The Trick And Truth.

Revenge.

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 2 9 / 0 6 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Forty-Seven  The Trick And Truth.

"Touche, but she'll probably be too happy with Luhan to get mad at us." Onew grinned and some of them laughed.

 
 
 
This was definitely not what she expected. She would expect him to maybe even explode on how unfair and how much she didn't trust him he would blabber on about but he didn't.
 
"T-That's not possible. Hae Jung doesn't have a brother." Brian furrowed his eyebrows and Brandon sighed before looking at Brian. "Can I trust you with a secret?"
 
"Anything." Brian said as Brandon let out a heavy breath before he began talking again. "Hae Jung had a younger brother named Jae Jung."
 
"Keep in mind. It's past tense for a reason." Brandon said and Brian gulped before he tried to let all the incoming information sink in. "When she was younger..say if I remember correctly, just 30 years as a vampire, her parents were assumed to be dead after making a treaty with Zenon. Little did she know she had to step up on the line as the queen because her parents were the rightful king and queen for the throne."
 
"B-But-"
 
"After that, she did take up the title and she was queen for a just a few days under training. Not until when he brother, Jae Jung who was only 20 years of age as a vampire got abducted by Zenon's men."
 
"What the fu-"
 
"Right on after that, she wanted to leave the castle but the leaders wouldn't let her. So she did her absolute best to sneak out of the castle. When she did, she went straight to Zenon's castle." Brian's eyes widened but Brandon didn't stop there. "When she met with Zenon face to face, he still wouldn't let her see her brother until she stepped down from the title along with killing an amount of people to gather blood packs. Do you think, Hae Jung at a young age would do it?" Brian nodded his head and Brandon smiled, "Smart. She did."
 
Brian gulped before his brother continued. "When she killed an amount of people as well as gathering blood packs, Zenon gave her a place to collect her brother."
 
"F-From there what happened?" Brian asked but Brandon let out a bitter chuckle. "What happened?" Brian asked again before he turned to look at Hae Jung lying down on the bed with her eyes closed. "Her brother was kept in a hut on the offside of the Dynasty side. When she went in.. she found her brother..-"
 
"Then it was all worth i-"
 
"..dead." Brian's mouth gaped open but his heart tightened when he let a tear run down his cheek. "Exactly, my brother. So before you go on to bombard her with how she kept this from you for so long, think about her feelings first. There was a reason why she kept this from you." Brandon explained before Brian sighed. "But why wouldn't she just tell me? I wouldn't flip over things like thi-"
 
"I hate to break it to you little brother, but you pushed her off until she went unconcious just because you thought I was going to get blood bonded to her."
 
"But-"
 
"And you didn't even let her explain herself."
 
"But Brando-"
 
"So what makes you think she wouldn't be afraid you'd flip when she tells you?" Brian sighed as he gave up on trying to think of anything else to say back when clearly he's the one at fault now. "When did she tell you this?" Brian asked before Brandon let out a sigh. "When I was with her in the Underworld."
 
"You were in the Underworld?"
 
"How else did you think she got out of there alive?" Brandon asked before Brian smiled. He knew his brother was capable of anything he knew he could do. "So why are you telling me this?"
 
"Because I know you can't do anything to me if I tell you instead of her." Brandon grinned before Brian smiled weakly before glancing back at Hae Jung.
 
"Don't be afraid." he whispered before she managed to wrap her arms around his waist. "You have us now. And we're never leaving you." Brian said as a tear ran down Hae Jung's cheek. When the guys saw that, they felt their heart crippling a little especially when they know that Hae Jung was rarely the type to cry. "We're never leaving you, Hae Jung." They chorused at the same time and right on cue, Luhan came walking towards them and a few of them waved at Luhan who could only sit by the side alone by himself as he distant himself from the group. Jonghyun got up to sit beside Luhan before Jonghyun patted him on the shoulder. Luhan's gaze softened when he saw a tear rolling down Hae Jung's cheek.
 
"I-I'm sorry I couldn't tell you." Hae Jung whispered before Brian shook his head as he hugged her tighter before her hair. "You don't have to be sorry. It must've been hard on you."
 
"Screw that," he breathed out before he pulled away from the hug. "It was hard on you."
 
"So what now?" Hae Jung asked when everyone settled down on the ground. "We're having sort of like a hunting game at midnight." Key said as she nodded her head. "What kind of hunting game?" She asked but the rest didn't answer her and she furrowed her eyebrows. "Answer me." She growled a little but no one answered here, again. "You'll see." some of them chorused and she let out a huff before walking away back into her tent. She lied down on her sleeping bag as she folded her arms behind her head. Just then the zip of the tent opened and Luhan stepped into the tent, which made her sit up to back away from him. "What the hell are you doing here?"
 
"I'm sharing this tent with you." he muttered as he zipped the tent back before settling down on the other side of the tent. It wasn't big or small but it could fit two people perfectly. "Can't you share a tent with someone else? Anyone else at all?" she asked and he sighed. "Look, I get that you don't want to be near me but everyone else has a partner except for me. Sharing this tent with you is harder for me than it is for you so just please," he breathed out before he looked at her. "Just tolerate with me." she gulped before she looked away. "Fine."
 
