Luhan.

Revenge.

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 1 7 / 0 7 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Sixty-Two  : Luhan.

"I don't want the amulet, I want you back."

 
It was a long journey back to the castle, but it was worth it when everyone reached there. The moment a few chosen ones stood in front of the door, it flung open to reveal Siwon along with Ryeowook. Everyone entered the castle and the leaders of the Dynarion clan stared at the chosen ones who came in. They were injured, be it getting stabbed, scratched or even getting shot with quicksilver bullets. Some even got bitten by the Minotaurs but thank God they backed away just in time they would get eaten. The moment Luhan came in, he fell to his knees with Hae Jung in his hands. "I'm sorry." Luhan breathed out as he was still in tears but Hae Hwa's eyes widened when she saw Luhan acting this way. Everyone seemed to be gathering in the big hall once you enter the castle. The chosen ones who were injured were taken away up to the rooms to rest and get healed by some of the leaders.
 
There was nothing to say at the moment. It was important for them to get some rest first. Any arguments, discussions of what they've done would be talked about later. Moreover, they couldn't possibly go all out on them when Alaric is back. There was finally someone to sit on the rightful throne again. "How?" Kwan Jung asked as he kneeled down in front of Luhan carrying Hae Jung in his arms. "C-Can I hold her in my arms?" Hae Hwa asked before Luhan gulped. He looked up to see Hae Hwa's tears forming in her eyes. Reluctantly he handed her over before Hae Hwa got up and walked away. Not knowing where she went, Luhan shot up but Kwan Jung stood up and pulled him for a hug. "Stop crying." Kwan Jung whispered before he Luhan's back.
 
As much as Kwan Jung wanted to break down, he wasn't the kind to shed tears. He was the kind to prevent them. You could clearly see where Hae Jung gets her habits from. Some even wondered how Minho is doing right now, but let's just say he finally found happiness when his sister isn't under Zenon's grip anymore. Nor was she in grave danger anymore especially when she's with Minho. She was looking for him the same time he was looking for her and just, let's just leave it at there when they decided to come and help out the chosen ones. After a few days, no one really knows the situation of what's going on and everything was going haywire.
 
"Lay, come with me." Hae Hwa said as she reached for Lay's hand. Currently, the chosen ones were sharing rooms. Three of them in one room as Hae Jung's body was in the same room Zelo's body was. Their bodies were cleaned up and dressed with casual clothing before they were laid down on the bed. "Yes?" Lay asked before he followed Hae Jung's mother blindly to a room when after a while of walking he realized where she was taking him. "W-Why are we coming here?" Lay asked as he wasn't too sure if he could see the faces of the two people who were once close to him but now they were dead. "Yes, now please come with me." She said as she opened the door and nudged him to go in. From there, Alaric came in along with Kwan Jung.
 
Now Lay was a bit afraid. What was going on that only him out of eighteen of the others weren't chosen? "We're going to need your help in reviving them." Kwan Jung simply stated before Lay swallowed, hard. Is that even possible? Of course Lay didn't say that out loud. He might get slapped across the face for that. "D-Does this work?" Lay asked softly before Alaric sighed. "We have never done rituals like these in a long time because we'd alway lack the amount of healers we have. We've lost all our healers in the previous wars and the only ones left were us three."
 
"No matter how many other powerful vampires we've had, none of them could help out in the rituals. Now that we have you, it's worth the try to revive them back. If this doesn't work then.." Hae Hwa's voice trailled off before Lay nodded his head before he sighed. "What do I need to do?"
 
"Everyone, gather down in the hall now." Kris went around informing everyone before he himself made his way down to the hall. "L-Luhan, we have to go down to the hall." Tao nudged Luhan who reluctantly got up and walked out of the door mindlessly. He nearly tripped down the stairs but Himchan caught him by his arm. Even Himchan couldn't say anything right now. He lost a friend after all. Everyone gathered downstairs before they sat down in a huge group. They stiffen when the leaders came to stand in front of them along with the Praecipuus Brothers. Onew, Taemin, Key, Jonghyun, Brian and Brandon were on guard duty outside the castles, just in case anything or anyone would come and attack.
 
"You all understand that what you boys did, was against the rules, right?" One of the leaders asked before they all nodded their heads. "Do you think you deserve to be punished?" Siwon asked but they kept silent. Sure, yes. They broke the rules but hell, they only did it to bring Hae Jung back. If it wasn't for them, King Alaric or even Hae Jung's parents wouldn't be back here. Shouldn't they deserve a little bit of cre- "Don't answer that because you all don't deserve it." Siwon finished his sentence before their eyes widened.
 
