Shim Hae Jung.

Revenge.

 

P u b l i s h e d   o n : 1 4 / 0 4 / 2 0 1 3
 Chapter One  Shim Hae Jung.

She let out a sigh, "Who would want to be friends with a monster like me?" 

 

 

She crashed into a small hut before letting out a soft grunt. The roof was shattered to pieces along with the walls that was made out of thick tree branches.“C’mon, few days of slacking off and you become weak?” A guy snapped at her as she narrowed her eyes at her fellow companion. He had maroon hair that was spiked up slightly along with dark blue eyes. He looked so intimidating, yet gentle. He was capable of killing many at once at a great speed but somehow he decided to take it slow as it was just a practice.

She pushed herself up before spitting out blood. “Don’t make me laugh. I’m not the only one slacking off. Besides, all these projects are killing me. And it’s only the beginning of the year.” She snapped at him before she dashed towards him the same time he dashed at her. They both pushed each other off with great force, causing one after another to fly the opposite directions they were coming from. The lad’s back met with a huge tree as the lady’s back fell to the ground. Both of them pushed themselves up before trying to hurt one another but they both kept dodging one another’s attacks. The girl got a few cuts but so did the boy as they were using daggers. They tossed the daggers aside as the girl pushed him hard until they both crashed into a few trees.

Their heavy breathings filled the whole forest as they place one of their hands on their chest, feeling their own heartbeat. Both of them were lying down on the ground with a few trees toppled down around them. They've been practicing for over three hours now.

“We should go now.” The boy said as he got up. He stood in front of the girl, offering a hand to help her up. She accepted his help and he brushed her clothes as she had a few cuts on her arm. “Ouch, I didn’t know I used too much force. Sorry.” He bit his lower lip as he brushed the tip of his fingers on her injuries. She shook her head before pushing his hand away, “Forget it, it wasn’t your fault. It was mine. It'll seal up. Let’s go, or we’ll be screwed. You know how Yunho doesn’t want us to be late for college.”

“Why are we even going to college? We both know damn well we’re not going to have a stable life.” She groaned as she tugged her bag over her shoulder the moment they reached in front of the doors of their college. It would take roughly two hours for them to reach their college as they were living far away from the town. Even with that, Yunho still insisted they went to college. Not that the developments in college were great or anything, college was just something for them to let the time past instead of just training everyday. Not only that, Yunho also wanted them to feel like a normal teenager at their 'current' age. Not many people could afford going to college but to those who could, they were wealthy. If you were to go on the other sides of the country and visit the other towns there, they might not even have a single school built there as their economy level was very poor. Let's just say, they were currently studying in a town that was slightly better developed. 

Those who could afford to go to college, they're wealthy enough to be in the high class status compared to those who can't even afford a proper meal. People like them.. sometimes they give in to the vampires by giving them blood in exchange for money.

There are days that they will drive to college, but these were just one of those days where they wouldn't mind walking. They had to walk through forests, cross rivers, climb one mountain or two or sometimes they would just dash through it all if they didn't care about the scratches they would get. They were currently living in a house on the offside of town, somewhere deep in the woods where no one dared to enter as they were afraid they would get killed by vampires. Yes, humans in town still believed vampires were around and feared them terribly.

They knew vampires were still around but they didn't know they would be this close to them. But then again, vampires were very skillful as to hide their fangs, eye color, you name it. Anything to hide the fact that they were vampires. Once they managed to hide everything, they looked like humans and blended in perfectly without being noticed. Some people say vampires are stupid, going around killing innocent lives. Well really who is stupid when they're the ones who can't even realize there are vampires among themselves?

“Oh hush up, Yunho wouldn’t like to hear you say that. Not that he has anything against that. You know he just wants us to study and gain knowledge instead of just training brutally everyday. Who knows the knowledge we gain here might be useful for us.” He shrugged his shoulders as he took a quick glance at her. “Do you think you’ll make friends this year?” The boy that stood beside her questioned her as she let out a sigh. “Who would want to be friends with a monster like me?”

He gripped onto her arm just before she could enter before him. His heart fell a little the moment she tried to force out a smile. Looking at her smile, how can she call herself a monster? That was what he thought. He’s never looked at her as a monster. “Look, what you did back then..you did what you had to.”

