Pride.

Revenge.

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 1 3 / 0 7 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Fifty-Seven  Pride.

"We're not backing down."

 
Hae Jung managed to break free from the ropes and she untied herself after fumbling with the rope after a while. She fell onto the ground the moment the ropes were untied and she could hear gasps in the room. She lifted her head only to meet with a pair of eyes whom she know so well. She couldn't feel her legs because of all the burning she received earlier. She dragged herself closer towards the forcefield before gaped open when she recognize these faces so well. The woman on the other side placed her hand on the forcefield, in hopes her daughter would do the same. Hae Jung saw the palm on the forcefield and as an instinct, Hae Jung lifted her hand up to press her palm against the palm on the other side on the forcefield. "Hae Jung?" Hae Hwa called out and Hae Jung's breathings got heavier before she managed to whisper a soft "M-Mom?"

Hae Hwa couldn't hear Hae Jung's voice but she could make up what she was saying based on how her lips moved. Hae Jung's eyes gazed to the man beside her mother, her father. "D-Dad.." She called out softly and Kwan Jung nodded his head before he smiled at her. From the corner on the other side of the forcefield, a man's figure caught Hae Jung's eyes and her eyes widened as she used her other hand to point at that man. The man came closer and closer to reveal himself and Hae Jung's hand fell onto the ground when she saw the face of the man. His features were the exact same features she's seen before in the portraits in the castle. He had grey hair which was long until his shoulder length but it wasn't messy. He didn't look old nor does he look young. Maybe he was on the process of looking old but there was no lying he looked young a little.
 
"N-No, it can't be." Hae Jung breathed out and the man sat down on the ground on the other side of her mother before Hae Jung continued to stare at the man. The man looked like no other than King Alaric. The king who is said to be dead. The tales of this king that spreaded like wildfire was known to be dead. Not locked up down in this special dungeon for centuries. Just what was going on? Why someone as powerful as Alaric was not able to break free from this? Then it hit her. Possibly Zenon had tricked his own brother into entering this room, thus making him lose their power. Maybe there was something that Zenon and his men were wearing to prevent them from being affected by this but there was nothing much they could do about it.
 
"K-King Alaric?" She croaked out softly even though it was impossible for him to hear her but he managed to make up the words she was saying. In this situation, he made up the name she was saying. He gave a nod before her eyes widened even more when she pushed herself off the ground, attempting to stand but it was hard as she took a good look at the three people in front of her. She didn't know the sight of which of them made her feel like she was going insane. The fact that the long (supposingly dead and gone) lost king, her mother and her father was standing in front of her just pushed her off the edge of gripping onto her sanity.
 
"Alright. We have split you guys into groups of three. There shall be six groups altogether coming in from different angles of the castle." Kris explained and everyone nodded their head. "We managed to get ahold of the structure of the castle. All in all there are over twenty floors in this castle excluding underground floors. Hae Jung may be anywhere inside that castle." Yongguk explained further as he held up a piece of paper with the floor plan of the castle. "If you're wondering how we got this, don't. The mini library downstairs has many great resources." Yongguk smirked when some of them gaped their mouth open.
 
"Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Daehyun, group one. Kyungsoo, Sehun and me, group two. Tao, Kris and Zelo, group three. Kai, Luhan and Himchan, group four. Suho, Lay and Youngjae, group five. Chen, Xiumin and Jongup, group six. Split to your groups now." Yongguk said and everyone sat according to their group members. "Alright, now we'll seperate the tasks on who should take on which side. We'll have to plan approximately how long we'll be there. The faster we get her, the faster we can get out of there." Suho explained and everyone nodded their heads. "It is said that there's this dungeon underground where hold our group members as hostages, but in this case they are kept as Zenon's collection. If it's possible, we should break them free as well." Luhan explained further and everyone seemed to sink in the information given.
 
"Each group will have this floor plan of the castle with little marks on where you all should enter from or which places you should go once you're in the castle. The vampires guarding around there are strong so we need to be quick, fast and silent. Patience and speed is key. There are books in the library you can use as your reference to see how it's like before we take our plan into action. We have two days to prepare and get ready for this. We can't risk letting Hae Jung stay in that castle for too long. God knows what Zenon has up in his sleeves for her." Luhan growled softly before Kris and Suho passed out the floor plans to each group before the groups decide to spread out around the house to get with their plannings.
 
Luhan's eyes widened when he felt this weird feeling in his heart. He gulped before placing a hand over his chest as he felt his heartbeat. He shut his eyes tight and images of Hae Jung flashed up in his mind. From when he first laid eyes on her from so far till the last time he shared a kiss with her. He opened his eyes only to realize those were the memories that kept him going into striving to be the better person he was today even if he had just met her. He gulped before letting his hand fall to his side. "I'm coming after you, wait for me." He whispered before he turned around to get busy with the rest. They didn't have much time until their plan would come into reality and they had to make sure they were quick with the arrangements before their trainers get back.
 
