probably die the moment she steps foot into the castle.
 
And now especially when she's training these batch of chosen ones, this is her last batch. She will not have any other chosen ones to train anymore unless she's willing to. Other than that, once they reach Cantron, she'll have a choice if she would like to leave them or stick by them until their guidance isn't needed anymore. If she were to go now when the chosen ones are under her guidance, the leaders in the Dynarion Clan would probably sense something is off and would find her before she can even step foot into Zenon's castle.

Take it as commiting suicide for someone else if you went to Zenon's castle alone. She would want to die trying to kill him or even break his bones and that was something she swore she'd try to accomplish. As for Brian, all he wanted to do was find his brother when he can finally part ways from the chosen ones but what about now? Brian's answer may vary because Brandon will stick by Brian no matter what decision he makes. And Brian isn't going to admit it but he actually likes and maybe even grown attached to the chosen ones. "I want an answer in two days when you guys reach Cantron. Two days." Yunho said as he disppeared right after he said that.
 
"H-Hae Jung where are you going?" Brian asked but it was no use because in the next second she was gone. Brian sat back down on the rock he was sitting on with Hae Jung as he stared at the direction she disappeared to. As much as Brian would love to leave with her to get revenge on Zenon, even he knows that she wouldn't allow him. What more when now he has his brother again? He has someone to live for now and Hae Jung wasn't going to let Brian risk his life. "You know, if you decide to leave, I'll leave with you." Brian hear a voice speaking beside him and he turned to see his brother sitting on the spot Hae Jung sat previously. "I know but-" Brian couldn't go on as he didn't know what to say.
 
"Brian, if she decides to leave, it's her choice. Whether you like it or not, don't tell me that you never saw it coming that one day the two of you may have to part ways." Brandon said as he patted Brian's shoulder who could only scoff. "Yeah but,"
 
"I never knew she would mean so much to me since the moment we met and," Brian sighed before he gazed down to the ground. "..If she were to leave, I can't believe I'm saying this but.."
 
"You'll miss her." Brandon finished Brian's sentence and Brian nodded once. "More than that." Brian gulped before he lifted his head to look at Brandon. "Stupid, isn't it?" Brandon shook his head before he pulled Brian in for a hug. "I don't think you're the only one who would miss her." Brandon whispered as over Brian's shoulder he could see Luhan from a distance practicing his combat skills intensively against Jonghyun.
 
Luhan breathed out as he fell to the ground, clutching onto his stomach at where Jonghyun had landed a punch on. "Are you ready to give up?" Jonghyun taunted as they were training for two hours straight now. Luhan would constantly fall to the ground but there were times when Jonghyun would get hit by Luhan and it wasn't accidental. Jonghyun raised an eyebrow before Luhan hissed when the pain was gone. "Hell no." Luhan growled when he got up to knee Jonghyun until he flew a distance away from him until his back hit the tree. "Fiesty." Taemin breathed out and Luhan smirked. "Just the way Hae Jung likes it." Luhan said in a low and husky tone before dodging Jonghyun's incoming punch.
 
"Hmm.. that won't do then." Zenon breathed out as he got up from his seat and walked towards the map pinned on the wall. "We're right here." He placed his finger on the map as he hummed when he dragged his finger to another red spot. "And this is where they're heading to."
 
"H-How sure are you?" one of the vampire asked and Zenon chuckled. "You're deceiving me?"
 
"N-No! Never sir! I-I'm just asking." the vampire gulped before Zenon smirked when he heard how nervous the vampire sounded. "If we have her under our hands, that's it for them. We can easily conquer the whole Dynasty side." Zenon laughed whole heartedly at the thought of conquering the world to himself. The vampire backed away until Zenon turned around and pointed a finger at the vampire. "You, don't run away. We're going after them."
 
"W-What?" the vampire's eyes bulged before Zenon smirked again. "You heard me. Get the men. This will be a nice ride towards where they are." Zenon hummed as the vampire stood there to listen to anything else he had to say. "But if she decides to stick with them then.. my my my that won't do. I guess I'll have to take a few of them with me." Zenon smiled again before the vampire spoke up. "B-But sir, wouldn't that be against the treaty rules? It's said that you can only take their life away when the war is declared bu-"
 
"Who said anything about killing them? Can't I add them to my collection? Go get the men! I said we're leaving now!" Zenon ordered and the vampire stumbled backwards before he ran out as fast as he could to get the others.
 
