Chapter 53

What if we are not...

It is the early morning. Yuri is resting on the couch not too far from Yoona’s bed.

 

Seo is sitting beside Yoona’s bed for the whole night. She is holding Yoona’s hand and has never let go of it for a second. Many thoughts are flying in her head. All she can do right now is looking and waiting for Yoona to be awaked.

 

Yoong. Why must you committing suicide at this time after the moment that we just become official couple? I thought I’ve succeeded to win your heart. Didn’t you say you have started to fall for me? Is Yuri that important to you? You said you wanted to forget her. Didn’t you?

 

Seo closes the eyes because the tears are filling up. She doesn’t want to cry but tears are just falling down without her control.

 

Mianhae. I thought I could replace her. But I guess I’ve failed my mission. I’m sorry for not making you fall harder for me. If I had the courage to confess to you when you were younger, maybe you wouldn’t end your life like this. You wouldn’t have to suffer. You wouldn’t become like the one you are today. What should I do now? Tell me what can I do for you? If you cannot accept me in your life, please at least don’t hurt yourself. What if we were not friends? We didn’t know each other: you didn’t transfer to our school. You wouldn’t know Yuri. You wouldn’t know me either. If we can go back in time, I hope you would be on a different destiny for you to have a happier life even if we would not meet. Would it be better for you?

 

Seo gulps the bitter feeling that she is having. She notices Yoona eyes are moving. She leans closer and caresses Yoona’s head. “Yoong?”

 

Yoona slowly opens her eyes and meets with Seo.

 

Seo feels relief that Yoona has finally waken up. “How do you feel?” Seo asks softly.

 

“Weak” Yoona answers. Her voice sounds like air. She moves the eyes and looks around the room to identify where she is. She notices Yuri is sleeping on the sofa.

 

“She has been here for the whole night” Seo tells Yoona.

 

Yoona closes the eyes and turns the head.

 

It’s very clearly for Seo that Yoona still cannot forget Yuri. Should I help you to get with Yuri? Is that the only way to make you feel better? Seo is wondering.

 

A knocking sound wakes Yuri up. As promised, Sunny is coming to pick up Seo.

 

Yoona wants to move up and greats Sunny but she is still weak.

 

Seo helps Yoona to sit up. Yuri quickly moves up and places a pillow for Yoona to lean on.

 

Sunny signals to Yoona to not force herself. “That’ok you don’t need to sit up to great me.” Sunny tells Yoona. She calls the Doctor in to check up for Yoona so Seo would be less worry. Sunny is not convinced that Yoona wanted to suicide. Nobody would die just by immersing their head in the water. It’s not like they are drowning in deep sea water. She thinks Yoona is pretending and tried to kill herself on purpose. But for what reason, she couldn’t guess yet.

 

The doctor says everything seems to be normal for him. Yoona just needs to rest. She would be able to recover soon. He signs on the check up paper so Yoona can be discharged and left.

 

Sunny convinces Seo to go home and rest because the girl looks very tired. Seo begs Sunny to let her send Yoona back. “I’m sure Yuri can help to send Yoona back” Sunny tells Seo. “If you don’t rest, the next person to hit the emergency room would be you.”

 

Seo looks at Yuri who still has not said a word. She wants to stay but looking at Yoona she understands Yoonyul may need to have a talk. She doesn’t want Yoona to feels that she is being possessive. So she agrees to go home.

 

Yuri waits until Sunseo walk out of the room. Her eyes are moving back to Yoona. She looks at the girl for a few seconds then she asks “Wae?”

 

Yoona doesn’t want to answer.

 

Yuri sits down on the bed to face Yoona. “Why did you do that?” Yuri asks again.

 

Yoona doesn’t want to look at Yuri.

 

Yuri holds and shakes Yoona shoulders. “WHY DID YOU HAVE TO STEAL SUNNY BUSINESS PLAN? ANSWER ME!”

 

Yoona keeps the silence. She closes the eyes and presses on her lips.

 

“WHY SHOULD YOU DO SUCH THING? YOU COULD BE IN PRISON DO YOU KNOW THAT?”

 

“Are you worrying for me?” Yoona finally speaks. “I thought you don’t care for me anymore because you already have Jessica.” Yoona looks at Yuri.

 

Yuri sighs “How…how could I not worry for you?” Yuri says.

 

“You have run away. You went after Jessica that night and completely ignored me. Do you know it hurt me a lot? Why? Why did you do that to me Yuri?” Yoona says.

 

“I…” Yuri couldn’t form a proper sentence

 

“It’s you who has changed or it’s me who got everything wrong? You gave me the sign that you were interested in me but then you chased another girl. Why Yuri why do you have to hurt me like that.”

 

Yuri shakes the head. Her interest toward Yoona was true but her feeling for Jessica was sincere too. “I thought you didn’t want me.You’ve never show me anything in return either give me a clear answer about your feeling.”

 

Jessica has arrived a few minutes ago because she wants to see Yuri. She hides behind the door of Yoona’s room when Yoonyul started their conversation. She just hears everything Yoonyul just say. She put the hand over to cover her crying sound.  She doesn’t want to hear any more. She runs out of the hospital.

 

 

===============

a/n : wow wow thanks for all the comments !!!

and YAYYYY new subscribers  hehehe yippiiii