Broken.

Revenge.

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 1 4 / 0 7 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Fifty-Nine  Broken.

"You disobeyed the rules and came her ruthlessly?! LUHAN! You're putting their lives in danger!"

 
Hae Jung shuddered when she felt a feeling in her. Suddenly an image of Luhan flashed up in her mind. His smile and the way his eyes twinkled made her heart ache, not knowing if she would come out alive to even appreciate his smile one last time. Words that she said to him were never true. How could it be true? It's not exactly easy to fake her emotions like that. Even if she wanted to, it would be hard. Her love towards him was genuine and true even though they've known each other for a short peroid of time, it didn't matter. She could still remember how hurt he sounded when he said,
 
“All those nights with me, those meant nothing to you? At all?”
 
“I can’t believe you.”
 
“So I was just a little, toy? A little game? Those nights, were all lies? How could you be so heartless? Do you even have a heart?!”
 
She shook her head before she manage to let out a breathy sigh. She clenched her fist before placing it on her chest. "I'm sorry." She whispered ever so softly before her mother could sense something was wrong with her daughter. Her mother placed hands on her shoulders before shaking her gently. "Is there something wrong?" Her mother asked before Hae Jung shook her head as she let her hand fall to her side. "N-No, it's just,"
 
"Something feels wrong."
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"Nevermind." Hae Jung breathed out before she looked up to meet her mother's eyes. "When are we proceeding with this?" She asked before Alaric looked up at her with her father. "Soon. It's almost time."
 
"We need help!" Kris shouted through the ear piece as the three of them were getting ganged up easily. A circle was formed around Kris, Tao and Zelo who had difficulties in calming themselves down. "If they don't back away soon, I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of blood." Zelo whispered and through Kris's and Tao's ear pieces, everyone could hear it perfectly. "Don't kill anyone. We can't be the one breaking the treaty. Nor should we let them kill any of us." Suho warned before Zelo clenched his fists.
 
"Then what are we supposed to do? It's either we kill or we get killed." There were ten of Zenon's vampires as the three managed to knock out seven of them. Not until the door busted open only to reveal more of Zenon's men coming in. This was all like a show to Zenon and he couldn't help but smirk as he sat down and watch all of this take place as if this was his source of entertainment. They were too preoccupied with Zenon's men to go after him. It was a blessing when the walls burst only to reveal Kyungsoo and Suho's group. These two groups were the closest to where Kris's group was and they knew that it would be hard to carry on finding Hae Jung if one of them was caught.
 
"Bastards." Lay muttered softly when a vampire stabbed Sehun in the leg. Sehun made a big tornado to in the vampire before he made the vampire crash against the wall as Sehun fell to the ground when he clutched onto his leg. He pulled out the knife and threw it across the room before Lay came to his side to heal his wound. "N-No Lay! Aid to the others! I'm fine!" Sehun grunted before Lay pushed Sehun down onto the ground before he placed his hands around Sehun's wound. "Shut up. The rest will back us up." Right on cue, Youngjae transformed the knife Sehun tossed onto the ground into a pair of handcuffs. He swiftly dashed towards the vampire who was going to pull Lay away from Sehun as Youngjae pulled the vampire back and handcuffed the hands of the vampire behind his back.
 
Youngjae smirked before he pushed the vampire to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo kneed the vampire in the gut before he easily carried the vampire and threw it to the two incoming vampires who didn't have much time to dodge the incoming body being thrown at them. Suho made water emit from his hands before he used it to form some sort of jail cell to cage in five vampires. Soon the water cage turned into sharp water spikes before it enclosed in on them. It wasn't too long until another vampire came from behind Suho and whispered, "Fun's over." Suho's eyes widened before he lost focus on controlling the water cage to turn around, only meeting with AJ's eyes. "You." Suho growled before he diverted his attention to AJ. The other five vampires who were caged in dashed towards Suho, only to be blocked by Kris, Lay and Sehun, whose leg was already fine.
 