She gently push his hand away before gripping onto her bag, “Let’s just get in, shall we?”

As much as he wanted to debate with her on who was right, he didn’t want to bring her mood down lower than it already was. The guilt would eat him alive. He just watched as she walked into the building as he slowly followed behind her. “Coming back to this place, man it .” She let out sarcastically as they passed by the hall filled with humans. 

He smiled at the few juniors that were smiling at him. “They’re not that bad.” He waved a little at the girls staring at him, making them squeal as they made their way to their class. “Seems like there are a few guys checking you out.” The guy pointed out as he could see a few guys smiling the moment she walked into the building. She rolled her eyes at him. “Not interested.”

“They might actually like you. I mean, you’re you.” He smiled as he tucked strands of her hair behind her ear when they stopped in front of his locker right beside hers. Guys and girls along the hall looked at them in envy. Girls were envious that such a good-looking guy like him was taken, as well as the guys that felt the same knowing a girl as beautiful as her was taken. When in actuality, they weren’t together. “Like I said Brian,” She said as she opened her locker. “no one wants to be with a monster like me.” She closed her locker before turning to face the guy beside her.

“No one,” She whispered softly before she leaned away. “see you later.” She waved goodbye as she turned her back to face him as she made her way to her class. Brian had the urge to just grab her and hug her tight. Letting her know she’s a gorgeous girl and was nowhere close near the term ‘monster’. But he realized that they were in college, and everyone would be watching. That was one thing she hated the most, attention. He had one of his arms out, looking as though he’s trying to reach the girl that was already half-way down the hall. He gulped and pulled his hand back before letting out a soft sigh.

“Hey man!” A guy called him out as he didn’t tear his eyes away from the girl walking down the hall. “Hey?” The same guy called him out as he slowly blinked, turning around to the guy that called him out earlier. “Did something happen between you and Hae Jung?” He shook his head before he brushed his friend’s hand on his shoulder. “We didn’t, she’s just..-“

“It’s okay man, I get it. It’s personal. We don't have to talk about it.” His friend understood immediately before smiling at him.

Shim Hae Jung, that’s her name. God knows how old she is as a vampire, but she's only 20 years old in human age. The lovely boy that followed her went by the name of Brian Wong. He's younger than Hae Jung by 30 years in vampire age but he's older than her by a year in human age. They find it amusing how no one could realize they were vampires. Though, they’re not the only two vampires in the college. And they knew that. 

She sat down onto her chair when she reached her class. A few guys approached her to ask her out for lunch but she would use the excuse of ‘I don’t eat during lunch break.’ and would end it with an apology before diverting her attention to something else. People would often think that her and Brian of being a couple. It was pretty normal for her and Brian considering that they’re always together at all times. Basically, he’s the only friend she’s got. Brian has a few guy friends, which still have no idea that he’s a vampire but he would leave them anytime just for Hae Jung.

Classes ended with a breeze and they met up in front of the school again. “There are a few newborns practicing in the forest.  They came from the other side.” Brian stated as they were walking by the sidewalk. She let out a soft sigh before tucking her bag over her shoulder. “Let’s just kill them before they do anything messy.”

“Those people in the Carrion Clan,” She hissed before her eyes turned slightly purple. “-they just don’t know how to stay out of their territory.”

“You know, I think they might be up to something. Recently they’ve been sending in quite a few newborns to our side.” He shrugged his shoulders as they walked down a rural alley. “There were a few last week, and now there’s a few more. Just what on earth is on Zenon’s mind?”

 “Tch,mind you. It’s been a few weeks since the Blood-Crown Eléctos. Of course they’d want to kill anyone they think could be the chosen ones. But like Yunho had told us before, they won’t stand a chance as long as we’re here. It's been like that for four centuries now.” She snapped at him before she scanned the area of the deserted alley. There was no one around. She quickly climbed the huge wall in front of them. She tossed her bag over and landed safely to the other side, as well as Brian. They continued walking until they went deeper and deeper into the forest. 

