That's The Spirit.

Revenge.


P u b l i s h e d   o n : 0 8 / 0 5 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Nineteen  : That's The Spirit.

"There's no try when it comes to life or death. You must. Unless of course, you want to die."

 

When they reached an isolated place in the forest, well you can’t really call it a forest since there were barely any trees but it was definitely spacious enough for them to train. The sun was just rising and the weather was good. They gulped but they tried to pull themselves together because they had an eerie feeling around them. They hated how it was so quiet and it felt deadly but this was only the beginning. “What are we doing here?” Lay questioned as Kyle smirked. “We’re here to train, silly. Oops, I’ll be back in a minute.” Was all Kyle said before he disappeared. Brian chuckled before shaking his head as some of them furrowed their eyebrows. “Hey Brian,” Chen called Brian out as he lifted up his chin to look at the boy. “What does Kyle mean by The Honour Newborn of the Dynarion Clan?”

Brian scoffed before shaking his head again. “He told you huh? That is a big showoff.” He muttered softly before smiling. “He was one of the chosen ones, just like you guys.” He pointed at each and every one of them to emphasize on his point. “Let’s just say, he was basically considered a legend during our time on how fast he could improve his skills within a week. Even though he was a newborn, he easily had his mind set to only three things.” Brian held up three fingers before the twelve sat down on the ground in front of Brian.

“To kill,” he closed one finger. “Strive,” another finger. “And survive.” He closed the last finger before dropping his hand down to his side. “This impressed Hae Jung more than she had expected. He was given the title ‘The Honour Newborn of the Dynarion Clan’ because of his remarkable skills. Just at the age of..145 years old I think, he was able to join me and Hae Jung in training some of the newborns that came in. I would say it’s pretty impressive.”

“Well thank you, thank you.” Kyle spoke as he appeared behind Brian. “And need I mention, he is one cocky bastard.”

“A cocky bastard who earned his title fair and square. Thank you very much.” Kyle snickered before disappearing from Brian’s sight before he could smack him, which would pass through him again. “So, you guys want to buckle up on your skills? Especially on your powers? And probably impress Hae Jung?” he smiled before the boys nodded their heads. “Well then, say hello to your new trainers.” They furrowed their eyebrows as they couldn’t see anyone apart from themselves, Brian and Kyle. “Is this some kind of sick joke?” Tao asked as Kyle hushed him. Kyle clapped his hands once and soon enough, appeared eleven spirits that surrounded them. Their faces paled and the look on their face was priceless that Kyle had to burst out laughing. Brian rolled his eyes before greeting some of them who he had knew pretty well when they were still alive.

“W-Who are these people?”

“I can see these guys ask a lot of questions. They resemble you a lot, Kyle.” One of them spoke up as she flicked a fireball at Kyle. “Hey! Save the powers for them! Don’t abuse your powers on me, nitwits.”

Some of them scoffed before trying to take down Kyle who easily disappeared. He reappeared back with a smug look on his face when they couldn’t get him. “Alright, play times over. Guys, you know what to do. As for you twelve, these will be your mentors for three weeks. They will spread out and one by one will demonstrate what powers they possess. From there you should know who is your mentor. If you still don’t know, I’ll need to mentally kick you until you understand.” Kyle announced as Kyle’s friends, who were also spirits spread out around the area. One girl shot a fireball up in the air that easily exploded to a few more fireballs, grabbing the attention of everyone including Chanyeol. “Woah..” Chanyeol let out softly as he made his way towards her.

In no times the boys were paired up with their respective mentors, who weren’t alive but well they had enough experience with their own powers to share their knowledge with them. Only Luhan was left without a partner, this was where Kyle had to step in. “Are you sure you’ll be fine by yourselves with them?” Brian asked before he realized he had to be somewhere. “I’m sure, plus I have eleven spirits here. I think we should be fine.” Kyle smiled sheepishly before Brian nodded to leave.

“K-Kyle, I don’t have a mentor.” Luhan frowned slightly when he looked around him where his friends all had mentors who were already in serious trainings. Teaching them all sorts of strategies and tactics while Luhan was the odd one out. “I don’t have a mentor?” Luhan tilted his head but Kyle could only smile. “You’re looking at your mentor.” Luhan’s eyes widened as he let out an inaudible “What?”

“Come, let’s start our practice. I want you to stand out from the rest.” Kyle smirked before walking past a few pairs. “Don’t get your hopes up, jackass.” Erin, Chanyeol’s mentor snapped at Kyle before he could continue walking to find an empty spot. “Yeah, it’s not like we don’t have a chance. Everyone here is pretty much equal.” Mike, Kyungsoo’s mentor tossed a huge rock at their way before Kyle stopped the huge rock to make it burst into pieces, leaving the boys to stare at how they easily tossed an attack at one another. “We’ll see about that when they go against each other.”