The tension in the tent was rising as the two of them didn't say a word. Especially after how Hae Jung just walked away without explaining a word to Luhan when he tried to kiss her, it broke his heart. What's killing him even more on the inside is he wants to know what happened to her that made her cry. No one else around him would tell him what happened to her. Hell, he doesn't even know she has a brother because like mentioned above, no one and NO ONE would tell him. Not even Kris, not Suho not even Yongguk. Luhan can't even read minds properly now especially when he's mind is blocked right now. If he really wants to know, he's got to ask her herself.
 
"I'm going out.", "Hae Jung." the two of them spoke at the same time and the two mentally cursed at their wrong timing. "What?" she asked as she got up to the tent to get out but within a split second she was pinned down with Luhan hovering above her. "W-What are you doing?" she grunted as she tried to move her wrists but he pinned her down firmly. "I.." he didn't know what to say but his instincts told him to just react like this because he didn't want her to leave the one moment he has a chance to talk to her. "Look if you're not going to say anything, let me out of here."
 
"Where are you going to go?" he asked and she sighed before she attempted to move but she couldn't. Just on cue the tent ped, revealing Tao along with Baekhyun who came to call them out for the midnight hunt. "Uh.." Baekhyun croaked out as Tao smirked. Tao quickly zipped the tent back up and Hae Jung took this opportunity to push Luhan off. She ped the tent quickly before she got out while Tao and Baekhyun stepped out of the way. She breathed out heavily as she glanced back at Luhan in the tent along with Baekhyun and Tao by the sides of the tent entrance. It was already midnight and Hae Jung was interested with this midnight hunt thing that they had planned. "Alright everyone gather around." Brian called out and everyone circled in the middle. Their tents were placed in a circle and the middle was just empty where they could have group meetings or a campfire if they wanted to.
 
Everyone sat in the middle and Hae Jung sat away from Luhan, who wanted to sit near her but he didn't have a chance when she moved away. "Now, the two of you will be in pairs to spread out for the hunt. However your pairs are already set. Whoever is sharing the same tent with you is your partner." Jonghyun announced and Luhan turned to look at Hae Jung. She glanced over at Luhan's direction and looked away when they made brief eye contact. Luhan sighed before he gulped, hoping he could redeem himself if he does well in this, possibilities are she'll talk to him again. Well at least he hopes so.
 
"Now get together with your partners and we'll start with this midnight hunt. This hunt is where each of you will be handcuffed to one another and you have to try to find the key to your handcuffs. The first pair to reach back here is the winner. This is just a fun game before we really wear ourselves out tomorrow." Minho explained as everyone got up to walk to their respective partners. Luhan walked towards Hae Jung and Jonghyun came to handcuff the two together. These were indestructable handcuffs where even vampires couldn't break them. Onew must've bought this as he has many connections and whatnot.
 
"U-Uh, where shall we go first?" Luhan asked as Hae Jung sighed. "I don't know. Wherever you'd like. As long as we get this thing off us." she said as they started to walk deeper into the woods on the other side without waiting for the others or questioning anything else. Key along with Jonghyun peeped to see if they were fully gone or at least deep into the woods. Taemin smirked before he said, "Alright guys, you can take off your handcuffs."
 
EXO except for Luhan along with B.A.P took off their handcuffs and smirked before handing them back to Taemin who put all the handcuffs back into the box. Although EXO and B.A.P were confused, Brandon promised an explanation if they played along with this. "Gather around." Brandon said as they made a big circle in the middle of the tents. Onew put away the box of handcuffs before he joined the circle. "The whole purpose of having the two go together in handcuffs like that is because we know they like one another." Brandon said as some of them widened their eyes. "Oh don't act like you guys don't know. Luhan has been head over heels for Hae Jung, don't tell me you guys couldn't sense that."
 
That made everyone shut up. It's true that they felt that maybe Luhan had developed feelings for her but they would never expect it to be true because they didn't exactly have solid proof. "But wait," Kris breathed out as everyone turned to look at Kris. "If Luhan likes her then, what makes you so sure that Hae Jung likes him too?" Brian chuckled softly before the attention was averted to him. "I know Hae Jung well. She's holding back from him and hiding the reason why from Luhan. Probably by this activity, I can bet you they'll come back as a couple."
 
Brandon patted Brian on the shoulder, proud of his little brother sacrificing his one-sided love for Hae Jung just so Hae Jung could be happy. For those who didn't know, Brian has been in love with her ever since he met her but, back then Kyle was the one who stole her heart. Ever since he's tried all he could to make her be happy or fall in love again but it wouldn't work, however he saw slight changes in Hae Jung when EXO came along. The one who played the main factor in her change was Luhan and Brian could tell.
 
"W-Wait, I'm a little lost here." Zelo spoke up as some of them chuckled. "Well, let's just say that Luhan and Hae Jung are just two idiots in love and we just tricked them into going into the woods, handcuffed together to find a key that is non-existent so they would probably hook up and get back together here as a couple." Jonghyun explained straight-forwardly and everyone laughed. They were rather interested of how Hae Jung would act when she comes back.
 
"There's also one thing though." Suho sighed and everyone turned to look at him, giving him questioning looks. 
 
"When she gets back here, together with Luhan or not, we're screwed because she knows we've set her up."
 
"Touche, but she'll probably be too happy with Luhan to get mad at us." Onew grinned and some of them laughed. 
 
"Let's just wait and see what happens." Brandon breathed out as everyone tried to do something to make the time pass as they waited for Hae Jung and Luhan to get back to where everyone was gathered at.