The Blood-Crown Eléctos. This happens every two centuries to choose who would be the chosen ones to be a part of the Dynarion Clan. They can either be a pure breed vampire or in certain cases, ‘the chosen ones’. The chosen ones are chosen by the leaders in the Dynarion Clan, who will soon leave their title either when they have found a soul mate or when they die. Either way, they can still be a leader if they wanted to even if they have a soul mate. Though, not all soul mates are that understanding.

The chosen ones are not simply chosen by their appearances. These chosen ones that are chosen, will somehow already figure out that they’ll be the chosen ones. It’s just a matter of time of when they will realize they’re the chosen ones as a faint mark will appear on their wrist when the time is right. Usually, the chosen ones are not pure breed vampires. They would have to drink a pure breed’s vampire blood for them to transform into a full vampire. Once they turned into a vampire, the mark on their wrist will disappear.

Long time ago, the king of vampires had three sons. One of the sons was greedy and well, let’s just say his death wasn’t the nicest way to die. The incident scarred the king instantly that he wanted to crown the next king quickly. The remaining two sons were Alaric, and Zenon. Alaric was one of those vampires that tried to prevent any killing while Zenon, was one of those villains you see in storybooks trying to kill everyone else to gain absolute power.

The king had enough of Zenon’s devious thoughts, so he crowned Alaric the king. Seeing this, Zenon got really ticked off because of his father’s decision as he was the oldest. He left the castle, and soon he formed his own clan called the Carrion Clan. Alaric’s clan was called Dynarion Clan as they were on the Dynasty territory and Zenon’s clan was located in the Cattrige territory. 

The queen got pregnant, yes she did. It was going to be a lovely daughter. Beautiful, and gorgeous..those were her hopes and dreams for the upcoming princess. But a tragic thing happen as when the queen tried to deliever, the baby wasn't developed properly and had heart failure. Thus, passing away. The queen was very weak after the delivery. She had no will to live even though she had a loving man as a king beside her. She killed herself.

When the queen died, the king tried to carry on living on his own but it was no use. For a century he's tried to live on without the queen, but it was hopeless. It was like trying to live in a desert, waiting for it to rain. He was in love with the queen so much, he decided to reunite with her in heaven. Ever since the king passed away, things got out of control. Zenon wouldn’t stop killing innocent people. He was just a beast going around killing people, snatching innocent people’s lives as though it was a piece of paper. Ripping it apart and tossing it aside. Probably to gain strength and be the strongest vampire there is out there but it was all pointless as long as Alaric was alive. Everyone feared Zenon, everyone but Alaric. Even though Zenon was older, Alaric was a lot stronger. Killing a lot of people was just Zenon’s way of showing he has power and strength.

Knowing all of this, Alaric went berserk. He couldn’t stand listening to the news his people brought back to him. One after another, day after day more people were getting killed. He was going insane and had to do something about this. And with that being said, he made a treaty with his own brother. The rules were that Zenon was forbidden to kill any innocent lives anymore. Of course he had to accept it because Alaric was giving him the title of king. Right after Zenon got the title as king, try to guess what his first order was king was?

Executing his own brother.

The whole of Dynarion Clan knew about this. Did they just sit around and let Zenon go ahead as king? For now, that is. But they don't plan to let him be the king forever. They continued the clan, choosing chosen ones to be part of the Dynarion Clan to fight against the Carrion Clan to keep the peace go on. Hopefully when they have enough strong forces, they will go back and fight against Zenon’s men to take back Alaric’s rightful title as king as the members of the Dynarion Clan senses that Zenon has a big plan up his sleeves. He can't possibly just sit around and watch them kill his men. He definitely has a plan. Even though Alaric's not around anymore, getting back his title was the main thing the leaders of Dynarian Clan swore upon.

“Were you listening to what I was saying?” Brian asked as he waved a hand in front of Hae Jung. She snapped out of her thoughts to look back at the boy in front of her. “Sorry, no. What were you saying?” She tilted her head a little before he flicked her forehead. “I said, there are twelve chosen ones this time. There might be more but from what I've heard from Yunho, there are twelve so far.”

“Twelve? That’s a lot.” She said before brushing past him to start hunting for the newborns.