Chapter 30

What if we are not...

 “What did I pay you for?  Huh? You useless dumb !” Minho slaps his employees one by one. “Huh? Are you eating ?!!! Answer me”

 

None of the employees dare to answer Minho. They are all scared and sweeting off.

 

Since nobody explains, Minho is getting angrier. He grabs the baseball stick and starts to hit the employees. “You useless dumb ! Son of ! Son of ! Son of !” He kicks continuously to release his rage.

 

The employees are seriously injured. They are crawling on the floor.

 

Minho raises the baseball stick to hit again but someone who is present in the office stop him.

 

“You gonna kill them” The guy says.

 

Minho takes the guy’s collar “I’ve never failed to get any girl!” Minho says.

 

“What is so special about that girl to make you fall at first sight? You have only seen her once” The guy asks.

 

The guy is Minho’s right hand. He was in the mafia gang before. Then his gang chased him around because they think he betrayed them. Minho found him almost death on the street not too far from the club and saved him. To thank Minho, he helps to keep guard of the club whenever other gangs are coming to sabotage the business. He gives a lot of good advices to Minho. He is like a big bother so Minho treats him with more favors than the rest of the employees.

 

Minho looks at the guy more closely “Listen to me carefully; I’m not falling for that girl. I just WANT her because she pleases my eyes.”

 

The guy signals the other employees to get out of the office so he can talk in private with Minho.

 

“She pleases your eyes or you like her?” The guy asks

 

“She is nothing to me!” Minho confirms

 

The guy smirks and shakes his head because of Minho stubbornness. He knows Minho likes Krystal because since the very first day Krystal came to club, he saw Minho kept monitoring Krystal from the second floor.

 

 Then the next day, Minho ordered his employees to follow Krystal and report everything she does during a day; to investigate more about her family situation, boyfriend status, etc. Minho knows every single move of Krystal.

 

“If you only want her then think carefully because she is a minor. You have many other chicks to please you” The guy says

 

“I’ll make her fall for me and she will volunteer to give me everything I want.” Minho smirks.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Krystal’s mother is talking on the phone with Amber’s mother.

 

“Ah yes. Please don’t be too formal toward me. It’s not the first time Amber stays over with us. I’ll take good care of her. Ah please don’t say that. It’s not inconvenient for us at all. She and Krystal have known each other since the preschool already. I have seen her grown up with Krystal. She is a good girl. We look at her like a family member. Don’t you worry too much about her. Yes, we just found a house. We are preparing to move in this week-end. We have reserved a guest room for Amber but I guess our Krystal will not leave Amber alone. They will end up sleeping in the same room like usual. I think it must be the same whenever Krystal sleeps over at your house right? Did they say something about their relation to me? Omo omo  is there something that I’m missing? I suspicious something between them but they never say anything to me” Krystal’s mother suddenly hear the unlocking sound from the main door.

 

“I think they are back. I’ll talk to you another day. Yes, yes. Bye bye.” Mrs. Jung hangs up. She steps to the door and see Amber is piggyback Krystal in the house.

 

“Where did you two go to come back this late? What happened with Krystal?” Mrs. Jung asks.

 

Krystal pretends to sleep on Amber’s back. She covers her face with the hair so Mrs. Jung can’t see clearly.

 

“She is just too tired because we spent the whole day paying at the amusement park” Amber answer.

 

“Until this late?” Mrs. Jung asks

 

“Yes. Since it’s almost summer, the amusement park extends its open hour to attract more customers. There are fireworks at the midnight so we stayed to watch it. That’s why we comeback this late” Amber says. She is afraid to tell Mrs. Jung about what really happened.

 

Mrs. Jung shakes her head. “Even you guys are done with school, I don’t want you to hang out this late again. The latest is 10 p.m. ok?”

 

“Yes”

 

“Ok, go sleep”

 

Amber bows and step towards to room

 

“I forgot to tell you one more thing.” Mrs. Jung talks to Amber. “I talked with your mom over the phone just then; she asked why you didn’t call home? She is worrying about you. She asked if you want to change the date of the flight so she can confirm with the travel agency”

 

“Thanks aunty. I’ll call her tomorrow”

 

Amber only came to Korea temporarily. She will eventually have to return in the US with her family. At the beginning, she told her mom she wanted to stay over for 2 or 3 months but she is till has not decided for the flight back date.