Not Letting Go.

Revenge.


P u b l i s h e d   o n : 1 7 / 0 5 / 2 0 1 3

 Chapter Twenty-Two  Not Letting Go.

"You got real guts, AJ." she snapped at him as she clapped once, making him wince in fear.

 

 

Kai had teleported them the furthest he could away from them. It would take roughly five minutes for the vampires to run to them if they wanted to catch them that badly. “Hurry Baekhyun!” Kai grunted as he crouched on the ground in front of Baekhyun behind a large tree. Baekhyun tried over and over again to break the ropes but he couldn’t. His glow ball wasn’t strong enough to break it free. “Screw this! Let’s run!” Kai half-whispered, half-shouted before pulling Baekhyun up to run. They ran as fast as they could out of the forest and back to the house. They knew they were still far away from it but they had to try to run. Even if it means they’ll die trying, it was better than letting them bring them back to their territory. Kai didn’t have enough energy to keep teleporting them away but he had the energy to keep running for his life.

“What the hell do they want in us?!” Baekhyun shouted as they both ran as they could feel presence coming behind them. “I don’t know but we better not let them get us!” Kai shouted as he held Baekhyun’s hand to teleport them further away from the presence behind them, who were the vampires that caught them a moment ago. “They’re getting further away from us!” Kevin shouted as AJ aimed the gun at Kai while running. “Don’t shoot him idiot! We’re not supposed to kill them!” Kevin hissed as he pushed the gun away but he accidentally made AJ’s finger pull the trigger.

Kai stopped running as he and rolled on the ground with stones and thorns cutting his flesh. He shouted in pain as he pressed his right arm. Baekhyun stopped his tracks to run back to Kai. “What the hell happened?!” Baekhyun shouted but Kai’s face was getting pale by the minute. “Kai!” Baekhyun shouted as he could see from a distance the vampires coming. Kai’s arm was shot by AJ and his wound was getting worse by the second. “KAI!” Baekhyun shouted as he shook Kai vigorously but Kai’s breathings were getting heavier and heavier. “P-Poison.” Kai managed to croak out weakly as Baekhyun didn’t know what to do. His friend was literally dying and there were four vampires coming after them.

Baekhyun shot up and created a big glow ball. It grew bigger and bigger like the size of a person’s head as he released all his power into the ball. He tossed it at the direction where the vampires were coming from. Baekhyun lied on the ground to cover Kai’s body the moment the glow ball exploded. This was ten times stronger compared to the ones he did previously. He didn’t even know he had it in him but saving Kai and himself was the only thing he had in mind. Baekhyun tried his best to get up but he couldn’t the moment he felt a burning sensation at his back. Soon, he out.

Kai opened his eyes slowly and felt no pain at his arm. He was underneath a tree with Baekhyun resting on his shoulder. He looked down on his arm and it was a silver bullet that shot in him. It was no longer there but there were marks around his arms. He looked at Baekhyun who was knocked out. He looked worn out as he used all his energy. Kai looked around and his eyes widened the moment he saw what was going on. Hae Jung was there in front of him, facing the four vampires by herself. He grunted the moment he tried to get up to assist her but she shot him a glare. “Stay there. They don’t know you’re there.” She sent a thought as he gulped, leaning back against the tree where he realized they couldn’t be seen. Kai could hear what was going on perfectly from a distance.

“You got real guts, AJ.” She snapped at him as she clapped once, making him wince in fear. Four vampires stood before her, yet they weren’t experienced either. They only had a few months of training and Zenon had already sent them to fetch the chosen ones. Not the smartest strategy in the game book. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” She whispered loud enough for them to hear as they dropped their guns to the ground. “Step away from the guns.” She warned as they did as they were told. She could easily read the interactions going on between the four vampires in front of her. She read their conversations in their mind as though it was a chat room. “Let’s attack her when she turns around.” One of the vampires spoke up into the other’s mind before they all agreed.

“Too easy.” She whispered as she turned around. Kai’s eyes widened the moment he saw that the guys were going to pick up their guns but he couldn’t move. It was like she had used her powers to make him stay put at the same time. ‘Damn this girl.’ He cursed in his mind as Hae Jung lifted a hand up as she started her chant. Like before, Kai stared in awe. The four vampires froze and they couldn’t move an inch. They thought their leaders back in Cattrige were joking when they said there was a prodigy that could hold vampires under their spell just by a chant. Now they were finally experiencing it. She turned around only to smirk at the sight as she kept on chanting. AJ froze just as he was going to reach the gun, as well as the other three who followed him. She walked closer towards them and she could see a bead of sweat rolling down Kevin’s temples. She was almost done with her chant as she kicked away all the guns.

When she was done she held her hand up. Kai was still staring at this as if it was a show. A show that somehow managed to scare him even though he wasn’t in the vampires’ positions. This time she didn’t clench her fist. She was just squeezing air but in actuality, she was squeezing their hearts. Her hand froze as she eyed the four vampires. “Don’t,” she took a step closer before she was finally in front of the four of them, just a step away. “Even try.” She whispered as she could see two of them gulping. “Go back, and tell Zenon that we’ll be ready for him. Cross the line again and we won’t back down. He should know when the battle will come.”

“Do I make myself clear?” she eyed them as they tried to nod their heads but they couldn’t. She took a step back before she released her hand before dropping it to her side. The four vampires breathed in and out heavily while placing a hand on their chest as before they couldn’t breathe properly with her grasping onto their hearts. “Now get lost from here before I change my mind in killing all of you.” She growled as four of them disappeared instantly. Hae Jung shut her eyes tight as she turned around to look at Kai sitting there with eyes wide open. This would be her fifth problem solving of the day. Or night, since it was already 3.40a.m. She was out all day killing newborns that tried to pull any funny moves. She went with Yunho along with a few leaders to make a treaty with Zenon’s right hand, Mickayla but it was no use. They still insisted on a battle between the two clans. If it’s a battle they want, it’s a battle they’ll get. But for now, Hae Jung’s focus was whipping these boys into shape.

“Don’t move.” She whispered as Kai nodded his head before she gently pulled Baekhyun off his shoulder. Kai gasped the moment she laid Baekhyun on the ground with his back facing up. His back had burnt marks all over as if he was roasted for a moment but in actuality, it was because of his glow ball that exploded. Baekhyun grunted the moment Hae Jung’s hands came in contact with his back. “This will hurt just a little.” She whispered before she started her chant. Slowly his back started to glow and Kai’s eyes widened even more at the sight. Her chants got louder and his back was glowing brighter and brighter. Just like that she stopped and the glow on his back was gone, along with the burnt marks on his back. He let out a relieved sigh when he couldn’t feel pain that was so hurtful a moment ago.

She breathed out heavily before she stood up. She felt a little woozy, but she managed to pull herself together. She really outdid herself today. “Are you alright?” Kai managed to spot the difference in her face. It didn’t look good one bit. She waved a hand at him before she looked at the both of them. “Can you two stand?” she asked as they both nodded their heads as they didn’t hesitate to get up. She nearly fell to the ground but Baekhyun swiftly came to her right while Kai went to her left to sling an arm over their shoulder. “Are you sure you’re alright?” Baekhyun asked as she tried to push them away but they didn’t budge. “We’re not letting you go.” Kai firmly said as she didn’t try to push them away instead she lead them the way back with her using the two boys as her support.