Chapter 5

What if we are not...

"Appointment ? Is this the new rule ?"

 

"Yuri says anyone wants to see her must have an appointment first"

 

"Forget to tell you. She is the exception for the appointment" Yuri suddenly comes out and pulls Yoona in her office.

 

Jessica doesn't have a chance to say anything. Yuri already closes the doors.

 

"And don't go any where until you receive the employee card" Yuri comes again.

 

"Also, if my father calls me, transfer the line to me directly. His name is Kwon Hye Deok in case you do not know" She shuts the doors as soon as she finishes what she wants to say.

 

"How many thing she forgets to tell me, really." Jessica talks to herself

 

"THAT'S IT!" Yuri shouts from her office.

 

Jessica startled.

 

 

"Looks like you have found your secretary " Yoona says. She puts the breakfast on Yuri's desk like she does every morning.

 

"Thank you. I'm not sure that she's going to help" Yuri sighs. 

 

"Why? Didn't you look at her experiences before hiring her? I thought you have high standard toward your employee"

 

"Experience?!?" Yuri clicks her tongue and shakes her head. "I'm not the one who hires her. My dad is. The worst thing is I cannot fire her and I have to teach her how to work"

 

"Hahaha. Kwon Yuri is finally got controlled by her dad" Yoona laughs

 

"Ya don't laugh. If I have to do overtime. You will have to stay with me"

 

"Me why? I should not be implicated in your father & daughter matter"

 

"You…"

 

Yoonyul conversation is interrupted by  background noise coming from the phone.

 

"Jung Jessica. What are you trying to do?" Yuri asks

 

"Ah.Oh. So this is the button to connect to your extension" Jessica says from the other line.

 

"Oh my really. Are you trying all the buttons to guess how the phone works?"

 

"Eum…"

 

And  Yoonyul hears a background music goes on. The kind of music that plays when you have to wait on the line.

 

"Oh my" Yuri wants to face palm herself.

 

"Hihihi" Yoona laughs. "You really need to give her more instructions than that or your day will be long"

 

"Help me Yoona ah~" Yuri shakes Yoona's arm.

 

 "Hehe.You will be fine~" Yoona pats Yuri's head.

 

*knock* *knock* *knock*

 

"WHAT?" Yuri shouts

 

"Eum..I think the phone is broken" Jessica says. She is looking on the floor to avoid Yuri eyes

 

"HA! See?" Yuri turns toward Yoona.

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*knock* *knock* *knock*

 

"Come in"

 

"Hello  ~ Yuri ah"

 

"Oh. Fany ah. What's up? Why didn't you call me before you come."

 

"I just happen to pass by this area and see the light is still on in your office.  So I take my chance." Fany greets Yuri with a friendly hug. "Are you done? Let's dinner together."

 

"You come at the wrong time. I'm still working"

 

"Just leave it for tomorrow. It's almost 8.30 p.m. You must eat at least. Who is she?"

 

"My new secretary. Her name is Jessica Jung" Yuri presents Jessica who is working on Yuri's computer.

 

"Hi~" Fany greets . Her voice is not very sincere.

 

"Hi" Jessica says nicely.

 

Fany glares at Jessica from head to toes. First Yoona, now you are in my way.

 

Jessica glares back. What is wrong with you?

 

*Fany's Glare*

 

*Jessica's Glare*

 

*Glare with thunder*

 

*Glare with fierce*

 

Uh Oh War between these two.Yuri concludes from her observation.

 

"Why is she working at your desk?" Fany asks

 

"It's too long to explain. I don't think I'll be able to hang out with you tonight" Yuri doesn't want to tell that Jessica just shreds one important document. So Jessica has to retype it again.  Yuri doesn't feel right  to talk about Jessica mistake to Fany. 

 

"Aw but we haven't seen each other for a week already. Am I your friend?" Fany says

 

"Yuri ah, I can continue alone. Don't worry" Jessica feels bad to make Yuri work late.

 

"You don't try to make any trouble" Yuri says. "I'm really sorry Fany. But I cannot leave. The document has to be done for tomorrow."

 

"Really?"

 

Yuri nodes

 

"Okay. Do you want me to bring you something to eat?" Fany asks

 

"Yoona just went out to order some foods"

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Sunny is walking alone to one of her familiar bar. The place where she has to go everyday after work. She has a habit of drinking to release her stress, to forget everything happened in her day. She wants to get drunk but no matter how much she consumes, it's not enough to make her drunk.  So she moves from a bar to another all the night long until she feels bored.

 

*buzz*

 

Sunny picks up her phone. "Oh. Sooyoung ah"

 

"Sunny, were are you? Why didn't you notice me when you left" Sooyoung worries.

 

"Sooyoung ah, why. Why must you stay with me every night?"

 

"Why do you ask this kind of question? You are my best friend. Best friends spend time together"

 

 "And Yuri is also your best friend right"

 

" It's normal that we are friends. You, Yuri and Me have know each other since highschool."

 

"Sooyoung ah, if Yuri and me have a fight which side will you stand by?"

 

Sooyoung remains silence for a few second "Sunny ah, are you ok?"

 

"You will stand on Yuri side right? Hehe. It doesn't matter Sooyoung ah. I'm used to be alone in my life"

 

"Sunny ah, just tell me where are you? You are making me worry"

 

"Thank you sooyoung ah" Sunny hangs up. Thank you for worrying for me.

 

Sunny continues to walk. Something catches her attention when she pass by the alley. She see a group of friends step out of a club.

 

"That girl can really sing too well"

 

"Her voice is so amazing!"

 

"I wish I can sing like her"

 

"I think she can beat all the best singers in Korea"

 

"I also think like you. And I like her outfit thought"

 

"It's too for me"

 

"That's why I like it. It has the feel of artist"