Thank You(?)

Revenge.


P u b l i s h e d   o n : 2 0 / 0 4 / 2 0 1 3
 Chapter Eight  Thank you(?)

"Tch, I didn't even get to say thank you." He muttered softly knowing she couldn't hear him.

 

When they reached the bottom of the mountain, Brian parked the van behind a bunch of trees. Hiding the van completely unless you knew where it was. The boys got down from the van, followed by Celestial and Sty. Lastly Brian and Hae Jung got off the van. The boys were talking among one another, as they were looking around. They weren’t even paying a single respect towards her and Brian. “Take it easy.” Brian whispered into Hae Jung’s ears, trying to calm her down.  He could tell her insides were already boiling.

Hae Jung glanced at Sty, that was on a tree branch not to high off the ground. He let out a loud cry, catching the attention of all the boys. She clapped her hands once, making the boys shift their gaze to her. “Now that I have your attention.. Rule number one,”

“Chit chats and chatters will be done after training, or during breaks. Understood?”

The boys nodded their heads before zipping up their mouths. They’re not that bad after all, quite obedient. That’s what Hae Jung was thinking in her mind, not that anyone could read her mind. Before she could proceed to what she had to say, a voice interrupted her thoughts.

 “I don’t understand.” A guy’s voice spoke up in her mind. Her eyes widened slightly as she turned around. Brian stared at her, with eyes wide open. “Hae is someth-“ she raised her hand in the air, shutting Brian up. She gulped before replying to the man in her mind, “Who are you?”

“H-Hey is everything alri-“ She glared at Sehun, making him shut up so she could hear the man speaking to her in her mind clearly. Sehun sealed his mouth as Kris patted him on the shoulder. “Keep quiet.” Kris whispered.

 “Remember me? Hae Jung?” the man’s voice spoke up in her mind again. She shut her eyes tight, before sliding her hands down her back to reach for her daggers. “I’ll remember you if you tell me who you are.” She replied as she gripped tightly on to her daggers as she opened her eyes to scan the area. Despite being stared at by thirteen boys, that didn’t matter to her now.

“Sty, sky check. Now.” She gave her eagle the command. Her eagle didn’t hesitate to shoot up into the sky in a split second to look for anyone that could cause harm. “Such a pity, you can’t remember me. I guess I’ll just show myself.”

Hae Jung’s eyes started to turn purple as she was getting irritated by the voice in her mind. She knew they weren’t the only ones here. She took out her daggers and soon she felt a presence. She felt it. He said he was going to show himself and he was. “Brian, bring the boys to check the whole area. Don’t split up. It may be too dangerous if they split up. We’re not alone here.” She spoke up as she scanned the area one more time. “And whoever that person is.. They’re not weak.” She whispered before she disappeared.

“W-Wait, what does she mean by that?” Baekhyun asked as he clenched his fists. The boys began to feel nervous. It’s been only a few weeks since they’ve became full vampires and they didn’t have much experience. They didn’t want to be a coward hiding behind Brian but they didn’t want to die either, they wanted to get stronger. “Stay close, let’s move forward. Be alert. I haven’t been here in a long time, God knows who comes here now to train.” Brian spoke up as he signaled the boys to follow him.

Hae Jung quickly jumped from one tree to another, scanning the whole area. She could feel the presence lingering around the area, but he hid his presence well as to not let her know exactly where she was. Little teasing bastard. She pressed her lips together before shutting her eyes tight for a moment.

Meanwhile, with Brian the boys were just walking around scanning the area together as a pack. Kris looked around the area and somehow when he faced front, he couldn’t find the boys anymore. “G-Guys?” he called out as he started to panic a little. This was so unlike of Kris but the thought of being a newborn and getting sidetracked like this made him feel like an . “.” He cussed under his breath as he tried to look around for them.

“Guys!” he hissed as he searched further, deeper into the woods. A vampire smirked upon looking at the hopeless newborn. The vampire could sense Kris was strong if he developed his skills well, but now he was just a baby. As Kris tried to take another step forward, the vampire landed in front of him causing Kris to jerk backwards.

