Thirty-Seven.

Revenge.

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 1 4 / 0 6 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Thirty-Seven 

 
 
She furrowed her eyebrows and she squeezed his hand. He turned to look at her, raising an eyebrow. "We have to find a way out. It may seem impossible but that's what she wants us to think. We have to at least try. We can't be those experienced vampires who died because of some God's trap room. She's not even that great." she scoffed and Brandon smirked. "I can see why Brian loves you." Brandon smiled and Hae Jung turned to look at him. "You forgot to use past tense." she corrected him and Brandon shook his head. "Even after all these years, he still loves you."
 
"Don't bull me."
 
"It's true!"
 
"Can we not talk about this?! We're going to die any minute soon!" she pulled her hand away from him and she went towards the wall to pull one of the spikes out of frustration. Shockingly it was so easy just to pull it out considering she was a vampire and pulling this was like breaking a branch. Brandon's eyes widened as she turned to look at him with the spike in her hands. The both of them smirked at the same time when Brandon quickly came to Hae Jung's side and they started to pull out as many spikes as they could before they would completely get crushed. They pulled out roughly about 30 of the spikes within a minute and it was like a size of a door for them to bust a way out.
 
"Now we need to make a ho-" his voice trailled off when she placed a hand on the wall and started to chant something. The space on the wall started to glow and burst, creating a door way for them to get out of the place. She turned around and grabbed his hand, linking her fingers with his before she pulled him through. When they came into the other room, the hole behind them closed as the walls crushed against it the moment they got through. "Thanks." Brandon breathed out. This time Hae Jung used her mind to light up the room and they both cursed in unison when  they entered another trap room. "She just wants us to die, doesn't she?" Hae Jung cursed as they entered a hallway with large axes hanging from the ceiling, swinging from left to right. One wrong timing when they move and they would get sliced into half. There were roughly eight of the large axes but here's the kicker, from the first axe to the last, the sizes are different. 
 
The first axe is the smallest where as the last axe is the largest with the most minimum space to pass through. "We can't risk going through this, we'll get sliced." Hae Jung hissed and Brandon smirked. "Why the hell are you smirking for?!" she raised her voice and he let go of her hand to crouch down in front of her. "Get on." Her eyes widened and she smacked his shoulders. "This is no time for games!" She raised her voice and he turned around to look at her, still on the ground. "Listen to me! I know what I'm doing!" she hissed before she listened to him. "No, your legs go around my neck." he said when she put her arms around his neck to let him piggyback her but he has other things in mind. "What the fu-"
 
"Just do it!" 
 
"Fine!" she put her legs around his neck and he lifted her up where she could see the metal bars that were swinging the axes left and right. "Hold onto my hand and aim at all of the bars." he ordered and she nodded her head as Brandon made sure he had one hand free to make sure she didn't fall off and he used the other to hold onto her hand as Hae Jung used her other free hand to aim at the metal bars. "What are you-" her voice trailed off when she could feel energy being transferred into her and all of a sudden, light emitted from her hands like lasers, just cutting through all the metal bars and the axes all fell into the ground. The both of them softly cheered "Yes!" when it was a success. They could hear bangings on the walls and that's when they knew they had to hurry. "Let me down! We have to run!" she shouted and he placed his hands on her waist with his head facing front and he lifted her over his head to place her on the ground.

"You could've just got down on your knees and let me off." she scoffed but he reached for her hand, linking their hands before they ran down the halls. Jumping over the axes and stopping right after they jumped over the last axe. It was like a choice they had to make now. It's either they turn left or right. There was no indication on which side could be their right choice because on both ends, there wasn't any light. "Left or right?" Brandon whispered and she shrugged her shoulders. She knew if they picked the wrong path, they could die because they didn't know what other traps Hine could've set down here. "Next time, make sure you check which door we get into. Now it's like we're in a world filled with traps." she cursed and Brandon gave a squeeze on her hand. "Is that a quitter's talk?"
 
"We're going to get out of here alive. There's no ing way I'm letting them have the last laugh. Especially after what happened to my parents." Brandon cursed and that's when she thought about her parents. There was a chance they were still alive and she would kill just to have a chance to meet them again. "Alright, let's choose a path and hope we don't die from the choice." she was determined to get out of here alive and Brandon smirked at her sudden determination. "That's the Hae Jung I'm looking for. Let's head left." he said as he took a step forward but she pulled him back when she saw an arrow aiming at him from the left. The arrow flew across his face and his head darted to the left where the arrow was coming from. "THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!" he heard the soilders shouting and that's when Brandon pulled her hand and they headed towards the right as they ran down the halls.
 
