Apology? Please.

Revenge.

 


P u b l i s h e d   o n : 2 1 / 0 4 / 2 0 1 3
 Chapter Nine  Apology? Please.

"You think I asked for this apology?" she questioned Tao as she took a step closer.

 

 

“I'm dead tired. Xiumin complained as he laid flat on the floor. The rest of the boys followed him as to lay down on the floor and a few of them letting their bodies fall onto the sofa. “Going to college tomorrow is going to be hell.” Chen said as everyone groaned realizing they have to attend college the next day. “Hae Jung is freaking fast.” Chanyeol spoke up, receiving sounds of agreement from everyone. They instantly remembered how she could be in a few places at once because of her great speed. “Brian is the strongest person I’ve ever met.” Suho said as he remembered how Brian could easily lift three of them at once if he wanted to.

“No wonder they’re our trainers, they could easily kill us in a heartbeat if we were to go up against them.” Tao huffed as there was another presence among them but they were too tired to realize anything. “No Sherlock. We’d be done in a minute.” Chen snapped at Tao, causing Tao to let out a heavy sigh.

“Let’s just head to bed now, I can’t even stress how tired I am.” Kris spoke up as he got up.

"Are all of you alright?" Brian questioned as he appeared in the living room. Kris sat back down immediately when he saw Brian in the room.

"Holy !" Tao shouted as he jerked up the moment Brian appeared. "Damn it man! Don't scare us like that!" Kai raised his voice as the rest chuckled, though they were surprised as well. "Lay tried his best to heal us all but he's dead tired too." Suho explained as everyone turned to look at Lay. "Look at that boy, he's sleeping already." Luhan said as everyone felt sorry for the healer in the group. Out of nowhere, Hae Jung appeared beside Brian as she walked around from one boy to another. Healing their wounds with just her hands and voice.

The first person she went to was Tao. Even though the vampire that held him didn't kill him, the vampire did try to crush his ribcage. "Lift up your shirt." she stood in front of Tao as he was sitting down on the couch. "What? No. Who the hell you think you are?" he questioned her as he covered his chest with his hands. Hae Jung let out a heavy sigh before rolling her eyes at the boy. "Fine, if you don't want those bruises on your chest to go away. Be a little ." she cursed at him as she stood up to walk away from him. "W-Wait," Tao called out as he lifted his shirt slowly. What Hae Jung said was true, there were blue black marks all over his chest. "How did you know?" he questioned her as gasps could be heard in the room.

She crouched in front of the boy before placing her hands on the area where there was blue and black marks. She started to hum a familiar lullaby that only Kris could recognize but this time it was longer compared to when she cured Kris's wounds. She lifted her hands from his chest and the marks on his chest were gone. "Anyone else?" she asked as she stood up. "Hae Jung, you can't-" Brian's voice trailed off when she walked over to Luhan, who had cuts on his leg. At this moment, their wounds can't be cured as fast as Brian and Hae Jung. If you were to compare the both parties, Hae Jung and Brian's wounds could be cured less than a minute. While the twelve newborns would take at least an hour as their body had to get used to the whole process. In no time their wounds should be able to be cured just as fast as Brian and Hae Jung's but for now? They needed healing from either Lay or Hae Jung. 

One after another, Hae Jung kept healing their wounds even though she was feeling dead tired. As much as these boys would hate to admit it, they were grateful for her existence. When everyone was fully healed, she transferred some of her energy to Lay who was sound asleep. She held onto his hand and their hands were glowing as she closed her eyes. "W-What is she doing?" Xiumin whispered to Chen, who could only shrug his shoulders. "She's giving him some of her energy. He used up all his energy and sleeping can't really recover his energy that fast. She's doing this so that when he wakes up, he'll have enough energy to go on with his day." Brian explained as Hae Jung let go of Lay's hand, where all the glowing faded away.

Hae Jung's body felt weak now. She didn't only give him some of her energy, she gave him most of her energy. She only had a bit left, which was enough for her to walk back to their own home. "If you need us, you know where to find us." Hae Jung spoke as everyone could sense the change in her voice. They could tell she was feeling really tired, and they felt bad. All eyes were glued on her as she made her way towards the door. "What the hell are you guys staring at? Get some shut eye." she muttered softly before disappearing from their place.

