Twenty-Five.

Revenge.


P u b l i s h e d   o n : 2 7 / 0 5 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Twenty-Five 

 
 
Kris pushed himself away from Brian and before he could blink Brian was gone. 'Use your mind and focus. It's not all about inflicting pain at first. It's getting used to your powers.' Kris shut his eyes tight before he let that thought he received from Brian sink in. Slowly Kris flew up into the sky and disappeared from the sight. "What the hell is he doing?" Chanyeol asked as everyone shrugged his shoulders but Sehun, who could see through the clouds perfectly. "He's going to create a tornado." Sehun whispered so Brian couldn't hear but it was really useless because Brian could already see what he was going to do. In the next second, the boys could see whirls of wind circling around in the air and they knew it was Kris's doings. "Seriously man, it's like he's using my power or something." Sehun blurted out as Suho patted his shoulder. "Your powers are different from Kris. He can do this because he can fly but he'll need to turn around multiple times to create a tornado. You can create one just by using your hands, so don't be a sulky pulp about it."
 
"Gee, thanks." Sehun said dryly as a few of them chuckled at their conversation. Their chuckles died off when suddenly Kris flew down spinning with his arms spread open as he leaded the tornado down. Brian stood where he stood and waited for the big blow. Soon enough, Kris made his way towards Brian and everyone backed off as the trees around them toppled down as Kris's speed was getting faster and faster within seconds. He would definitely feel dizzy but at that moment all he thought was he could definitely get Brian with this. "Holy ." Tao cursed as the boys couldn't agree more with Tao's comment. It was a gutsy thing for Kris to do but Brian didn't try to do anything and instead he got into the tornado while Kris smirked. "What the hell?!" Tao cursed softly as everyone hushed him. "How could he just let Kris him in like that?" Tao asked as everyone kept quiet. They knew Brian couldn't possibly that weak.
 
"Looks like I got you." Kris said loud enough for Brian to hear as he was still turning around and his speed was increasing to make Brian dizzy. "Not so fast, Kris." Brian said as he reached up high and suddenly grabbed Kris's hand to make him stop spinning. Brian pulled his arm and held him by his shoulders to make him fall all the way back down. Brian used Kris as a surface to land on the ground. Kris's back came in contact with the ground with his eyes shut as he let out a grunt. The boys' eyes widened at the sight but they weren't surprised. Though they would admit, Brian's skills were more impressive than they thought. It's not easy to fight through the force of a tornado.
 
"Never be too over confident when your enemy is in your grip. They may be under your control but that would also mean they're one step closer to killing you." Brian let go of Kris's shoulders and he opened his eyes. Kris's breathings were heavy as he put in everything into trying to hurt Brian but he was the one who got hurt instead. "Still think I'm too hard on you boys?" Brian whispered to Kris who could only try to push him away with his left hand but it was a weak push. "Get up." Brian ordered as he got up from Kris and offered a hand. Kris got up with the help of Brian and his back had rocks pierced into his skin. "But you did good. You showed improvement." Brian complimented before he moved Kris with his mind to make him stand in front of Lay. "Lay, take care of his inner injuries." Lay gave a nod before he told Kris to lay down on the ground with his back facing up.
 
Brian went back to the line of guys and clapped his hands to grab the attention of the rest of the guys apart from Kris, Lay and Xiumin. Brian placed a hand under his chin to think who he thought was ready to come forward. "Whose next?" he asked but no one answered. "I'm next." they heard a girl speaking up and they turned around to land their eyes on Hae Jung who was walking towards them. Brian smirked before he raised an eyebrow. "Why my little princess, are you sure about that?" he taunted as she disappeared to reappear in front of him. "Don't get too cocky."
 
Luhan came by Suho's side and Suho patted him on his shoulder. "How was it?" he asked as Luhan gave a scoff when he saw Sty and Celestial coming. "That stupid bird is getting it when I'm alone with him." Luhan cursed as Suho chuckled. "Why? What happened?"
"That stupid bird told Hae Jung that I stayed there because I wanted to. Now it looks like I like I want her body or something." Luhan rolled his eyes as Xiumin overheard the conversation and couldn't help but interfere. "Hey, that bird is just trying to help you." Xiumin joked as Luhan smacked Xiumin in the head. "So much for trying to help.." Xiumin muttered sotly before he walked away from Luhan and Suho to irritate Kris who was being treated by Lay.
 
"Are you alright?" Brian asked as she nodded her head. "Nothing big, just two bloody newborns were 'good' enough to land an attack on me." she scoffed as Brian chuckled. "I haven't gone against you in so long. Who knows what new powers you might possess?" Brian joked as Hae Jung smiled. "Who knows, you have new powers that I don't know about either?" The boys just looked at the two of them as they conversed. Their eye colors changed within a second and they knew something was going to happen. "I guess we'll just have to find out." Brian said as he suddenly disappeared. "Cheater!" She raised her voice before she disappeared. "Where the hell?" Kyungsoo cursed softly as they immediately turned their heads to spot two vampires clashing onto one another in the middle of the forest.
 
