Chapter 23

What if we are not...

“Eum…”

 

Fany looks at Tae with her dreamy eyes. She is hypnotized by Tae lips. Awww I want to touch them again.

 

“So? Do you agree?”

 

“Of course baby of course” Fany says without thinking. Not sure I heard ya but whatever you say I’ll say yes. Fany smiles helplessly

 

“Huh?” Tae wonders if she just heard Fany says baby

 

“I meant yes”

 

“So can we start tomorrow? He wants to see me after tomorrow”

 

“HUH? HE WHO IS HE? What is for tomorrow?” Fany wakes up from her dream land.

 

This girl is really bizarre.Tae thinks. “The SM Chairman, he wants to see me. So I wonder if you can be my vocal coach. I need more practice and criticism from someone who understands music well. I have heard you played piano in one of the reception rooms at KW Hotel. By listen to your skill, I know you have knowledge. Yuri also told me that you currently take the master degree in music.”

 

“OH so you signed the contract with Sunny????”

 

“Not yet. I’ve heard that their trainings are really tough. You will stay in a dorm. The day starts from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. You cannot go out. You cannot call home. You cannot eat whatever you want. You have to obey their order. You will be punished if you don’t. You will lose a lot of freedom. So I told Sunny that I don’t want to be part of their trainees. She said only one person can decide and it’s the Chairman.”

 

“Ah ok. I get it now. The Chairman wants to hear your voice and decide whether he can exempt you for the training.  You want me to coach you so you can prove to him your musical level”

 

Tae nods nonstop “But I need more favor from you”             

 

“YESSS Ok. What is it?”

 

“Can you become my coach for a long term? Only with my singing ability, I’m afraid that the Chairman will not agree. He will say even if I’m good it doesn’t meant that I can stop rehearsing my voice. So if I present you as my vocal coach then maybe he will reconsider.”

 

“OF COURSE H.. TAE !!” Fany is too excited. She almost says honey instead of Tae. Few..Fany is sweeting. She can’t hide her happiness. I’ll be able to see you every day. Hihihi I’ll capture you Kim Taeyeon!!!

 

“Thank you Fany ah! I don’t know what should I do to thank you?”

 

KISS MEEIII!!! KYYYYYYYYYYYYA NO OMG NOT NOW. Fany is trying to calming herself down because her heart is about to pop out of her chest. It’s beating too fast. Breath in Fany breath in. “If you become famous, can you let me go at the backstage whenever I want?”

 

“Okay!” Tae nods

 

“Promise?” Fany shows her pinky finger

 

“Promise!” Tae smiles back and makes the promise with Fany.

 

Kekekee We hold hands! OH Well ok not hands but we hold pinkies hihihi. I’ll never wash my pinky.KYA! I’m one step closer to Kim Taeyeon.!!!One day we will be together. Life is good. La la la la la la.

 

“So you saw me playing the piano at KW?”

 

Tae nods. ”That day I was on my way back to the employees’ room but I heard the music playing. I followed the sound and discover you in the reception room. I stayed I watch you from far because you seemed much focussed to the song. It was so beautiful so I didn’t dare to interrupt.”

 

“Do you like that song?”

 

“Yes. It’s a beautiful song. Did you compose it?”

 

Fany nods. “I wrote it for my mom. I play it when I miss her.”

 

Tae sympathize with Fany because they share a common point. They have a song related to someone they love. Fany has a song to remember her mother. Tae has a song to remember her friend.

 

“You told me that she died when you were three years old right?” Tae asks

 

“Yes. She left me too early so I don’t have many souvenirs with her. I wrote the song based on what I learned from her diary.  That song and the diary make me feel like she is still around me.” Fany smiles.

 

Tae sees the moon shape eyes on Fany again. Perhaps the sad story hidden behind her smile, she always shows her happy side. Tae starts to admire Fany for being strong because she understands the feeling of losing someone.   

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Sooyoung goes in a club like usual. She sees Yuri is sitting at the bar, drinking alone.

 

“One martini please.” Soo orders to the bartender. Soo sits next to Yuri who has the chin on the table. “Hey girl! What cha doing alone here? You look desperate.”

 

Yuri sighs. She signals the bartender to give her another shooter.

 

“How about you and Yoona?” Soo asks

 

Yuri sighs.

 

“What is up girl? What is wrong with you?”

 

Yuri sighs again

 

“So nothing happened after that kiss?”

 

Yuri shakes her head. “Drama happened after that kiss. YA why did Minho have to make such game?!?!” Yuri takes Soo collar.

 

“Hey hey girl. Relax! It was just a game. Everybody liked it so far. Most of the people go club for flirting. You know meeting randomly, kissing in randomly and hooking up randomly. That is how we play. Don’t tell me you didn’t like to kiss Yoona. You has feeling for her since long time ago no?”

 

“That is the problem”

 

“Huh? What? I don’t get you. If you kiss her and you like her, then you should go out with her. What is the problem?”

 

Yuri is rubbing her face.

 

“Is there someone else?"

 

Yuri nods

 

“That person is jealous?”

 

Yuri nods

 

“Jessica?”

 

Yuri nods

 

“Do you love her? Don’t lie to me. You are very open with the girls who are flirting with you. But now you are too concerned about a kiss with Yoona. Now tell me the truth, did something MORE SPECIAL happen between you and Jessica?”

 

Yuri puts her chin on the table again “But she doesn’t remember at all”

 

“Wait a minute. It’s not just a kiss right? You will never look so desperate for a kiss. OMG…you…you slept with her? KWON YURI YOU PLAYED ONE NIGHTSTAND?”

 

“SHOUTTTT!” Yuri covers Soo’s mouth “Why don’t you yell to the whole word? I’m not playing one night stand. It just happened between us. She was drunk, I had little alcohol too but I was still conscious of what I did.”

 

“So now do you love her more or do you love Yoona more”

 

“I don’t know. It’s frustrating. I don’t want to hurt Yoona. But Jessica is avoiding me since that night. She is not coming to work. She is not eating with me. She is not sleeping with me anymore. I’ve not seen her in the last three days and it’s frustrating. It hurt me to see her cried.”

 

“WOW WOW WOW Girl! Not too fast there is something I’m missing here. She sleeps with you every night?”

 

“Don’t make it sounds wrong. She is sharing bed with me. Her family is moving from US to Korea. They stay at my house temporary in the mean time to find a place. But her dad found a house and they will move out this week-end.”

 

“Kwon Yuri. I think Jessica starts slowly covering the image of Yoona in your mind. I have to warn you that Sunny is hiring Jessica as the new stylist for SM. She may become Kim Taeyeon personal stylist.”

 

“WHAT? WHY DID YOU PRESENT JESSICA TO SUNNY?!?! WHY THE HECK YOU HAVE TO SEND MY JESSICA TO SUNNY?” Yuri takes Soo’s collar again.

 

“RELAXXXX URICORN!!! It’s the best place to show off her skill. She will be able to show off all her creativity without restriction. Plus, I don’t see how it could affect your relation with Jessica. You still able to see her after work!”

 

“YA! DID YOU ASK ME FIRST BEFORE SENDING MY GIRL TO SUNNY LEE? JESSICA IS MY CURRENT SECRETARY I’M NOT LETTING HER GO ANYWHERE ESPECIALY TO SUNNY SHORTIE LEE”

 

“YA! YOU DARE TO CALL MY SUNNY SHORTIE AGAIN!” Soo also takes Yuri’s collar.

 

And SooYul fight.