Twenty-Nine.

Revenge.

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 0 4 / 0 6 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Twenty-Nine 

"Luhan, when I tell you to run, you better run."


 
How did you..? she glanced back outside through the window before she faced front again. She couldn't be bothered to know how he got into their hands. The only thing she had in mind was to make sure he was safe. "Let him go." she hissed but again, the shadow people laughed. They were one of the creatures that she despised the most. She could still comprehend with the Dullahans but these bastards always ticked her off. They were cocky, arrogant and everything about them was hated by Hae Jung. These creatures definitely had connections with Zenon as previously, Zenon had made a key to unlock the doors of hell to release the demons and these hateful creatures. Because of that, these creatures were under Zenon's control. "T-They tricked me." he sent a thought to Hae Jung and she let out a heavy breath. "Don't you dare hurt him." she hissed as she took a step closer but because she took a step closer, the grip around Luhan's body tightened.
 
The shadow people were actually ordinary people who sold their bodies to the devil. And of course, they didn't want to pay up the deed of selling their soul away but one day they had to die and have their soul taken away by the devil. One screwed up part of the whole process was they could have the choice to join the army of shadow people formed by one of the devils of darkness. If they chose to join this force of  shadow people, they could never be reborn again as normal human beings. In other words, reincarnation.
 
However, if they join, they won't get punished for all the sins they've commited when they were still aliveThese shadow people are sneaky and slick. Once they have you in their grip, they could easily enter your body and control you into giving your soul to the devil. Sometimes, it takes more than one shadow people to get your soul out. Let's just say, once your soul is in the devil's hands in the underworld, there's no way you could get out unless you had connections. Another way to defeat the shadow people? Simple. Give that one thing they hate the most, light.  Which would explain why they chose to attack at this time. But in Hae Jung's case, she could use her chant to make them disappear instantly. 
 
She furrowed her eyebrows and glared at them. She had to remember back how she tricked them previously. "I'll give you a deal." she said as the shadow people kept silent. "What's your little deal, witch?" one of them snapped at her, whose voice sounded like a little child. "Really? I'm the witch when you know damn well who the witches are?" she smirked and she could hear them hissing at her. Hands tried to grab onto her but she said a quick chant that allowed light to emit from her hands. She managed to get ahold of one of the shadow people's hand and she smirked when she heard screamings of a young girl. "Let her go!" another voice from the dark shouted and she simply listened to their orders.
 
"What deal do you have in mind?" the eerie old woman spoke up in the dark. "I'll let you take me instead. Let him go." her eyes darkened when she could see Luhan struggling to break free. "Hae Jung, don't." Luhan sent a thought and she ignored his voice in her mind. "I'm afraid if we do that, you'll try to pull off something. I don't think so." the voice replied her and she was getting more and more irritated. Luhan tried to move his body but by doing that, he got slapped in the face. Luhan let out a grunt before he kept on trying but there was no point. "Stop trying you worthless scum. There's no way you will escape us." one of the voice spoke up as Hae Jung clenched her fists.
 
"Luhan, when I tell you to run, you better run." she sent a thought and she couldn't hear him replying her. "Why, witch? Is your heart is aching because of your loved one in our hands?" one of the voice who sounded like a dumb blonde spoke up. "Wow, I didn't know bimbos like you could sell your soul and join the forces of the shadow people." Hae Jung snapped and she could hear gasps. "I'm not going to run and leave you here. I'm not. If we have to, we'll die together." Luhan sent a thought and she shook her head. "You better run or I'll make you run."
 
"Kyungsoo!" Xiumin shouted when he saw that Kyungsoo had been stabbed at the thigh. Xiumin immediately formed sharp icicles and threw them at the Dullanhan who had stabbed Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo shouted in pain as he couldn't pull out the spine in his thigh. Instead, the spine branched out open and continued to trigger more pain into Kyungsoo's thigh as well as piercing into more of his flesh. Xiumin had successfully killed off the Dullanhan but now he didn't know what he should do.
 
"F-Freeze it!" Kyungsoo cried as Xiumin nodded his head panicly. Xiumin placed his hands around his wound and the spine. The spine was frozen within seconds and Kyungsoo placed his hands on the spine to crush it. Kyungsoo breathed in and out heavily before Lay came to aid Kyungsoo's thigh. "Where the hell all of these Dullanhans come from?" Lay hissed as he placed his hands on Kyungsoo's wound. "I have no damn idea but I want all of them dead!" Kyungsoo hissed as he clenched his fists tight. He used his power to summon tree roots from the ground to grab onto the Dullanhan's leg and immediately created a hole to pull the Dullanhan down into the ground to bury it alive before it could harm Lay. "Don't use your powers and stop straining your muscles. I can't heal you like this." Lay hissed as he lightly hit Kyungsoo's hands to make him unclench them.
 