Hae Jung placed her hand on the forcefield and light emitted from her ring Kyle gave her. It shined so bright, the four in the room shut their eyes tight but opened them when the light died down. Soon, the forcefield separating the girl from her parents along with the long lost king was gone. gaped open and for the first time in many decades, she was lost for words. Nothing would come out from other than her breath that she was exhaling. She looked down slowly at the ring on her finger. This was more than just an ordinary ring. Her gaze from the ring diverted away to the two people hugging her tightly, her parents.
 
"It's been so long." She could hear her mother breathe out as she felt the warmth of her mother's hug. It's been so long since she had the chance to be this close with her mother. "M-My daughter.." her father croaked out and she could feel her left side receiving a tighter squeeze compared to her right side and she knew her father was on her left side. "D-Dad?" She muttered softly and that was the only word she could let out. She couldn't even begin to tell them how much she missed them when a tear rolled down her cheek. Even her parents knew it was rare for her to cry but in this case, anyone would. "I'm so so sorry." Hae Hwa let a tear roll down her face before she caressed her daughter's cheek with her hand. Hae Jung could only let her body tremble at the touch of her parents again, there was nothing much she could react to.
 
"I think now is time." Alaric voiced out, breaking the family reunion between the three. "Are you sure?" Kwan Jung said as he looked up to meet with Alaric's eyes without tearing his arms away from his daughter. "Yes. It's time we broke out of here. If he's going to break the treaty rules by harming my people, I say it's about time that I.." Alaric gave out a sigh before he opened his eyes. "..took the rightful responsibility as king. For the people, for peace, for everyone." Alaric nodded his head before Kwan Jung got up to stand in front of Alaric. "What do we do? We don't have our powers when we're in here."
 
Alaric took a moment to think as well as Kwan Jung. On the other hand, Hae Hwa was enveloping her daughter in her arms as her daughter's head rested on her lap. "You've grown so beautifully." Hae Hwa breathed out before her daughter smiled weakly before she attempting to place a hand on her mother's cheek but her hand fell to the ground when her eyes rolled back and nothing can be seen by Hae Jung but darkness. "N-NO!" Hae Hwa shouted as she shook her own daughter's body. "She's weak from all the burning. If we were to escape, we need to carry her back as quick as we can." Alaric said before the three started to think deeply on how they should escape.
 
"Progress?" Suho came around to check on everyone and they just gave a nod as they were deep into their discussions with their groups. Discussing about who should do what, what should be done if a problem occurs, which group would be closest to them if they needed more backup. Because they only had to rely on eighteen of them to carry out this plan. If they were to go to the leaders to seek for help, they would instantly turn down their idea of carrying out this plan no matter how effective this plan might be.
 
Luhan sighed as he stared at the floor plan. He was done with his discussion with Kai and Himchan a while ago. In fact they were the first group to finish planning and discussing. They didn't have much to discuss about anyway, it was all just their communication they had to work on. "Stop doing that." Himchan snapped at Luhan who raised an eyebrow before he lifted his head to look at Himchan. "Do what?" Luhan raised and eyebrow as Himchan scoffed. "Stop acting as if you're dead without her. You were fine with her and you'll be fine now. If this is the attitude you'll have when we go and fight, don't even think we can get through the first few floors we're assigned to."
 
Kai nodded slowly as the words Himchan said had made sense. Sure they were blunt and not candy coated but they were nothing but the truth. What Luhan needs now is pure focus. If he doesn't focus on this, everything will be messed up and there won't be a chance they'll get out alive, especially when they're not seeking help from the trainers or the leaders. They were in another room, supposingly the room they were in was Minho's room. Basically a room that Minho would usually sleep in when he was here. Kai was looking around the room when something caught his eye. A red string dangling from one of the drawers. Kai got up and walked towards the drawer before Himchan and Luhan diverted their attention to the boy who opened the drawer.
 
The drawer contained nothing but a piece of paper along with the red string. He furrowed his eyebrows before he lifted up the paper. The two boys watching him came to his side and peeked over his shoulder to see what he was reading. On the front it was written,
 
"To the chosen ones. (Just in case you need a little.. 'help'.) - Minho"
 
"What is this?" Luhan whispered before Himchan gestured Kai to open the note.
 
"I know someday that one of you will be in my room planning something right? Don't even try to wonder how the hell I know, I've been through this before. I have. Therefore, I should give you a little heads up, no? To make your sailings easier.
 
That is, if you can handle the boat.
 
Here's what you need to do. There will be a red string in this same drawer you find this note. Take that string and head down six floors from this room until you enter the underground floors of this house. Once you reach down there, you can choose to either turn left, right or straight. Head seven steps forward and to your right there will be another hallway. Enter that hallway until you reach the end which would be a dead end with nothing but a golden brick on the wall. Place the red string on top of the golden brick, and well.. I shouldn't ruin the surprise.
 
Good luck, and do what you need to do. Have faith in yourself and I believe you all can do it. 
 
