chapter 17

What if we are not...

Fany and Hyo are hiding behind Tae. "Who are you?" Tae asks Sunny.

 

“Would you like to join me for few minutes?” Sunny invite Tae in her car instead of presenting who she is.

 

“Why should I? I don’t know you. You may kidnap us and sell us out.” Tae replies. Hyo and Fany agree.

 

“Why would I do that to you?” Sunny says

 

“Because we are pretty” Fany sneaks and move back behind Tae right a way.

 

Tae looks at Fany with a what-the-heck look. Pretty? Tkss

 

Sunny chuckles because of the absurd idea. “Do you think a kidnaper would invite you politely in a luxurious car?”

 

“Who knows! Maybe it’s the new style to make us believe you” Tae says. Hyo and Fany node non-stop.

 

“Why the kidnappers should waste such time and money to do that? Isn’t it easier for them to shout you mouth and throwing you in the car?” Sunny signals the bodyguards to push the three girls on the car. She doesn’t want to waste more time.

 

The scene turns into chaos when Hyo and Tae resist and Fany is about to yell. The bodyguards have no other choice than tapping the girls’ mouth and pushing them in the car. It makes Tae believes even more that Sunny and her gang are the kidnappers.

 

The car takes the three girls to a hug parking lot. Fany notices various minivan stationed near of the entrance. She somehow can guess where it’s.

 

Tae and Hyo struggle when the bodyguards pull them out of the car. Sunny moves in the building first.

 

“YA!!” Tae yells when a bodyguard remove the tape.

 

“Shout!” Fany asks Tae to stay quiet.

 

“Be careful” Tae says

 

“Just follow her” Fany says. She takes Tae’s hand to follow Sunny.

 

Hyo also grabs Tae shirt. The two girls look a bit lost. It’s their first time in such hug and luxurious building.

 

The girls take the elevator to the 3rd floor. Then they go through a very quiet hall. Everything is dark except for a few spotlights along the long wall, just enough to know where to step.

 

The girls pass through a door which leads them to a very noisy hall.

 

Tae sees people are running here and there. It pokes Tae curiosity when she sees some of them have a speaker case on their head. They look like the technical employees at the underground stage. She can guess that she is at the backstage of a music show. When Tae walks further inside, she sees some groups of musician and singer standing here and there to practice their song.

 

“Why are you taking me here?” Tae steps up and asks Sunny.

 

Sunny leads Tae to the left tormentor. “Look”

 

Tae follows Sunny’s finger. She sees a bout five thousand fans are cheering, screaming and yelling like crazy to the singers. Some of the fans are crying when the singers shake their hand. Some fans are taking multiple snapshots to make sure that they will not miss any angle of their favorite singer. Few of them take advantage to throw the gifs on stage. But most of all, Tae is impressed by the size of the stage. It looks immense compare to the tiny underground stage. And the sound effect is hundred time better quality.

 

Sunny smiles with satisfaction when she notices the sparking eyes of Tae. “So?” Sunny asks Tae

 

Tae looks at Sunny for a few second trying to guess what Sunny wants. “What is your purpose?”

 

Sunny smiles back “Follow me”. She leads TaenyHyo to her office and asks the bodyguards to take a break.

 

“I think you can see the different between our stage and where you usually perform” Sunny says

 

Tae stares at Sunny waiting for more explanation.

 

“I've heard you sing once. I think you have a very big potential to become a famous star. I invite you to our concert to give you an idea how we can help to make your dream come true. That underground stage is not big enough for you. You need something measurable to your talent. Something that allows you to shine more on stage" Sunny says. “With our technic and marketing strategy I’m sure that you will be a big music icon. I’ve drafted a contract for you. You don’t need to sign it now, just take a look and come back to me if you are interested.” Sunny pushes the contract toward Tae. “You guys can go now” Sunny calls the bodyguards in to TaenyHyo out.

