Try.

Revenge.


P u b l i s h e d   o n : 1 2 / 0 5 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Twenty-One  Try.

"Why should I? I'd rather die."

 

Luhan played with his fingers as he couldn’t fall asleep. He stared at the ceiling with a deep feeling in his gut. “Where the hell are they?” he whispered softly but he caught the attention of the boy sharing the same room as him. “Who are you talking to?” Kris asked as Luhan sat up to look at him. “N-Nothing.” He waved a hand before lying down on the bed. Kris got up to walk towards Luhan’s bed. He punched Luhan’s arm gently before Luhan turned to look at him. “What?”

“Don’t hide it from me. What’s wrong?” Luhan shut his eyes before letting out a heavy sigh. He sat up and Kris sat down beside him on the bed. “Kai and Baekhyun are out.”

“Out?” Kris’s eyes widened as his head bobbed forward just a little.

Kai instantly grabbed Baekhyun’s arm before attempting to teleport them back to the house. As impossible as that sounds, it was his last hope before he would want to take on the vampire that had just said that. The moment Kai tried to teleport he was pulled away by the vampire. “NO!” Kai shouted as he flew across the forest as his sight of Baekhyun was gone. “Don’t you ing hurt him!” He barked at the vampire but he could only smirk at Kai’s rage. “I see you’re still underdeveloped.”

“Your face is underdeveloped.” Kai snapped back as the vampire gave a hard slap on his face before glaring at him.

“As long as you cooperate with me, everything will be fine.” The vampire ‘smiled’ at Baekhyun. Baekhyun growled before putting his hands together to form a tiny glow bomb that he had learnt earlier today. “Who the hell are you?” Baekhyun questioned as he was ready to throw it at the vampire who stood before him. Under the moonlight his features was clearer. He had blond hair, his eyes were slightly red and he had incredibly fair skin. And he thought his friends were fair, not Kai though. “My name?” He breathed out. “Just answer me!” Baekhyun shouted as the vampire raised his brows in shock at first, until it lowered in amusement. “You’re a snappy one.”

“Name’s Kevin. Is that enough information for you?” His eyes darkened when Baekhyun tossed the glow ball at him. It remained on his shirt and Kevin reached for it to crush it with his hand. Kevin’s eyes widened as Baekhyun took this opportunity to run and find Kai. “Don’t even try to run.” The vampire taunted Kai as he chased after him from the back. The vampire had Kai under his hands like a puppet. This was just a little game for him to play on Kai to make him waste his energy and power. “Baekhyun?!” Kai’s eyes widened when Baekhyun pulled him behind a tree before he could teleport. “Who are these guys?!” Baekhyun hissed as Kai turned around only to find the vampire behind them already. “!” He cursed before he tried to teleport himself and Baekhyun away but he was too slow. The vampire pounced on the both of them and Kevin came by not too long after he hand both of them on the ground.

“Who the hell are you guys?!” Kai shouted as the vampire placed a foot on Kai’s neck. “For a newbie, you’re pretty gutsy.” Kai tried to reach for Baekhyun’s hand even though a foot was being pressed on his neck a little bit harder for each second he tried to reach for his hand to teleport him away but Kevin took out a gun. This wasn’t an ordinary gun, it was a silver gun loaded with silver bullets designed to spread silver poison into a vampire’s immune system. Most likely like the dagger Hae Jung was stabbed with previously. “Kevin, go get them here. I’ll make sure they won’t run.” Kevin nodded before he tossed his gun at his partner before disappearing. “At least tell us your name.” Kai managed to squeeze out as the vampire’s lips formed a small ‘o’ shape. “Get your foot off him!” Baekhyun cried as the vampire could only smile. “My my my, I haven’t introduced myself?” he chuckled before the smile on his face dropped.

“AJ. Now shut up.” He aimed the gun at Kai before moving his foot away from his neck. Kai took in deep breaths before brushing the dirt away from his neck. “Not so fast.” He aimed the gun at Baekhyun when he saw that Baekhyun was putting his hands together. “Hands on the ground.” He warned as Baekhyun followed his orders except for Kai. He lingered the gun back at Kai’s direction. “You’re not following orders?”

“Why should I? I’d rather die.”

“Kai!” Baekhyun hissed as he gulped. “Just follow what he says.” Kai reluctantly placed his hands on the ground before avoiding both Baekhyun and AJ’s eyes. “I like you.” AJ smirked as he nodded at Baekhyun. “Don’t try to flatter yourself. I just don’t want you to hurt us.” Baekhyun’s voice sounded cold this time, it actually sent shivers down AJ’s spine. AJ backed away as Kai turned to give Baekhyun a look. Baekhyun let out a heavy silent sigh before attempting to get up. “What do you think you’re doing?” AJ questioned as he cocked his gun before aiming it at Baekhyun’s forehead. “Calm down! I’m just getting up!” he hissed as AJ glared at Baekhyun. The moment Baekhyun got up his hands formed a glow ball and he managed to toss it onto AJ’s chest. Before it exploded Kai reached for Baekhyun’s leg to teleport them out of the forest.