"Don't even think about it." Kris hissed before he flew to pounce on one of them on the most right as Lay easily made the other two unconcious by controlling the parts of their brains and Sehun clasped his hands together before a tornado was formed at the bottom of the ground, making the two remaining vampires feet glued onto the ground. One of the vampires who was in the tornado felt like his leg wasn't affected by Sehun's powers. He immediately leaped off and pounced on Sehun. His hands gripped onto Sehun's bare arms and Sehun let out a piercing scream. A hot and burning feeling was felt on Sehun's arms and he looked down only to see that the vampire who pounced on him had the power to corrode Sehun's skin with acid. Kris immediately flew towards Sehun and pried the vampire off Sehun to deal with him. Sehun ignored the burning feeling he felt at his arms as he knew he had to push his injuries aside for now. He tried his best to let the pain subside but then he fell onto the ground.
 
His face became pale and his breathings got heavier. "SEHUN!" A few of them chorused before Zenon smirked. "One finally down."
 
"What the hell is happening to him?!" Suho came to Sehun's side before he shook Sehun's body vigrously. Lay immediately came to aid Sehun before he placed his hands on Sehun's chest. "That vampire didn't only burn Sehun's arms with his acid, he inserted some sort of poison in Sehun's body. Making him weaker and also, making him lose his body coordination. We need you guys to take care of the rest while I aid him." Lay ordered before the rest heard it loud and clear through their ear pieces. Lay lifted Sehun up before he brought Sehun into the corner of the room while the rest were dealing with the others. Lay started to panic when he noticed that there wasn't much he could do. As much as he would want to try to take out the poison, it had already start to spread out everywhere into Sehun's body.
 
Lay hissed when light emitted from his hands to heal Sehun but Sehun's face only got paler than it already was. "G-Guys! It's not working!" Lay half-whispered, half-shouted through the ear piece. Just then the walls burst behind Lay and he jerked up before he shielded Sehun's body with his. He gulped when he could sense a familiar presence behind him. With his lips shaking he turned around only to widened his eyes when Minho pulled Lay away from Sehun's body. Minho crouched down and placed a hand on Sehun's chest. Soon, color began to paint on Sehun's cheeks, indicating he was being healed and the poison started to subside but then, if Minho were to pull his hand away, the poison will continue to seep in until Sehun was a goner.
 
Lay growled and shot up when he felt another presence but Minho whispered, "Calm down. She's on our side."
 
A woman with brown hair along with a beautiful eye smile followed Minho's cue as she came in from the hole Minho had made. She smirked when she locked eyes with Zenon. "We meet again, Zenon." She whispered before the chosen ones could hear the voice through the ear piece. "I hear Minho's voice!" Chanyeol shouted through the ear piece before Lay gulped. "M-Minho is here. I repeat, Minho is here." Lay informed everyone before some began to wonder what Minho was doing here but they were thankful he was here, even though they know they would probably get their asses kicked soon after for coming here without permission.
 
"BoA." Zenon breathed out and leaned back on his chair when he could see the woman who had just entered the room. "Who is she?" Zelo breathed out as he stole a quick glance at the woman who had just entered. "M-Minho, who is she?" Lay whispered before Minho smirked the moment he could feel the change of aura of the woman who had followed behind him. "She, is my sister." Minho stood up when Sehun regain concious and breathed in and out heavily as if he wasn't breathing for the past few minutes.
 
The woman didn't say much as her lips were sealed after that. Her cheeks were painted with a very light shade of pink and her lips were red. Her big eyes were the thing that made the chosen ones see the resemblence of Minho in her face. Their eyes widened when the beautiful woman who had appeared a moment ago was now letting fire appear like a circle around her. The vampires in the room backed away until their backs came in contact with the wall. Zenon hissed as he shot up from his seat. "I command you to stop!" He shouted but the female only smirked. "Sorry, but I don't belong to you anymore." A smug smile appeared on her face before her eyes rolled back and soon a bright wave of light flooded the room, blinding everyone's sight.
 
When the light died down, everyone gasped when the woman a moment ago who was so endearing and captivating was now replaced with a creature. She now had wings covered with purple yet maroon-ish feathers that were hard yet delicate. Her eyes were still mesmerizing but they were scarlet now. She let out a loud cry before everyone snapped out of their daze only to realize that she had transformed into a phoenix. "Take out the incoming vampires from outside the castle. We'll handle the ones inside here." Minho appeared beside BoA as he placed a hand on her right wing. With a slight nod, she breathed out fire to burn the walls down as she dashed down from the floor they were on.
 
