Chapter 61

What if we are not...

Jessica feels something happening from far. She looks toward where Yoonhyun are standing but the street lights are not bright enough. She just sees two silhouettes, they seem having a fight.

 

Yuri, on another hand, is busy to open the gate door so she doesn’t pay much attention about everything around. “Hey babe, help me to push the door.”

 

Jessica moves her eyes back and does what Yuri asks. “You should let me down now. I can walk up to the house”

 

Yuri ignores Jessica. Yuri uses her foot to shut the door close. It slams against the gate because Yuri kicked it a bit too strong. “Oups!” Yuri shrugs her shoulder for the blunder she just done.

 

Yulsic sees the light is in the house.

 

Jessica slaps slightly on Yuri’s chest. “You just wake up everybody”. Jessica mutters.

 

Yuri brings Jessica to the house. When she is about to ask Jessica pushing house door, Mrs. Kwon opens it from inside.

 

“Umma, you are still awake at this time?” Yuri asks and steps in.

 

“I was reading in the book room and heard a big noise from the gate. So it was you?” Mrs. Kwon asks

 

“Neh” Yuri answers

 

“Anyeonghaseoyo imo” Jessica bows from Yuri’s arm.

 

“What happened to you?” Mrs. Kwon asks Jessica. The she turns to scold Yuri. “What have you done to her again?”

 

“Umma, I’m innocent. She got injured at work.” Yuri says.

 

“Did you bring her to our family doctor to check up?” Mrs. Kwon asks.

 

“He is on vacations so I brought her to the public clinic. By the way Umma, could she stay her for a couple of days?”

 

Mrs. Kwon glares at Yuri. She understands Yuri wants to stay close with Jessica. So she agrees “Okay. You must treat her well”

 

“If Yuri tyrannizes you, let me know okay?”  Mrs. Kwon tells Jessica.

 

“Umma!” Yuri reacts. She is kind of jealous because her mother sides Jessica.

 

Mrs. Kwon and Jessica laugh at Yuri. “Neh Imo-nim” Jessica answers with a cute tone.

 

“Omo omo, you still call me Imo-nim? Yuri ah, you should reconsider your fiancée.” Mrs. Kwon teases Jessica.

 

“Ahhhnyo Umonim!” Jessica quickly changes her call toward Mrs. Kwon.

 

Mrs. Kwon smiles softly. “Get in quick.” Mrs. Kwon signals Yuri to move in. “It’s late already; you two make sure you don’t fool around too late and sleep early ok?”

 

“Neh umma” Yuri and Jessica reply in sync. Then Yuri brings Jessica up the bedroom.

 

“Ah! Yuri ah, Yoona came a while ago. She said there was some important document for you to sing. I told her to leave it to me and I would transfer to you but she said it’s very confidential. Maybe you should call her.” Mrs. Kwon says when Yuri is on her halfway to the bedroom.

 

Jessica looks to observe Yuri’s facial expression when Yoona is mentioned.

 

“Okay, thanks Umma.” Yuri says and continues to step up. Yuri wonders if Yoona really meant that or it was because she couldn't reach Yuri by phone.

 

 

 

 

When Seo caught Yoona, the last one tried to jerk back and ran toward Yulsic. However, Seo was holding very tigh.

 

“Let go of me. You hurt me” Yoona says.

 

“Come with me” Seo keeps pulling no matter how Yoona tries to remove her hand. Because Yoona resist too much, Seo finally says “Your Dad is in hospital” to make Yoona follows her.

 

“Why didn’t he call me?” Yoona remarks

 

“Where is your phone?” Seo looks directly to Yoona and asks.

 

Yoona doesn’t want to say that she threw it on the wall. She keeps the silence

 

“It’s broken” Seo answers for Yoona and pulls the cell phone out of her pocket. She shows it in Yoona’s face. She fixes at Yoona; she is disappointed. Seo suddenly feels lost because she couldn’t understand Yoona anymore. She thought she knows Yoona the best but actually Yoona is showing a completely different side.

 

Yoona tries to catch the phone back but Seo loops it. “How did you get that?” Yoona asks

 

“I saw your father on the street near Myeongdong district. He was trying to resell this to the second hand shops.” Seo explains.

 

Yoona is very angry. She is ashamed because her father needs money at the point to resell scrap. Yoona thinks her father probably needs money for gambling again. “Did he ask you to loan some money?”

 

Seo looks at Yoona. She tries to make an answer to not disclose her plan. In fact, Seo gave Yoona’s father a big amount and told him to fake that he is very sick. That way, Yoona would have to take care of her father and forget about Yuri for a while.

 

“Did he ask you for money or not?” Yoona repeats her question.

 

“He did”

 

“And you gave him?WHY SEO ?!WHY!!? How many times I have told you to not give him anything?! I HATE IT! I REALLY HATE IT WHEN HE ASKS FOR MONEY FROM MY FRIENDS. YOU KNOW I HATE IT! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO GIVE HIM!!!”

 

“Because I want you to owe me something that you will never be able to payback.”

 

“WHY?!? Why do you have to do this to me?”

 

“It’s the only way to keep you by my side. Even if you don’t like it, I really don’t care. I’ve been coddling you; do everything to please you. This time I’ve to act for my own sake. From now own, I’ll not chase you anymore because you belong to me. You have to repay for what I did to help your father. You will never be able to get away from me”