Confidence.

Revenge.


P u b l i s h e d   o n : 1 0 / 2 0 / 2 0 1 3
 Chapter Four  Confidence.

All of the boys nodded their heads at once, with full confidence of being the chosen ones.

 

Brian pushed them into a black van that had enough space for the twelve newborns to sit in as they waited for Hae Jung. The six boys sat on the left side of the van, while the other six sat on the bench opposite them. The van wasn’t any ordinary van. It was a bulletproof van that had a few layers of metal surrounding it to prevent any vampires from breaking into it easily. It was just big enough for everyone to fit in.

The inside walls of the van had maps and a small cabinet filled with guns. None of the newborns dared to speak, as the aura Brian had around him had changed. It made the atmosphere more tensed as Brian took off his jacket, revealing a few scratches on his arms but he didn’t feel any pain. He tossed his jacket on to the driver’s seat before running his fingers through his maroon hair.

A few newborns noticed his scars he had on his arms and one scar on the back of his neck. Brian took in a deep breath before he hid away his aura instantly, lifting up the atmosphere. He turned around as he dragged a stool to sit in front of the two rows of newborns sitting before him. He smiled a little, making the newborns feel at ease. "You don't have to worry about her, she'll be fine." he assured them as he could tell most of them were feeling guilty that they had to leave Hae Jung alone to battle against hoards of nine tailed foxes.

"Are you sure she'll be fine?" A taller newborn asked, who had black eyes along with black hair. Brian smirked before he let out a soft sigh. "Fine. I don't know, maybe she'll get killed."

"What?!" A few of them chorused as some of them had their eyes open wide as the jerked forward from the bench. "I was just kidding, she's killed hundreds of nine tailed foxes during this lifetime. Fifty or less couldn't hurt." he chuckled softly before eyeing one of them carefully. The boys started to feel uncomfortable but they felt alright again when his lips twitched a little. “Tell me your name and abilities.”

Hae Jung grunted as she fell to the ground after totally wiping out the building filled with nine tailed foxes. She dodged the attack of the fox that tried to choke her with her tail. She managed to kick the fox, sending the fox to fly across the room. She pulled herself together as she took out the knife that stabbed her arm. She threw it across the room, landing on the foxes forehead. She ripped the hem of her shirt to wrap around her arm. Even though the wound would easily patch up within a few minutes, she preferred to wrap it with a piece of cloth.

She smirked before glancing at Victoria, one of the leaders of the nine tailed foxes laying dead on the ground. “Looks like I kept my word.” She muttered softly before walking towards the dead fox, bending down to gently close her eyes shut. She stood back up only to jump out of the building to land at the back of the van. She felt a force coming from behind her as she dodged it, letting one more nine tailed fox bang onto the back of the van.

“You managed to get away.” Hae Jung whispered softly before kicking the fox until the fox flew a few meters away from her. The van doors opened, revealing Brian along with the faces of a few newborns that had their eyes wide open. “Hae! What the hell?!” Brian raised his voice slightly as she quickly diverted her attention back to the fox that got up immediately to dash towards her.

Before Hae Jung could react to the fox, a white image appeared pushing away the fox. Hae Jung’s eyes darted to the fox that was currently being ripped apart by Celestial. Within seconds, the fox was torn apart to a few pieces. Hae Jung smirked as the tigress walked towards her direction after finishing off the fox. “Thanks.” Hae Jung muttered before getting pulled into the van. Brian shut the doors tight with his mind after both the eagle and the tigress got into the van.

Brian let out a heavy sigh before pushing her to sit down on the stool, in front of the two rows of newborns. “What?” she snapped at him as she tried to get up but he wouldn’t let her. “I told you to be careful.” He shut his eyes tight for a moment before tucking a few strands of her hair behind her ear. “You know how I would feel if something happened to you.” She reached for his hands before gripping them tight. “I’m safe, and these boys are safe. That’s all that matters.” She said as she got up from the stool, only to switch places with Brian as she pushed him to sit down on the stool.

“Start from your name and abilities again.” Brian ordered them again for Hae Jung to hear as all of them took in a deep breath.

“I’m Suho, with the ability of water.” A tall guy with wide black eyes spoke first as Hae Jung didn’t even look like she was listening. Soon all twelve boys had introduced themselves and Hae Jung still didn’t turn around to face them as she was still staring at the maps pasted on the walls of the van. A few of them grew annoyed as they felt like they were talking to a wall.

“Are you even listening?” one of the newborns that went by the name of Tao questioned her. His feistiness sparked her up instantly.

