chapter 57

What if we are not...

Yuri is sitting in the car and waiting for Jessica in front of SM building. She rests the forehead on the steering wheel because many thoughts are coming to her mind.

 

She is thinking about things happened during the past few days. Her conversation with Yoona at the hospital was enough to disturb her daily life. She cannot concentrate at work because Yoona and she kissed at the hospital. Yuri cannot get rid of that image. It keeps repeating in her head, especially the way Yoona stared. Yuir keeps asking why it should happen when she is already engaged to Jessica. She feels guilty toward Jessica. She wants to meet with Jessica so badly but the little girl avoided her.

 

When Yuri called at Jessica’s home number, Mrs. Jung said Jessica moved to SM dorm temporarily. Then, Yuri got Tae’s number from Fany; and so she found out that Jessica was staying with Fany. But she still asked Tae to report everything about Jessica at the SM.

 

Fany warned Yuri that Jessica came to hospital and heard the conversation that Yuri had with Yoona. Yuri’s mind is tangled. She is wondering if Jessica saw the kiss. She is worried that Jessica is mad because of that. Yuri tried to call Jessica cell but nobody picked up. Jessica didn’t reply to Yuri text message either. However, she guessed that Jessica didn’t see anything if not Fany would mention about it and ask a million of questions.  Fany is the curious type, so if she knew Yoona kissed Yuri and Yuri is in relation with Jessica, she would not leave Yuri in peace.

 

Yuri is very confused right now. She sits upright to stop thinking. She lifts the eyes toward the SM entrance and sees Jessica stepping out of the building with Fany.  Yuri’s heart sinks when she sees Jessica walking with difficulty. Yuri is scolding Fany in her head. She thinks Fany should have piggyback instead of letting Jessica walk in that condition.

 

Yuri gets out of the car and moves toward Jeti. When she walking up the stairways, her eyes meet with Jessica.

 

The little girl changes direction when she sees Yuri approaching.

 

When Jessica moves to the left, Yuri moves to the left. When Jessica moves to the right, Yuri moves to the right. When Jessica stays still, Yuri stands blocking Jeti.  

 

Fany is tired because she has to follow Jessica’s movement. “YA! Can the two of you stop playing hide and seek?” Fany yells. “Here, take your girlfriend back. She is too heavy for me.” Fany removes Jessica’s arm from the shoulder and gives to Yuri.

 

Jessica wants to hold on Fany but the last one pushes Jessica towards Yuri.

 

Yuri shows the hands but Jessica doesn’t want. So Jessica holds on the handrail instead.

 

“I’m off now. You two deal with your own issue. Don’t put me in between the two of you.” Fany says. She uses the eyes to communicate with Jessica. Talk to her!

 

Jessica shakes the head.

 

Fany doesn’t want to care anymore. She stares at Jessica and says. “BYE!” Then she is rushing down the stairways.

 

Jessica pouts because Fany doesn’t help and let her alone with Yuri.

 

Yuri stares at Jessica waiting for the last one to look at her.

 

The tall girl holds Jessica’s forearm to help but the last one pulls back. Jessica doesn’t look at Yuri; she continues to walk down the stairways despite the injured ankle.

 

Yuri doesn’t insist for helping because she thinks Jessica is mad. She just follows from behind and watching Jessica steps. Yuri gulps for seeing her girlfriend enduring the hurt.

 

Then Jessica pauses after two three step because of the aching feel.  

 

Yuri can’t take it anymore. She goes past and stands in front of Jessica.  She wraps around the butts and lifts Jessica up.

 

Jessica is unbalanced and catches Yuri shoulders. The intimate feel just gets back to Jessica because of the hug. She really wants to be wrapped in Yuri’s arm; to feel that warm from Yuri’s body. But it’s also something that Jessica afraid of. If Yuri touches her, Jessica would be so into Yuri that she would not be able to stay strong if Yuri asks for breakup. Therefore, she thinks she should not hold Yuri for too long.

 

Jessica pushes when Yuri reaches the last step. “Let me down.” Jessica says. She gets on her feet.  

 

This time, Yuri doesn’t listen to Jessica. She lifts Jessica in the bridal style and brings the little girl to the car. Jessica continues to struggle but her foot hurt so she couldn’t move much.

 

Yuri puts Jessica on the front seat. She blocks Jessica’s hands and puts the seatbelt around Jessica’s body. She pecks Jessica’s lips to stop the scrub move.

 

Jessica looks at Yuri in the eyes. She wonders what would Yuri do next, but Yuri closes the car door and gets on the driver seat. Jessica wants to get off but Yuri is holding her hand even if Yuri has to drive with one hand. Jessica is unsure what does it mean. If she wants to break up then why is she holding me so tight?  And so Jessica lets Yuri be.

 

The two girls remain silence for a while.

 

“Where are you bringing me to?” Jessica asks when the scenery becomes unfamiliar.

 

Yuri doesn’t answer. The car finally stops at the beach. Yuri gets off and goes to open the door for Jessica.

 

The little girl expects Yuri would lift her up in the arms again but Yuri only shows the hand to Jessica.

 

Disappointed, Jessica holds on the door to stand up and step out of the car.  She hears Yuri locking the car. She feels a hand holding her shoulder. She finds Yuri’s other hand holding her forearm. She doesn’t know if she should push Yuri again. She wants to lean on Yuri, but she is having a mixed feel of love and hate.

 

Jessica is sulky because of what Yuri said to Yoona at the hospital. I thought you didn’t want me.You’ve never show me anything in return either give me a clear answer about your feeling. Jessica recalls Yuri words. She wonders if it means Yuri still has feeling for Yoona. But then she is confused why Yuri is so caring toward her. Why did you lift me up? Why to carrying me in your arms. Jessica looks at Yuri with a sad expression. She sees Yuri bands down and lifts her up again. She lets Yuri do. If she can stay in Yuri’s arms for only a few more second before the break up, it would be enough because she cannot push Yuri out anymore. She misses Yuri too much to do that.

 

Yuri purposely brings Jessica to the left side of the beach; where not many people come because of the block of rocks. She puts Jessica down on one of the rock.

 

Jessica looks at Yuri in the eyes. “What are you trying to do?” Jessica asks. She rests the hands on Yuri’s shoulder to keep the balance. But it is because she wants to stay close with Yuri too.

 

“This way, you cannot run away from me anymore” Yuri looks up and says softly. “If you remove your hands, you will fall into my arms even if you don’t want to touch me”

 

Yuri holds Jessica forearms and moves up to start the kiss with Jessica.

 

The little girl cannot refuse. Her mind says no but her heart is falling for Yuri too deep already. She is sunk in the kiss distractedly. She feels Yuri pulling closer and wraps around her waist.

 

Yuri knows her feeling toward Jessica is truth because her heart is beating fast when she kisses Jessica. These days, Yuri was about to go crazy because Jessica refused to meet her. She misses the little girl so much when she could not see her. Yuri needs to kiss Jessica to confirm her feeling again; that it’s different when she kissed with Yoona. She wants to erase the kissing with Yoona from her memory because it was worng. She shouldn't kissed Yoona when she is already engaged to Jessica.