Chapter 10

What if we are not...

Yuri gets out of her conference room. She is in a very good mood because her call with the CEO of Best Prince Hotel went well. He likes the proposition and wants to meet with Yuri to discuss more.

 

"So Yoona, start to prepare for the next meeting. You know what to do right" Yuri says.

 

Yoona nodes "You can count it on me"

 

"I'm so excited !" Yuri exclaimed. Just then she notices the clumsy Jessica walking about 15 feet in front with bunch of documents in the arms. The papers are about to fall off because Jessica can not properly hold all of them.

 

 Yuri slowly tiptoes to Sica. "SICAT!" Since Yuri is in the good mood, she lifts Sica up from behind and spins around.

 

"Kkamjjakya! You scared me" Sica whines

 

But Yuri doesn't care. She pulls Sica face closer to give a peck "MUAH!"

 

 Yoona just has to witness how Yuri adores Jessica.

 

Sica pushes Yuri out

 

"WAE?" Yuri is not used to be rejected by a girl

 

"My papers ~ I spent the whole day to classify them" Sica sadly pouts

 

Oups!  Yuri sees that the papers are all over the floor.  "Are those papers more important than me?"

 

"Of course! It's the strategic plan you wrote for the next year" Jessica  starts to gather the papers back together.

 

"Are you sure? I didn't write that much" Yuri also bents down to pick up. "What is this?"

 

'Well you asked me to add more graphics and make 12 photocopies for your presentation"

 

"I ask you to add SOME graphics. You practically make a photobook"

 

"But you said each power point should have less word as possible. It should be brief and catchy. So I though photos would be good"

 

Yuri holds her nose bridge "Oh my"

 

"Wae?" Sica blankly asks

 

"Nothing ~" Yuri sighs "Bring this home. I’ll show you how to make the power points for a presentation" Yuri says and steps in her office.  

 

Yoona also follows Yuri. “You have changed”

 

“Huh? What? Why are you saying that?”

 

“Just know your action toward Jessica. You seem softer than before.”

 

Yuri is thinking about what Yoona just said. Softer? “I don’t think that I’m a rude person”

 

She suddenly stops walking; making Yoona bumps in her back. “Ouch”

 

“Are you ok?” Yuri rubs Yoona’s forehead.

 

“Whatever you say. Picture worth a thousand words” Yoona says.

 

“Whatever you say. I can’t accept when people say that I’m RUDE ~"”  

 

“You really don’t realise that you have changed?”

 

“Not at all”

 

“Well someone who fires 12 employees in three months. Who threw things to her employees when she is mad? Who practically yelled out when she is in a bad mood? You don’t think it’s rude? And just now you helped Jessica to pick up the paper and said that you will teach her how to do the presentation. You have changed to the opposite of what you used to be”

 

“Jessica is different. You know that I cannot fire her. It’s a deal that I have made with my father”

 

“You two seem closer too”

 

“We are leaving in the same house, sharing the same bed. Sure we have become closer.”

 

Lately, you hug her quite often and she doesn’t seem to reject you at all. “Share the same bed?”

 

“Yes. The guest room is under construction so she stays with me” Yuri notice that Yoona acts a bit strange today. “Are you jealous?” Yuri bents toward Yoona.

 

“Well just that because I’m surprised to know you guys are in same room. I’m just sur..suprised. That’s it”

 

“Yeah sure” Yuri smiles. Surprise? Okay, if you don’t want to admit it. I’m cool since I know you are. “Dinner?”

 

“I can’t make it tonight”

 

“WHY? Who else is more important than me?”

 

“My friend is flying back from oversea. I’ve promised to pick her up at the airport”

 

“Do you want me to drive you there?”

 

“No thanks. I’ll take the taxi”

 

“Ok”

 

“SO, back to the Best Prince meeting. I’ll make the document ready for tomorrow”

 

“That’s right. I forget to ask Jessicat to schedule the next meeting” Yuri presses on the interphone “Jung Jessica”

 

Jessica hears Yuri call her. But she cannot reach the phone since the desk is all covered by the papers.  

 

“Jung JESSICAT! Do you hear me?” Yuri comes out

 

“NAE!”

 

“What were you doing?”

 

“I’m trying to short the documents and the phone is covered”

 

“Okay, come with me for a second” Yuri grabs Jessica’s hand. “I need you to schedule the next meeting with the CEO of Best Prince Hotel. He is currently on vacations in Jeju island. Sit down here and use my phone”

 

“Jeju island?”

 

“Correct. We need to get there as soon as possible. So book 3 flights for us.”

 

”Three flights?”

 

“Yes. You will also come with us”

 

“Huh? But..”

 

“No BUT. One of the investor of Best Prince is an American guy. I’ll need you to present our proposition to him since your English is more fluent.”

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Yoona waves to her friend. “Go to the right” Yoona shouts to her friend since the airport is so crowded

 

“Oh Yoona ah”

 

The two hug each other when they finally met

 

“How was the flight?” Yoona asks. “Let go this way. The taxi is waiting for us”

 

“A bit too long. But it’s fine. I missed you” The girl hug Yoona neck while walking

 

“Me too! It has been three years already. Seohyun ah”

 

“OMG, that’s right the last time I saw you is when you graduated from college”

 

“Don’t talk about that day. You didn’t come to see me graduated”

 

“Aww sorry ~ But I’m back in Korea forever so I’m all your now”

 

“Really? You are not going back to Japan again? You have done with goguma research?”

 

“I have discovered a lot of goguma species in japan. And done lot of laboratories hours.  Now I’m back in Korea for experimentation”

 

“What kind of experimentation again?”

 

“Goguma 1001 project”

 

“Goguma 1001 project?”

 

“Yup I’ll transforme the goguma into 1001 usefull products. Goguma skin care, goguma lipstick, goguma body lotion, goguma parfum. OMGGGG I’m so excited just talking about it”