Brian lightly hit the boy’s shoulder, signaling him he shouldn’t have said that. Sure Hae Jung should have at least pretended to look like she was listening, but she just saved their asses from the nine tailed foxes. A little respect would be nice. Hae Jung turned around only to glare at the boy that said that to her. For once, Tao actually felt intimidated. “You’re Tao with the power of time control.” She started out as she took a step closer towards the two rows of boys. “He’s Chen, power of lightning. That’s Xiumin, power of frost. Then it’s Lay, power of healing.”

She pointed at the boy she’s seen before the other day that was sitting on the tree branch. “That’s Luhan, with the power of telekinesis. He’s Kris, power of flight.” She went on and on until she mentioned every single boy’s name whilst listing out their powers and abilities. It was all on point and correct, not having a single mistake of name pronunciation anywhere.

All the boys were left in shock, they didn’t know she could exactly remember all of that in an instant. What more when she wasn’t even looking at them in the first place, but she could match the names and the abilities perfectly. “Satisfied?” she questioned before rolling her eyes at the young lad. “Head back home, Yunho will be back soon.” Hae Jung told Brian as he got up to drive them back home.

During the ride back, it was awkward. Heck, it was dead silent. Tao felt bad that he said such things to her, but he didn’t regret them though. Hae Jung was sitting beside Brian by the driver’s seat. The twelve newborns had so many questions on their mind that they were flooding Hae Jung’s mind even though it was quiet. They couldn’t bring themselves to ask them. “Ask whatever you want, the questions in your minds are all attacking my brain at once.” Hae Jung said as she stared at the trees passing by.

The boys widened their eyes as they eyed one another. “Y-You can read minds?” Baekhyun questioned as she let out a soft scoff. “More or less. But I usually don’t do it. Today was an exception.” She answered as she leaned back, waiting for more questions to be asked.

“Who are the two of you?” Kris asked as he was staring at the back of Hae Jung and Brian’s head.

“Let’s just say,” Brian started off as he glanced at Hae Jung and couldn’t help but smile. “we’re here to help. That’s all you need to know. We have no intentions of hurting you.”

“Before we go on,” Brian voiced up as he glanced back at the twelve boys sitting behind him. “Are you twelve the chosen ones?”

All of the boys nodded their heads at once, with full confidence of being the chosen ones.

Hae Jung let out a scoff again, this time loud enough for all them to hear. “This should be interesting.”

“Are you sure we can trust them?” Suho whispered to Kris softly, causing the two of them to steal glances at Brian and Hae Jung.

“They look like they’re Yunho’s people, I don’t think they would do anything.” Xiumin commented softly, being careful so Brian and Hae Jung wouldn’t hear him.

“Let’s stay on our feet alright? We can never be too careful.” Kris informed everyone as they nodded their heads thinking they weren't listening.

"Do we look that bad to them?" Brian whispered as Hae Jung let out a soft scoff. "Like we'd do anything to hurt those babies." she snapped at him before taking a quick glance at the boys through the mirror. She saw how they were sitting quietly, not moving an inch as though they were prisoners. "Yeah, definitely not hurting those babies." she whispered softly.

Most of the boys looked like all their energy had been drained out of them. She could see it in their faces through the mirror. She tilted the mirror away when she caught Chanyeol staring at her the whole time. Once they reached their home, Hae Jung got up first to get down from the van. Celestial and Sty followed Hae Jung back into the house as Brian scrounged his nose.

“Fine, leave me to do everything.” Brian complained softly before he started to wake a few of them up.

The boys were hesitant to enter the house. So they just stood by the door. Brian noticed this but before he could do anything, Hae Jung appeared by the doorstep glaring at all of them. She read all of their minds and they were having second thoughts about following them in the first place. Baekhyun was thinking that they would get killed if they went in. D.O. was wondering how her eyes were purple and now it was brown. Chanyeol was wondering if they would get tortured once they stepped in the house. Kris and Suho had the exact same thoughts which were, ‘Can we really trust them?’. Kai along with the rest, were thinking why two of them were sent to help them.

All of their thoughts were really ticking Hae Jung off. Usually she’s patient, but today just wasn’t her day.

“Look, if you think we’re going to kill you, leave. We get it that we seem suspicious that we’re helping you all of the sudden. But we’re doing this out of orders that we get from our leader. So get in and we’ll keep you safe until Yunho comes. We don’t expect you to give us your trust one hundred percent, but don’t make it look like we’re your enemies. If we were really your enemies, we would've sit back down and watch those nine tailed foxes tear you apart. Plus, it’s not like we’re desperate to kill our own clan members.”

