Filthy Animals.

Revenge.

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 0 3 / 0 6 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Twenty-Eight  Filthy Animals.

"What are you filthy animals doing here?" Hae Jung hissed as she wiped the blood at the corner of her lips with her thumb.


 
How about we go and see how they're doing? Brian suggested as she sighed. "I don'-" before she could even finish her sentence, he wrapped his arms around her waist tighter to lift her up onto his shoulders before he jumped down from the balcony with her in his grip. "Brian!" she raised her voice but he wouldn't let her off. "Man, I miss doing that." he chuckled before he lifted her up until they were standing on a tree high above from where the boys were training. He let her down to let her stand beside him and the first thing she did was giving him a smack on the head. "Do that again and I swear I'll break a few of your bones." she cursed as he could only smile. "I love you too."
 
Luhan's eyes widened as he felt a familiar presence and his eyes shot up to meet Hae Jung's eyes which was literally metres above him. She wasn't looking at him though, she was focusing on the battle between Xiumin and Lay. Luhan was up against Kris, one of the twelve who managed to get ahold of his skills the quickest. Luhan felt wind around him and that's when he knew he had wasted too much time staring at her when Kris formed a tornado around Luhan. Luhan tried to sheild himself with a forcefield and thankfully it worked. He enlarged his forcefield to the extend where the tornado around him was gone and Kris immediately backed away.
 
"!" Tao exclaimed before he froze time to dodge the attack Chanyeol gave him but he was too slow as the fireball attached itself on Tao's shirt and exploded until Tao flew across the forest, crashing into a few trees before time resumed again. Tao hissed before he managed to put the fire away and jump up in the air to avoid the other fireballs Chanyeol kept throwing at him. Tao froze time when he was up in the air to jump down and grab a few of the fireballs in his hands. It burnt his hands but he grabed the fireballs and threw it at Chanyeol's direction. When the time resumed again, Chanyeol got backfired and the fireballs exploded on him instead. "You sneaky panda." Chanyeol cursed before he dashed towards Tao with his shirt burnt.
 
"Chen, let me try something." Suho said as Chen raised an eyebrow. They were taking a break after countless rounds of battling one another and Chen got up when Suho summoned water from the ground. "Where did you get that from?" Chen asked as Suho chuckled. "From the roots of the trees." he smiled before Chen gave an approving nod. "Pretty impressive of you to think like that." Chen praised as Suho blushed a little. "It was nothing. By the way, try to strike lightning on this waterball here." Suho said as he formed a waterball that was wobbly, jelly-like yet crystal clear. Chen shrugged his shoulders and looked up in the sky before his eyes rolled back a little and he snapped his fingers. Lightning struck on the waterball but nothing happened. It's like the waterball absorbed the lightning. 
 
Chen came closer towards Suho to see what was going on. Suho's eyes widened and Chen scoffed. "Nothing happened." Chen shrugged his shoulders but Suho growled at him. "Look closely." Suho said as Suho held the ball up higher and Chen's eyes widened when he could see twitches inside the waterball. It's like electricity in water just sparking up bit by bit. "Sweet lord." Chen muttered as he wanted to touch the waterball but Suho brought it away. "Are you insane? What if you get electrocuted?" Suho said but suddenly the waterball disappeared from his hands. Suho's eyes widened and he turned around only to see Hae Jung holding onto the waterball with her hands. It didn't pop, burst or explode and it definitely didn't electrocute her. "W-What are you doing?" Suho croaked out as Chen gulped along with Suho. "This.." she muttered softly as she tilted her head sideways with a smile on her face.
 
"This is pretty smart of you." Suho could feel his cheeks burning up a little and Chen cupped Suho's cheeks. "Stop blushing, she's just complimenting you." Suho swatted Chen's hands away. "Shut up, I know." Suho has never gotten praised that many times before but ever since he met Hae Jung, she's been praising him a lot and because of that, he's been striving to be better day by day just to hear her compliments. That was one of the things Hae Jung knew would work on Suho. Considering he's never gotten that many praises before when he should, she knew she could praise him and he would improve just like that.
 
"One question," Suho said as Hae Jung looked up to give a soft smile. "What?" she asked before she looked down on the waterball. "How can you just hold it like that? I thought it would explode or you could even get electrocuted if you're not careful with that?" he asked as she chuckled inaudibly. "You really underestimate me." She breathed out before she tossed the waterball back at Suho who immediately grabbed the waterball before it could explode at the sudden touch of non-electic conductors. "N-No I wasn-"
 
"My hands.." she muttered before she stared at her hands. "Let's just say I can't feel much pain with my hands anymore. It's practically numb most of the time." she explained softly before the two nodded their heads slowly. "See?" she put her hands up to reveal plenty of unhealable scars that looked very painful but to her it felt like nothing. She clasped her hands together so they could stop staring before she let out a soft sigh. "Get back to training and," she leaned closer and signalled them to come closer before she smirked at them.
 