The boys looked at one another, still unsure of what was going on. "Like she said, get some rest and head to college tomorrow. Maybe she won't join us for training tomorrow." Brian shrugged his shoulders a little before leaving. "Guys," Suho voiced up as everyone shifted their gaze to Suho.

"I think we owe someone an apology." everyone nodded their head slowly as they caught on pretty quick on who Suho was talking about. "Who?" Tao asked as everyone gave glares at the boy. "What?" he raised his hands in front of his chest. "You need to apologize to her for being an arrogant ." D.O. pointed at him as a few of them chuckled. "And why should I? It's not like the things I said were wrong." he defended himself as Kris stood up. "You," he pointed at Tao before letting out a sigh.

"just go and apologize. She did so much for us and I get that we have a mutual hate with her but that doesn't mean we should be rude to her. She did save our asses." Kris muttered the last part before heading to his room. Slowly the boys in the living room left to their rooms except for Tao and Lay. He looked over at Lay sleeping soundly at the couch. "Fine, I'll apologize. Only because she saved us."

"I miss you." She croaked up as she hugged him tight. "There, there.." he patted her back as she cried harder in his chest. "Things will be fine, and I'll be alright." he assured her as he looked away. Even he wasn't too sure of the outcome.

"Promise me, nothing will happen to you." She said as she hugged him tight.

"I promise. Nothing will happen to me, my love."

"You really promise?" she questioned as she broke away from the hug to look into his promising brown eyes. He nodded his head before ruffling her hair. "I promise with all my heart. But that doesn't mean you'll ignore the fact that I may di-"

"Shut up, just.. shut up. I can't afford to lose anyone else. You know that." she whispered as he tried hard not to tear up. He gulped before leaning in to press his lips onto her forehead. "I'll fight for you,"

"for us." he whispered into her ears as the grip around her waist tightened when he pulled her closer.

She shot up and opened her eyes, realizing it was all a dream. Instead of feeling warm, she felt cold. She rubbed the sides of her arms before letting out a sigh. She gulped before laying back down on the bed, wiping the beads of sweat on her forehead that was this close to rolling down. "You broke your promise." she muttered softly before pushing herself up to wash up before preparing herself for college. As she stepped out of the house with her bag over her shoulder, she was blocked by a group of boys.

"What the hell?" she cursed as she took a step back to eye each and every one of them. "Uh.." Suho started off as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"W-We're just here to apologize." Kris spoke up as she raised an eyebrow. "Really? What for?" she questioned, even though she knew the reason why. Hae Jung's eyes remained brown, they didn't change color as she stared at all of them. A few of them gulped, and some of them felt like their hands were getting sweaty. "Hae, are you ready to-Oh! Hey!" Brian greeted the boys in front of him as he smiled a little. Brian was always a morning person while Hae Jung was the complete opposite.

"What are you guys doing here?" Brian questioned as he glanced at Hae Jung and the boys. Back and forth he processed everything going on. "Ah, I was interrupting something?" Brian questioned again, but no one answered him. "Look," Tao spoke up this time as it became quiet again. "I'm just here to say sorry. Sorry for being that little diva giving you sarcastic remarks all the time. Happy?" He raised an eyebrow once he finished speaking.

"That's not how you apologize." Luhan elbowed him as he whisper softly into Tao's ears.

Hae Jung let out a soft scoff before rolling her eyes at the boy. "You think I asked for this apology?" she questioned Tao as she took a step closer. Directly speaking to the younger boy in front of her. "I didn't ask for an apology. Nor did I ask for you appear before me in the morning.  I'll admit I'm not the nicest person out there, but I'm decent enough to know my limits."

She backed away from the boy who had just ruin her morning. "And maybe you should know where you stand. The last time I checked, if I hadn't cured your bruises.. You'd be whimpering in pain now." she glanced at the boy behind her all this while before signalling him to walk with her. Brian shook his head slightly before following Hae Jung. "And you," she turned around to point at the healer, who widened his eyes the moment he realized she was pointing at him.

"Don't strain yourself too much. You're a newborn, not God. If you keep this up, your body won't develop well and the outcome won't be pretty. Take it easy, Lay." she turned around to continue walking but she found herself wanting to tell them more of what she was feeling.

"One last thing," she lifted a finger up in the air before turning around.

"I don't need your apology," she pointed at Tao before dropping her hand down. "Save it."