Chapter 79

What if we are not...

Yulsoo are watching Minho lying immobile on the bed. His eyes are deep closed and breathing with help of the machine. He is banded from head to toes like a mummy. 

 

“Soo I want to see how Krystal is now. Are you ok to be alone?” Yuri asks.

 

“I’ll come with you. I want to know what happened between Krystal and Minho” Soo says since Minho is in the coma, there is nothing else that she can do.

 

Yuri nods. “Okay”

 

Yulsoon head to Krystal room. They see Krystal’s bed is surrounded by Mr. & Mrs. Jung, Jessica, two police men and Yoonhyun.

 

The police men are talking with Yoona and Krystal.

 

Jessica comes to Yuri and greats with Soo. “How is Minho?”

 

Soo shakes head and release a long breath. “He is in coma now.”

 

“Why are Yoonhyun here?” Yuri asks.

 

“Seohyun entered to hospital two days ago because she fainted. She is discharged today. We meet Yoonhyun at the elevator when we were transferring Krystal to patient room”

 

“Why is she talking to the police?” Yuri asks and looks at Yoona.

 

“The police are coming to report about the earlier accident. But Yoona seems to know about the tattooed guy who kidnapped Amber. She has seen him around her friend’s house.” Jessica replies.

 

“Huh?” Yuri is surprised.

 

“Excuse me, who are these two persons?” One of the police officer asks and pointing at Yulsoo.

 

“She is family and she is Minho’s cousin” Jessica replies.

 

The police officer walks toward Yulsicsoo. “What is your name Miss?”

 

“My name Kwon Yuri”

 

“I’m Choi Sooyoung”

 

The officer takes note. He lifts eyes to look at Sooyoung. “You are Choi Minho’s cousin”

 

“Neah” Soo nods.

 

“Can you please follow me to another room? I have a couple of questions to ask about Minho” The police officer asks.

 

“Neah” Soo agrees and follow the police officer.

 

“Yoona-ssi, we now asking you to not contact with your friend upon our order. Since you live near of the criminal, we will ask you to stay under our surveillance during our investigation. Which means you all cannot leave this room within 48 hours. For your protection, we will enforce the security for this room. If you have to order foods, we will accommodate for you.”

 

“Do we all have to stay?” Mrs. Jung asks

 

“Krystal’s family are free to go home. Yoona-ssi and Seohyun-ssi will have to stay. But again for your security I recommended you to stay under our supervision. We will have two officers to guard outside of this room and security camera installed. IF the tattooed guy was able to kidnapped Amber-ssi in the broad day light, it meant he had monitored in front of your house for a long time and knew you face and your daily routine. We will work to trap him so it will be dangerous for you to go outside at the moment” The officer says.

 

“We will stay to take care of our daughters” Mr. Jung says.

 

Everybody else also agrees to remain in the room.

 

“Yuri-ssi please come with me. Since you were involved in the car accident, we also need your testimony to complete our procedure” The officer says.

 

Yuri follows him and answers his basic questions; she describes how the accident happened, how she chased Minho, her relation with Krystal and Minho and also if she knows about the tattooed guy. “I come to that club a couple of time but I really didn’t pay attention to that guy.”

 

The police doubt that the tattooed guy is Minho employee based on Krystal’s testimony, but the officer doesn’t have enough evidences to confirm yet. That is why they are questioning Yuri and Soo. “Thank you very much for your time. You can now return to the room” The officer says.

 

Yuri bows and goes back to Krystal’s room.

 

“What did he asked you?” Jessica asks.

 

“Simple questions about the accident and if I have seen the tattooed guy at the club” Yuri answers. “Yoona, where did you see him?” Yuri asks Yoona.

 

“I’m not sure but Jiyoung told me that Taec is receiving a new friend at home. He asked Jiyoung to sleep at our house for a couple of days in order to make room for his new friend. Jiyoung said the guy has weird tattoo on his neck. Normally people would draw tiger, snake, or cheese word but his is the five Olympic rings that why Jiyoung remarked it.”

 

“Yuri unnie. Do you have any memory about that guy? I think he is ordered by Minho” Krystal asks. “Earlier in the car, I was able to know Minho was behind the whole kidnapping story.”

 

Yuri shakes “Normally I don’t really look at someone in detail especially at the club; all I do was drinking and chatting. Useless I had physical contact with them. Sooyoung may know about Minho and his friends more than me” Yuri answers. Her eyes meet with Jessica

 

“How often do you clubbing?” Jessica asks.