"W-What?" Suho croaked out before Ryeowook smiled. "You all did what we thought no one would do. And that is sacrificing for your own trainers no matter how sternly they tell you not to."
 
"This only shows that you care a lot that you would go against the rules," Kyuhyun said before he narrowed his eyes at the boys. "Which I assume won't happen again, right?" They slowly nodded their heads before one of the leaders took a step forward. "Luhan, Yongguk, Himchan, Kris, Suho and Youngjae, stand up."
 
He cleared his throat before repeating the words, "Stand up."
 
The six boys got up before they walked towards the leader who had called them out. They stood in front of him in a straight line but he didn't say anything. "Kyungsoo, Tao, Daehyun, Chen, Chanyeol and Baekhyun." Another leader called out before the six got up and stood in front of the leader. The remaining five headed towards the last leader who motioned them to stand up and told them to come forward. "From now on, you all will be under our training care."
 
"However, now your trainings will be different as now you all will be trainers." The first leader smiled before their eyes widened. 
 
"T-Trainers?" Tao croaked out before the leaders smiled. "Yes, trainers. It is ordered by King Alaric and we approve of it. You all are capable of training others but first you need to train with us to train others. Got it?"
 
"I said, got it?"
 
"Y-Yes sir."
 
"Now go rest, take a hike or something. Training only begins next week. Except Luhan, see us for a moment." The leaders said before they turned around to head to wherever they needed to go in the castle. Everyone stared at Luhan as he cautiously walked towards them before he raised an eyebrow. "You wanted to see me?"
 
Without saying a thing, one of the leaders put an amulet over Luhan's neck. His eyes widened as he looked down on his chest where he could see the red amulet shaped like a tear drop. Somehow it's like he's seen this before he couldn't tell where he's seen it. "You.. are a prodigy."
 
Luhan's eyes widened even more before he took off the amulet to look at it in his hands. "What do you mean?" He croaked out softly before they smiled at him. "It means, you're going to be training with the Praecipuus Brothers to be a leader now. Congratulations." Another trainer said before he stook Luhan's hand. At this moment, he couldn't even blink until he turned around to walk back to s as he hid the amulet from them, not wanting to make a big deal out of this but they were already informed that Luhan was going to be a leader.
 
"Can you believe that." Kyungsoo breathed out but the smiles on their faces faded away. Sure, that was their reason to be happy now that they were going to be trainers but how could they be happy when they lost- "Why is everyone so sad?" A voice spoke up behind everyone. They turned around only to widen their eyes and some even stumbled backwards. There stood Zelo, perfectly fine with a smile on his face. He looked a little pale, but he was definitely alive. Yongguk ran up to Zelo and hugged him tight before the rest followed his cue to hug him.
 
"H-Hey! Give me some air to breathe!" Zelo shouted before everyone backed away, afraid they would break him as if he was a piece of China.
 
"Y-You, how?" Yongguk was lost for words until he broke down in tears. Zelo wiped Yongguk's tears away before he smiled but he didn't answer Yongguk yet. He turned to look at Luhan. Luhan's eyes widened before Zelo walked towards Luhan. "You need to be in the room I was in right now. J-Just go there." Zelo stuttered between his words as Luhan didn't hesitate to run all the way up the stairs to where Hae Jung's body was but the room was empty. When he got into the room he was only greeted with the faces of Alaric, Hae Hwa and Kwan Jung who were just about to leave the room. Lay was also in the room but he left before the other three left. His lips parted before he turned to look at the bed Hae Jung's body should be. "W-Where is she?" He asked nervously but they wouldn't answer him.
 
They just left the room and shut the door tight. He run his fingers through his hair before he dragged himself towards the bed. He placed his hands on the bed before he buried his face onto the soft mattress as he imagined her body on the bed before he shed silent tears. His hands run through the bed only to grip onto his amulet. He held onto the amulet tighter before he lifted up his face where he eyed the amulet carefully. "I don't want the amulet, I want you back." He breathed out before he slipped the ring into his fingers before he pushed himself up from the ground.
 