“Why what is a handsome little vampire doing here alone?” the vampire smirked, causing Kris to feel disgusted as he could sense that vampire was up to no good. Kris tried to show he wasn’t afraid, but he had to admit that the aura the vampire had around him was really strong and intimidating. Kris let out a silent growl as he tried to back away from the vampire, but it was no use. That vampire wasn’t alone.

A slight hiss could be heard as Hae Jung sprinted to where she swore she had heard Kris’s voice. She appeared to the scene where her eyes turned red instantly. She swiftly made her way towards Kris, where she stood in front of him to prevent the vampire from harming him any further.

She could smell Kris’s blood as he was cut a few times with a silver dagger on his arms. She eyed the vampire in front of her as he took a step back, afraid of the vampire in front of him. “You shouldn’t have laid your hands on him.” She whispered as she glanced at the taller boy behind her. “Are you alright? Injured anywhere else?” she questioned Kris as he shook his head. She smirked before facing front, where the vampire had tried to escape. She instantly caught him as she was much faster than the vampire. She pinned him down to the ground as she lingered the same silver dagger that vampire had used to cut Kris with.

“Let’s see.. Who sent you?” she whispered into his ears even though she already knew who would’ve send him. The vampire winced in fear as he was afraid of Hae Jung but he tried his very best to stay strong. “What does it have to do with you? You’re no longer important.” he snapped at her. She whispered, “Wrong answer.” before stabbing the dagger into his heart, killing him instantly.

Kris was feeling a little surprised. He was wondering how can she kill another vampire as though it’s as easy as snapping her fingers? He was more surprised that she appeared out of nowhere when he could easily get into deep trouble for lingering away from the pack. And worse? He could've been dead if it wasn't for her.

She kicked the dead vampire away from them as she turned around, with her eyes slowly turning back to brown. She let out a heavy sigh before walking back towards the taller boy she protected a moment ago. She placed her hands on his cuts, as he let out a soft hiss. “Sorry, this will hurt just a little.” He nodded his head as she started to hum a soft lullaby that could easily put him to sleep if she hadn’t stop soon.

She lifted her hand and soon the cuts were gone. His eyes widened as he looked up to gape his mouth open. “Walk straight, and make a left. They should be waiting for you there.” Was all Hae Jung said before she swiftly continued to scan the area. Before Kris could even blink, she was gone from his sight. “Tch, I didn’t even get to say thank you.” He muttered softly knowing she couldn’t hear him before following Hae Jung’s directions.

“Where were you?” Chen asked as he elbowed Kris the moment Kris caught up behind them. “I got lost a little, but I found you guys with a little bit of help.” Chen shrugged it off as he remained alert to his surroundings. “Guys,” Brian called out as he stopped walking. “this will be your first training test.” The newborns furrowed their eyebrows as they don’t even know there is a test on the first day of training.

Just like that, thirteen boys were surrounded by five vampires. And they weren’t the friendliest vampires out there. “My my my, look at who it is. Brian?” one of the female vampire greeted Brian as Brian could only roll his eyes at her. “When you call my name out like that, it sounds horrible. Don’t do it again.”

“Who are these guys, Brian?” Suho whispered as Brian quickly scanned the vampires surrounding them. “s you should kill. I know you can do it. Work as a team.” Was all Brian said before leaving the twelve of them to battle against the four other newborns as he chased after the female vampire.

“Chen! Watch out!” Tao exlclaimed before he stopped time to push Chen out of the way before the newborn could pounce on him. Tao’s powers only lasted for a few seconds as time resumed and the battle continued. Even though it was twelve against four, it was tricky. They only managed to kill one of them. The remaining three was a bit stronger compared to them. Slowly they were feeling tired and they were getting injured almost everywhere in their body. "Kris! Flip this boy up!" D.O. shouted at Kris, causing the boy to make their current enemy shoot up into the sky as D.O. shook the ground, causing the ground to split into two. The vampire fell into the hole immediately as Chanyeol tried his best to make fire come out to burn the vampire as D.O. crashed the vampire by sealing up the hole in the ground.

