Stay.

Revenge.

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 0 3 / 0 7 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Fifty  Stay.

"Am I not a reason for you to stay?" Luhan asked and everyone could sense the hurt in Luhan's voice.

 

She  her lips before she said, "Luhan, plea-"
 
"Hae Jung, stop. I won't answer that question." her head hung low when Luhan broke the hug and lifted her chin up with two of his fingers. "Let's head back, hmm?" he asked with his eyes widening a little and she nodded her head with a weak smile. "So, hows the training everyone?" Brandon asked as everyone gave a weak smile as they were sitting on the ground in a big circle with Brandon standing in the middle. Hae Jung came with Luhan as they joined the circle. "Finally the two lovebirds are here." Brandon snickered when the rest smiled as they turned to look at Luhan and Hae Jung sitting beside each other closely with Luhan's arms wrapped around Hae Jung' waist.
 
"Did you tell him?" Brian sent a thought and she turned to look at Brian. Brian gave a nod, hoping it was a yes but she shook her head and he could see him sighing. "When do you think you'll tell him? We're reaching Cantron by tonight." She looked away from Brian before she sent a thought back to him. "I don't know alright? It's complicated."
 
"But do you plan to leave?"
 
"That's the problem. I don't know either."
 
"Well you better decide quick, we're leaving now." 
 
True enough, she snapped out of it when Luhan pulled her up by her waist and told her that they were leaving already. She nodded her head as she walked over to sling a bag over her shoulders before she joined the pack of everyone walking towards the direction to Cantron. Soon it was night and they were walking through the forests in the dark. Luhan held onto Hae Jung's hand the whole time and she hasn't said a word since then. It bothered Luhan a little, but he decided he would just talk to her about it when they reach. She was walking aimlessly when everyone stopped walking and she bumped into Luhan who caught her by her waist. He smiled before he lifted her back up until she stood on her feet. "Be careful." he whispered and she gulped before backing away from him.
 
Everyone looked up to see a huge gate and just like that the gate opened, revealing five vampires standing in front of the big house behind them. The house was roughly the same size as the mansion back from where they came from. From there, the five vampires came by and dragged the trainers away from the chosen ones. Luhan's eyes widened for a short while before he relaxed when he noticed it was just a trainer's meeting. The gate closed and one of the Praecipuus Brothers, Dong Hae went up to the chosen ones and explained how the whole situation will be during their time here in Cantron.
 
"You all will be sharing one big room. Don't worry. We have one floor just for all of you to share and sleep together. Be it on the floor, share beds, whatever. That's all up to you but the bottom line is eighteen of you will share one floor."
 
Their eyes widened but Dong Hae smirked. "Don't worry, it's not that small. It'll fit all of you."
 
"What about our trainers?" Yongguk asked and Dong Hae sighed before he turned to look at Hae Jung, Brian, Brandon along with Onew and the guys. "You guys haven't told them?" Dong Hae asked and Siwon hissed. "I was just getting to that." Siwon said before he turned to look back at Onew along with the rest of the trainers in front of them. "Tell us what?" Tao voiced out and Dong Hae shook his head before he turned back to look at Tao. "Your trainers aren't your permenant trainers, you know that right?"
 
"W-What?" Some of them chorused at the same time before they turned to look at their trainers. "If you didn't know, these trainers of yours are actually chosen ones themselves. The only reason why they're training you is because they're capable of training you and that's it. They won't be joining your journey along the whole way unless they choose to. They have a choice to choose but once their choice is made, they can't change their minds."
 
"So what are you saying?" Luhan growled softly before Kris tugged him at his arm, signalling him to put his feelings aside. "What I'm saying is, your trainers can decide to part ways from you guys here. We, the Praecipuus Brothers will take you on as our own from now on. Only until you guys are ready to be free on your own but other than that, you're under our care now." Ryeowook said as he came to stand beside Dong Hae. "So you mean to say our trainers-"
 
"It's either they stick by you now or they leave now. Simple as that. No strings attached." Eunhyuk finished Daehyun's sentence before all the chosen ones turned to look at their trainers. "We've made our decision." Onew and Brian voiced out at the same time before smiling at one another. The chosen ones felt like their heartbeats increased because they wanted to know what their trainers would do. Could their trainers bear to leave them so easily after bonding with them for so long?
 
"I'm staying." Onew smiled before some of the chosen ones ran up to Onew to hug him tight. "Hey, what about me? I'm staying too." Brian said and some of them who hugged Onew earlier, pulled Brian in to join the hug. Brandon chuckled before he shook his head, "I guess I'm staying too."
 
Luhan stared at Hae Jung as he hoped she would say the words he hoped she would say but she didn't say anything. She looked at the other four trainers who haven't made their choice yet. "We're staying." Jonghyun and Key said at the same time before they high fived one another. It was left to Minho and Taemin along with Hae Jung who hasn't said a word up till now. "I'm.." Taemin croaked out and suddenly it became dead silent. "..staying." Taemin grinned before Youngjae and Himchan came to Taemin and hugged him tight. Hae Jung turned to look at Minho who was beside her before Minho gulped.
 