"How the hell these bastards got here?" Brandon cursed as they ran down the halls while dodging the arrows being aimed at them as they could hear footsteps behind them and they knew they weren't going to get away that easily. Hae Jung hissed when an arrow was pierced into her arm from the back and she squeezed onto Brandon's hand. He thought that was just a gesture so he pulled her faster but that made her wince at the pain from her arm. Looks like the arrow they were using weren't normal arrows. These arrows has poison in them and they weren't quicksilver. This was a poison created by Hine herself. "Why are yo-Oh ." Brandon cursed when he glanced at Hae Jung to look at her arm. He stopped running and he pulled her towards the side, away from the soilders sight.
 
He kicked open the door and he pulled her in as the door shut behind them. He didn't care if that was another trap because he knew he had to get that arrow out of her arm instantly before it could cause anymore harm. He pulled the arrow out without warning and she screamed but Brandon placed a hand over . "You bastard!" She shouted but he muffled her shouts and screams with his hand over . "I'm helping you!" he half-shouted, half-whispered. He placed his hand over the wound and slowly it cured. She felt pain but at least the poison was out of her body. "Let's get back out there and run." he said as he wanted to open the door but she wouldn't move away from the door. "Hae Jung!"
 
"Brandon!" 
 
"We don't have time for games!"
 
"Who said I was playing a game with you?" she snapped at him and he hissed. "Move from the door! We have to get out of here!" she didn't listen to him instead she pulled him deeper into the room and she used her mind to light up the room. It revealed a flight of stairs to get out of here and Brandon sighed in relief. "Thank the lord." Brandon breathed out and he told her to run up first. "What about yo-"
 
"Just run up!" Brandon raised his voice and she did as she was told. She ran all the way up and Brandon had created a wall to surround the doorway so the soilders couldn't get through. Brandon smirked and he saluted with two fingers as he ran up the stairs only to stop at the end where the door was locked. Brandon kicked the door open but there was a red forcefield around it. He wanted to just place his hand on it to remove it but she stopped him by pulling his hand back. "What's with you? I'm trying to-" his voice trailled off when she broke a piece of the door to throw it at the forcefield. The piece of wood burst into pieces and Brandon's eyes widened.
 
"Yeah, I'd like to see you place your hand on that and see what happens." She snapped at him and he gulped. "How did you know?"
 
"Instincts." she shrugged her shoulders and Brandon tried using his mind to break it but he couldn't. It wasn't just an ordinary forcefield, it was a forcefield under Hine's controls and chants. It would take only an experienced chanter to break it and that's when he turned to Hae Jung to shake her by her shoulders. "Use your chants to break down this forcefield." her eyes widened as she looked at the forcefield. She tried all the basic chants that she knew to break it but it wasn't working. "Use the ones that your parents taught you!" he raised his voice when he could hear soilders surrounding the wall he had created by the doorway. She thought hard and long to remember the chant but she couldn't. She jerked up the moment they were breaking down the walls. "HURRY!" Brandon shouted and he was surprised that there were no soilders above them yet.
 
It's just at that moment, the chants came out of automatically without her realizing and the forcefield vanished. As if on cue, the soilders broke down the wall and Brandon gripped onto her hand to pull her out as they entered a forest and Brandon looked around before he pulled Hae Jung to the left side of the forest where he lifted her up onto the tree branch. "What are you doing-" her voice trailled off when Brandon hugged her to make sure they weren't visible on the tree hiding behind it. "Shh. Keep silent. They won't know we're here unless they can see us. I have something that I'm wearing that could hide my presence immediately, even Hine couldn't sense I'm here with this amulet on." he whispered and she nodded her head.
 
"Where did you get the amulet from?" she asked and he chuckled softly with his arms still around her. "I thought only leaders in the Dynarion Clan can have this?" she asked softly and her eyes widened when he pulled away from the hug when the coast was clear. "Are you a leade-" he nodded his head before she could even finish her sentence. "Does Brian know?" she asked and he shook his head. She smacked him at his arm before he jumped down from the tree. "Hey, get down here. It's a long way back to Dis's castle." Brandon signalled her and she jumped down to land into his arms. "Why didn't you tell your own brother?" she asked and he scoffed as the two of them walked towards the direction of Dis's castle after running far far away from Hine's castle.
 
They ran for quite a distance until they made sure they wouldn't get caught and they slowed down their tracks as they walked through the forest. "Well, I'm not the only one with secrets." he finally answered her as he glanced at her and she rolled her eyes at him. "See? Even you have secrets that Brian doesn't know about."
 
"Shut up." she waved a hand and she gulped as they walked. Brandon could tell something was bothering her and he wanted to know what. He could easily see why Brian loves her. She's determined, swift, fast and smart. And she's not bad looking. Hell, she looks like a goddess if you minus her complete sarcasm but even he knew she's a complete sweetheart on the inside. "Tell me about what happened." Brandon said and she raised an eyebrow before she turned to look at him. "Tell you about what?"
 
"Your parents, and why you didn't tell anyone that you're that person."
 
"What person?" she scoffed as she looked away. He gripped onto her arm, causing her to stop walking.
 
"That you're the missing princess that is up for the throne as queen."