 

“Are you going to accept it?” Hyo asks Tae

 

“I don’t know yet” Tae replies

 

“It’s a great opportunity you know. SME is one of the most famous agencies. Their artists make millions of dollar per year.” Fanny says

 

“MILLIONS?” Hyo widens her eyes. “Oh my! That means I can eat millions of ramyung bowls”

 

“You silly you don’t have to eat instant noodles if you have millions dollar.” Fany says

 

“That’s true hehehe” Hyo smiles back.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

“Diary to Omma,

 

Omma, yesterday I went to see Tae singing. They called underground stage but it looked more like a basement for me. But Tae was really good. The crowd was captived by her voice. It was soft and sweet. And she also sang a song that I really really love. It calls I Love You. Isn’t sweet omma? I recorded that song with my cell and can’t stop listening to it. I think I memorised most of the lyric but there are some parts that I still missing because Hyo’s voice ruined my record. One day I’ll be able to sing the whole song. I hope you can hear me up there omma.

Omma, I wish you are still by my side so I can present Tae to you. Her baby face is adorable even though she doesn’t talk to me much. She is still cute when she spaces out. Hihi. I wonder what she is thinking about. I miss you omma. I wish you are with me so I can tell all my confidence to you. But unfortunately you left me too soon. That was because of Dad but he doesn’t seem to regret at all.”

 

 

“What are you writing?” Tae asks

 

Fany shuts her diary immediately. “What are you doing here? You are not allowed to overlook my diary” Fany panics because she thinks Tae may see what she just wrote.

 

“This is my usual spot. I must be the one to ask what you are doing here.” Tae says.

 

“Since when the rooftop is your’? It’s the property of the hotel”

 

“Fine” Tae stands on the bench

 

“Are you going to sing again?” Fany asks.

 

Tae yawns and stretches out her arms. She knows Fany is still looking at her. “Why did you write about me in your diary?” She turns to look into Fany eyes

 

Fany cheeks immediately become pink. “W www wwhat are you talking about. I didn’t write about you”

 

Tae closers her face to Fany. “Really?”

 

“I wrote to my mom you silly”

 

“Wrote to your mom? Why don’t you just call her up wiht the phone”

 

“I’m afraid she doesn’t have a phone up there”

 

Tae frowns because she still not catches what Fany means

 

“She passed away in a car accident when I was three” Fany says

 

“Mian”

 

“No don’t worry. Even if she is not physically by my side. Her soul still with me” Fany shows Tae her mother diary “This is her diary. She wrote everything in this book. Through this I learn to know who my mother was and I know all her secret.” Fany smiles to Tae her eyes form a haft moon shape which seems cute for Tae.

 

“So you do like her?” Tae asks

 

Fany nodes

 

“Alright I know your secret too” Tae jumps off and walk toward the stairway

 

Fany get panicked again “What do you mean you know my secret? How much did you see just then?”

 

“Everything!” Tae shouts from the stairway.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Yuri and Jessica go to the downstairs for their breakfast. Usually they would take breakfast at the office except for the weekend days.

 

Yuri notice the girl who hugged Jessica yesterday at the airport is standing next to Jessica’s dad.

 

“Yuri ah this is Jessica’s mom, her sister and her sister`s friend” Mrs. Kwon presents the new guests to Yuri.

 

Jessica runs to hug her mom.

 

“Anyeonghaseyo”  Yuri bows to Jessica mom and also greets the two news girls “I’m sorry I didn’t have a chance to see you yesterday. We came back a bit too late last night”

 

“Don’t worry too much Yuri-ssi. We are very easy going persons” Jessica mom says. “I hope we are not bothering you too much especially Jessica”

 

“Ah nae, not at all aunty” Yuri politely says. She sits down next to her mom.

 

Yuri looks at Jessica because she wants Jessica to sit next to her.

 

Jessica frowns her nose a little bit because it looks like she has to sit on her parent’s side.

 

Krysal notices Yulsic eyes communication, she quickly takes Jessica place and pulls Amber down next to her so Jessica has no choice but go toward Yuri’s side.

 

Smart kid! I like you. Yuri looks at Krystal who smiles back.