"Are you staying?" she asked Minho who couldn't say a thing. "Are you?" he asked in a shaky breath and she did the same MInho did to her, not answering his question. The two turned to look at Siwon before they sighed. "We need more time to think." Minho said before Hae Jung nodded. "What do you mean by that?" Luhan growled and Hae Jung turned to look at Luhan. "Am I not a reason for you to stay?" Luhan asked and everyone could sense the hurt in Luhan's voice. He hoped that maybe he would be the reason for her to stay. "At all?" Luhan whispered in disbelief before she kept silent. "M-Minho, what are you doing? Say you'll stay!" Onew asked and this time Minho kept silent, not that he was saying anything in the first place. 
 
"Y-You're even thinking of leaving us? After all we've been through?" Taemin spoke up and Minho couldn't say anything back. He too was thinking about a lot of things including with his decision and it didn't help that his closest friends didn't understand him. "Guys it's not what it looks like-" Minho couldn't even finish to explain himself when Jonghyun said, "Oh yeah? Then you shouldn't even need to think if you want to leave! You should say you want to stay!"
 
"Bu-"
 
"We don't mean anything to you?" Key asked and Minho scoffed before he wanted to say something but someone else had their say. "Brian! How can you accept this so easily?!" Luhan shouted at Brian who let out a heavy sigh. "It's her choice."
 
"No it's not!" Luhan raised his voice before Brian didn't know what to say. Of course Brian would feel shattered knowing Hae Jung would leave but he did think of things her way. She's been waiting for so long to have a chance to get her revenge on Zenon. As well as maybe having a chance to break her parents free from Zenon's castle. How long more must she wait? She's been waiting since she was 30 years old as a vampire. It's been roughly two centuries or more now that she's been waiting. How long more? Especially after being toyed by Zenon like that, she was never going to let Zenon get away with it and Brian could understand that, of course with the help of Brandon explaining everything to him.
 
"Luhan, stop." Hae Jung breathed out before she turned around but Luhan appeared in front of her the next second before she could walk away. "No!" he raised his voice before he held onto her shoulders. "Am I not a reason for you to stay?! Can't you see how much I need you?!" He shouted and she shut her eyes tight, not wanting to say anything that she may regret later on. "How can you just pretend like you loved me all this while when you're going to leave me like this?! Answer me!" Hae Jung pushed him off before she clenched her fists. "What's wrong with you?" her voice was cold, and everyone knew better to stay out of this but they couldn't move. They remained standing at where they are as they watched the two argue with one another that may result into a fight.
 
"What's wrong with me? You're asking me that?"
 
"Yeah, I am." She nodded before she scoffed. "Answer me." she raised an eyebrow and Luhan ruffled his own hair. "I love you too much! Alright?!" he roared and gaped open. "I loved you ever since I met you and now I can't seem to just let you walk away like this! Don't I mean just as much? I don't want you to leave or be anywhere where I'm not." he whispered the last sentence softly before she shook her own head. "I-I'm sorry but I need some time to think." she turned around to walk the opposite direction into the forest but she froze when he said, 
 
"So you never loved me?"
 
She used one hand to grip on tightly into her arm as she squeezed her arm tightly to let out all the anger she had inside of her. Her nails clawed into her arm and blood came out a little but she felt no pain. How is he acting like he's the only one having all the problems? Like he's the only one that could act this way? "All of this was just a joke to you? My heart, my feelings, my love was all a joke?" he asked bluntly and she turned around to glare at him. "You can't even say any-"
 
"That's enough!" She shouted at him before everyone jerked up at her sudden outburst. She pulled out her hand that was gripping onto her arm earlier and everyone could clearly see how angry she was. Her wound sealed up before she wiped the blood onto her pants. They knew she was going to let him have it now. "Don't you once ever think about how I would feel? Just because I act like I don't have a heart doesn't mean I don't. I do, and you know how my heart is right now?" she asked before she walked back towards Luhan until she stood in front of him. "Answer me, do you know how I'm feeling?" she asked before she pushed him by his shoulder, making him take a step back and he pressed his lips together. "That's right, you don't." she shook her head before she scoffed. "Hell I didn't even got the chance to explain to you how things were for me but since you act like you know everything, fine. Everything you said was true. I never loved you and I was just playing with your heart all this while."
 
"Do you feel good about being right now? Were those the words you were hoping I'd say?" she asked and there wasn't a single smile on Luhan's face. "C'mon! Answer me!" She shouted at him and he was this close to letting a tear roll down his cheek but he held back when she went on. "To think I was going to stay because of you. To think that I was going to let go of all the plans I have ahead of me just for you,"
 
"But now?" She raised her voice as she shook her head. "I don't know what I want anymore." she shrugged her shoulders before she took a step back after letting out a heavy breath. "I don't know what I want anymore." she repeated the same words before she turned around and disappeared. Luhan let a tear roll down his cheek before his breathings got a little more heavier. He felt pats on his backs but they were useless when in the next second he disappeared. "Minho? What about you?" Kyuhyun asked softly before Minho looked at his close friends before gulping. Onew, Jonghyun, Key and Taemin instantly felt guilty for not even hearing Minho out but they just ganged up on him like that.
 
"M-Minho we're sor-" Onew couldn't even finish his sentence when Minho cut him off.
 
"I'll be back with an answer." Minho said as he turned around and walked away without sparing a glance at his friends.