“What?!” some of them gulped as their eyes darted from their mentors to Kyle. “Well that is the only way you have to learn. If we don’t put you up into fights like these, how the hell will you guys learn? Do you want to survive or not?” They immediately looked away and concentrated on training harder with their respective trainers. Kyle always had his way with words, another trait that Hae Jung hated but loved at the same time. “Well Luhan, let’s just hope you have the right mind set to strive for the best.”

“I’ll try my best.”

“There is no try when it comes to life or death. You must. Unless of course, you want to die.”

Luhan widened his eyes as he shook his head. “I will try my best.” Kyle smiled before patting him on the shoulder. “That’s the spirit I’m looking for.” Kris and Chanyeol stole glances at Kyle where he was teaching Luhan some skills. Kyle was downright serious. He would bark at Luhan at each small mistake he did as well as pushing him real hard until he had reached his limits. They somehow pitied Luhan but at the same time they were in a daze. Just a few days ago they had seen a side of Kyle who was a kind hearted spirit who had a very warm aura around him. Today they saw that he was a fighter who could even spike up a live person even though he’s dead.

After hours and hours, they’ve been practicing and some of them even got hurt just by practicing with their own mentors who weren’t even supposed to go against them but it sure ended up that way. Some pairs decided to take on each other. Mentor to trainee but it was all serious. The mentors could see the glimpse of light in their eyes that they wanted to get stronger and much to their surprise, they were. For a short moment or so, some of them would joke around and play around. For newborns it was normal, it should be right? Newborns were known to be carefree as their mentors could protect them but in this case, they couldn’t waste their precious training time in playing around. This easily ticked Kyle off even though he had a high patience level.

“Everyone stop!” Kyle shouted as he made everyone freeze. They couldn’t move their muscles apart from breathing. He inhaled deeply before releasing everyone. They backed away from him as they gathered around in front of him. “The rest of you can leave. Meet back here tomorrow for their respective trainings. When I get back I want to see what you can infer from the training today.” Soon eleven spirits that were here a moment ago had left without a word. They knew better to only settle this when they get back to where they would meet. There’s no knowing where spirits went, it was kept a secret even Kyle wouldn’t expose.

“Good luck.” Erin whispered before she left.

“I’ll ask this once, and I’ll ask this once only.” Kyle held up a finger as he stood in front of the twelve boys. “Do you want to make this work?” there was a dead silence that filled up the entire place as no one answered. “Alright,” he clapped his hands before a glare was shown to the boys. “Not answering. Why?” Some of them gulped as they wondered what happened to the nice spirit went because the spirit in front of them now was nowhere near the term ‘nice’. “Look,” Kyle let out a soft scoff before a sigh escaped his lips. “I don’t want you guys to end up dead like me.”

“I was careless and I should’ve saw that coming but..” he swallowed before he continued, “I didn’t. And I ended up hurting the people around me that cared for me the most.” Another pause of silence took over before gradually all the boys got up. “We’re more than positive now that we’ll work hard.”

“We’ll do all it takes to work hard.”

“Even if it means we’ll die trying.”

This was spirit Kyle was looking for. It would always take a while for him to bring up the spirits of the newborns but this time it was faster than usual. He smiled and he clapped his hands. Soon everyone reappeared back into the living room of the house. All the boys were on the ground as Kyle stood by the door. They couldn’t tell what happened, but they know that they were at the house. “Rest well, and I’ll see you tomorrow. There should be blood packs for you to drink somewhere in the basement. Cherish your sleep and rest now because in the next few days, you won’t know what sleep is anymore. Goodnight!” He chimed before he disappeared.

“Man what the hell..” Kai groaned as he got up to pull the other members up. “I seriously want to know how the hell he does that. Teleporting us around and .” Tao cursed as Suho smacked the back of his head. “Be grateful we didn’t need to walk all the way back.”

“Yeah you brat.” Baekhyun snapped at him before Tao turned to give a glare at Baekhyun.

“Oh I’m the brat? At least I didn’t go around someone else’s room thus losing the one thing that meant the world to him.” That made Baekhyun shut up immediately. Guilt flushed inside of him and Kai could tell how he felt. He’s the one who got Baekhyun into this in the first place. “We have to do something about Brian.” Kai whispered as Baekhyun gulped. “An apology?” he whispered as Kai nodded his head. “We’ll need to sincerely apologize.”

“How do we do that? He’s not back yet.”

“When its night, we sneak out to find him.”

“Are you sure it’ll be safe?”

“It will be. Trust me.”