The two dumbfoundedly leaned closer and she whispered, "You should try to toss that waterball at any one of these guys. I swear, they will never mess with you again." she leaned away before she gave a pat on the shoulders of both of the boys. She walked away to help Kyungsoo who was up against with Sehun. There wasn't much to help on considering the two of them were literally having a war even though Sehun was the youngest. None of them would back down and considering that Hae Jung was watching, they were giving their all to make one another slip or fall. Kyungsoo spread his arms out wide and clapped his hands together.
 
The tree branches plunged at Sehun's direction but with the help of wind, Sehun had cut all the tree branches coming at his way with just one spin. "Damn you." Kyungsoo cursed as he jumped into the air but that was a bad move. Sehun turned his hands together clockwise and he kept turning and turning and turning until Kyungsoo was inside a tornado. Sehun smirked as he tried to make the tornado crash down but his tornado disappeared when Kyungsoo made the roots of the trees rise up from the grounds to pull Sehun down, making him fall to the ground. "Brat." Sehun cursed as Kyungsoo fell to the ground. "You're no angel yourself." Kyungsoo scoffed as the both of them got up to land another attack on one another.
 
"Who the-" Kai and Baekhyun couldn't even finish their sentences as suddenly the waterball that was made by Suho and Chen exploded. They were covered in water that suddenly started to electrocute them slowly. Kai and Baekhyun let out piercing shouts before the effect and pain started to subside when Hae Jung appeared along with Lay to prevent anymore scars or jolts that could harm their nervous system. "Alright," Hae Jung breathed out as she glanced at Suho to smile at him. "This is another thing you guys should learn. Gather around." she said as slowly everyone walked towards her to form a circle around her. Kai and Baekhyun didn't even know who threw the waterball but they didn't care about that. "Brian." she called him out and he jumped down from the tree above her to land beside her in the circle. 
 
After 5 minutes of explaining, everyone could understand just a little on how to prevent the electrocution happen in the near future. One of the main body parts they could use to prevent all this was their hands. Apparently they didn't know it was actually possible to use their minds to stop their blood flow on their finger tips. Usually that's where the electricity would enter from to bring in jolts that could harm or burn the nerves in their bodies. [A/N : This is purely fictional. Literally.]
 
"How did you learn how to do this?" Lay asked as he himself was amazed, considering he was a healer and he should know the body system very well. "Experience." she looked at Lay as her lips twitched upwards a little as he flashed his dimples at her. "Okay," she breathed out as she signalled everyone to get up. "Let's head back. It's going to be a long day tomorrow." she managed to let out a tired smile as everyone got up to follow her back to the house. It was getting darker and darker as it was soon night. They've been practicing too much they've lost track of time. On their way back, Brian hissed as he told everyone to stop. "What's going on?" Luhan asked Hae Jung who could only shrug her shoulders but soon her eyes darkened when she felt a familiar presence.
 
"That's.." Brian let out softly as she clenched her fists. "That bastard lied." she breathed out as she cocked her head sideways. Zenon must really love trying to tick her off. She could smell one of the trained vampires from the Carrion Clan's scent around the area. However, what made her feel a little bit relieved was he was alone. "Boys, looks like today is your lucky day." she said as her eyes started to change color. "We've got company, don't we?" Kai said as Brian nodded his head. Soon the boys tensed up when they could feel the presence lingering around them.
 
"Six of you go with Brian, the other six will come with me. We'll head towards the right side of the house, while you guys head towards the left side. I bet they're crashing the house now." she said as immediately the twelve boys split themselves up into groups of two but Hae Jung held a hand up before they could leave. "No, this won't do." she shook her head when she saw the arrangement they've came up with. They split themselves up in a way where Suho, Xiumin, Chanyeol, Sehun, Baekhyun and Luhan were in one group while the other group consisted with Tao, Kyungsoo, Kris, Lay, Chen and Kai. There wasn't much of a mixture of the powers and Brian knew that. They needed to be in groups where there was varieties of powers that could be combined to make a stronger attack. "I'll split you boys up." she said as the boys got back together in one group. 
 
"Kai, Baekhyun, Tao, Sehun, Suho and Chanyeol. Come with me. Xiumin, Kyungsoo, Kris, Lay, Chen and Luhan. You guys follow Brian." everyone nodded their heads and followed quietly but Luhan wouldn't move. "C'mon, we have to go." Xiumin said as he tugged Luhan's shirt and reluctantly, he moved. "Luhan, come here." Kai said to Luhan who turned around to look at him. "What?" Luhan whispered as he glanced back at Brian and the guys who were slowly disappearing from his sight. "I'll switch places with you. Go follow Hae Jung's group. They went down that way." Kai pointed at the trees behind him before Kai disappeared. Luhan let out a soft smile before he nodded his head to follow where Kai had pointed at.
 
