Taking Risks.

Revenge.

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 1 0 / 0 7 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Fifty-Five  Taking Risks.

"I may be young, and I may not be strong like the most of you but I'm definitely not heartless."

 
 
Luhan opened his eyes to notice that he was already back at the house on the floor where he shared with everyone. It seems that Daehyun, Zelo, Sehun and Tao were the ones who found him lying down on the ground and the four of them took turns to carry Luhan back. These four were the four who just wandered around and explored the area and so happened, they reached to where Luhan was lying at. Luhan passed out for nearly two hours now and he shut his eyes the moment they opened. "Is he alright?" Kris asked Lay who came by Luhan who was lying down on the bed. "His body condition is fine. He has minor injuries but he's alright. No major injuries." Lay explained before the few vampires surrounding Luhan sighed. "Then what's wrong with him?" Suho asked when Luhan's eyes opened, only to make the whole room silent.
 
"Where's Hae Jung?" Daehyun asked softly and Luhan's eyes widened when he heard that name being said. He gave himself a hard slap across the face, only to receive questioning looks from everything but that didn't matter to him. He just wanted everything that had happened to not be true. He just wanted someone to snap at him and he would wake up from this nightmare. From the nightmare of getting hurt. From the nightmare of when things were so great, why would they always fall apart so soon before he could even begin to enjoy it? He swallowed before he let out a bitter chuckle. "She's gone, alright?" There was more behind that line and everyone could see it through Luhan like glass, even though Luhan would deny it over and over again that they don't understand him, but they do. It's hard falling in love with someone who has so much on their shoulders that they won't even give you half of what they go through.
 
The boys around Luhan widened their eyes before Jongup walked over from his bed, being the only one who had anger rising up in him and the rest could see it when they saw Jongup clenching his fists.
 
"What do you mean she left us?"
 
"She betrayed us too."
 
“B-Betrayed us? What do you mean?” Yongguk asked as he stood up. Luhan was going to get up from his bed but he only managed to sit up. “Luhan, explain to us.” Kris said and Luhan just got off the bed. At first Luhan fell when he stood up but after a while when the words Hae Jung had said rang at the back of his head, anger took over his body and he found the strength to walk as he pushed himself up. “You want me to explain? Fine! I’ll explain.” Everyone jerked at his sudden outburst but they wanted to listen to what he has to say.
 
“We were in the woods together, alone when Zenon and his men came out of nowhere. It would be impossible for us to escape and for us to get help, it would be just as pointless because we were so far off from where you all were. He caught us and wanted to bring us back but Hae Jung told him to just ditch me because I’m not worth of a vampire he should take. She told him that..” he gulped when he found himself on the edge of crying but he knew this was something he shouldn't cry about. He may love her but he still has his pride. In which his pride would be thrown away any minute soon. “..I meant nothing to her and all those days of just being with her meant nothing. I was just a bait to show everyone that she could get along with the chosen ones again. To show that the bond between her and the chosen ones were as good as everyone would think. This was all just a game. A game of testing one's trust and love.” He clicked his tongue as he tried to calm himself down as everyone tried to sink in what he was saying.
 

“I really thought she loved me.” He breathed out softly and Lay shot up from Luhan's bed. “Where is Hae Jung now?” Lay asked and Luhan wiped his tear away before it could even roll down. “Zenon took her to God knows where and I was left unconcious after Zenon injected something in me."

“You idiot.” Jongup said as he shook his head. “I’m not in the mood for a fight.” Luhan growled as Jongup came to stand in front of Luhan. “Can’t you see what she did? She helped you.”

“She did nothing but crush my heart.” Luhan snapped back at Jongup and Jongup hissed before he gripped onto Luhan’s collar. “SHE SAVED YOUR LIFE!” Luhan’s eyes darkened and Tao came to pull apart Jongup away from Luhan. Jongup couldn't stand it but he gripped onto Luhan's collar again before slamming him against the wall. A crack appeared on top of Luhan's head all the way down to his back after how hard Jongup slammed him against the wall. “Can’t you see that she said all those things just so Zenon would let you off the hook? If she were to tell Zenon that you were the love of her life, wouldn’t that make him want to take you with him?!” Jongup half-explained, half-shouted as he was this close to punching Luhan but Luhan growled. "Let me go." Luhan said in a low tone before Jongup abruptly pushed him away as he let go of his collar. "Like I'd waste my blows on you. You're one ." Jongup scoffed before Jongup walked away, slamming the door shut as he made his way out of the house.

"Jongup!" Yongguk called him out but it was too late. "We'll go after him." Kyungsoo, Daehyun and Chanyeol said as the three quickly disappeared to follow Jongup.