Hae Jung sighed when she stood in front of the lake. She bent down and picked up a rock before she tossed it across the lake. It traded water for a little while before it stopped to sink into the water. It was nearing night before they would make their way towards Cantron. If it was possible she would want to just pause time where no upcoming wars would come. Where she could just live in this moment forever with Luhan by her side without her needing to make a decision to choose between her revenge she's been wanting for decades or the love she's been craving for ever since Kyle left her side.
 
She looked up into the sky as it started to get darker as well as it started to change color. She scoffed before she continued staring at the changes in the sky. "Can't you just make the decision for me?" she whispered softly before she gazed back down to the lake in front of her. Luhan's eyes brightened when he saw the girl he loves a distance from him as he was behind the trees. He's been finding for her ever since his training ended and since his senses were much sharper now, he could sense where she was even though she hid her presence very well. "There she is." Luhan whispered as he made his way towards her. Hae Jung's body tensed up when Luhan wrapped his arms around her waist from the back before he pulled her closer until her back pressed onto his chest.
 
"I've been looking for you." he whispered into her ear and she smiled a little before she turned her head a little to catch a glimpse of Luhan's face. "Missed me?" she asked and he buried his face in the crook of her neck before he mumbled on her skin, "Very much." He planted a soft kiss on her neck before he lifted his chin to press his head beside hers. She pressed her lips together before she lifted her hand to place it on his arms that were securely around her waist. "Luhan?" she called him out softly and he hummed in response as he swayed her from left to right. Just loving every single moment he gets to be this close to her.
 
"What if," she breathed out and she didn't know how she should ask this when he moved his head from hers to tilt his head until he planted a kiss on her cheek. "What if what?" he asked softly as he rested his chin on her shoulder. She gulped before she said softly, "What if I was gone?"
 
Luhan furrowed his eyebrows before he stared at the moving water in the lake. "I won't let that happen." He answered bluntly before he lifted his chin up from her shoulder. "No one is going to take you away from me. I'll die protecting you if that's the last thing I'll do." Luhan said sternly and she chuckled silently on how protective he was even though she was very much capable of taking care of herself. It's his own safety he should be worried about, not hers. "No I mean.." she breathed out but she paused when she felt the arms around her waist gone. She gazed down to her waist only to see Luhan's hands on the sides of her waist before Luhan turned her around to make her face him.
 
"Baby what are you trying to say?" Luhan asked and she scoffed when she lifted up her chin to meet his eyes. "Baby? That's real cheesy." she commented and he shrugged his shoulders before he smirked at her. "You know you like it."
 
"Oh yeah? What else do I like?" she asked him and he simply pulled her closer to wrap his arms around her waist again. "You like this too." Luhan whispered on her lips before he pulled her in for a kiss. He smirked into the kiss when he found her kissing him back with the same amount of love and passion. She was this close to wrapping her arms around his neck but she just placed her hands on his chest before pushing him a little to break the kiss. She didn't want to let this slip off her mind so easily. Luhan abruptedly opened his eyes to look at the girl before him. He leaned closer until his forehead onto hers before he asked, "Is something wrong?"
 
"N-No.. It's," she breathed out before she let her hands fall down to her sides when Luhan let go of her waist. "About my question earlier." she gulped before she lifted her chin to look into his eyes. "What if I was gone?"
 
"I told you th-"
 
"Don't say you'll be able to hold me back or anything or save me. What if I was just gone? And you couldn't do a thing about it? Whether if it's I leave or getting captured."
 
Luhan furrowed his eyebrows and his heart clenched at little just at the thought of losing her suddenly especially when finally he got to call her his. She pressed her lips together into a fine line when he shook his head. "You're not leaving me right?" Luhan croaked out and she hissed. "Why can't you just answer my question?"
 
"Because I can't."
 
"Why the hell not?" she raised her voice and he lunged forward to hug her tight. "Because I can't afford to think what will happen if I lost you." he breathed out and he didn't care if he looked like a sensitive, emotional guy because in all honesty, he can't imagine what will happen if she wasn't by his side. "Luhan.." She breathed out his name and she hate how hard he was making it for her to explain this situation to him. She hated how whenever he would just express his feelings to her on how much he loves her, she would easily give in because Kyle wasn't the kind to show his love to this extend but Luhan was taking it to another whole new level. She wouldn't admit this but she loved the way Luhan expressed his feelings freely without worrying about what others would think. "But Luhan can't you just answer my-"
 
"I can't think or wonder what will happen to me if you left or if you were gone because I don't want to think what will happen if I lost my one true source of happiness. I don't want to think what will happen. I just can't and I won't. If you were to leave me I know that won't happen. You love me. And I love you. We'll get through this together."