Chapter 67

What if we are not...

“Her korean name is Miyoung” Tae answers for Fany.

 

“Cheongmal? Your name fits you really well. Don’t you mind I call you Miyoung?” Mrs. Kim asks Fany

 

“Well I’m don’t really like that name ommonim. You can call me Fany too.”

 

“Why is that? I think it’s a very pretty name. Your parents must love you very much”

 

 Tae knows that Fany is not happy when talking about her family. Tae whispers to her mom “Umma, Fany’s mother passed away when she was little.”

 

“Oh it’s a pity. It must be hard for you father; he has to play both mother and father role.” Mrs. Kim talks to Fany.

 

“and she is not in a very good term with her father too” Tae whispers again.

 

“Wae?” Mrs. Kim asks. For her the family relation is very important. She doesn’t like it much to know that Fany is not in good term with Mr. Hwang. “Every parent loves their children. You should try to talk with your father. I believe he will forgive you.” Mrs. Kim tells Fany. She misunderstands Fany did something bad and made Mr. Hwang angry.

 

“Anyo ommonim, it was not my fault. It’s very complicated between my father and I”

 

Mrs. Kim frowns. “Still you should try to resolve with him”

 

“Neh ommonim” Fany answers. She is afraid that Tae’s mom has a bad first impression so she doesn’t dare to argue.

 

“Umma, how long will you stay” Tae changes the subjects so Mrs. Kim will not ask Fany more question.

 

“I come to visit and bring some foods for you. I thought to stay about 2 or 3 days. Can you do a tour and show me how Seoul is like? Your father asked me to take a lot of photos since he has never been in the city.”

 

“You brought too many foods; I don’t have any frig in the door.”

 

Mrs. Kim glances around Tae’s dorm and she only sees the bed, the desk, the closet. That is pretty much what Tae has. “So you don’t keep any food in the room? What do you do when you get hungry in the midnight?”

 

“I’m cannot eat in the midnight in order to follow the diet plan of the company. Plus, their rules are very strict; the foods are not allowed in the dorm because it may attract insects or ants, etc.”

 

“So I have to bring back everything? Aigoo”

 

“Um Fany ah, can I leave them in you fridge?”

 

“Of course!” Fany answers. “Ommonim where will you stay? If you don’t mind, you can come to my house for a few days.” Fany suggests. It will allow her to get closer with Tae’s mom.

 

“Really? Would it be inconvenient for you?” Mrs. Kim is not sure it’s a good idea. “I have thought to stay in the hotel for a few days”

 

 “Anyo ommonim. Please stay in my house. You only come for 2-3 days; just save the money for the shopping” Fany says and smiles.

 

“I like that idea young lady!” Mrs. Kim exclaims. She already forgets how to say Fany in the right way and she cannot call Fany with the Korean name, so she uses young lady instead.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Minho gave money and asked his employee to escape in order to not be caught by the police. But Minho thought it was not secure. He ordered his gang to kill the guy so no evidence could be found.

 

The guy is too scared. He runs to Chansung, Minho’s right hand, to ask for help. People in the gang always ask for Chansung help when they made Minho mad. They know Minho only listen to Chansung. Plus, Chansung was not so agreeing about how Minho wanted to treat Amber and Krystal.

 

“Chansung?”

 

“Jongming hyung?”

 

“Chansung ah please save me. Minho is chasing after me”

 

“What have you done again?”

 

“I’ve done nothing wrong this time Minho went too far. I did everything he told me so, but now he is trying to get rid of me”

 

“Is that because of the girl, Krystal?”

 

Jongmin nods. “Yes. Minho asked me to hide somewhere so the police could not find me. I was at the port, about to escape to China, and there was a gang following me to the boat. I was mostly near death they were trying to assassin me. Minho also said he would take care of my family too. What should I do now? I’m so scared. I cannot escape, I cannot return home. He really want my death”

 

“I could hide you at my house but –”

 

“No, not at your house. Minho may come to visit you”

 

“You know when Minho wants something he will do whatever it take to have it. I could let you hide at the house of someone I know temporary. But tell me what have you done that made the police involved?”

 

“I did as Minho asked me. I kidnapped the tomboyish girl and beat her up. However, the girl was too smart she succeeded to escape and she reported to the police.”

 

“There is a big chance that you cannot go to other country now. The police may added you to the blacklist”

 

“How can they do that, the girl couldn’t see my face. It was masked”

 

“If you had been in physical contact with her, they could detect your DNA on her body or cloth, especially if you left some blood stain on her. If the police find you, most of the evidences are against you.”

 

“Unless I denounce Minho. But my family is in his hand. He is going to kill my family”

 

“Unless you confess to the police that was your entire idea. You kidnapped her because you want to steal some money from her family”

 

“But everything was coming from Minho not me. Why do you side him?”

 

“Listen Minho is my Boss. I cannot betray him. You will do the same thing if you are in my position. We all know someday we have to sacrifice for him. That is how the gangster life is. At least if you are in the prison, you and your family will be safe.”

 

“Whatever, I cannot think too much now. All I need is my family members to be safe.”

 

“I’ll hide you somewhere and convince Minho to stop chasing you.”

 

“Where will you hide me?”

 

“A friend’s house, his name is Taecyeon”

 

Taecyeon is working at a pool house where Chansung often comes to play.  Taecyeon always let Chansung finish the game even if it was the closing hour.  They rarely talked but when he is alone, Chansung would ask Taec to join.  With time they become friends. Taec is the only friend Chansung has beside the people in the gang.