The glow ball exploded just after Kai teleported them away from where they were. With his condition now the distance is too far to teleport back home. Kai lied down on the ground as Baekhyun helped him up. “We need to get out of here before we get killed!” Baekhyun hissed as he slinged Kai’s arm over his shoulder. Kai was trying to breathe properly as previously he wasn’t getting much air. “Where do you think you’re going?” AJ reappeared in front of the two, lingering the gun in front of them. “I recommend the two of you stop moving unless you want to die instantly.” He smirked the moment they froze.

“Alright I can’t take this anymore!” Luhan cried as he shot up from his bed. “Where are you going?” Kris asked as he switched on the lights. Luhan didn’t answer him. Instead he made his way downstairs and sat down by the dining table. He could sense something was deeply wrong and he rubbed his temples as Kris took a seat in front of him with a worried look on his face. “Luhan what are you-“ Luhan hushed him as he shut his eyes tight to focus.

“Yeah, it’s been a long time since I’ve killed that many vampires.” Hae Jung smiled as a thought appeared her mind. “H-Hae Jung.” She heard a voice calling into her mind. She didn’t know who it was from, but she definitely could send a thought back to who it came from. “Who are you?” she send a thought back as Yunho nudged her shoulder but she waved a hand before walking away from him from a spare moment. They had killed most of the vampires that were entering the Dynastrican Castle at Tragen, where all Dynarion Clan members would stay at except for Hae Jung’s group and Jonghyun’s group. This was where most newborns would stay at apart from the chosen ones. All the leaders would stay here too, taking care of matters in Tragen and constantly going to the Cattrige territory to make sure they don’t pull off anything funny.

The chosen ones are assigned to live with their trainers which is far away from the Dynastrican Castle which is why Hae Jung and Jonghyun lived away from the castle. “I-It’s Luhan.” Her eyes widened when she swore she heard the voice saying ‘Luhan.’

“Is there something wrong?” Yunho asked as she shook her head to listen closely just in case any other thought came. “Luhan? What’s wrong there? Is everything alright?” she let out a heavy sigh before running her fingers through her hair with frustration. “Luhan! Answer me!” she sent a thought back quickly as another thought came into her mind. “We need help!” he managed to send through as she looked at Yunho. “I need to get back there, now.” Yunho gulped before nodding his head. He reached for her hand and used his powers to make her go back to where the boys were. It would take too much time if she were to run there. It was possible, but too time consuming. She knew she had to go be there now. She closed her eyes and felt like she was riding a rollercoaster when in reality she was up in the air being pushed by a strong wind.

Slowly she was being placed down to the ground and she opened her eyes. “Hurry.” She heard a thought enter her mind and she knew it was Yunho. “Thanks.” She sent a thought back as he replied with a short “Don’t sweat it.” She kicked open the door to reveal Luhan sitting by the dining table with Kris. “What the hell is wrong?” she raised her voice as she entered the house. Luhan and Kris shot up from their seats and soon a few boys came down. “H-Hae Jung?” Lay raised an eyebrow as Baekhyun and Sehun came down. She walked up to Luhan and shook him by his shoulders. “What happened?!” She shouted as he gulped.

Soon, Kai and Baekhyun were surrounded by a few other vampires. Kai clicked his tongue before they tied both of them up with a rope that seemed impossible to break. They had no idea what kind of rope it was, but it was tight. AJ and Kevin were walking behind them as another two vampires were in front of them. If they were to escape, it would be pointless but they knew they had to try. “Baekhyun,” Kai whispered softly, the four vampires weren’t paying attention. They focused more on heading back to Cattrige. “What?” he gulped as Kai eyed the vampires in front and behind them. “We have to try to escape. Once they bring us back there, we’re done for.” He whispered as Baekhyun used the corner of his eyes to look at the vampires that were leading them back there.

“I know, but how?” he whispered back as Kai had an idea that popped into his mind. “I think I can teleport us away from here but can you try to break the rope with your glow bomb?” he whispered as Baekhyun gulped. “I don’t know if that will work.” He whispered back as Kai rolled his eyes. “We have to try something!” he raised his voice a little too loud, catching the attention of the vampires behind them. “Keep it down and shut up.” AJ snapped at them as Kai looked away from Baekhyun. “Let’s try it.” Kai stepped closer towards Baekhyun and Kevin pushed him away. “Don’t stand so close to one another.” Kai let out a hiss before turning around to kick Kevin at his chest and he reached for Baekhyun’s hands easily as their hands were tied in front of them. “Hey! They’re escaping!” AJ shouted as he tried to shoot Kai with the silver gun but Kai had teleported them away.