Chapter 6

What if we are not...

"Some one who can be compared to the best singers?" The remark makes Sunny curious. She wants to know how the girl in question sounds like.

 

Sunny takes the alley and walks to the club. Surprisingly, it was not a normal club but an underground music stage. It is so crowded. Sunny wants to approach the stage but she is blocked by the people who are standing.  She can barely see the stage even with her 7 inches high heels. She tries to stand on her toes to have a better view.

 

On stage, a group of dancers just finished their performance. The crowd applauds loudly and whistles fervently.

 

"That was the last performance of tonight. Tell me how do you like it?" The MC asks the crowd.

 

"DEABAKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!" The crowd responds. More whistles can be hear here and there.

 

"DO YOU WANT MORRRRRRRE" The MC points the microphone toward the crowd.

 

"YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYES!" Everyone yells back.

 

"WHO DO YOU WANT TO RECALL?"

 

"KIM TAE YEON"

 

"THE B-Girls group!!!!!!!!"

 

"Kim Tae Yeon"

 

A couple of people also call "Kim Tae Yeon" name repeatedly.

 

Taeyeon finally reappears on stage. 

 

The MC bows to Taeyeon  with his hands to show his respect.  "You are the queen"

 

Taeyeon smiles back and takes the control of the microphone "IS EVERYBODY READY?"

 

"YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" The crowd replies

 

"MUSIC!" Taeyeon gives her order to the musicians and a rock song starts up right a way.

 

Sunny is amazed by Taeyeon's voice . She has never heard anyone who can sing that well. During the who song, Sunny is captivated by Taeyeon vocal ability until a guy behind hisses very loudly . It almost pierces her eardrum.

 

When Sunny moves her eyes back to the stage, Taeyeon is already disappeared. The crowd starts to dispatch.

 

"Excuses is there anyway to meet with the singer?" Sunny gets closer to the stage and asks one of the musician.

 

"Hahaha. Where do you think we are? Meet with the singer" The guy laughs because Sunny sounds like she wants to meet with a famous star. "Nobody use the word singer here. We are performers. We enjoy to perform on stage. That's it. Are you new here? It's the first time I've seen you around."

 

"Kind of" Sunny doesn't want to reveal that SM entertainment is one of her business.

 

"IF you want to see Taeyeon. I think it's not possible. She may left already"

 

"Do you know when will be her next performance?"

 

"That I cannot tell you. She does not come frequently. She comes a leave on her will. She only lets us know one day before coming"

 

"You guys don’t sign any contract with her?"

 

"What contract? We are not an agency here. I've told you. We enjoy performing on stage. We are all freelance artists." The guy sounds offended. "Our stage is for anybody who is passionate about  music. We are not making any benefit here. Are you trying to steel our artists? Which agency are you from" The guys suspicious Sunny  wants something more than meet up with Taeyeon.

 

" I just want to see that singer because I'm amazed by her voice. There is nothing else"  Sunny lies because in reality she wants Taeyeon becomes an artist under SM management.

 

The guy gives Sunny a weird look.

 

Sunny excuses herself and leaves. She reaches her phone and dials to Donghae on her way out.

 

"Oppa"
 

"Oh. Sunny ah"

 

"I need you to find out about Kim Tae Yeon"

 

"Kim Tae Yeon?"

 

"Right. She is a freelance singer. I just saw her performance in a club. I'm sure she will bring lot of benefits to the company"

 

"A club?"

 

"It's not normal club but an underground stage"

 

"Underground stage ? Is it illegal?"

 

"That is not the point. We need to bring her to SM no matter what. I've never heard anyone who has such vocal ability. She could be a big star if we polish her up a little bit."

 

"In which club you saw her?"

 

"It's located in an alley around Hong Dae area. Near NB club. There is no name for the club."

 

"Sunny ah. How can I find someone with such descriptions?"

 

"Oppa. I know there is nothing you cannot do" Sunny hangs up.

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Few days later, Taeyeon is chased around by two bodyguards. Donghae is running breathlessly behind.

 

"YA! STOP RUNNING KIM TAE YEON!" Donghae looses his tie

 

"WHO THE HECK ARE YOU! STOP CHASING AFTER ME" Tae shouts

 

"I...JUST...WANT...TO...TALK...TO...YOU" Donghae talks between his breath.

 

"I have nothing to talk to you. Go away" Tae stops running to catch back her breath.

 

"AISSSH. STOP Running already" Donghae steps up.

 

Tae also moves up.

 

Donghae can't talk anymore. He signals Tae to stay still.

 

The two bodyguards are also too tired. They all lay down on the ground.

 

"You two are really useless" Donghae says to the bodyguards.

 

Since Donghae does not have an eyes on her, Tae takes advantage to run away.

 

Tae runs up to her apartment. She locks the door and starts packing her stuffs.

 

"Tae? What is wrong?" Hyoyeon asks

 

"Ya! Did you pay for the rent? Three guys are chasing after me just now" Tae says

 

"What rent? I thought you will pay it"

 

"YA! We agreed to pay 50-50"

 

"I know. That's why I'm trying to collect money here and there"

 

"So do have enough money now?"

 

"No. Do you?"

 

"NO"

 

"SH*T. We have not pay anything for the last three months"

 

"Hurry up and pack your stuffs"


"You mean we have to run away?"

 

"Well do you have other solution? The three guys who were after me look like some Mafioso. If you wan to die, feel free to stay. Me I’m too young for that."

 

Hyo and Tae pack everything they could and secretly leave the apartment. They leave a note to the house owner.

 

"Dear Ajussi, we are broken in a short period of time. We are very sorry to move out without notice. But we promise to come back later when we have collected enough money to pay our debt. Thank you for your left over dinner. See you soon. Taetae & Hyo"

 

That night Hyo and Tae have no where to go. They sat in the corner of the street.

 

"Ah grrrrr. It's cold" Tae says

 

"That is your idea you silly. Ah grrrrr" Hyo replies

 

"We look like homeless"

 

"We are homeless !" Hyo shakes because the weather is getting colder. "Aissh We can't stay like this. We have to move"

 

"Where?"

 

"I mean move your body. Shake your body. Shake shake shake." Hyo starts dancing alone

 

"You look silly to dance alone in the middle of the street"

 

"You know in US they break dancing on street too. Come one add some music"

 

Tae brings out the music player and she puts it on a rap song. Hyo dance catches people attention. They stop to cheer up and enjoy the music. A guy also joins the dance for fun. But suddenly the music stops playing.

 

"I think it's broken" Tae says after trying to fix the music player.

 

"Aww" Everybody is sorry about the situation because they enjoy the dance so much.

 

"Let me rap for you guy"

 

"Hey thank you! What is your name" Hyo asks

 

"Stephanie and you guys?"
 

"I'm Hyoyeon. And the little ajuma sitting overther is Taeyeon"

 

"Hihihi. Nice to meet you"

 

"Nice to meet you. Do you know how to dance?"

 

 Fany smiles "No no I'll just rap. Why is she not dancing with you?"

 

"People will run away if she starts to dance"

 

"YA!!!" Tae throws her shoes to Hyo