chapter 20

What if we are not...

Kryber is running after Jessica.

 

Yuri stands up but her hand is caught by Yoona.

 

Her eyes express please don’t go. But Yoona doesn’t say it out because there are too much people looking. She just looks hoping Yuri would understand what she is thinking about.

 

The regard reminds Yuri that, long time ago, she has promised to never let Yoona be sad.

 

Do you still remember Yuri ah? Yoona hopes to find the answer in Yuri eyes.

 

It’s the first time Yuri can feel Yoona’s love. Why should it be at such moment? Yuri holds Yoona’s hand firmly. She gulps. She is sad because she doesn’t want to hurt Yoona. If she releases that hand, she would hurt someone she likes.Yuri is too confused at the moment. Her brain is debating between Yoona and Jessica. Yuri stops thinking. She closes her eyes. She pulls out Yoona’s hand because she needs to see Jessica. She is worried about Jessica.

 

When Yuri runs out of the club, she sees Kryber is running after a taxi. She quickly takes her car, and load Kryber in. She accelerates and burns many red lights because she hopes to catch up with Jessica.

 

Jessica is crying in the taxi. She receives many call form Yuri. It makes her tears up more.

 

Yuri tries to call again and again but Jessica has turned off her cell.

 

Kryber is sweeting at the back seat because of Yuri dangerous driving. They finally catch up Jessica taxi in front of Yuri house.

 

“JESSICA!” Yuri calls but Jessica keeps running inside.

 

Jessica locks herself in Kryber room because it’s the nearest room to the door. She presses her back against the door so nobody could go in.

 

“JESSICA, PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR” Yuri says. “LET ME SEE YOU”

 

“GO SEE YOONA.GO CONTINUE THAT GAME”

 

“WHY DID YOU STOP? WHY WERE YOU STANDING ASIDE? I WAS WAITING FOR YOU.”

 

“YOU ARE LYING!! I DON’T BELIEVE YOU!”

 

“At least let us in Jessica” Krystal shouts but Jessica doesn’t reply. “Where are we supposed to sleep tonight?”

 

“Kids, what happens? Why are you so loud? Do you know what time it is?” Yuri’s mom went to drink water and saw the girls standing in front of Kryber room.

 

“It’s nothing omma. We are just playing around” Yuri says

 

“At this time?” Yuri’s mom frowns “Go sleep already. You will wake everybody in the house.” Yuri’s mon looks at Kryber. She wonders why they do not go in their room. “Is somebody inside?” Yuri’s mom knocks

 

*knock**knock**knock*

 

Jessica has no choice to open the door. She doesn’t dare to look at Yuri’s mom. She is afraid that Mrs. Kwon sees her swollen eyes. She stands on her profile side.

 

Yuri and Kryber take advantage to step in. Yuri takes Jessica’s wrist immediately.

 

Jessica lets Yuri be because she doesn’t want to fight in front of Yuri’s mom.

 

“Omma, we will stop the game. Don’t worry. Please go rest.” Yuri assures her mom before closing the door.

 

Yuri’s mother shakes her head and leaves. She wonders what kind of game the girls are playing but it seems to her that Jessica has cried. She suspects that they must have a fight. But since they are not kid anymore, she doesn’t want to interfere in their issue. They should be able to resolve it.

 

“Let go of me” Jessica wrenches but Yuri is holding tight.

 

Yuri pulls Jessica in. She wraps her arms around Jessica’s body.

 

Jessica is blocked and cannot fight anymore. She doesn’t want to look at Yuri. She shows her side.

 

“It’s not like you think.” Yuri says.

 

“I don’t think. I saw it. I saw you had so much fun with her” Jessica tries to push Yuri out.

 

“Please look at me” Yuri puts her hand on Jessica’s cheek. “I was thinking about you”

 

“You are lying. You must see how passionate you kissed her” The tears are falling on Jessica's cheeks because the image of Yuri & Yoona kiss hits her memory.

 

Jessica closes her eyes firmly when Yuri wipes the tears. Her heart is broken just think about the kiss.