With or without us by your side,
Minho."
 
"Damn." Himchan breathed out before Kai reached for the red string. He turned left and right to take a glance at Luhan and Himchan. "What else are we waiting for? Let's go." Kai said as Himchan and Luhan held onto his arm and Kai teleported them to a few floors down. "One," Kai said as he teleported them to one floor down. "Two," Second floor. "Three," Third floor down. "Four," Two more to go. "Five," Just one more. "Six." Kai breathed out when he finally reached the sixth floor. "Why couldn't you just teleport us six floors down directly?" Himchan asked and Luhan scoffed. "Don't push your luck, Chan." Luhan snapped at Himchan who raised two hands in front of his chest before backing away. "Alright, now seven steps to the front." Kai said as the three boys took seven steps to the front only to turn their heads to the right to look down at a hall. 
 
"And he was right." Luhan breathed out and Luhan was the first one to walk down the hall with Kai and Himchan following him. When they reached the end, Kai passed Luhan the red string and true enough there was a golden brick. Luhan placed the red string onto the golden brick before the brick turned red slowly. Luhan gulped before he pulled the red string away. The red brick (which was golden before this), sink into the walls to create a hole. Pretty soon, a few bricks sink into the hole and formed a door right in front of their eyes. Himchan gulped before he stood in front of Luhan. "I'll go in first." Himchan breathed out as if anything would happen to anyone, he felt like it should be him.
 
When he twisted the door open, lights immediately came on to reveal a storage room filled with things they'd never thought they'd find here. Take it as a sci-fi room filled with weapons and gadgets they could use to kill vampires easily. There was a wall filled with swords and knives that were coated with quicksilver, which was made out of quicksilver too. There was a table filled with injection needles with the labels on the tube. They were either antidotes or quicksilver poisons. On one side they had a wall filled with just guns. Shotguns, machine guns, pistols, you name it. "Are you," Luhan breathed out before Kai continued.
 
"Freaking,"
 
"Kidding me." Himchan was the last one to finish the sentence before they looked around in awe. No wonder Minho called this as help. With these equipments, it would be very much easier to attack the vampires. But the thing is that they can't kill the vampires, they would only need to knock them out. If they were to kill any vampires there before the war is declared, it would be against the treaty rules. Once the treaty is broken, anyone can kill anyone. "Kai, get the rest down here." Luhan whispered to Kai and soon Kai teleported away from here to bring the rest of everyone down here. Luhan and Himchan walked around the room as they took whatever they think they might need. Luhan stood in front of the table filled with injection needles and he saw the one with the label, 'Quicksilver poison antidote'. He carefully lifted the glass up before he took a few of them into his pocket. "What did you take?" Himchan asked as Himchan was checking out some of the knives. "Nothing." Luhan answered simply before Luhan turned around to look at the guns.
 
"We should leave by midnight. We can't stay here and let Zenon plan on what he wants to do to us. It'll be brutal if he thinks of anything torturing in here. Especially to Hae Jung. I know my brother well." Alaric explained as the four of them were sitting in a circle on the ground. They found out that they were powerless but Hae Jung's ring contained some sort of magic that could possibly burst the door open but even with that, it can't gurantee that they can get out but it was worth the shot. Alaric knew a thing or two about the ring Hae Jung was wearing. If she can use her mind to activate the powers in that ring, that would be their ticket out of here. "When do we do it?" Hae Hwa asked before Alaric looked at the three family members who had just reunited with one another. With the three of them and himself as a pack, he was determined that they could escape. "We leave tonight."
 
"Everyone got their earpieces in their ear?" Yongguk asked as everyone checked at one side of their ear to check if they had it in. They've found another door in that storeroom filled with weapons that leaded to another room filled with communication gadgets. Gadgets they didn't know existed but they soon found out that these were all Minho's creations along with Onew, Brian and Brandon's help. Hae Jung was the one who thought of the injection needles. They knew about who created what because they found a book showing who was responsible for which creation. Luhan smirked when he saw Hae Jung's name listed down on the creation of injection needles. However, these needles are pretty special as once you inject it in that person's body, it can't be removed until the chemicals inside the tube is in the person's body. It was indeed deadly and silent.
 
The one who created the ear pieces were Brandon. These ear pieces can allow the eighteen of them to communicate without having to meet one another because not everyone has the power to communicate with their minds. So these ear pieces were really a bonus and a great help for them as even when they speak with just the ear pieces on, they could hear one another clearly. Thank you, Brandon. "Ready?" Suho asked as they stood outside of the house with ear pieces in their ears and their body secretly hidden with the weapons they could use if they end up in a deadly situation. "Do you think we should carry on with our plan?" Kris asked but no one had second thoughts of backing down. They've planned too much, trained a lot and wanted to prove themselves worth to back down now. If they were to die, they would die with pride for their clan. "We're not backing down." A few of them chorused at the same time. "Alright, move out."