chapter 2

What if we are not...

Yoona learns on the edge of Yuri's desk. "You know my answer. Now back to your future secretary. How about this person."

 

Yuri takes a sip of her coffee again and glance at the resume very quickly to please Yoona. "I don't like him"

 

"How about this one ?"

 

"Disqualify"  Yuri says with an arrogant tone.

 

"She is good though. She is fluent in 7 different languages"

 

"That is the main reason to disqualify her"

 

"Why?"

 

"She should only put the essential. But her résumé is too long to read. Someone who can't resume and synthetize her idea will not be able to take good note during the meeting. She seems to fall in the category of people who can't make decision and write up everything she knows for us to decide. She is going to make me work more than saving my time if I hire her"

 

"Ok so this person then ?"

 

"Rejected. There is error in her résumé . I don't expect quality work from someone who is so careless"

 

Yoona searches again among the file "Ok this person"

 

Yuri shakes her head and turns to her computer screen.

 

"Then this one?"

 

"Nope" Yuri doesn't bother to look.

 

"This is the last one"

 

"Nope" Yuri still focus on her screen.

 

Yoona knows that Yuri rejects everyone on purpose. She turns Yuri around. She put her hands on the padding and looks at Yuri in the eyes. "You have to choose more seriously. At this rhythm you will never find anyone to help you" Yoona kindly reminds her boss.

 

"There is only one person who can fit in this position" Yuri stares at Yoona

 

Yoona knows that Yuri wants her to fill up the position. When she looks at Yuri, she remembers her past. She remembers that her father has stolen her hard saving money that she has prepared to attend university. Her father has gambling obsession and loosing lot of money.  She remembers Yuri has supported her intuition fees without asking for reimbursement. If it was not Yuri, Yoona may not be able to graduate properly. And considering her current job is also offered by Yuri, Yoona is more than thankful. But if she accepts the secretary position, it means she will spend more time with Yuri. She is afraid that one day she will fall for Yuri and afraid that her love is one kind of pay back.

 

"I'm your assistant already isn't it enough?" Yoona says

 

"I need more of you..." Yuri quickly changes to "YOUR help than that. Look at the paperwork of the previous secretary. There are million of stupid mistakes. I lost my partnership because of this. I can't let this happens anymore. Only you can understand what I want. How things should be done."

 

"You know the job doesn't fit with my administration degree" Yoona just saying so Yuri will stop asking her.

 

"I can teach you more about business. It's great opportunity for you to grow in the company. You can keep the current position and take additional secretary task. Salary is not a problem." Yuri realises she touches Yoona weak point when she talks about money.

 

"So how was the meeting of this morning" Yoona changes the subject.

 

"Don't even mention about it. It was a complete failure. The guy didn't want to deal at all. He requested 75% of the benefits based on the reputation of his company name. I wanted to punch him on the face because of his jerky smirk."

 

"Oh my. Did you?"

 

"Nope, thank God he had to rush to another appointment. If not I'm gonna smash him down like a smash potatoes"

 

"Thank God you stop practicing kick boxing. With a bad temper like you, I can't imagine how many person will be your victim" Yoona hands Yuri the soft ball. "Anyways, why did you call me for?"

 

Yuri can't say that she just wants to see Yoona. So she thinks about something else to say. "SO have you read the others partnership proposition?"

 

"Yes but nothing seems interesting for us at the moment.By the way, I have found a pretty interesting acquisition for us"
 

"Acquisition? Which one is it?"

 

"Best Prince Hotel is about to goes bankruptcy. It's located in the heart of Myung Dong Shopping district. It will be good for our foreign visitors clientele"

 

"Good good good. Anyone knows about it?"

 

"As far as I know, Lee Consolidated Shareholding"

 

"Oh I didn't know that they are interested in hotelier"

 

"They do, hotel business is small part of their revenues beside music production, concert and commercial filming. Each year, lots of fans are coming from other regions and even oversea to attend the concerts so if LCS can make those fans staying in their own hotel is an additional benefit for them"

 

"This is not going to be an easy fight. Sunny Lee is vey tough one. She will do everything to get what she wants." Yuri remembers her classmate-rival. Yuri and Sunny always compete with each other during their graduation year.  They both wanted to top the class. They once stayed awake for more than three days and to do their reports in front of each other just to make sure that no one was cheating.

 

Suddenly Yuri got an incoming call.

 

"Kwon Yuri's office, may I help you?" Yoona answers with the speaker button

 

"Oh Yoona, this is Yuri's father. Is she in the office?"

 

"Ah nea anyeonghaseyo ajusshi, she is right here"

 

"Nea appa. It's Yuri"

 

"Yuri ah, can you come to my office. I've someone to present to you"

 

"Nea, I'll come in 5 min" Yuri hangs up

 

"Yoona, keep me in the loop about that Best Prince Hotel. We must win the acquisition" Yuri tells Yoona before she quickly step to her father office. She is wondering who could it be. It must be someone very important so her father wants to introduce in person.

 

Yuri fixes her suite before following her father's secretary in the office ."Mr. Kwon agasshi is here"

 

"Okay make her come in" Yuri's father says on the other line.

 

Yuri bows to her father and the guest.

 

"Yuri ah let me introduce you Mr. Jung. He will be our lawyer and be reviewing all our documentation for now on. He is graduated from UCLA university and just moved back to Korea with his family. He has helped me to win a case long time ago when you were not even born. So I trust him very much. I would like you to do a tour with him, showing him a bit about our business. And you can show him the partnership proposition of this morning for revising"

 

Now Yuri is sweating because the proposition didn't go to anywhere. But she can't let her father know. "I've thought about the proposition. It's not really a good deal for us. I've something more interesting. I'll let you know more in details later appa."

 

 

"Okay. And by the way I have found a new secretary for you. She will start working tomorrow"