 

“Very often” Yoona says with a smirk

 

“Ya! Yoona” Yuri shouts

 

“Even at college” Seohyun adds.

 

Jessica pouts and crosses arms.

 

“Anyo babe” Yuri put arms around Jessica for a hug. “I stopped after seeing you”

 

“Mom, I want to see Amber” Krystal is jealous to see Yulsic hugging.

 

“She will arrive by tomorrow evening” Jessica says.

 

“REALLY? WOOOTHOO! OuCH!” Krystal shouts out loud because of joy but she moves too much it hurts her legs.

 

“Be careful could you?” Mrs. Jung says. “The next time if something happened to you. You have to tell Dad and Mom. Do you get it? I’ll give you a good hit on the when you will be discharged”

 

“Mom ~ it will be hurt” Krystal pouts and hugs her mom.

 

“That’s for you to remember that you should not hide anything from your parents” Mrs. Jung says. “You almost death because of the accident did you realize it?” She scolds.

 

“If you told us we could have helped you earlier and avoid the accident” Mr. Jung adds in. “Now not only you but other innocent of people are also injured because of the accident. What if they die because of you”

 

Krystal regrets “I’m sorry Mom. I’m sorry dad” Krystal says. “I’ll not let you worry the next time”

 

“Ok honey, don’t scold her anymore. She knows her fault now” Mrs. Jung holds Krystal’s head in her chest.

 

“She is that way because you always side her” Mr. Jung complains.

 

Then Mr. and Mrs. Jung are arguing with each other telling who side their children more.

 

Yulsic and Yoonhyun couldn’t help to smile at the parents. They are complaining because they love their children.

 

Jessica turns toward Yoona. “Thank you, Yoona-ah for proving the information about that tattooed guy”

 

Yoona smiles. She shakes head. “Don’t say thank you, I only state what I know. It’s my citizen duty”

 

Jessica smiles back.

 

“I need to say thank you to you. Gomawo” Yoona says in return. “Because of you I can truly know who I’m worried the most” Yoona holds and shakes Seo’s hand.

 

“Wow it’s really nice to see you guys having a good bond now” Yuri says.

 

“You should be careful; she has a lot of girlfriends” Yoona teases Yuri and smiles

 

Jessica wrinkles her nose and agrees.

 

“YA! Don’t you try to break us again” Yuri yells at Yoona.

 

“I’m sorry you are my past now” Yoona says.

 

“Because she has me” Seohyun proudly hugs Yoona from behind.

 

 

The same night, the police knock at Taecyeon house but Jongmin was not home. He went to buy cigarette at the corner store and saw the police in front of Taec’s house so he ran off.

 

The next morning, Jongming sees the news on TV about Minho’s accident from last night. He knows it’s his time for vengeance. He looks around Seoul hospital and finally finds where Minho is. He plans to assassinate Minho but the police catch Jongmin on time. He tells the police the whole story. He is arrested for five years of prison and Minho is also arrested for twenty five years because of murder attempting. The police put Minho in special jail room; with medical care.

 

On their way out of the justice palace. Minho's parents apologyze with Mr. & Mrs. Jung befor leaving

 

Jessica asks Sooyoung “Soo are you mad at us for putting Minho in jail?”

 

Soo sighs and shakes. “I can only blame me for not monitoring him good enough. That is why he become that bad”

 

“It’s not your fault Soo. If his parents care about him a little more and stop spoiling him with money, he wouldn't become bad” Yuri says.

 

Amber is helping Krytal to walk with crutches. “Don’t you dare to leave me again” Krystal says.

 

“I won’t babe. Come, I want to carry you on my back” Amber says and takes away Krystal with crutches.

 

Krystal leans on Amber and puts arms around Amber’s neck. “You are not going to study in Harvard anymore?” Krytal asks.

 

Amber holds Krystal’s waist “Nope. I realized that I’m afraid to lose you.” She pecks on Krystal’s lips.

 

“What about your studies” Krytal asks.

 

“I count on you to teach me more Korean so I can apply to Seoul University” Ambers answers

 

Krystal is extremely happy. “you are so sweet” She says.  Then Kryber kisses.

 

“KIDSSS!! It’s not time to kiss. Can you wait until home?” Yuri shouts.

 

Kryber ignores and continues their passionate kiss.

 

The parents shake head. “It looks like we are going to lose another daughter” Mrs. Jung says. 

 

Yulsic smiles. Yuri also pecks Jessica on the lips.

 

“Aigoo you kids are really!” Mrs. Jung hits Yuri’s .