Here Comes Help.

Revenge.

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 1 0 / 0 6 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Thirty-Five  : Here Comes Help.

Her eyes widened even more when she could remember who he was.


 
It was dead silent and no one dared to speak a word. "She was this close to taking her life away to join Kyle ever since that incident. She hated his guts for not drinking her blood to save himself just so she could be a pure vampire without a blood bonded partner that may not live. This could be viewed in two ways and Hae Jung saw it in a way where he didn't want to save himself but Kyle saw it in a way where he just wanted what was best for her." Brian bitterly chuckled as they could sense the pain in his voice. Brian sniffed a little before rubbing his nose. He didn't want to go on anymore but he took every ounce of him to try to go on. He can't leave a story hanging, right?
 
"She didn't take her life away, because she promised him. And whenever she would try to break her promise, Kyle would try his best to reappear and remind her why she's still alive up to this day." Brian let out a sigh as he knew he had just brought down everyone's mood. Brian quickly wiped the tear that was going to roll down his cheek. He thought no one saw that but everyone did, and it was definitely heartbreaking for Brian to just recall all of this happening as he could just think back of Hae Jung telling all of this out to Brian one last time before she swore to never speak of this again. "Alright, let's get training." Brian breathed out as he got up. "W-What?" a few of them chorused at the same time but only chuckles could be heard from the stairs as Taemin, Minho, Key, Onew and Jonghyun were standing there.
 
"We're not going to risk anything and we're definitely not going to let you boys have 'fun'." Onew said sternly and that's when they knew the playful Onew was replaced with a strict one in an instant. "Onew was bubbly and cheerful a moment ago." Zelo sighed when Yongguk patted him on the shoulder. "Yeah well, we're not going to see any of that during training." Baekhyun leaned closer before he whispered, "What happens when he's not bubbly?" Yongguk pulled his hand away from Zelo's shoulder before he sighed at Baekhyun. "Unpleasant things."
 
"Now now, don't be hasty." the true forms of the shadow people could be seen in the underworld. They didn't look like shadows and instead, they looked like normal souls just lingering in the underworld but the moment they go back to reality, they appear to be shadows. Hae Jung was locked up in a dungeon-like room as the shadow people who brought her here left the room and she can't even try to use her powers. The shadow people left and it was like there's a curse in that room or something. All of a sudden she could hear soft chuckles filling the room even though she was alone. She gulped but she wasn't afraid. She clicked her tongue and just like that, a woman appeared in front of her. Hae Jung didn't jerk backwards or anything, she stood there and cocked her head sideways at the woman in front of her.
 
She had long light brown hair that touched her waist. Her skin was toned and flawless as well her body shape. She was fit and slim that her dress fitted around her body nicely. She was wearing a necklace with a red eye on it and her lips had a smear of black lipstick. Her eyes were back but if Hae Jung were to stare in them long enough, she could tell they could change colors. She was definitely beautiful but behind those eyes, all Hae Jung could see was evil and pure darkness who just wanted power. "Who are you?" Hae Jung growled but the woman could only laugh. "My dear, you've never heard of me?" the woman tried to place her hand on Hae Jung's face but Hae Jung backed away and hissed. "Don't touch me."
 
"Feisty I see. They were right about you." she chuckled whole-heartedly before her eyes turned red. "I'm Hine-nui-te-pō. Hine for short. God of Night, Death and the Ruler of the Underworld." Hae Jung furrowed her eyebrows before she let out a heavy breath. "And so?" she raised an eyebrow and that's when Hine scoffed. "You don't know what I'm capable of, huh?" Hae Jung smirked when she had finally made Hine crack up. "Do I look like I know what you're capable of?" she asked and Hae Jung felt a hard slap on her face. "You disrespectful b-" she stopped and took in a deep breath before replacing her glare with a smile on her face. "Now, if you respect me, I'll respect you." Hae Jung scoffed before she glared at Hine. To be frank, Hae Jung couldn't give a flying damn if she was a God. If this is what a God is like, she'd rather be a demon and stab herself with a pitchfork until she bled to death.
 
"I won't respect you. So if you would please, just get on with what you want with me." Hae Jung said before she rubbed her cheek at where Hine had slapped her earlier. "Aw," Hine whined as she came closer towards Hae Jung. "Did my slap hurt you?" Hine tried to reach for Hae Jung's hand when Hae Jung disappeared to reappear on the other side of the room. It wasn't big, to be exact, it was pretty small in a way where one side of the room to the other side of the room only required twenty steps. "Do you think I'm that weak? I just don't want my face to get dirty." Hae Jung smirked when Hine's eyes darkened.
 