"They're getting closer and closer." Suho whispered as Hae Jung held up a finger on her lips. Everyone kept silent as they came nearer towards their house and on the other side of the forest, they could see Brian's group. Brian held a signal up in the air showing five fingers. Slowly he pulled one finger in. Four, three, two, one. That's when everyone moved closer and they formed a circle around the house. Hae Jung held a hand up as she was the only person who took the first few steps towards the house when suddenly the door flung open and a pair of black arms appeared to pull her in. Her eyes widened as she jumped up in the air and glanced behind where she could see Dullahan's coming up behind them. "Behind you!" she shouted as the rest turned around to widen their eyes when all they could see were riders on a black horse surrounding them.
 
Dullahans are riders who ride black horses and they carried their heads on one arm while the other carried a weapon. Let's just say they're headless riders carrying their heads on their arm. This weapon however, isn't your ordinary sword. It's actually a spine of a human corpse. When Hae Jung landed on the ground, she was a little too slow and the pair of arms had pulled her in. "Hae Jung!" a few of them shouted in unison but they couldn't do anything about it as the Dullahan's behind of them were about to kill them. These Dullahan's..their heads were so hideous it sent shivers down some of the boys' spines. Their eyes were black, small and it would dart around constantly like flies while their mouth was so wide it touched both sides of the head. The flesh of the head had the color and consistency of moldy cheese. It was truly hideous and it didn't smell pleasant.
 
A few of them managed to kill the Dullahans while some of them tried to pry free from the Dullahan's horse that tackled them. Kris grabbed the head that was in the hands of the Dullanhan but that was a bad move. The moment Kris had the head, the head smiled at Kris even wider and Kris furrowed his eyebrows as immediately the head melted and burnt Kris's hands. Kris shouted in pain as Lay came to heal his hands and Chanyeol came to burn the horse and the Dullanhan. Only the horse got burnt down into ashes as the Dullanhan hopped off the horse and pounced on Chanyeol.
 
"Oh no you don't." Chanyeol hissed as he placed his hands on the Dullanhan's chest to set the Dullanhan on fire. He kicked the Dullanhan off him to create a fireball to toss it at the Dullanhan. The fireball exploded and the Dullanhan's body was gone. "Thanks." Kris muttered softly as Lay showed him a smile before they pulled away from the incoming Dullahan behind them that tried to pierce their bodies with the weapon the Dullahan was holding. "Watch out Sehun!" Tao shouted as Sehun was this close to getting stabbed in the back when a white figure came to pounce on the Dullanhan. "What the-" Tao's voice trailled off when they heard growlings of a tigress. "Celestial." Sehun breathed out and the tigress gave a slight nod before continuing to pounce on the other Dullanhans.
 
"Looks like we've got back up." Kai said as scorchings of an eagle could be heard in the nightsky. Sty dashed down and ripped off the arms of the Dullanhan in front of Kai. "Thanks." Kai smirked as he kicked the body of the Dullanhan before attemping to kill the horse. "Where did they come from?" Baekhyun asked as Kai shrugged his shoulders before landing a kick on the horses's torso. "They came from Grandion." Brian answered as he swiftly used Kai's shoulder to jump over Kai to kick the Dullanhan behind Kai.
 
"What are you filthy animals doing here?" Hae Jung hissed as she wiped the blood at the corner of her lips with her thumb. "If you forgot, Zenon still has a deed with us, therefore..we're here on his behalf instead of him sending vampires." one of the shadow people spoke up in front of her. "And so, you people just listen to his orders like dogs? How sweet." she snapped at them before she avoided the hands that tried to pull her in. "Not so fast, if you act rashly, we'll crush your loved one." one of the shadow people spoke up, which had an eerie old lady voice. "What the crap are you talking about? They're all outside." Hae Jung growled but they simply laughed at her.
 
The laughters were so loud it started to annoy the hell out of Hae Jung. They were echoing in her mind like broken records. "Stop!" she shouted as she was this close to singing her chant that could kill them when the shadow people started moving a little. She held her tracks and narrowed her eyes. In the dark corner of where all the shadow people stood, they stepped aside to allow her to see something that would definitely catch her eyes. Her eyes widened when she could see Luhan in the grip of the shadow people. His body was held tight by the shadow people. It was like black cloth wrapping around his body when actually those were the hands of the shadow people. Not just one, roughly five of them were holding him. They could instantly crush him in seconds as well as devour him in darkness. "L-Luhan." she croaked his name and she could see Luhan gulping in the dark with a glint of moonlight on his face. "I'm sorry." he whispered as a tear rolled down his cheek.