chapter 1

What if we are not...

 

"YOU ARE FIRED !" every body in the office can hear the echo coming from Yuri's office.

 

"I think somebody is getting fired again" Employee A whispered

 

"It's a bout the standard. No one could last with boss lady for more than a month" Employee B replies

 

"I'm not surprised at all. She is so strict" Employee C muttered

 

 

 

 

"WHAT KIND OF WORK IS THIS ?!" Yuri throws the paperwork to her employee. When they fall on the floor,

the papers show a bunch of errors circled with red pen.

 

"I'm sorry" the employee says with a shaking voice.

 

"How many time have I told you to REVISE your work BEFORE SENDING OUT to the customer ?" Yuri speaks even louder

 

The employee is about to cry because of Yuri's tone of voice. "I'm really sorry"

 

"This is our MOST important partnership of the year!" Yuri knocks the desk with her pen to make the employee understand it's a big issue. "I have warned you : NO MISTAKE IS ALLOWED!" Yuri stands up  "ARE YOU TAKEN MY WORDS FOR A JOKE?" She hits the desk with her palms to show her anger.

 

The employee doesn't say a word.

 

"Now get out! Don't let me see you around any more!" Yuri points the door to her employee who doesn't dare to look up.

 

"Please give me another chance. I'll be careful next time" He knees down

 

"Your next time is today. NOW GET O U T ! OUT! You better walk out before I call the security"

 

 The employee timidly walks out of Yuri office and wipes his tears while closing the door. The other employees returns to their task like nothing happened.

 

"Im Yoona!" Yuri calls trough the intercom so everybody can hear her. All the employees get startle when they hear Yuri scary voice. They stop everything to listen carefully to Yuri order because they know Yuri only uses the intercom for urgent matter.

 

"If any of you see Im Yoona tell her to hit my office IMMEDIATELY !!!" Yuri finishes her speak and take a sip of her coffee but it doesn't have anything left. She almost throws the cup on the floor because she is in a very bad mode. Nothing is going well since her morning. The meeting with the customer is a complete failure. The costumer wants 75% of the benefits and everything has to be handled by Yuri's company. He uses the poor quality of the paperwork as argument to indirectly mean that Yuri's work doesn't worth a cent so his asking of 75% is not too much.

 

"Look, our company is very reputed oversea, using our name is the benefit to raise KW visibility already. You have to think that 25% we offer is like a bonus for you. We have lots of partnership proposal waiting for us if you don't want. Think about it.  You need us. " Yuri can't get ride of the costumer's smirk of her head.  She is still so annoyed about the paperwork because if it doesn't have errors, she could have deal the share to 50%-50%. She has been preparing this meeting for month and everything goes to the wrong way just because of the stupid inattention of her employee. 

 

"Where is Im Yoona?"  Yuri calls over the intercom again

 

"She is coming Miss Kwon. She..." The receptionist replies but gets cut

 

"I said Immediately!!" Yuri reminds her word. "I can't believe this! No one is taken my words to serious. Am I joking around in this building?!?!"

 

But the receptionist doesn't dare to reply

 

"Where is she now?" Yuri asks

 

"She just took the elevator" The receptionist replies.

 

Yuri sights deeply to cool down.  She  moves toward the mini bar located on the left of her office to refill the coffee. But she forgets that she has emptied it out since this morning. She looks around for new coffee powder in the cabinet but nothing is left. Her head starts to hurt and she really need some caffeine right now. She starts to get impatient "IM YOO…"

 

"Double espresso, no sugar, one cream" Yoona shows the fresh coffee cup she just bought to Yuri who lightens up immediately.

 

"Don't tell me you went to buy this coffee when I called your name" Yuri asks

 

"Nope!" Yoona pinches Yuri's nose. Normally nobody dare to touch Yuri when she is mad but she only let Yoona approaches her.  Yuri always softens her mode when it come to Yoona.

 

"Yoona you need to help me" Yuri says

 

Yoona hooks Yuri's arm and guide the last one back to her chair. "Here, sit down"

 

"What is this?"

 

"The resumé of people who applied for secretary position"

 

Yuri rubs her eyes with her major fingers and shakes her head. She doesn't want to go trough all this selection process again. "When will I find the ideal person"

 

"Just take a look. There are lot of potential among these people. Look at this person : graduated top 5 of her class, from Seoul college, 23 years old, fresh looking, type 216 words per minute. Wow she is really fast"

 

"fast means more errors" Yuri glares at Yoona. She takes a sip of the coffee which may help to take her headache a way.

 

"Okay this person then. She has lot of experiences, coming from big and well know firm. Namsang college, 27 years old, looks smart, 175 words per minute."

 

"Any children?"

 

"Two, 5 years old and 2 years old"

 

"Can't take her. I have to travel 50% of my time she will not be able to follow me"

 

"Hum..AH this one is a good one"

 

"Yoona" Yuri takes the resume away from Yoona's hand so the last one will look at her. "Why don't you become my secretary instead"