"Bring them all in!" Zenon raged as he made the shield surrounding him burst, only to send in more vampires. "This bastard." Kyungsoo cursed before he took on a few vampires at once the moment more and more vampires came in. Although there were many vampires, these all were not highly trained. It was like they were newborns or something that craved for action. They've never seen Minho's powers before but the moment Minho snapped his fingers, one copy of Minho walked out of his body. Soon two of Minho came out of Minho's body and now, there were five of Minho in the room. "What are you still standing here for?" Minho whispered before Minho aided them in taking down, not killing, most of the vampires in the room. With a nod, everyone sprung into action with Minho's help.
 
"Don't even think about it." Zelo smirked before he kicked the vampire away from him. That vampire was different from the others and Zelo knew that. It wasn't hard taking on one on one but considering that each of them had to take on at least three at once, that was the difficult part. Zelo easily pulled out a bone from his arm before he shaped it into a sword. "Come." Zelo smirked before the vampire lunged forward towards him.
 
Kyungsoo placed his hand on the ground before created a hole and the vampire fell down to the floor below them. Although it wouldn't make much a difference but it would stall time. And at this moment they just needed to stall as much time until either Luhan, Daehyun or Chen's group found Hae Jung and then they would leave to prevent any unwanted things to happen.
 
"There are intruders!" Hae Jung could hear some vampire shouting outside the door. "I hear they are the chosen ones!" The other one shouted before her eyes widened. "They can't be that stupid. No." She breathed out before she attempted to listen more. "Are you alrig-" Kwan Jung kept quiet when Hae Jung held a hand up, making him stay silent as she heard movings of a large object being dragged and chains dangling. She furrowed her eyebrows before she tried to make up what were the vampires doing. "Do you think that'll hold them down if they escape?"
 
"Who cares?! We have to help the others now!"
 
"What if they escape?!
 
"They won't if we have one of the chosen ones in our grip!"
 
"Then let's move!"

Hae Jung took a step back before she hissed. "Something's happening out there." Hae Jung growled before her father knew that look from anywhere. Serious things were happening up there and they needed to get out of here as soon as they could. Zelo smirked before he taunted the vampire in front of him. "Do you think you can get me?" The vampire simply stared at Zelo with his blue eyes and Zelo stared back as he backed away. That vampire suddenly disappeared and Zelo widened his eyes but he had no time to pay attention to that vampire as he had to help the other members. 

It was getting messier with more vampires flooding in the empty room and they knew that Luhan and the rest had to be quick. “Guys! Be quick! We can’t handle any of this any longer!” Sehun hissed before the others who weren’t in the room responded with a soft “We’re trying out best!”

“Move move move.” Kai whispered as Luhan and Himchan continued to scan down the halls, finding any doors that could possibly lead to where Hae Jung was. “Guys, she’s not on this floor.” Luhan breathed out and Himchan furrowed his eyebrows. “How can you tell? We haven’t checked the whole floor yet.”

“We can’t waste our time in checking every single floor! They’re struggling up there!”

“If we don’t check properly, what if we skip the room she’s locked in?!”

“Stop it!” Kai raised his voice slightly but managed to keep it soft so that they wouldn’t attract any attention than they already have. “As ridiculous as it sounds, we’ll have to follow Luhan’s instincts. If he say she’s not here, she’s not. If he say she is, I’m sure she’s around here somewhere.”

"What makes you think Luhan is right?" Himchan snapped at Kai who glanced at Luhan and he could tell the look in Luhan's eyes very well.

"Because he's in love with her." Kai simply stated before Luhan gave a small smile. Himchan sighed and rolled his eyes before he squeezed out a soft, "Fine."

"Then where do we go to now? There’s not much time.” Himchan hissed before they look another look at their floor plan. “Forget this, follow me.” Luhan said as he crushed the only copy they had. “This bastard will be the death of us.” Himchan breathed out before he kept a look out for Luhan to walk down the halls before Kai followed and soon Himchan followed. They walked down the stairs without being noticed and they hurried up their pace when they could hear grunts of their members through the ear pieces. They could tell it was hell from what they’re going through but they had to find Hae Jung now before anything else happens.

“NO!” A few vampires shouted when one of the newborns held onto the quicksilver knife as he aimed it at Yongguk. The vampires in the Carrion clan tried to stop that vampire. They never saw that coming and the other members were tied down to fighting the other vampires. Zelo’s eyes widened and he could tell that the young vampire didn’t know that he wasn’t supposed to kill anyone. What the hell were they teaching these young ones? Fast and quick, Zelo ran towards Yongguk before he shielded Yongguk’s body with his own from the back. “What the-“ Yongguk’s voice trailed off when he was greeted with Zelo’s pale face on his shoulder. “H-He was going to..” Zelo couldn’t finish his sentence when he fell to the ground with his hands brushing on Yongguk’s back before he fell. Zelo fell with his back on the ground, causing the knife to stab in deeper into his heart from the back.