 

It hurts Yuri to see Jessica cries. “I was thinking about you. What should I do to make you believe me?” Yuri asks desperately

 

“You don’t need to do anything. I know you are flirting with me. You have fun to flirt with the girls. You, Sooyoung and Fany. But I can’t be like you and your friends. I can’t just play that game. I can’t just kiss with anyone. I was trying to find you. But somebody was already sat on you. I stood there. I hoped you would push the person out, if you felt it was not me. But you didn’t. I wait and wait. And when I opened my eyes, what I saw was you kissing with Yoona.” Jessica uses all her force to push Yuri.

 

“I’m not flirting with you” Yuri says

 

“Please leave me alone! You don’t need to play with my heart. I can’t handle it.”

 

“If I flirt with you, that night would not happen!”

 

“I don’t want to hear. I don’t want your excuses” Jessica covers her ears

 

Yuri can’t tell Jessica more because Kryber is staring.

 

Kryber makes a fake yawn as if they are not paying attention but in fact they heard everything.

 

“I’m too tired” Amber stretches.

 

“Let sleep now” Kyrstal says                                                                                                                  

 

“Good night!” Kryber quicky hides under the blanket.

 

 

“Lets go back to our room” Yuri says

 

“No I don’t want to. I’ll stay with Krystal”

 

“Amber needs to sleep too. I cannot let you sleep with other girls.”

 

“Amber would sleep on the floor”

 

“Why me?” Amber whispers to Krystal under the blanket.

 

“Be good baby, Jess is not in good mood” Krytal pity Amber but she as to help her sister.

 

“If you don’t go up. I will stay here too” Yuri sat down and crosses her arms

 

OMG!!Krystal widens her eyes. If Yuri stays too, nobody could sleep. Krystal decides to stand up. She pulls Yuri to a corner.

 

“Unnie, just let her stay with me. She needs to calm down. Just give her a little time. I think today is too much for her already. Plus, it’s late and all of us are tired.”

 

Yuri listens to Krystal and leaves the room. She really wants to meet Jessica’s eyes before she leave but there is no hope. Yuri understands that she hurts Jessica badly.

 

 

 

In the taxi, on their way back home.

 

“Woa. What kind of game is that? I hope Yuri and Jessica are ok” Hyo says.

 

It was fun though.Fany thinks. She glances at Tae who is looking out of the windows

 

Fany wonders how Tae felt when they kissed. As for Fanny, there were butterflies in her stomach. She thinks her body temperature must hit around 35 °C when she sat on Tae ‘s laps, just like when she had fever because she felt burned. OMG I think I have Tae fever. Fany can’t hide her happiness. Uh OH. How to tell Yuri that I love Tae? Poor girl. She will be sad to know that I cannot go out with her. But Yuri has lot of girls already. She will recover fast. Hihi.

 

“What are you thinking about” Tae sees Fany smiles like crazy

 

“Wwwha what what I’m thinking about. Nothing” Fany stutters

 

“Why are you blushing?” Tae asks

 

Because of you babo. “I’m not blushing. The weather is hot. That’s why. HEY WHY WERE YOU NOT PLAYING THE GAME?” Fany turns towards Hyo to change the subject.

 

“When heard we have to kiss. I was just not game enough.I really didn’t know what to do so I just stood there. Right on the moment when the music started, a girl in the crowd grabbed my hand and stolen the mask. She did not play the game she just sat on Sooyoung’s laps. I was WOW such a possessive girl. Isn’t she the girl who asked Tae to sign the contract?”

 

“That’s her! She is Sunny Lee the daughter of Lee Consolidated Shareholding Ltd. Her dad own lots of companies, and in various area. One of the companies is SME. But that one it’s owned between her dad and uncle. She is reputed to club each night. She can go to different clubs in just one night. It doesn’t surprise me to see her there. The owner of the club is Sooyoung’s family. Sunny knows Sooyoung, it must be her regular spot.”
 

 

“What is her relation with Sooyoung? Why didn’t Sooyoung called her out too?”

 

“Based on what Yuri told me. They were class mate. Sunny has a crush on Sooyoung. Sooyoung also likes her, I think. But Sunny always think about the business so Sooyoung take it easy. She doesn’t want to develop any deep relation with Sunny because she is afraid to feel hurt. So they remain friends. Anyways it’s complicate between them. And Sooyoung didn’t call Sunny to join us because she knows Yuri & Sunny had a fight long time ago. Plus, they are business rival so it will be very awkward for them.”