They looked at one another but none of them budged. “God damn it.” She cussed as she walked away from the door. Brian came closer towards them to welcome them to come in. Soon they decided to enter their house slowly as they still weren’t too sure about trusting these two people. Not that they thought they would harm them anymore, just that they just needed something to confirm it. “Sit here in the living room, Yunho will be back soon and maybe then you could leave to follow his orders. Meanwhile, don’t go anywhere. You’re safe here.” Brian ordered them as most of them had taken a place on the sofas and one or two of them sat down on the ground.

Hae Jung tied her hair up into a messy bun, revealing her neck and collarbone. She sat down by the dining table as Brian sat opposite her. Even though the newborns were sitting in the living room, they could see the other two vampires at the dining table perfectly. That was another reason why they kept staring.

“See here, they’ve attacked from this region. Now they came from this region. I’m sure this means something. It’s starting all over again. They can't be using the same plan they did a few centuries ago, can they?” Brian said as he pointed from one spot to another. Hae Jung shook her head slightly before furrowing her eyebrows. “This is all too complicating. Why are they coming from different directions again? They know damn well we can easily just kill them because we know the incident that happened before this. And if they were to let history repeat itself again, I'll go all out in killing each and every one of them.”

“Are they underestimating us?” Hae Jung questioned as she looked up at Brian. He smirked before leaning in closer with his face inches away from Hae Jung’s. “You know they can never do that.” Gasps could be heard from the living room as Hae Jung shot a look at the boys sitting in the living room. All the boys looked away and tried to pretend like they weren’t staring even though that was the only thing they’ve been doing.

“Let’s just talk when they’re gone. They're pretty nosy.” Hae Jung said as she kicked her chair away softly when she stood up. “Sty.” Hae Jung called her eagle as the eagle flew towards her to land on her shoulder. She disappeared within seconds as Brian let out a sigh. “W-We’re sorry.” Sehun softly apologized, catching Brian’s attention. Brian got up from his chair to walk towards the boys sitting in the living room. He felt sorry for the newborns actually. He could understand the pain and confusion they were going through, but he had no right to tell them what to do or feel at the moment.

Brian pulled a chair from the corner to sit in the middle of the living room as all the boys gathered to sit down in front of him. “Sorry about that,” he apologized as he glanced back at the stairs. “Celest, check on Hae.” He ordered his tigress as the tigress made a slight nod before making her way up towards Hae Jung’s room.

“She’s just not very good with people.” Brian shrugged his shoulders slightly, receiving understanding nods from the boys. “So, how is it being newborns so far?” that was Brian’s all-time-favorite question. He would ask all newborns that question, and he couldn’t slip the chance to ask a bunch of newborns that happen to be chosen ones.

“It’s hard.” Chanyeol answered first before biting the inside of his cheek. “The thirst and the drastic body changes. It’s all hard to adapt to.” Lay spoke up, considering that he was a healer that understood the body better than anyone in the group. “But it shouldn’t be a problem I guess.” Chen added as Xiumin continued. “We’ll be able to get used to it soon.”

Brian smiled softly as those were the exact same answers that he’s heard from most newborns just that these twelve were different. They were so confident. But these were just minor problems, soon it won’t be a bother to them. Brian had another thought in his mind too. He wondered how did they react when they were chosen to be the chosen ones? But he decided to save that question for later, when he’s finally gain their trust.

“Not to worry. All of this is common. Soon these will be nothing to you.” He assured them as some of them felt a bit relief. “S-Sorry but, what is your name?” Luhan asked as he had his eyes wide open.

“You didn’t exactly tell us your name.” Kris finished Luhan’s sentence. Brian smirked before glancing back at the stairs to see if Celestial or Hae Jung was going to come down. It looked like they weren’t going to come down anytime soon.

“Name’s Brian. Brian Wong. I’m 21 years old.”

The boys’ eyes widened at the same time before some of them shouted, “What?!”

“Does that mean you’re a newborn too?”
“Are you sure!?”
“You’re not tricking us right?”

 

A laugh could be heard from the front door, causing Brian to stand up immediately to check on who it was. “It’s just me.” Yunho said as he entered the living room after shutting the door tight. “Boys, he’s 21 years old in human age. He’s way older in vampire age.” Yunho cleared the statement as Brian couldn’t stop smiling.

“You just love to mess with the newborns, don’t you?” Yunho questioned as he ruffled Brian’s hair. “At least I’m communicating with them.” Brian shrugged his shoulders before he brush past Yunho. “Wait,” Yunho called him out as Brian froze, turning around to look at Yunho. “Get her down here, we have something to discuss.” Yunho smiled warmly before receiving a nod from Brian.