Chapter 75

What if we are not...

Fany and Tae’s mother are back from their shopping tour.  They are filled with bags in both hands. “I think that blouse fit you really well.” Fany is talking to Tae’s mother while opening the door of her apartment. She uses the foot to hold the door.

 

“Sankyou.” Mrs. Kim steps in first. “It looks nice but the color is a little bit”

 

“Anyo ~ you have faire skin, the bright colors will suite you very well”

 

“Really?”

 

Fany nods. “You look very pretty in it”

 

“Aigoo I should have bought it then”

 

“We can go again tomorrow”

 

“Really?” Tae’s mom smiles. “There were a couple of more things I wanted to buy too”

 

“Anytime you want omonim” Fany smiles brightly. I’m going to call sick tomorrow if needed! Fany thinks in her head. Fany is ready to do anything to please future mother in law. Kekeke like that Tae couldn’t run anywhere. MUAHAHAHHAH. And if she would argue with Tae, she has Mrs. Kim on her side. “Hihihi” Fany laughs. She uses the elbows to push the door a little wider and steps in.

 

Mrs. Kim looks at Fany weirdly.

 

Tae comes out of the kitchen when she heard the voices. “WOAAA!” Tae widens her eyes because of there are too many big and small bags. “Are you sure you haven’t bring the whole shopping mall back?” She goes to help her mom.

 

“Anyo, this is only round #1” Fany answers.

 

“We may go again tomorrow” Mrs. Kim adds.

 

Tae facepalms. “Umma, how will you be able to bring all of these back home?”

 

Mrs. Kim ignores Tae and moves toward the salon because she wants take another look of her new purchases again.

 

“She can live here then!” Fany answers.

 

Tae arches on of her eyebrows up and moves closer to Fany. “What are you up to?” Tae asks and looks at Fany in the eyes.

 

Fany shows her tongues to tease Tae and follow Mrs. Kim to the salon.

 

Mrs. Kim is opening the bags one after another. “I didn’t only shop for myself. I bought a couple of clothes for your father, other family memebrs and you too. Look isn’t this pretty? I bought this for you.”

 

“KYAA!! Umma it’s embarrassing” Tae says when she saw the red Mickey Mouse in her mom hand’s. “Who chose it? You would never buy this kind of design for me.”

 

“Fany told me it’s the new trend of the city girls. She has a very good taste.” Mrs. Kim answers and applies the on Tae’s lower body.

 

Tae clips the with two fingers and holding it far away.

 

Fany is cracking up behind Tae’s mom; she tries to not make any sound. “You look cute in it”

 

Look cute in it yourself. Tae glares. “Anyo umma, I’m not elementary student anymore. It really doesn’t suite me. What if my fans find out I wear this kind of stuff? It will be really embarrassing.”

 

“You fans will say you are cute. I think it’s cute too. I bought 12 of them in 12 different colors.”

 

“HAIZZZZZ” Tae’s face becomes dark. She is speechless but if she refuse the gift, her mother would be sad.

 

Fany sends air kiss to Tae. She smiles and her eyes form the haft moon shape. I’ll make you wear it. HIHIHI. Fany thinks. “Try it on” Fany says

 

“That is a good idea” Mrs. Kim agrees to tease Tae

 

“ANYO! Umma this is underwear! It’s not a piece of T-shirt or short. How could I try it on and show you like that?”

 

“Why are you shy? I’m your mother and there is only Pany. You two are already close” Mrs. Kim points at Fany and Tae, hinting that she knows about their relation.

 

“You know about us?” Tae asks her mother.

 

“When we talked on the phone you told me there is someone you like. And when I shopped with Pany this morning, she couldn’t stop saying “Tae likes this” “Tae likes that”. She shopped more for you then for herself. It was really unusual between friends. So I asked her directly and she confirmed that you two has been dating since two months?”

 

Tae glances at Fany.

 

“I shouldn’t lie to Omonim right?” Fany says to Tae

 

“Don’t blame her. Why didn’t you tell me anything huh?” Mrs. Kim asks Tae

 

“I thought it was not right moment yet. I thought to bring her to visit you and father after my first solo show. Umma, do you agree for us?”Tae asks.