"You wrench. Come with me." Hine said as suddenly vines came from the wall and she had no idea how the hell that happened considering there was only bricks on the wall. Vines came from the wall to tie her wrists behind her back tight and she couldn't do anything. Hae Jung realized that her powers were slowly being abled to use in the underworld, she only needs to think how to make them take effect in the underworld. She's been in this dungeon for two days now without anyone bothering her. She couldn't drink blood, there was no one to talk to and she was practically rotting to death inside the dungeon and all she could do was sleep. There wasn't even a proper bed or anything. She had to lie on the ground and lean against the brick walls.
 
Before she could try to sing or pull out a chant, the vines wrapped around as though Hine has seen through her plans. Hae Jung shot a glare at Hine who could only smirk. "Don't even think about it, princess." Hae Jung's growls were muted when Hine came closer. The vines from the walls broke, leaving Hae Jung to be tied up without being tied to the wall. "I remember these pair of eyes." Hine spoke as she ran a finger down Hae Jung's cheek. "You.." Hine pointed at Hae Jung's face before she leaned closer. "You're Shim Kwan Jung's daughter."
 
"Ah! Yes yes yes!" she chimed as she skipped around the room in front of Hae Jung who didn't want to try to walk. Hae Jung gulped and Hine stopped skipping to turn to look at her. "Shim Kwan Jung! The remarkable king who took over King Alaric's place as king! You're that missing princess." Hae Jung's stare turned into a glare when she said that. "But what to do when her mommy and daddy gets locked up in the dungeon at the Cattrige side?" She sang as Hae Jung's eyes widened. From the last she has heard was her parents died, not getting locked up in the castle over at Celtic Town where Zenon lives. Everyone told her that they got killed when they tried to get a treaty with Zenon but they ended up 'killing' her parents, breaking the treaty and that's when the war started between the two clans. Now it seems like her parents wasn't dead..or was Hine just spouting out bull?
 
Hae Jung's eyes turned purple and Hine laughed whole heartedly like some crazy woman. "Now I'm sure of it. Only Hae Hwa's daughter can have that eye color other than her. Too bad she was useless." Hae Jung gulped as she used her mind to rip apart the vines in a split second the moment Hine brought up the topic of her parents as anger rose all over her. "What do you know about them?!" Hae Jung pinned Hine down and the figure of Hine suddenly turned into dust, soon Hae Jung was flipped over. Hae Jung was pinned down by Hine and soon a few of her minions came in to hold Hae Jung down on the ground. "Stupid girl. You can't think that you will have the power to even take me down right? I'm a God. You're just a dumb princess."
 
Hae Jung growled before Hine waved a hand at Hae Jung and was sealed with a blue, see through tape. Hae Jung couldn't use her mind to rip it apart and it was definitely indestructable unless someone else were to rip it open. Before Hae Jung realized her hands were untied, something soft and plastic like wrapped around her wrists together behind her back. "That will shut you up and keep you in place." Hine smirked before she opened the door. "Bring her to the platform." Hine ordered before she disappeared. Hae Jung had no other choice but to be dragged by her minions. They looked like soilders with red armor on them. They even wore a helmet that covered their whole face and she had no idea how they could still walk in them.
 
She looked around as she was forced to walk up a flight of stairs. When she walked up the stairs, she realized she was kept underground this whole while. Underground in the underworld, seems funny doesn't it? She was brought up onto this big platform where once she stepped on it, fire rose up around the stage so high up that she couldn't run away as it was open and wide. She turned around on the stage where she could see hoards of people in front of her. It was like she's being displayed or something on the stage and she assumed the people watching below her are people under Hine's control. Or people who sold their soul to her. On the stage, a cage fell on top of her as the soilders pulled away from her. She tried to run but the cage trapped her the moment she tried to run.
 
Her hiss muffled when she realized the cage was made out of quicksilver and if she were to try to break it open with her hands, she may die just like that and her soul would be gone. She couldn't even her lips or anything since was still sealed up with this blue tape Hine placed over . "Finally! We have finally caught her!" Hine announced as she clasped her hands together. Cheers came from the people below the stage and some started to shout out loud their thoughts about Hae Jung. "I thought vampires were very beautiful! Is she even a vampire?!"
 
"She calls herself a vampire?!"

"What a pity!"

"Some princess she is!"
 
"She's a ! Just like her mother!"
 
"Her mother is the queen?! What shame!"
 
Hae Jung's eyes darkened as she clenched her fists behind her back. She plunge forward and kicked the cage, leaving a dent that scared the rest of the people that had mocked her earlier. She was fine with them mocking her but when they insulted her parents, she couldn't take  it. They want to talk about her? Fine. They want to bad talk about her? So be it. Talk about her parents? She'll make sure to kill them in a heartbeat. They kept silent and they didn't dare to shout any nonsense after that because all they thought was, if she is that strong to kick it and leave a dent on the quicksilver, there is plenty of things she is capable of and that's true. The cage wasn't closing in on her, it was just caging around her so she doesn't try to run or anything. Even if she does run, she has to figure out a way out of the underworld which at this point was useless because she had no connections here..or at least she thought so. 
 