“He’s right.” Xiumin said as he got up. “If Zenon were to know that you and Hae Jung shared something special, that is a huge point for him to take you in. She only said those words so she could show Zenon that she’s the only one he should take. Not you along with him.” Xiumin spoke up and Luhan’s eyes darkened even more. “She was just trying to save you.” Suho spoke up this time as he stood up. Luhan let another tear run down his cheek. How could he be so foolish to just be blinded by the words she’s been saying and not see what she was actually trying to do just to save him? He growled before he headed towards the door.

“Where are you going?” Kai asked sternly before he gripped onto Luhan’s arm, knowing that if Luhan would leave now, he would do things rashly without thinking of the consequences first. Of course he wasn't the only one who thought this way but Kai was the closest to Luhan. “Let me go!” Luhan roared as he pushed Kai away until Kai’s back came in contact with the bookshelf. The bookshelf cracked and the books along with a vase fell off, landing onto Kai as Luhan stormed out of the house and Kris hissed. “Tao and Sehun, get him back in here. We can’t let him go out like that on his own.” Kris ordered softly and the two nodded their heads before they disappeared to go after Luhan. “You alright?” Baekhyun asked as he helped Kai up. “That brat is just too emotional.” Kai  hissed as he pulled out the glass vase piece pierced into his arm to throw it out of the window.

“Now what?” Yongguk asked before the other two older ones, Kris and Suho gave one another one kind of look. “Now? We plan." Kris voiced out before everyone circled around. "W-What do we tell the Praecipuus Brothers?" Chen asked and everyone froze before they thought about it.

"And Onew..?"

"What about Brian?"

"We're strong enough to make our own decisions. It wasn't too long before she was taken away. We don't know when they'll be back but I'm sure maybe they've sensed something already. We still have a chance of getting her back here before anything bad happens to her." Kris spoke up but Suho didn't feel too good about this. He has heard about the things Zenon would do to the chosen ones before the war was initiated.  Believe it or not, there were books about the war that happened and Suho had read all of them. Like how he has one special room just to keep all of them in and Zenon would torture them one by one before killing them when the war was called on. It send shudders down his spine just thinking about the rumors and the 'facts' written in the book. Not that he doubted the skills he and s had, God no. They were much stronger now and they had a chance of winning against the members in the Carrion clan but what if things don't turn out as they planned?

Suho understood clearly that no matter how much man power you have, it doesn't indicate that you'll win the fight that easily. "Guys, I don't think this is safe." Suho breathed out and some of them disagreed with him. "You can't say that! Hae Jung is captured there and God knows what would happen to her?!" Zelo raised his voice at the older one in the room and this was finally the first time Suho raised his voice back. "What if something happens to us?!" his rage was definitely rare that it shut Zelo up immediately. "What if we get killed even before the war starts? Mind you, we're what the future holds. Whatever happens to us may change the future and if we don't play our roles well, many lives may be taken away. Innocent lives and souls taken away just like that. Do you want that?!"

Gulping, Zelo shot up and decided to let it all out. Just because he's young, doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's talking about either. What does Suho know so much about that Zelo can't find a way to get his point across? "Without her, we wouldn't be here today!" Zelo shouted back and Suho blinked before he his lips nervously. "Who would we be today if it wasn't for our trainers?! You saw how they would just risk their lives to save ours! Why can't we do the same for them?!" 

"Z-Zel-" Yongguk called the younger one out but the young one couldn't and wouldn't listen. "NO! I'm sick of all this! I'm sick of us not being able to show that we are able and can do what we're supposed to do. Are we just going to sit here and let them possibly torture or even kill Hae Jung?! I may be young, and I may not be strong like the most of you but I'm definitely not heartless. Can you all lie here at night and sleep knowing the girl who possibly trained you for hours over so many months, just so you could develop your powers, get tortured because we, or you didn't do anything to save her?! Can you continue to sleep peacefully knowing this isn't her first time suffering for us?! CAN YOU?!" Zelo was panting from all the words he was shouting out that he didn't realize he was holding his breath in the whole time.

It was silent and no one could say a thing. Who knows how long Zelo has been holding in his thoughts and this was the one time he will not sit back and let him get treated like a kid. He'll not sit back down and let an innocent girl die just for the sake of protecting them when they could protect her too. He may be young, but he's mature enough to think otherwise. "See?" Zelo breathed out before he clicked his tongue. "None of you can say anything, because everything I said was on point." Zelo scoffed before he made his way towards the door. "Z-Zelo, where are you going?" Youngjae asked the younger one who didn't bother to answer as he slammed the door shut behind him. Suho exhaled heavily before he fell to his knees. "What do we do?" Suho breathed out before Yongguk got down on his knees to pat Suho's shoulder.