 

“For anything you do, there will be someone who doesn’t like it. The most important is you could find happiness in what you are doing. If you think it’s right for you, then go for it. Don’t hold back and regret later. The regret felling is very hard to overcome” Mrs. Kim refers to Tae’s past and her friend. “If your dad and I didn’t persevere, we wouldn’t be family now”

 

“But Dad doesn’t like me to become singer” Tae’s says. She ran off home because her dad didn’t want her to become singer.

 

“The artist life is hard. He just worried that people would take advantage of you and you couldn’t have a comfortable life. I’m sure after your first show, he couldn’t deny that you have talent and you were born to be a singer.”

 

“Umma, kamsahabnida”

 

“You silly. You would know that Umma always support you”

 

Tae nods.

 

“Will you use that song in your show?” Mrs. Kim asks. “The one Ji-Eun wrote for you.”

 

“I have not decided yet.” Tae glances at Fany.

 

“Why? You always want to sing that song. Or are you afraid Pany would be jealous? She really likes that song too” Mrs. Kim says.

 

“How come you know so much about Ppany? You have only met her for a day or two” Tae is surprised that her mom is already close with Fany.

 

“Because she likes me” Fany hooks arms with Mrs. Kim.

 

“We talked about a lot of things during the shopping. I told her I want some clothes to wear at your show then we talked about the songs your will perform. She told me you are in the process of selecting songs to perform. That is how we ended up talking about the song I Love You by Lee Ji-eun” Mrs. Kim explains.

 

“So you know about my past? Are you ok if we perform that song together?” Tae asks Fany again to make sure. Tae hesitated to talk about that song to Fany but thanks to Mrs. Kim she doesn’t need to ask Fany.

 

Fany nods. “I learned about your past form Hyo and Omonim. Even if you were in a relationship with Ji-eun or not, your past is your past. I fall for you because you are loyal to your feeling. If you forgot Ji-eun quickly after all she did to you, I would reconsider our relation because you could forget me in a second too.” Fany reaches Tae’s hands.

 

“Sankyou Ppany ah” Tae is touched. She pulls Fany in for a hug.

 

“Don’t do this in front of Omonim” Fany says.

 

“You are weird, normally you like me to act sweet and be touchy toward you. Now that I show sink ship at the right moment, the right time; you are shy about it.” Tae remarks.

 

“Well not in front of your Mom, she may feel awkward” Fany says.

 

“I don’t see anything” Mrs. Kim closes eyes and waves with her hands. “I’m going to cook”

 

“Oh I was about to cook a while ago before you came in. I took out all the ingredients already” Tae shouts because her mom is already in the kitchen.

 

Fany pecks on Tae’s cheek because it’s showing to her eyes. “Thank you” Fany says and claps arms around Tae’s waist.

 

Tae turns her head back to Fany. “For what?”

 

“For loving me” Fany smiles with her eyes. “Because of you, I also have a mother now. I could feel how mother’s love is like.”

 

Tae smiles. She checks if her mother is looking before giving Fany a peck on the lips. *Muack*

 

“I HEARD YOU!” Tae’s mom shouts from the kitchen because of the pecking sound.

 

“MUAH MUAH MUAH MUAH” Tae fakes the pecking sound on purpose to mom.

 

“You and your Mom are so funny” Fany says. “I wish I can meet your father too.”

 

“I invited him to the show. If he wants to come he should have come with Umma already” Tae says.

 

“Maybe he is busy and would come at the day of the show only” Fany says to comfort Tae.

 

“I hope so” Tae says. “What about your father? Did you talk to him?”

 

Fany puts. “I don’t know”

 

“What do you mean you don’t know? Pick the phone, talk to him or ask to meet him. ”

 

“It’s simple to say but hard to do. I’m still not ready to speak with him”

 

“Let’s make a deal. If I succeed to talk with my dad, you also have to do the same with your dad.”

 

“What if I lose?”

 

“Then I will stay at the dorm forever. Plus, you know family bond is really precious to my mom. I don’t think she will love you if she knows you do not make effort to talk with your dad. ”

 

“So I will not be able to see you day and night?”

 

“That is correct”