The young vampire smirked when he had successfully pierced Zelo from the back right on his heart but the room was dead silent. Zenon’s mouth gaped open before he shot up from the seat. Yongguk kneed down on the ground before he lifted Zelo’s body up. He pulled out the knife from Zelo’s back before he gripped on tightly onto the knife. “ZELO!” Yongguk shouted as he shook the body on his lap. “CHOI JUN HONG!” Yongguk’s voice was so loud, it sent echoes in the whole room. Everyone froze for a moment, not even moving an inch. The members couldn’t even move as they tried to process everything that was going on. Even the vampires in the Carrion clan couldn’t believe one of the youngest vampires had just killed another vampire.

They never expected the young one to be breaking the rules but Zenon should’ve saw this coming because the young ones are usually the ruthless and reckless ones. Yongguk’s body trembled as he held onto Zelo’s hand. At this moment, everyone just prayed for Zelo to be fine, even Zenon shouted, “Why are you all standing there?! GO AFTER THEM!” But no one moved. Yongguk gripped on tightly onto the knife before he let it slip from his fingers when Zelo weakly smiled at Yongguk. Lay appeared beside Zelo as he tried to neutralize the blood in Zelo’s body but it was too late. It had already spread through his whole body especially around his heart.

Zelo could feel his heart pressing in as the quicksilver burnt his body on the inside. The burning feeling was enough to make a person just kill themselves on the spot but Zelo tried to hold on, he was a fighter. Zelo pulled Yongguk by the neck so that he could whisper into Yongguk’s ear, “Thank you for being the one who stuck by me all this while. Sorry for all the things I've done. I'm sorry you had to go through all of this with me, but the years with all of you were amazing. Promise you’ll kill them all of me.” Zelo’s words scarred into Yongguk’s mind before Zelo’s hand behind Yongguk’s neck fell to the ground. Everyone could hear clearly what Zelo was saying because Zelo was whispering into the ear Yongguk's ear piece was in. The rest of the members gulped before their fists clenched, knowing they've lost a friend, a member and a brother. Yongguk gulped before he leaned away to stare down at the boy who he had treated like his own brother and he was gone now. The boy who he had taken care of like his own child for such a long time, was gone.

Furiously, Yongguk shot up and he picked up the knife before he pointed it at Zenon. “You, shall pay.” Yongguk’s deep voice filled with hatred and anger made a few vampires in the Carrion clan flinch but they weren’t afraid of dying. They devoted their life into this in the first place. “The treaty, is broken.” Xiumin breathed out when he leaned against the wall. “What?!” Chen half-whispered, half-shouted before Jongup placed a hand over Chen’s mouth. “Z-Zelo.. is dead.” Jongup whispered when he could hear Yongguk’s voice over the ear piece.

“Your ing member killed my brother and you’ll pay for that!” Yongguk roared before he dashed forward to Zenon but a few vampires blocked Yongguk’s way. Yongguk easily ripped apart one of the vampires head and that’s when everyone was clear on the fact the treaty was broken and anyone can kill anyone. Even the chosen ones could be killed now because once the treaty is broken, they didn’t have to follow the rules anymore, especially when it’s one of their members who died.

“We have to get back up there!” Himchan hissed as he tried to turn around but Luhan wouldn’t let him. Himchan was the second one closest to Zelo and he would do anything to kill the vampire that killed Zelo. "You can't just go up there! We have to find her!" Luhan said but Himchan only hissed. "THEY KILLED MY FRIEND! MY BROTHER! I HAVE TO GET UP THERE!" Himchan shouted but they were lucky that the hallway they were standing in was empty. "Get a grip on yourself Himchan! We know! And we're worried too but you should remember the main purpose we're here in the first place!" Kai shouted before he grabbed Himchan's collar. "The faster we get her out of here, the faster we can go and help them!" Kai reasoned out before Himchan pushed him away. "Luhan, you better make your next move quick. Where to now?" Himchan growled before Luhan shook his head before leading them down the hall and they made a right turn.

