chapter 31

What if we are not...

The next morning, Yulsic are sleeping soundly because they came back really late last night. Yuri is cuddling Jessica from the back. Jessica moves slightly when a ringing sound coming from the cell phone disturbs her sleep. She recognizes the ringtone of Yuri’s cell.

 

“Yuri ~” Jessica calls softly. She gives a slight elbow.

 

Yuri doesn’t want to pick up. She is sleeping like a death.

 

The cell stops ringing for a few second and it starts over again. The sound continues to go on and off for a few times. It becomes more annoying each time.

 

Jessica wants to pick up the cell put she is holding back by Yuri’s arm. Yuri put her leg over Jessica’s body to block.

 

“Anng~” Jessica lets out a coddle sound.

 

Yuri smirks but her eyes are still closed.  She has heard the sound but she is too comfortable to move away from Jessica.  She buries her face to sniff Jessica’s scruff. 

 

“Don’t pick up. It’s probably from work.” Yuri says. She wants to take a day off in order to spend more time with Jessica because tomorrow the Jung family will move out.

 

“Let me turn it off at least~” Jessica says. She picks up the cell phone on the bedside table. “Yuri ah, it’s your father” Jessica reads the ID caller.

 

“My father?  He is already at the office? This early?” Yuri asks. She doubles check the ID caller. “I’m not answering. It’s never good when he calls me persistently like that.”

 

“Maybe it’s something important” Jessica says. She clicks the answer button and places the cell phone over Yuri’s ear.

 

“Yuri?” Mr. Kwon asks on the other line

 

Yuri pretends that she is not hearing

 

“Kwon Yuri! Do you know what time it’s? Why are you not in yet?” Mr. Kwon asks “Did you just let everybody go on vacation or what? Yoona is on vacation, you are not at work and Jessica is not in too. What is wrong with your department?”

 

“Appa I’m sick today” Yuri lies

 

“Your voice sounds very healthy for me. How sick could you be? Did you party again yesterday? How many time I have told you. I don’t care if you are clubbing late or not but you have to be punctual at work. Don’t just call sick because you are lazy. The businesses would be delayed.”

 

“Appa , don’t say like I’m not working at all. I don’t party that much. Do you remember the Best Prince case? Yoona & I worked until 10-11 p.m. each day to make the acquisition plan.”

 

“Yes. I remember very clearly. You did the plan, you hit the guy and left all the trouble for me”

 

“I apologized to him already”

 

“Yes you apologized but you did not make him sign the agreement.”

 

“What? He has not signed the agreement? I left the agreement on his table when I went to apologize. So I assumed he would sign after and sent it back to us”

 

“How can you just ASSUME like that. You had to get the original document with your own hands before you left! Yuri ah if you continue like that you will give me a heart attack.”

 

“Appa, you know how difficult it was to take my pride off and apologize to that guy? I was so temperate after saying sorry to him. So I just left to avoid other trouble because I may hit him again if I stayed any longer.”

 

Yuri hears her dad sights from the other line.

 

“If only your brother can help me a little bit” Mr. Kwon says and he hangs up.

 

Yuri also sights. She knows her father relay on her a lot because her bother is good at nothing. He hangs out with a gang of bad guys who only took advantage of his money. He is rarely home and only come back when he needs more money. Yuri’s father is very desperate because her brother has not finished his high school.

 

Yuri decides to call her dad. “Appa. Is there anything you want me to do? I know you are not calling me non-stop for nothing”

 

“I bought a flight to the US.”

 

“You want me to meet Johnson again and return with a signed copy”

 

“Exact. I actually want to go by myself but the executive committee want to hold a meeting for tomorrow. They want me to explain the reason of our lost during the last quarter. So if I go see Johnson, I will not be able to flight back on time.”

 

“But tomorrow is Saturday they really want to meet during the week-end day?”

 

“There is no week-end day in the world of business Yuri ah. Once you reach my position, you may have to work during Saturday and holidays too. Business always goes first. Anyway, the committee wants to meet me absolutely for tomorrow. If you can sign with him and send me a copy before the meeting of tomorrow, it would be a great help to calm down the committee.”

 

“Can he just sign the agreement and fax to us? Why it’s getting so complicated with him”

 

“He is just playing his hard to get because you hurt him. He is afraid that we may change the terms after he signed the agreement so he wants us to sign on the copy with the witness of his lawyer.”

 

“What time is the flight?”

 

“It’s for 10 a.m. You still have 3 hours to pack your stuff quickly and go to the airport. I’ll asks Miss. Park to change the ticket for your name and send you the itinerary. Yuri ah I know it’s hard to you to handle this case but I can only trust you in this world.”

 

“Ok appa I understand. I’ll go to the US”

 

“Thank you Yuri ah. I’ll give you a big reward after”

 

“Nae~” Yuri hangs up. She covers her eyes with her forearm and sights.

 

“What is wrong?” Jessica asks. She turns to hugs Yuri.

 

“I’ve to go to the US” Yuri says.

 

“Do I need to go with you?”

 

Yuri startles “NO! BIG NO!” Yuri says because she doesn’t want Jessica to meet with Johnson again. “Just stay home. Be good and wait for me. OK?” Yuri cupping Jessica’s face “Give me a kiss.”

 

“MUAHH. hihi” Jessica shrug her shoulders
 

 

“What is so funny?”

 

“Because of what you just said Be good and wait for me. It’s like a husband asking his wife to wait for his return”

 

Yuri pinches Jessica’s nose before she bursts off the bed.

 

“Can you help me to pack some clothes quickly? I need to wash my face and change.” Yuri asks.

 

“How long are you going?” Jessica asks

 

“Just put enough clothes for 2 or 3 days.” Yuri shouts from her bathroom. Yuri’s room has its own bathroom inside.

 

“SO I won’t be able see you during the week-end?”

 

Yuri remains silence because she is busy to brush the teeth.

 

Jessica is wondering if Yuri will miss her too because of the silence.

 

Jessica continues to prepare the luggage then she gets the idea to not packing the underwear for Yuri. Jessica giggles by herself while imagining how made Yuri will be when she will find out.

 

“Are you done?” Yuri asks

 

“YES!” Jessica quickly closes the luggage and hands it to Yuri.

 

“What is it with that smile? Are you happy to send me off?”

 

“Anyo I can’t wait to see you back”

 

“Aww You cannot miss me for a second huh?” Yuri hugs Jessica tightly for few seconds. Then she clasps her arms around the waists to lift Jessica up. “Alright I’ve to go now” *MUAH* *MUAH* *MUAH* “I’ll miss you baby”

 

Jessica feels butterflies when Yuri calls with the affection name. Baby? Jessica somehow likes it.

 

“I’ll miss you too…hubby” Jessica makes a sweet smile to Yuri.

 

Hubby? Yuri smirks. ”Seobang” Yuri corrects. She kisses Jessica tenderly. “Ok I’ll be late if I remain longer” She puts Jessica down to take the luggage.

 

“bye bye”

 

“Don’t meet with SUNNY LEE when I’m not around ok?” Yuri caresses and pecks on Jessica’s cheek before she goes out.