When he turned around he froze when he saw the girl he's been crying for as the days go by. When he thought he had lost her for eternity, life turned out to prove him wrong when she took small steps towards him. When she stood in front of him, he dropped the amulet to the ground as she breathed out before she bent down to reach for the amulet. Once she saw the amulet, she had automatically knew that Luhan was a prodigy. She took a step closer towards Luhan, who still couldn't move as she put the amulet around his neck. Then she reached for his hand and placed it on her chest, above her heart. He gazed to where his hand was on before he gulped. He could feel her heartbeat that was beating in a calm pace while his was this close to exploding. He blinked at her before she gave him a smile.
 
He still couldn't move, and he doesn't notice it but he was holding his breath the whole time as he analyzed the girl in front of him. Her cheeks were fine, there was no burnt marks at her temples. He gazed down to her stomach where he slowly reached to place his palm on it gently, afraid that it would sting her but she felt nothing but warmth because of his palm. His lips parted before it hit him in the face that she was perfectly fine. He didn't hesitate to pull his hand back from her stomach before he pulled her in for a tight hug. She wrapped her arms around his waist before he rested his chin on her shoulder before enveloping her frame that fitted perfectly in his arms.
 
"Congratulations." She whispered before he hushed her. "Stop talking. Just.." He couldn't go on as he just wanted to appreciate the silence for a moment. He placed one hand on her back, only to feel that there wasn't any wound on her back anymore. He knew this had to be the doings of the three vampires that were in this room a moment ago. Hae Jung, who understood how he must've felt, just nodded her head. All this while it would be Luhan losing her, not the other way around so she wouldn't know how he felt and she was thankful for that because after all she's been through with Kyle, she doesn't think she'll be able to afford to think how it'll feel like if she lost Luhan. 
 
In all honesty, if someone had to lose someone here, she'd rather be the one getting lost instead of her losing Luhan.
 
After a few minutes that felt like forever, just remaining in that position, she felt like the mood was right. She broke the hug slowly, which he allowed before she cupped his cheeks. His eyes widened a little at her actions but when she pressed her lips onto his, he shut his eyes tight before returning the kiss with his hands at the sides of her waist. He deepened the kiss when he allowed her to lead him to the bed behind him. He keep taking small steps back until the back of his knees touched the edge of the bed. He sat down before she pushed him back until he lied down on him with his arms wrapping around her waist this time. She broke the kiss before she rested her forehead on his.
 
She could see his eyes perfectly, as his eyes were open with him taking in deep breaths. Her hands were now pressed on his chest as he buried his face in the crook of her neck. "Luhan." She called him out softly before he planted a kiss on her neck. He wouldn't answer her as he planted a soft kiss on her neck. A kiss that manage to make Hae Jung feel herself shuddering in the insides, thank God not on the outside. She felt a desire of wanting more of him when he slowly trailled soft, butterfly kisses from her neck all the way to her chin. He stopped as he leaned back a little before he leveled his face with hers to plant a kiss on her lips.
 
All these feelings in her were jumbled up and she couldn't even tell what she was feeling but if she had to, she would explain it with one word.
 
Love.
 
She kissed him back before he held her by her waist and moved until they were lying on the bed perfectly with their backs leaning slightly on the bed rest. He enveloped her in before she placed a hand on his chest. "Luhan." She called him out again but this time, Luhan could hear her voice perfectly. He felt his insides tingling when he heard her calling his name out. The way his name sounded so perfectly when she called him, the way she pronounced his name in a way that was same like how everyone else pronounced it but with her, it seems so foreign, it seems like he wanted her to call his name out more. His fingers on her waist were shaking as he continued to draw circles on the side of her waist with his thumbs.
 
She could hear her inner self just shouting at her, telling her to finally say something that she's been wanting to say. To say something, a sentence that could possibly, and probably will make their love stronger than it already was.
 
"I love you."
 
Luhan's fingers froze and he couldn't believe his ears when he heard those three words escape her lips. This day came quicker than he thought it would. He gulped before he breathed out heavily yet shakily. "W-What?" He croaked out before she moved her head to lean on his shoulder instead of his chest with their legs on the bed. "Don't act stupid, you know you heard me." She muttered softly before a smile managed to creep up onto his face.
 
"Fine," He breathed out before he planted a kiss at the side of her head. "I love you too."
 
"Only you, Shim Hae Jung."
 
"I'm not done." She breathed out before Luhan kept silent again. Wondering what else would she want to say.
 
 
 
"You're the only one for me, Luhan and... let's carry on our journey together."
 
"You and me?"
 
She smiled a little and she nodded once.
 
"You and me."