"We will let all of you witness that we can torture this deadly vampire that has been killing our people for so many years! Finally we have her in our grip!" Hine beamed and everyone cheered loudly again. This time they just cheered and they didn't spout out any insults. They just wanted to watch her suffer. Just then Hine snapped her fingers and hands appeared below the stage to hold onto Hae Jung's ankles. Her eyes widened but she didn't want to show them that she was shocked, even though she wondered where the hell these pair of hands came from. The soilders around her came closer towards her and they were holding onto quicksilver rods with steam coming out of it. Within seconds, Hae Jung shut her eyes tight with her screams muffled up when the soilders pressed the burning rods onto her skin.
 
Burning quicksilver rods were one of the most torturing things you could do to a vampire. The longer you let it burn on their skin, the longer it will most probably have effect on their skin but thank God it was her soul receiving all of this or else in reality, her skin would be distorted. She tried to stand straight but she couldn't the moment one of the soilders pressed the burning rod at the back of her knees. She could feel the poison burning on her skin but it didn't kill her. If she were to die in the underworld, her body in reality would just be a piece of corpse there on. Hae Jung sighed in relief when the soilders pulled the burning rods away from her skin. Even though they didn't like vampires, they felt like the treatment she was giving Hae Jung was a bit absurd. Hae Jung's skin was already burning at the back of her knees, her stomach, her arms and her legs. What more could Hine want? Her whole body to look like she's been skinny dipping in acid?
 
"One more time!" she shouted at the soilders and this time the cheerings from the crowd died down. They wanted the vampire to feel pain but not to this extend. They could even see a tear rolling down Hae Jung's cheek because of the excruciating pain. She didn't want to tear up in front of all these 'people' but the pain was almost unbearable. "Didn't you hear me?! One more time!" she raised her voice and Hae Jung gulped before the soilders took a step closer to press the burning rods onto her skin again on the same area they pressed on earlier. Hae Jung shut her eyes tight when she felt the rods burning her skin and her body tensed up so much, you could see her veins popping up.
 
The soilders quickly pulled back when they heard Hine saying, "Enough." They felt pity for the vampire but at the same time, they thought she deserved it. Hae Jung did kill most of the shadow people but she didn't regret it. "We will soon make her to be one of us or join our forces. Unless I decide to do something else to her." Hine smirked as she glanced at Hae Jung who could barely stand, she fell to her knees when the hands holding onto her ankles disappeared. "Why are you all so quiet for? Are you pitying the vampire? CHEER!" Hine ordered before the crowd cheered loudly. "Take her back to the dungeon!" Hine shouted at the soilders who nodded their heads before they came to Hae Jung. The soilders dragged her back to the dungeon and when they reached there, three of them just dropped her to the ground.
 
When three of the soilders had left, it was just one soilder alone with Hae Jung. He was supposed to leave, but he didn't. Instead he lied Hae Jung nicely on the ground before he lifted her up a little to let her back lean against the wall. "Hey, wake up. Don't fall asleep yet." he whispered as he tapped her cheek multiple times. Her eyes opened slowly but she couldn't react to anything. She felt weak and the poison was slowly just going away. She couldn't speak as the blue tape was still on and he couldn't possibly remove it or else Hine would know he's been in here for way too long.
 
"You'll be fine. You hear me? You will." the soilder said as she furrowed her eyebrows. The soilder lifted his helmet off his head so Hae Jung could see his face. Her eyes widened and would gape open if she could. "I'm here to help you. You recognize me, right?" She nodded her head as he quickly put his helmet back on. "Just wait, we'll get you out of here." he gave a quick pat on her shoulder before he left the dungeon. 'We?' Hae Jung thought.
 
Her eyes widened even more when she could remember who he was. It hit her like a train on who he was.
 
"Ah.. enough about me. More about you please." Hae Jung said as she nudged Brian by his arm. "More about me? There's nothing much.." Brian rubbed the back of his neck before he looked down on his necklace. "All I remember about myself is that my brother gave this to me before he told me to run."
 
"How does your brother look like?" she asked as he let out a soft "Oh!" before he took out a piece of paper from his pocket. It was actually a picture of his brother, Brandon. "This is how he looks like."
 
That's when she realized. The soilder who said he would help her and the guy in the picture that Brian had showed her a long time ago was the same person.
Brandon is in the underworld, she had no idea how but he's the only one she could rely on to help her out of here alive.