"Impressive." Hae Jung whispered softly as she was watching all of this from above. "Suho! Water!" Lay shouted at Suho, as Suho quickly whipped around to pour water all over the vampire as Chen made a lightning strike onto the vampire drenched in water, electrocuting him. The vampire fell to the ground and it looked like he was fried as his face couldn't be seen anymore. "One more!" Tao shouted as one last vampire tried to run away because he know it was no use trying to fight against them, he would die. Twelve of them managed to surround the last vampire. "Who will kill him?" they questioned as Tao took a step front. "I'll try." before Tao knew it, the vampire had wrapped his arms around Tao.

"What the hell?" Tao cursed as the vampire holding him smirked. "One move and I'll kill you instantly." his voice was serious, and deadly. The eleven boys backed off immediately. "Don't hurt him!" Sehun shouted as the vampire smirked. "You killed three of my friends, killing one of yours shouldn't affect you."

"I think you should do what the boy says." Hae Jung spoke up before appearing to the scene. "Y-You.." the vampire croaked out as she swiftfully pushed Tao away before pinning the vampire down. "You.." Hae Jung whispered as her eyes slowly changed purple.

The vampire under her widened his eyes as those sayings about the prodigy was true. It was her. Not once would he ever thought he would encounter her in a situation like this. "..must be new here." she smirked before getting up. "I'll let you off," she spoke up as she kicked his leg. "but if you touch these boys again, you know I can find you." he knew that she could because once she had down anyone's scent, she could find them no matter where they are.

That vampire sprinted off immediately, leaving Hae jung with the twelve vampires. "Well done." she complimented them as she eyed each and every one of them. Most of them had widen their eyes, unsure if they were dreaming or not. "What?" they chorused at the same time before she furrowed her eyebrows in annoyance. "I said well done." she repeated those words again before turning her back to face them. "We'll head back now, let's just start your training tomorrow."

“W-Wait,” Xiumin called out as some of them had a bad feeling in their gut. “What? What’s wrong?” She questioned as she furrowed her eyebrows. 

“B-Brian..” A few of them croaked out at the same time. She looked around them and noticed Brian was gone. “That idiot.. Stay here.” She whispered before she disappeared.

“If you don’t shut up about her, I’ll break your neck.” Brian hissed as he has never been so furious before in his life. “Oh like you could’ve done anything to save him. He died because of her.” She smirked as she dodged his next attack. She grabbed onto a tree branch to pull her up high as she stood there, smirking down on him. “Looks like someone is still a bit protective over someone.”

Brian hissed before letting out a soft growl. “Don’t you dare bring her into this topic again.”

“And what if I do?”

“Like I said, I’ll break your neck.” He warned before he used his mind to tear the huge tree trunk she was standing on into pieces. It broke off as if it was a plank of wood. She fell to the ground but easily got up to flee. A girl grabbed her by her neck, causing her to fall down to the ground. Hae Jung pinned her down as the vampire under her gulped. “What are you doing here? It’s such a shame you can still show your face here.” The vampire smirked as Hae Jung’s eyes started to fill with guilt, and anger.

“I could say the same to you.” Hae Jung leaned away before standing up. “Leave, and no one gets hurt.” Hae Jung warned her as the vampire got up, only to immediately disappear away from them and leaving their territory. Brian wanted to go after her, but Hae Jung stopped him. “Just..let’s just head back, hmm? The boys are injured.” She shrugged her shoulders before brushing past him.

It was dead silent in the van, no one spoke to one another as they could feel the atmosphere in the van rising up. “Brian, let it go.” Hae Jung spoke up, breaking the silence as she could feel what Brian was feeling. Brian let out a heavy sigh before running his fingers through his maroon hair. “I’ll kill that .”

Hae Jung softly chuckled, catching the attention of all the boys in the van except for Brian. “We’ll have our chance, for now.. We’ll have to focus on these guys.” She stated before glancing at the twelve boys staring at her.