"There comes a time when we need to make important decisions. Times when we need to think through, what's important, what's right and what's the next move we have to plan next. And so happened, our time is now."

"It's either we face up to the problem together or not at all." Kris added before Yongguk nodded his head.

"Sometimes, the things we make and the decision we make may not be the brightest idea but it's the decision our heart makes." Yongguk voiced out and he looked up before everyone sat down in a circle. "Now let me see a number of hands who do not want to proceed with going to Zenon's castle to save Hae Jung?"

No one raised their hands and Yongguk was rather surprised than amused as he stood on his feet with everyone sitting down surrounding him. "Even if it means there may be a chance you'll die? A chance that you may not get out alive?" Yongguk tried to keep on going but then he saw the determination in their eyes. There was no way that the rest of them would let Hae Jung suffer alone there. It's either they go there and get trapped with her to suffer together or they probably won't accept themselves for letting a girl suffer for them. No, they can never get over the fact of her death. Yongguk smirked before he glanced at Kris and Suho. "Seems like we need to have a plan."

"Piss off." She kicked Zenon the moment they were left alone in a room. She was blindfolded the moment she stepped foot into the castle but that didn't stop her from analyzing the place. Just because she was brought back here means she was going to die. Hell no she would go down without a fight. At the very least she would want to die trying than not try at all. She couldn't exactly tell where she was going but she was tied up and she was dragged until she was very deep inside the castle. She could tell because they made her walk for about 10 minutes now. "Get in." one of the vampires hissed as he pushed her in because she didn't want to walk. She could hear gasps in the room but she couldn't tell whose voice it was. "NO!" she heard a woman's voice screaming and gaped open when the voice rang at the back of her mind.

"M-Mom?" she thought before she gulped. "You get your hands off her now." another voice of a man could be heard from the room and her eyes widened even though she was blindfolded. The voices were too familiar. She furrowed her eyebrows as she couldn't tell whose this voice belonged to until the next voice spoke up. "Don't you dare lay a finger on her. You can hurt us, not her." another man growled and that voice snapped into her mind like a twig. They were her parents. They were alive and it was just crazy being in the same place they were. Just how long they were locked up down here without having a chance to escape?

Why exactly were they down here? And who was that extra person in the room? Wherever room they were in, she wanted to just see again but much to her dismay she was soon pushed until her back came in contact with wood. She hissed but then she was untied and soon her arms spread out as she was tied onto a board along with her legs tied down together on the board as now she was tied onto the board without her feet touching the ground. "What the hell is going on?" she growled lowly before she could hear Zenon's chuckles. "You my dear, are going to be the show for your beloved ones." 

She gulped before she tried to make the best out of the situation. "What do you mean by show? Untie me!" she roared but it was hopeless when someone stuffed a piece of cloth into and taped it over to seal it shut. Making it almost impossible for her to spit it out. "If I can't force it out, I'll just make force to take it out." She thought but then her mind wouldn't coordinate with her wishes. It's like her powers were taken away and there was no way she could use her powers. "What?" her inner voice spoke up before she couldn't understand what was going on. It was like being in the Underworld all over again where she was alone; not literally but it sure felt like it at this time, powerless and vulnerable.

"Let her go! Having the three of us here is more than enough!" The same man in the room she had heard earlier shouted but Zenon could only chuckle. "No brother. Where would all the fun be if I just let you all have your little reunion down here? At least let me have some fun with her. Soon you all can have your little reunion." Zenon said in a honeyed voice in a sense where it may sound 'sweet' but this man wasn't even close to having a heart. "B-Brother? Zenon's brother is..-" she thought and she was trying to put all the pieces together but it was getting too loud in her mind with all the screams and shouts in the room.

"Untie her now!"

"I swear I won't let you off if you do this!"

"Let her go!"

She couldn't make up in her mind who were these people anymore. They were all jumbling up in her mind she was confused on what she would do. "What exactly is goi-" Her thoughts were interrupted when she felt burnings of quicksilver rods on her wrists. Her screams and cries were muffled and she shut her eyes tight even though she couldn't see a thing with the patethic blindfold on. It wasn't long until she felt burning rods pressing onto all parts of her body. One rod on each of her legs and her arms along with one on her stomach. The pain was unbearable and it felt like millions of bees just stinging onto her skin at once and if it was possible it felt like a needle was injecting all the way in and there was no indication of when to stop.

"Someone, please make it stop."