"But if I don't, these bastards will get to us. And you." Kyungsoo said but Lay couldn't be bothered. "The rest will help us. I'm sure of it."
 
"How sure are yo-" Kyungsoo's voice trailled off when a black horse was this close to tramping on Lay but Kris immediately flew in action from the opposite direction to pounce on the horse with full force. Kris landed on top of the horse on the other side of the forest as Kris managed to rip apart the horse's body and Suho made water rise from the ground to splash it all over the horse, letting the horse feel pain. Chen used his powers to make lightning strike on the horse and within seconds, they moved on to fight against the other Dullanhans that never seemed to stop coming from nowhere. "Wow." Kyungsoo said as he kept his eyes glued onto the horse that was perfectly fine a moment ago that now seemed to be roasted and burnt.
 
Kai teleported behind the Dullanhan to kick him off his black horse. He landed a punch on the Dullanhan and kicked it's head until it was nowhere to be found. The horse pounced on Kai and managed to give a hard kick on Kai's lower torso on the ground. The horse was this close to tramping all over Kai when Baekhyun came behind to place his hands on the horse. Soon the horse was glowing and couldn't move. Kai took this opportunity to kick the horse away with every ounce of strength he had and the horse flew away before it exploded. "What did you do to the horse?" Kai asked as Baekhyun helped him up. "Something." Baekhyun winked before they ducked at the incoming Dullanhan's head flying towards them.
 
These Dullanhan's wouldn't stop coming. It was like something was duplicating them over and over again to make them worn out and if they didn't leave soon, they would actually die. "I've had enough of all with you!" Brian shouted as he shut his eyes tight. "Everyone get down on the ground!" he shouted and at first they wouldn't obey his orders but after he shouted louder again, they all got on the ground. They felt the ground shaking and they shut their eyes tight when they felt a strong force of wind blowing past them like it was a tornado but they tried as hard as they could to remain lying down on the ground. Soon enough, they heard an explosion and they felt the temperature around them rising but they couldn't tell what was going on.
 
When they opened their eyes, they were shocked to see that all the Dullanhan's were dead. Well not only they were dead, they were burnt down to ashes and plenty of trees in the forest were burnt down along with the Dullanhans. "Where's Luhan?" Kris's eyes widened when he realized Luhan wasn't here the whole time. "I heard Kai talking to Luhan before we left." Xiumin said as Kai furrowed his eyebrows. "I never talked to Luhan." Kai shook his head as the rest gathered in front of the house. "I did." a voice came up behind them and Brian turned around only to glare at the vampire in front of them. "I should've known." Brian hissed as he clenched his fists. "Missed me? I bet you would be easy to kill. Just like your parents." Brian's eyes darkened when the vampire in front of him continued to taunt him.
 
"I really hope you're alone, Ravi." he hissed as the vampire in front of him laughed. "Of course I'm alone. Your little girl inside the house with her boyfriend is done for anyway." Brian's eyes darkened as he didn't hesitate to pounce on Ravi. The rest of the members surrounded Ravi and began to attack him as well. Kai teleported behind Ravi and kneed him at his back. Xiumin put his hands together and freezed Ravi. The moment Ravi was frozen, Chanyeol used his powers to burn Ravi and he turned into stone. It was all easy. A little too easy. Kyungsoo wanted to crush Ravi, probably killing him but Brian stopped him. "Don't." Brian placed a hand on Kyungsoo's chest before he let out a sigh. "We'll be going against our treaty if we do this. We need to get to Grandion immediately." Brian said as he glanced at all the boys. Yes they were all alive but they weren't exactly in perfect shape.
 
Brian was proud the fact that they all were alive and that they managed to kill as many Dullanhan's as possible. He believed that if he let them fight them on their own, they would be able to win this but there was no time to lose as Hae Jung was still in the house alone and Luhan was nowhere to be found. "Why did you say I talked to Luhan before we left?" Kai asked as Xiumin gulped. "You did!"
 
"Ravi is a shape shifter so it would only make sense that Ravi was the one who turned into Kai to trick Luhan. Which would explain why he's not here now so stop arguing. We have to get in that house no-" Brian said as he took a step closer towards the door when crashings of windows could be heard.