They walked down the halls until they heard screeching sounds that sounded horrible to their ears. They froze and Kai turned around as Luhan faced forward to see that there were two vampires trapping them in. Himchan gave Kai a look before the two know what they were supposed to do. Luhan used his mind to make the two vampires fly until their backs met with the wall before Kai and Himchan took care of them. Luhan easily disappeared away before he opened the door only to reveal a flight of stairs down. There was nothing in his mind other than finding Hae Jung. That was all he wanted now. When Kai and Himchan had killed off the two vampires, their eyes widened when Luhan was gone. "Luhan, where are you?" Kai asked before Luhan replied, "You two go up and help them. They need your help."

"What about you?" 

"I'll be fine."

"You need at least one of us with you! Tell us where you are!" Kai demanded before Himchan hissed. "Luhan, this is not the time for you to play hero!"

"Just go damn it! I'll be fine!" Luhan shouted before the two hesitated but the moment they heard shouts and screams over the ear piece from a few members, they quickly ran towards where the members were. "Hae Jung, please be alright." Luhan thought when suddenly, a reply came over his mind. "L-Luhan?" He was wondering how this person could hear his thoughts now but that didn't matter to him. He needed to know where Hae Jung was now.

His eyes widened when a familiar voice had entered his mind. He gulped before he furrowed his eyebrows. He leaned his back against the wall as he stood on one step of the stairs. "Hae Jung?"

"Luhan, what are you doing here?"

"Where are you?!" Luhan sent a thought quickly before he heard the members struggling. More and more of them were getting injured and especially now when they could get killed, there was no more time to spare. "Daehyun and Chen's group, aid to the rest of the members now!" Luhan ordered before Chen replied, "What about Hae Jung?!"

"I don't think she's up here! We've searched almost all the floors we're in and we nearly got killed." Baekhyun replied the same time Chen did before Luhan hissed. "I'll find her on my own! Now go! They need your help! We can't let any more of us die!" Luhan literally shouted again before he could hear them moving towards where all the members were. Luhan has a feeling in him that he was close to Hae Jung, he just needs her to tell him where she was. "Where are you Hae Jung? Where are you in the castle?"

"What the hell are you all doing here?!"

"Just tell me where you are!"

"You disobeyed the rules and came here ruthlessly?! LUHAN! You're putting their lives in danger!"

"You put your life in danger too! How is it always fine when you do it but it's wrong when I do it?!"

"Lu-"

"I'm doing this because I love you now tell me where you are before it's all too late!" Hae Jung was lost for words, or thoughts in this situation before she sighed. "I don't know." She sent a thought before Luhan furrowed his eyebrows. "Hae Jung, this is no time for jokes! Zelo died!"

Her eyes widened before she rammed her fist against the wall but that only hurt her hand. She fell onto the ground with her knees when her mother, father and Alaric gave her a worried look. "What's wron-"

"The treaty is broken." Hae Jung breathed out before Alaric's eyes widened.

"What did you say?"

"THE TREATY IS BROKEN! ONE OF THE CHOSEN ONES DIED!" She shouted before her parents flinched a little at their daughters outburst. "We have to get out of here now. The chosen ones are in this castle now. We have to help them!" Hae Jung shouted before her parents tried to calm her down but it didn't help when she tried barging the door open but it would only hurt her hands. "Stop." Her father said as he tried to pull her away from the door. "I can't! How many more vampires must Zenon kill before he finally obeys the treaty?!" She shouted before she tried to pry away from her father's grip but it was hopeless. She's not in a condition to fight and there was no indication she could. She was already struggling to get up on her feet a moment ago, what now when she's trying to bust the door open?

The sight of Hae Jung being so determined to fight despite her condition and her love for the chosen ones made Alaric feel guilty. He felt anger rushing through him at this very moment. It was rare for him to feel like this but knowing his people were dying at this very moment and God knows how many other people have died before this, it made him clench his fists before he shut his eyes tight to think. "We're getting out of here now."

"But ho-" Her mother was cut off when Alaric opened his eyes, only to reveal his eye color had changed to slight shade of light teal. "Now." Alaric repeated that word again before he pulled Hae Hwa, Kwan Jung and Hae Jung to stand in a circle in front of the door.

 

 


A/N : considering I published it now, on the 14th which is night here, there won't be an update tomorrow until wednesday. Wednesday will be the next update. That's all.