"I almost didn't see you there." Brian grunted as he rolled over to pin Hae Jung down. "Really?" she asked before she kneed him at his stomach and he got off her. He created a forcefield around her as he tried to crush her in. "Brian! Are you trying to kill her?!" Chen shouted as Suho placed a hand over Chen's mouth. "Take a closer look." he pointed at them and Chen's eyes widened. Hae Jung was chanting something and her hands were moving in a way where she was trying to form something with her hands. Slowly a white ball formed between her hands and she opened her eyes to look at Brian who was making the forcefield around her smaller and smaller that had already break a few bones in her body. She quickly tossed the ball that easily passed through the forcefield and it exploded, causing the forcefield around Hae Jung to disappear and Brian flew across the forest. along with crushing a few trees along the way. "My turn." she whispered before she placed a hand on the ground.
 
She chanted something softly and slowly the ground parted to create a hole that was getting deeper and deeper. The hole was big enough for two people to fit in, but that wasn't the case. Brian got up and he easily jumped over the hole but it seems like there was a force pulling him in. He mentally cursed when he was so stupid to jump over her little trap. "Using this trick on me again?" he grunted as he tried to grab onto anything as he was being dragged into the hole. He glanced back and it wasn't force pulling him in, they were tree roots pulling him in as the tree roots wrapped tight around his ankles. "You know damn well how to escape this." she whispered softly as he fell into the hole. The hole immediately shut and slowly the soil in the ground was sealing up and covering on top of Brian slowly. He had to react quick or he would be buried metres under the ground. Brian shut his eyes tight before he put himself into a position that was in a few years ago. His eyes shot open and he put his hands together  and created a forcefield around his hands. "I hope this works." he muttered under his breath as the soil tried to seal above his head.
 
"What the hell just happened?" Tao whispered as the rest of them gulped. It was literally a war going on between the two trainers and they knew they weren't holding back from one another. They were witnessing a real battle that would occur to them. Hae Jung wasn't worried at all that Brian would die. This couldn't possibly be the reason to kill him. If he could battle against the strongest vampires in the Carrion clan, this is nothing. She smirked the moment she saw soil flying off the hole. More and more soil flew out in many directions and the hole was reopened. Brian easily got out of the hole and his clothes were soiled. "Holy.." Luhan whispered to himself and Suho was thinking the same thing Luhan was thinking. "Thanks for getting my clothes dirty." he scoffed as she bowed a little. "You're most welcome."
 
Brian pounced on her and she didn't do anything to stop him. They rolled on the ground and Hae Jung pinned him down as she said a little chant and placed her hands on his shoulders. Brian felt heat on his shoulders and he knew she used a chant that created heat on her hands that could burn vampires. He hissed the moment his clothes were burnt and his skin had burn marks. He kicked her off and she landed onto a tree not far from them. He used his mind to make all the trees around her topple on her and he used force to make them press on top of her to crush her bones. The trees that were crushing her didn't last long as suddenly the trees all flew in different directions. "I was hoping you forgot that chant." Brian chuckled dryly before he glanced at the burnt marks on his shoulders.
 
"Let's play, hand in hand?" He asked as she motioned him to come closer with one finger. Within seconds they were already fighting one another just with hands. Combat skills in other words but their way was much different. Brian held onto her arm and toss her up in the air. Instead of him being able to hurt her when she fell down, she let out a chant that allowed her to stay above grounds. Brian used the force to pull her down and easily she landed below him as he pulled her up and threw her across the forest. "Give me all you got!" he shouted at her and she grabbed onto a tree branch to throw it at him. He caught the tree branch before it could cut his chest and easily broke it into pieces before he tossed it aside. Before Brian could do anything, everyone of them could smell blood. Brian's eye color darkened when he glanced back at the boys. "Stay alert." Brian said as he disappeared to reappear where Hae Jung was.

She was laying down on the ground with her blood flowing out of her thighs and arms. She spit out the blood in before she let out a bitter chuckle. "Those bastards should just kill me." Brian rushed to her side and he used his mind and did all he could to cure her injuries even though she was on the edge of exploding. Not once she would let her guard down like this but it never crossed her mind that Zenon would send a few newborns who were willing to die to cause a little trouble. Of course she killed them off but there were five of them pouncing on her at once. Usually she'd be ready for it and it would be a piece of cake but today she was caught off guard. "Just let me lay here for a moment." she whispered and he didn't want to leave her, but he did as he was told.
 
He went back to the boys and this time, his trainings were harder and harder on each and every one of them. "Now is not the time to play. We don't have much time before he may strike again." Brian said as Luhan took a step forward. "But she said that he wouldn't pull off anyt-"
"She's got injured back there again. Are you trying to tell me Zenon is going to hold back? No, he's not. He may look like he's not going to do anything but we shouldn't let our guard down." Brian snapped at Luhan before he could say anything else. "Next, Tao. Come with me. The rest of you, train among yourselves and I'll be back to switch Tao with any one of you. Be prepared." Brian said as he gripped onto Tao's arm, leading him to an isolated part of the forest.
 
"You heard what he said, let's get training." Suho said as he pointed out who should be partnered with who to start their trainings. Everyone except for Luhan who didn't obey orders when he was the only one who couldn't divert his attention from Hae Jung.